NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Accepted this morning also! Interviewed 03/01

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I got an email that the admission will review waitlist in this coming months. Does it means they will review after accept most of students on April? Does anyone know how they work :) ? Please let me know if anyone on the same boat! NYU is truly my first choice!
When did you get the email?

Yes. And when do you have to reply by? Did they send it to everyone on waitlist or just a select few?
I got it too, it was due today. Idk how many people they sent it to.

I Officially withdrew my position! I hope it goes to someone on the waitlist 🫶🏻

Reactions: 3 users
Got an interview invite today (OOS applicant). The dates were March 21, 22, 23

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just so you know 75% of the current D3 class just failed the one-credit course and probably had to remediate while the professors mainly blamed the students for not preparing enough

Reactions: 1 users
Can I ask how long it took for you to get off the waitlist?
I was never waitlisted, I was accepted directly on Dec. 15th but turned my seat down as I got multiple other offers from cheaper schools on the same day. You can scroll through this thread and find those who stated they interviewed and then accepted to get a general idea. I think it could be anywhere from a couple months on waitlist to less than 2 weeks depending on how competitive you are after interviewing as well as how quickly NYU wants to have their class filled.

Reactions: 1 user
I was never waitlisted, I was accepted directly on Dec. 15th but turned my seat down as I got multiple other offers from cheaper schools on the same day. You can scroll through this thread and find those who stated they interviewed and then accepted to get a general idea. I think it could be anywhere from a couple months on waitlist to less than 2 weeks depending on how competitive you are after interviewing as well as how quickly NYU wants to have their class filled.
Thank you for your response!

After an interview, are we allowed to send a thank you email directly to our interviewers?

You all should really be paying attention to the recent events being showcased about how little NYU cares about their students…please stop glamorizing this school…but it’s a shame the next post will still be someone wanting to hear back from this school
One man’s trash is another man’s treasure

Reactions: 3 users
Hi are you on waitlist did you send a letter of intent ?
Asked if I’m still interested and asked if I placed a deposit anywhere. They also told me to just keep checking my portal.

One man’s trash is another man’s treasure
Ultimately, the choice is in your hand. All I'm saying is that the system here is corrupted and if you have a better and cheaper choice, go for it. The course in which 75% of the class failed was said to be "an experimental course" by the course directors. Would you pay another $100,000+ because you fail this experimental one-credit course?

You all should really be paying attention to the recent events being showcased about how little NYU cares about their students…please stop glamorizing this school…but it’s a shame the next post will still be someone wanting to hear back from this school
I'm curious about this, I am a Canadian applicant, can you please provide me with links to what you're referring to

what happened with that course is all over dental ig, good they’re putting the school on blast, if thats true, it is absolutely ridiculous

No, you’ll receive an email from admissions saying who interviewed you and where to send the email letter too. If you don’t receive that email, still send it to admissions
The email just said the faculty's name. Would it be okay to look up his email and email him? I remember them saying something about not directly emailing our interviewers but i'm not sure...does anyone remember what they said about sending thank you emails?

The email just said the faculty's name. Would it be okay to look up his email and email him? I remember them saying something about not directly emailing our interviewers but i'm not sure...does anyone remember what they said about sending thank you emails?
No, don’t email the faculty. You answered your own question. Just send it to admissions, and yes I remember because I interviewed there and have the email too.

do you know this as fact or are you just assuming
Assuming. If you look at the whole thread, it’s usually every 13-14 days. The last batch was sent on the 21st, so I assume around April 3rd.

Is there anyone who is on the waitlist but have not yet to receive an email or phone call from NYU?

Accepted from waitlist 30 minutes ago. Didn't send a letter of intent/interest

Reactions: 1 users