nyu interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
NYU is closed today

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys...

NYU holds 2 interviews every week right,a tues and a thurs.the possible dates for rest of feb are 24 th and 26 feb .BUTTT we haven't seen people posting any Iv on those dates........

Whats happening..Its like a total standstill,no movement.i am so very freakin out....

Good luck to all fellow people who are waiting too................

PLEASE PLEASE post if u anyone has recieved any interview call.

Hey Guys...

NYU holds 2 interviews every week right,a tues and a thurs.the possible dates for rest of feb are 24 th and 26 feb .BUTTT we haven't seen people posting any Iv on those dates........

Whats happening..Its like a total standstill,no movement.i am so very freakin out....

Good luck to all fellow people who are waiting too................

PLEASE PLEASE post if u anyone has recieved any interview call.

I agree with u....things seem to have freezed amd no one seems to be coming up with their experience or i/v call leaving all of us waiting here absolutely clueless....specially ppl like me with not so great stats....:(:scared:

I agree with u....things seem to have freezed amd no one seems to be coming up with their experience or i/v call leaving all of us waiting here absolutely clueless....specially ppl like me with not so great stats....:(:scared:

there are 125 seats in NYU
do they fill all seats wd foreign graduates or only some %ge of seats???:xf:

i got an interview invite call today for tomorrow.
good luck to all who is waiting.

Congrats for the i/v call...thats pretty quick...i mean do you have all the arrangements done at such a short notice.....do you live in new york or somewhere around?

hi umska

can you share your state

they given any choice other then tomorrow

they inform by phone or by email ?

I am living in NJ,didnt decide yet to go by train at the morning or go and stay at a hotel at night.I am afraid of wrinkles on my suit :).my stats are 90/104/2.7.My gpa is low for many but i was in top 10% in my school,we usually got only passing scores in our examinations.i had a private office for 6 years before i came to US.
i was pretty surprised at the call,asked if any other date is available,unfortunately i was told it would be best if got there tomorrow.I got an invite by phone than confirmation by mail.

I am living in NJ,didnt decide yet to go by train at the morning or go and stay at a hotel at night.I am afraid of wrinkles on my suit :).my stats are 90/104/2.7.My gpa is low for many but i was in top 10% in my school,we usually got only passing scores in our examinations.i had a private office for 6 years before i came to US.
i was pretty surprised at the call,asked if any other date is available,unfortunately i was told it would be best if got there tomorrow.I got an invite by phone than confirmation by mail.
all the best umska

as I heard from so many student that don't need to prepare much for interview so

dot worry just relax

thanks for sharing your stats with us and all the best for the i/v.......do share your further experience also...:thumbup:

Good luck!!!:luck: & thanks for sharing your stats with everyone...just make sure you have an ans for your gpa...they will ask you about it. All the best :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,

it looks like everyone who applied very early is getting interview calls. Does anyone know of applicants who applied in January getting calls? I am wondering if it is too late for late applicants this year?

Also, i have heard that NYU is not conducting any further interviews until they send out the first round of acceptance letters. Based on the number of seats available after the acceptance letters have been responded to, they will interview further.

I am not sure how many people have been interviewed so far at NYU and how many will be accepting at NYU (because they didn't get into BU). Does anyone have any ideas?

Hey Guys,

I called NYU today.well right now they are reviewing the applications which came in January.

Regarding the interviews,till nowthey haven't scheduled anyone for month of march,but definitely plan to hold interviews from march.

Good luck guys..we all need to pray and be patient..:xf::thumbup:

Hey Guys,

I called NYU today.well right now they are reviewing the applications which came in January.

Regarding the interviews,till nowthey haven't scheduled anyone for month of march,but definitely plan to hold interviews from march.

Good luck guys..we all need to pray and be patient..:xf::thumbup:

So u mean are they already done with calling the people who ha submitted their applications early like in sep/oct?

So u mean are they already done with calling the people who ha submitted their applications early like in sep/oct?

hey dream dr,

sorry for setting you up in worries but i had applied in Jan,so they told me that my application is being reviewed..last time i called them,they told me that they review the applications in the order in which they come.i think they are almost done with reviewing..............BUT BUT.they haven't called anyone lately......so we need to wait .................dnt worry ..............and good luck:thumbup:

hey dream dr,

sorry for setting you up in worries but i had applied in Jan,so they told me that my application is being reviewed..last time i called them,they told me that they review the applications in the order in which they come.i think they are almost done with reviewing..............BUT BUT.they haven't called anyone lately......so we need to wait .................dnt worry ..............and good luck:thumbup:

thanks for making it clear.....but did they give you all this info on phone?I called them up after rading your post and the lady told me that they cannot disclose anything except that whether the application is complete or not:confused:....anyways i have no hopes left now to be evr called for i/v...

today i call NYUCD admissions, the guy told me tat next week they vl start calling applicants whose applications were completed in january...hope this vl relax some nerves:xf:

today i call NYUCD admissions, the guy told me tat next week they vl start calling applicants whose applications were completed in january...hope this vl relax some nerves:xf:

oh boy.That was truly relaxing...thanks a ton for putting that info aligners....We really need to put our fingers tightly crossed now.:xf::xf::xf:

Good luck guys!!:thumbup:

thanks for making it clear.....but did they give you all this info on phone?I called them up after rading your post and the lady told me that they cannot disclose anything except that whether the application is complete or not:confused:....anyways i have no hopes left now to be evr called for i/v...

hey dream dr..

when i called today.there was this gentleman who gave me this information.hope it helps....good luck

it depends upon who recieved ur call, some ppl r very straight forward and just answer to the point, donot disclose more, and some answers all ur queries....i think u encountered the former on the phone....

hey guys!

I have applied to nyu during the end of jan, do u guys think I stand a chance with these kind of stats

part 1 87

gpa 3.2

toefl 114

u.s exp 2 yrs

also I am worried because the check that I sent for application fee has not been cashed yet but they said my application is complete ...did it happen to any of u guys before?.....plz. reply..

Hi,
Thanx a lot.. ur msg freed my tension a lot.. I too applied in jan & waiting for ...
so we can wait till march..

Hi all,

I didn`t mean to scare anyone...what I was saying was that the reason that NYU is not interviewing now is because they are waiting for the Boston seats to get filled. It doesn`t make sense for both schools to send out acceptance letters at the same time. NYU will definitely interview again once they know how many strong applicants have already been accepted to BU.

That being said, I also called NYU today and confirmed that they do have rolling admissions and they have frozen interviews until March. I also applied in January and they confirmed that they will be calling strong applicants from January but they will not be calling as many applicants for interviews as they did in Jan-Feb because they will have already sent the acceptance letters out to the applicants already interviewed.

For anyone who applied before Jan and hasn`t gotten a call, don`t stress out. Keep your fingers crossed. :):xf:

Hi all,

I didn`t mean to scare anyone...what I was saying was that the reason that NYU is not interviewing now is because they are waiting for the Boston seats to get filled. It doesn`t make sense for both schools to send out acceptance letters at the same time. NYU will definitely interview again once they know how many strong applicants have already been accepted to BU.

That being said, I also called NYU today and confirmed that they do have rolling admissions and they have frozen interviews until March. I also applied in January and they confirmed that they will be calling strong applicants from January but they will not be calling as many applicants for interviews as they did in Jan-Feb because they will have already sent the acceptance letters out to the applicants already interviewed.

For anyone who applied before Jan and hasn`t gotten a call, don`t stress out. Keep your fingers crossed. :):xf:
hiii pooja, thanks for all da info...can u share ur stats wid us...:thumbup:

hey guys!

I have applied to nyu during the end of jan, do u guys think I stand a chance with these kind of stats

part 1 87

gpa 3.2

toefl 114

u.s exp 2 yrs

also I am worried because the check that I sent for application fee has not been cashed yet but they said my application is complete ...did it happen to any of u guys before?.....plz. reply..[/quo
if they have confirmed u tat ur application is complete, tats fine u have to trust them, its their headache to cash ur check....if u r worried tat there may be something wrong wid the check then they vl be the first one to contact u...:thumbup:

hi guys..
my stats are 83/105/3.47..
6 mnths of experience as a dent assistant in usa..
i applied in nov to nyu..
wat are my chances..

HI ........
My fight continues ..... I recieved an interview cancellation call from NYU .......
Guess, they had send an email to me earlier, which i never recieved and after waiting for me 2 call 2 confirm an interview date, they thought i am not interested in joining .... so now they have cancelled my application :(

What do i do now ????? I have send an email telling them about the problem .... What are d chances that they'll reconsider my application and give me another interview appointment ????? Really disappointed ....... Any advice .... Pls help

it depends upon who recieved ur call, some ppl r very straight forward and just answer to the point, donot disclose more, and some answers all ur queries....i think u encountered the former on the phone....

probably thats what happened:confused:

HI ........
My fight continues ..... I recieved an interview cancellation call from NYU .......
Guess, they had send an email to me earlier, which i never recieved and after waiting for me 2 call 2 confirm an interview date, they thought i am not interested in joining .... so now they have cancelled my application :(

What do i do now ????? I have send an email telling them about the problem .... What are d chances that they'll reconsider my application and give me another interview appointment ????? Really disappointed ....... Any advice .... Pls help
its very sad to hear tat....but its not ur fault, u cant help it, my suggestion to u is dont email and all, talk to the admission committee direct and explain them ur problem....i think uvl be fine....:thumbup:

HI ........

