-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
General Admissions & OTCAS NYU & Columbia 2018
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I was denied from a Columbia this morning 3/1 and waitlisted at NYU 2/22
Did you apply to any other programs? Keep the faith!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes I did. I have an interview for WCU this month. I was just rejected from USC. I’m still waiting to hear back from Stanbridge and Midwestern! So I’m hoping and praying to just get in somewhere!Did you apply to any other programs? Keep the faith!
Yes I did. I have an interview for WCU this month. I was just rejected from USC. I’m still waiting to hear back from Stanbridge and Midwestern! So I’m hoping and praying to just get in somewhere!
Nice! Keep the faith! And best of luck! 🙂
FutureOT07353
New Member
Hi guys, I've decided to attend Columbia University! I plan on denying my acceptance to NYU soon, so for those on the waitlist there, hopefully you'll be that lucky person to move up!
For those in Columbia though, is there an online platform to pay the nonrefundable tuition deposit? All i have is the acceptance letter with a bunch of documents and an enrollment form link. I completed the enrollment form, and I expected further instructions on how to go about paying the nonrefundable deposit, but I guess there's no online platform? Do we have to send a check addressed to Columbia to the address provided on the acceptance letter?
For those in Columbia though, is there an online platform to pay the nonrefundable tuition deposit? All i have is the acceptance letter with a bunch of documents and an enrollment form link. I completed the enrollment form, and I expected further instructions on how to go about paying the nonrefundable deposit, but I guess there's no online platform? Do we have to send a check addressed to Columbia to the address provided on the acceptance letter?
Hi guys, I've decided to attend Columbia University! I plan on denying my acceptance to NYU soon, so for those on the waitlist there, hopefully you'll be that lucky person to move up!
For those in Columbia though, is there an online platform to pay the nonrefundable tuition deposit? All i have is the acceptance letter with a bunch of documents and an enrollment form link. I completed the enrollment form, and I expected further instructions on how to go about paying the nonrefundable deposit, but I guess there's no online platform? Do we have to send a check addressed to Columbia to the address provided on the acceptance letter?
It seems as if we have to send a physical check in. hope that helps!
Hi guys, I've decided to attend Columbia University! I plan on denying my acceptance to NYU soon, so for those on the waitlist there, hopefully you'll be that lucky person to move up!
For those in Columbia though, is there an online platform to pay the nonrefundable tuition deposit? All i have is the acceptance letter with a bunch of documents and an enrollment form link. I completed the enrollment form, and I expected further instructions on how to go about paying the nonrefundable deposit, but I guess there's no online platform? Do we have to send a check addressed to Columbia to the address provided on the acceptance letter?
Yes, you need to send a physical check to the address provided 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! Does anyone know, perhaps from past students, if NYU offers decent scholarships (merit/need-based, etc)? I've been in contact with the financial aid and admissions departments, and they've told me that we can expect to receive our loans/scholarship package sometime around the end of March. However, they mentioned (and I might've seen from somewhere on these threads) that scholarships may be limited.
Really reallyyy hoping to be able to attend NYU, but with the cost of attendance for the two-tiered program, I'm a bit concerned :/
Really reallyyy hoping to be able to attend NYU, but with the cost of attendance for the two-tiered program, I'm a bit concerned :/
RUfutureOT19
Full Member
Just got into columbia today and will be attending! (and rejected from Kean)
Hi! Does anyone know, perhaps from past students, if NYU offers decent scholarships (merit/need-based, etc)? I've been in contact with the financial aid and admissions departments, and they've told me that we can expect to receive our loans/scholarship package sometime around the end of March. However, they mentioned (and I might've seen from somewhere on these threads) that scholarships may be limited.
Really reallyyy hoping to be able to attend NYU, but with the cost of attendance for the two-tiered program, I'm a bit concerned :/
Hey there! Maybe you can look into the NYC DOE scholarship program 🙂
Found out I got into Columbia this morning!!!! I'm not 101% sure i'll be attending as I have to sort some things out in my personal life but I'm super excited at the possibility that I'll be attending CU this fall!!! 🙂
Congratulations! I’m a current student at CU! Let me know if you have any questions! 🙂
Just got into columbia today and will be attending! (and rejected from Kean)
Awesome! Congratulations! I’m a current student at CU! Let me know if you have any questions! See you in the Fall! 🙂
RUfutureOT19
Full Member
Hi! Just curious, how many students (M/F) are in your class?Awesome! Congratulations! I’m a current student at CU! Let me know if you have any questions! See you in the Fall! 🙂
Hi! Just curious, how many students (M/F) are in your class?
Hey! Everyone in our cohort of 56 has the same schedule and takes the same classes everyday. However, during the second semester, we get split into 2 groups for 2 of our classes. Hope that helps! 🙂
Hi! Just curious, how many students (M/F) are in your class?
