NYU College of Dentistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mascue

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've read a lot of information on studentdoctor.net regarding NYU Dentistry during the early 2000s. During then, everyone would give bad reviews of NYU dentistry and that it is a place to go if you are just really rich. I understand that NYU dentistry is still expensive, but is the quality of education still as bad as people say as they were during the 2000s?

Members don't see this ad.

Regardless of the quality of education the price tag is egregious. When they graduate are the NYU students twice the dentist that someone who went to Buffalo or Stony are? No and they are in twice the debt!

Some students on here seem to think that they will be twice the dentist for going to the slightly cheaper MWUAZ but that is also not the case.

I noticed your avatar. My girlfriend is a big fan of Day6 too.

Reactions: 1 users
I can only speak for the D1 experience thus far but all I can say is that you have self-teach yourself a lot but honestly it is not too bad and one thing I do like about NYU is that the classes are podcasted so you can just stay home and watch lectures if you want. There is always going to be good and bad aspects w/ any dental school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard very good things about the clinical program at NYU. One of my GPR co-residents was part of the esthetics honors program there.

My interviewer really “sold” me on NYU. I guess you could say that that’s kind of their job, but I’ve heard from other students that some NYU interviewers actually tried to talk them out of it during their interview. Anyway, I think their clinical education and the experiences you’ll get in the city will be like no other.

do they tend to accept more in state students vs out of state students?