nyu interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi all;

I just received an interview call from NYU. I was just wondering if you guys can guide me regarding the correct attire for the same. It's my first one so I just don't have any idea.
Also any other suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Thanking in advance.

My stats are
NBDE I - 85
ECE GPA - 4.0
TOEFL - 109
congrats for the call, when was ur application completed.....r u a greencard holder or on visa..

Members don't see this ad.

hey friends,,
my stats 86/99/3.5.......applied late jan,no call .:mad::mad:......really worried...
do i stand a chancee......plz give suggestions........

hey friends,,
my stats 86/99/3.5.......applied late jan,no call .:mad::mad:......really worried...
do i stand a chancee......plz give suggestions........

Hey, congrats to everyone who recently got i/v calls. Good luck to all of you! I really really am praying for a miracle right now for myself... But, I'm so happy for all of you cause I know how you all felt until the magical call came... Aha! Aha! God Help Me, don't lose hope. Your stats are good enough to get a call too.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats for the call, when was ur application completed.....r u a greencard holder or on visa..

Thanks,
I am on a visa. Applied to NYU just before the deadline (January 27). Please guide me as to what is the suggested attire for the interview.

Thanks,
I am on a visa. Applied to NYU just before the deadline (January 27). Please guide me as to what is the suggested attire for the interview.
hiii anmol, i think u should check out dentico123's thread, he/she has covered all da possible questions one can be asked in the interview....hope this vl help u...all da best:thumbup:

hey guys... i applied in a d first week of January and received an application complete mail by post on 5th of February...
my stats... 88/3.53/104... 8 mnths of work exp back home....
what do u think r my chances....

i went thru the thread... i guess it might be in the forthcoming week or never...
only being patient is what we can do now....
all d best guys....:thumbup::xf:

anyone with an acceptance today... please post soon...

anyways, did u guys checkout the "NYU loan changes" thread....

called NYUCD today, guy on the phone told me tat they vl be holding the interviews till end of spring....

Last edited:
hi aligners,
holding means will conduct or not.....sorry,i could not make out.....thanx and all the best......

Members don't see this ad :)
called NYUCD today, guy on the phone told me tat they vl be holding the interviews till end of spring....
hey aligner

what you are talking about ?

holding means ????? they are not conducting interview right now ?

hey aligner

oh yes took me some time to figure that out:confused::eek:.....but why have they put the i/v on hold ?:rolleyes:

hey aligner

tats wat the guy on the phone told me.....may be they want to assess hw many applicants vl pay the deposit of 5000$ and r really interested in joining the school....so tat accordingly they vl call candidates for the remaining seats....
nothing is authentic, its all my guess work......

tats wat the guy on the phone told me.....may be they want to assess hw many applicants vl pay the deposit of 5000$ and r really interested in joining the school....so tat accordingly they vl call candidates for the remaining seats....
nothing is authentic, its all my guess work......
aligner

I also agree with you

because now in economic crisis situation its very hard to get cosigner for loan

so so many student will not accept 3 year and expensive program

aligner

I also agree with you

because now in economic crisis situation its very hard to get cosigner for loan

so so many student will not accept 3 year and expensive program

ya but can someone explain me that the fafsa deadline was 1st mar ...so what about the others who get accepted later on....that means they will not be able to avail it?:confused:

ya but can someone explain me that the fafsa deadline was 1st mar ...so what about the others who get accepted later on....that means they will not be able to avail it?:confused:

You can fill FAFSA now (and if you haven't done it yet, I would suggest not to wait). On your FAFSA application you can input all schools that you applied (even if you haven't received interview invitation or/and acceptance). After you get accepted to school its financial aid office will already have your information and amount of loans you eligible to receive from federal government.

I received i/v invitation but I didnt schedule yet.My status are 89/3.39/93(nbde/gpa/toefel)
do u guys recommend a hotel?

Marcel at gramercy located on 201 East 24th Street is just a block away from the dental school and nice place to stay.

I stayed at this hotel when i visited NYU for my interview .

I received i/v invitation but I didnt schedule yet.My status are 89/3.39/93(nbde/gpa/toefel)
do u guys recommend a hotel?

I just called nyu today & they told me that they will be conducting interviews till the end of april

Marcel at gramercy located on 201 East 24th Street is just a block away from the dental school and nice place to stay.