M/F ratio in my cohort = 5:51
The year above us only has 2 male students in their class
OTgirl4100
New Member
Is there anyone still waiting to hear back from Columbia? I’ve left so many messages but I haven’t gotten any response yet [emoji20]
FutureOT702
Full Member
I also haven’t heard!! It’s so hard waiting good luck to you!Is there anyone still waiting to hear back from Columbia? I’ve left so many messages but I haven’t gotten any response yet [emoji20]
OTgirl4100
New Member
I also haven’t heard!! It’s so hard waiting good luck to you!
I just got accepted!! I hope you hear the good news soon!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations! Just wondering for Columbia, did they email you that you got off the waitlist and did you know your position the waitlist? Also what school will you be attending!
Thank you! I received an email directly from the OT admissions department about the decision and an official acceptance letter on the application portal, but I have no idea what my spot on the waitlist was. I will be attending SUNY Downstate!

No, they did not. I don't think anyone received confirmation thoughI haven't :/ did they send you any kind of confirmation after you submitted your intent for the waitlist?
Just got into NYU after being on the waitlist since feb 22! omg these things do happen, I had no clue they'd accept me! I've been having such a hard time picking between the two other schools I've been accepted to (NYIT and Touro, both of which are too far from me) but NYU is so much closer, and it basically has all I needed from a grad prog. I'm also waitlisted at Columbia at this moment but who even knows what'll happen from here lol. Can't wait!
I was also waitlisted since feb 22. Did you reach out to anyone specific on the admissions committee or did you leave your application as is? I am toying with the idea of reaching out I just don't want it to be annoying to the committeeJust got into NYU after being on the waitlist since feb 22! omg these things do happen, I had no clue they'd accept me! I've been having such a hard time picking between the two other schools I've been accepted to (NYIT and Touro, both of which are too far from me) but NYU is so much closer, and it basically has all I needed from a grad prog. I'm also waitlisted at Columbia at this moment but who even knows what'll happen from here lol. Can't wait!
I was also waitlisted since feb 22. Did you reach out to anyone specific on the admissions committee or did you leave your application as is? I am toying with the idea of reaching out I just don't want it to be annoying to the committee
I was thinking of writing a letter of intent, but I had no idea who to send it to if I wanted to. Plus there's also the line in the wait-list response form that said "If you have been wait listed there is nothing additional you need to submit to improve your application". But I'm sure it can't hurt to try. I just don't know who to send it to...maybe Ginelle John from the department?
D
deleted967957
I've been waiting for one to appear on Facebook 🙂 I'll be going to nyu this fall!!Hi! This might be early to ask, but does anyone know if there's a Facebook group for the incoming Fall '19 NYU cohort? Or if this is something that's typically created later in the summer? Thanks!
Wow, congrats on your acceptance! I am waitlisted for NYU too and I am really trying to get into it.. Do you mind share your stat? Thank you!I was thinking of writing a letter of intent, but I had no idea who to send it to if I wanted to. Plus there's also the line in the wait-list response form that said "If you have been wait listed there is nothing additional you need to submit to improve your application". But I'm sure it can't hurt to try. I just don't know who to send it to...maybe Ginelle John from the department?
Hey, if you dont mind sharing, what were your stats?I just got an email from Columbia- was rejected. goodluck to all!
Wow, congrats on your acceptance! I am waitlisted for NYU too and I am really trying to get into it.. Do you mind share your stat? Thank you!
Thank you! I attended Brooklyn College, 3.84 GPA, and I have a BS in Health and Nutrition Sciences with a concentration of Health Science. I observed in an SNF for around 20 hours, acute rehab in a hospital setting for 100 hours, peds rehab for about 90 hours, and hand therapy clinic for around 67 hours at one facility. My hours were documented as volunteer hours with the hospital, and I had each therapist I observed under confirm and sign the hours I spent with them. I had two rec letters: one from my A&P prof, and one from the OT I observed in the acute rehab facility.
Hi! I can't believed that we went to the same college and same major! I believed we might met each other before. Did you interviewed at NYIT on a wednesday, the 12th?Thank you! I attended Brooklyn College, 3.84 GPA, and I have a BS in Health and Nutrition Sciences with a concentration of Health Science. I observed in an SNF for around 20 hours, acute rehab in a hospital setting for 100 hours, peds rehab for about 90 hours, and hand therapy clinic for around 67 hours at one facility. My hours were documented as volunteer hours with the hospital, and I had each therapist I observed under confirm and sign the hours I spent with them. I had two rec letters: one from my A&P prof, and one from the OT I observed in the acute rehab facility.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I can't believed that we went to the same college and same major! I believed we might met each other before. Did you interviewed at NYIT on a wednesday, the 12th?
Yep thats me you caught me lol.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 321
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 616
- Replies
- 24
- Views
- 7K