It's very sad

I think you should go persanaly over there

I heard that if you go persanaly to any university they are responding well

so go persanaly over there

Hey guys, I have an interview at feb 24th, I applied late in jan then I recieved a mail in early feb saying my application is complete and today I got an email for the interview invitation, hope this helps and good luck to all :)

Hey guys, I have an interview at feb 24th, I applied late in jan then I recieved a mail in early feb saying my application is complete and today I got an email for the interview invitation, hope this helps and good luck to all :)
can you share your state please

sure my states NBDE part I/II 87/78 , toefl 105 , gpa 3.57

thanks a lot AMTM and good luck for your interview.

SO it means they have already started calling the applicants who had applied in January.I AM SO SCAREDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD..............:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

GOOD LUCK GUYS.......

thanks a lot AMTM and good luck for your interview.

SO it means they have already started calling the applicants who had applied in January.I AM SO SCAREDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD..............:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

GOOD LUCK GUYS.......

Thanks for the wishes and same too u , dont worry I hope u will get a call soon and the fact that they called me today and Iam having interview next tue(feb 24th) tells u that they still have alot of places open (the lady on the phone told me to choose starting from tue feb 24th upto 3 weeks every tue and thr they were all open , and just to calm u down it was only 3 weeks ahead cause u have to choose a date 3 weeks maximum from ur invitation date) so I hope this helps and keep ur finger crossed :)

Hey guys a got an interview call today from NYU.. I still have to get an interview date. I had applied on Jan but my application was not complete until Feb 8th and i had lost hope.. My toefl score came a bit late. I still cant believe they called me... So dont loose hopes guys they must me sending interview calls to many more..

My stat is 3.0, 85 , 109

Good luck everybody..

Hey guys a got an interview call today from NYU.. I still have to get an interview date. I had applied on Jan but my application was not complete until Feb 8th and i had lost hope.. My toefl score came a bit late. I still cant believe they called me... So dont loose hopes guys they must me sending interview calls to many more..

My stat is 3.0, 85 , 109

Good luck everybody..

hey manila........

Can u please share with us if u have any experience or any master's degree..thanks in advance and good lucK!!...................CONGRATS rather...................
and for ALL OF US WAITING...good luck guys................................:xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:and i am sure ASHU75 ,u will soon come out of the problem.i am sure NYU Admissions will understand..good luck to you too....

hey manila........

Can u please share with us if u have any experience or any master's degree..thanks in advance and good lucK!!...................CONGRATS rather...................
and for ALL OF US WAITING...good luck guys................................:xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:and i am sure ASHU75 ,u will soon come out of the problem.i am sure NYU Admissions will understand..good luck to you too....
hii rpd, manila, atmt.....r u guys from india or some other place, and where r u staying rite now...just want to clear my doubt, as i havent heard anyone stating in india got a call this year from nyu as per my knowledge...thanks in advance

hii rpd, manila, atmt.....r u guys from india or some other place, and where r u staying rite now...just want to clear my doubt, as i havent heard anyone stating in india got a call this year from nyu as per my knowledge...thanks in advance

hey aligners,

i am a ftd from india but i am presently living in US.but i don't think so that will have any affect on applicant's chance of getting a call.you have good scores which is one of most important things,i am sure you will be fine.We have to just sit back tight and wait for the call.Don't worry ...and good luck :thumbup:and yeah don't forget to post when you get your call:):):):):)

i had an interview 2 days ago in NYU,any1 except me was indian.

i had an interview 2 days ago in NYU,any1 except me was indian.
hw many students were there for the interview in ur batch, and wat was there score ranges......thanks in advance

hw many students were there for the interview in ur batch, and wat was there score ranges......thanks in advance
not sure 10 or 12,didnt ask them their scores.

Hey guys
I dont think it has anything to do with the nationality.. I am from Nepal... Regarding any other degress that i have , no i just have a DMD but have an experience of 5 yrs back home.

Good Luck...:xf:

Hey guys
I dont think it has anything to do with the nationality.. I am from Nepal... Regarding any other degress that i have , no i just have a DMD but have an experience of 5 yrs back home.

Good Luck...:xf:
hi ,manila congrats for the interview invitation and good luck. can you tell me how did they invite you for interview?i mean was it by phone , postal mail or email???

I received an email ....

goodluck to everybody who is waiting for a call.... Keep your spirit high... You never know...

In my batch there were 11 people-
2 had 86, 5 had 87, 1 had 88, 3 had 90+......and out of those 3 had BU calls coming up.