I stayed at this hotel when i visited NYU for my interview .
Thanks aspiredent

Thanks aspiredent
hiii mambinoo congrats for the call.....when did u applied at nyu...when did u got the call and wat all dates they told u to decide from for the i/v?? thanks in advance

Scheduled my interview for march 3rd.My stats 86/102/3.14
Dont loose hope most of us would hopefully meet in nyu

hi
how was your interview? best of luck to you

hiii mambinoo congrats for the call.....when did u applied at nyu...when did u got the call and wat all dates they told u to decide from for the i/v?? thanks in advance
I applied in the 1st week of Jan, got the email last friday, I had to schedule any tuesday or thursday in the next 2 weeks

that means there will be no interviews after 2 weeeks

or they are waiting to see how many people give deposit of 5000 rs by 6 march

Any females for March 10 Iv intrested in sharing accomodation?

hi infodent....
can you please share your status...
thanks

Hi guys.... well i m here to share my interview experience at NYUCD.... My interview was on 3rd of March.... I had applied in the 2nd week of December and my application got completed somewhere in the middle of January...... My stats are 2.72/84/110 ( GPA/NBDE I/TOEFL)...... I got an interview call on the the 24th of February and i scheduled it on the 3rd of March......

There were 14 students who had came for the interview and i think there were 5 interviewers...... I was called in by the Prof of NYU... .... and the interview went smoothly...... First he told me that he hasnt seen my profile and will began with a general talk.... he will see my profile later on.... so he started with..

Q 1) Tell me about urself

Q 2) Why did u apply in NYU?

Q 3) Why did u come to USA for further Education?

Q 4) Did u do any observership?

Q 5) What are u doing currently?

Q 6) Since how long have u been in USA?

Q 7) Will u quit MPA if u get admission in D.D.S?

Q 8) Then he asked me, that do i have any questions for him?

Q 9) Then he told me that do i want to say anything that I would like them to know ?

That was it.

After the interview we were taken for a tour of the school and lunch and we were left after that.

I hope this information is helpful for the ones who have interviews coming up and for the ones who are waiting for a call........ I wish u all, ALL THE BEST!!!!!

Hi guys.... well i m here to share my interview experience at NYUCD.... My interview was on 3rd of March.... I had applied in the 2nd week of December and my application got completed somewhere in the middle of January...... My stats are 2.72/84/110 ( GPA/NBDE I/TOEFL)...... I got an interview call on the the 24th of February and i scheduled it on the 3rd of March......

There were 14 students who had came for the interview and i think there were 5 interviewers...... I was called in by the Prof of NYU... .... and the interview went smoothly...... First he told me that he hasnt seen my profile and will began with a general talk.... he will see my profile later on.... so he started with..

Q 9) Then he told me that do i want to say anything that I would like them to know ?

That was it.

After the interview we were taken for a tour of the school and lunch and we were left after that.

I hope this information is helpful for the ones who have interviews coming up and for the ones who are waiting for a call........ I wish u all, ALL THE BEST!!!!!
good luck invisiblebds

thank you for sharing your experiance

That was it.

hiii thanks for share the info.....can u plz share the scores of others, who were there wid u on the interview day....thanks in advance:thumbup:

got interview call today...................

got interview call today...................
hiii drbds congrats for the call.....when did u applied at nyu...r u on b1/b2 and wat all dates they told u to decide from for the i/v?? thanks in advance
user_offline.gif

hi friends,
i got interview call from NYUCD..I Have to schedule it in next 3 weeks....all the best for those waiting.....:):)

hiii thanks for share the info.....can u plz share the scores of others, who were there wid u on the interview day....thanks in advance:thumbup:

hi i didnt ask scores to all of them... but four of them had scores of 84, 90, 89/90(NBDE I/II), 90.

hi friends,
i got interview call from NYUCD..I Have to schedule it in next 3 weeks....all the best for those waiting.....:):)

hey congrats buddy........

SEE U MADE IT.good luck with your interview man!!!!

hey congrats buddy........

SEE U MADE IT.good luck with your interview man!!!!
hiii rpd..r u on b1/b2.....do u have any masters degree or good work experience....plz reply

i called nyu today. the guy told me that they wil be conducting interviews till end of april . good luck to all who are waiting

i called nyu today. the guy told me that they wil be conducting interviews till end of april . good luck to all who are waiting
thanks for the info pooja, r u on b1/b2.......can u share ur stats....thanks

my stats are 87/3/99.
im frm canada and i do have b1 b2 visa for us

thanks for the info..it gives hope to all who are waiting...........

That was it.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Hope you get in. All the best.

All the best

Last edited: