NYU Waitlist 2011

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I actually contacted all my friends after I got the acceptance letter.. and some hardcore searching afterwards. As I said, it was a pretty big contemplation since I did want to attend NYU, and still am sad about letting it go. hopefully it'll help someone else out!

i hope i get your spot!!:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Daughter moved from waitlist to offer 4-1-11, phone call and email

nope, nothing :(:( gaaaah! apparently there has been some movement, but they won't share how many people are on the waiting and how many got spots! aaah this wait is killing meeee

Bump

No one else has gotten off the wait list? :confused:

maybe other people have but they are just not a member on this site.

I called and was told--again--that it could be anytime from now until august.

I heard the same thing when I called in. There has been movement on the waitlist. However, does admissions call every student who is now off the waitlist to notify them or can they just send you an admissions package through the mail?

:xf:Crossing my fingers for everyone (including myself)!

They call first and then send the package. I got the call March 30.

Anyone heard back in April?

Anyone here placed on the waitlist in March?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was interviewed in september and waitlisted dec 1st....still waiting to hear back....I wonder how they are doing this...going through all the apps at once or just taking a handful...is it based on when you interviewed? How can they just randomly pick up a bunch of applications and then decide?

TeethManager,

I interviewed in March and I've been on the waitlist since mid March....still anxiously waiting.

I also interviewed in March (mid-March) and got waitlisted on March 30th. :(

I interviewed very beginning April and now waiting for their decision.
What do you think of the chances of getting waitlisted / accepted / rejected?

Last edited:
I know a few people got off last week, I was just wondering if anyone got off this week

What do they say when they call...

dr mejia calls and asks if you're still interested..then quickly offers you the spot and basically says "are u in or are you out"? she doesn't have time to futz around so be ready to tell her you can accept..and that you're capable of paying for it..moving to nyc and making sure all prereqs are done

dr mejia calls and asks if you're still interested..then quickly offers you the spot and basically says "are u in or are you out"? she doesn't have time to futz around so be ready to tell her you can accept..and that you're capable of paying for it..moving to nyc and making sure all prereqs are done

bump. anyone else off the waitlist?

I'm not asking for a probably I want a specific answer...to the people who she's called and left a message on their voicemail...what does she say...

I'm not asking for a probably I want a specific answer...to the people who she's called and left a message on their voicemail...what does she say...

she says : stop being rude when someones trying to help you out.

Sorry about that....I didn't mean to be rude :-(

you WILL KNOW when dr. mejia is trying to reach you for the waitlist movements. i honestly don't see the point why you're wondering what she would SAY in the msg. pbure already gave you an answer to that... although it's not the VOICE MSG, it'll be something similar. i've missed two of my acceptance calls from other schools and they just ask you to call back.

hi! I was interviwed on january 7 and waitlisted by feb, and have not received any notification lets be patient +pity++pity++pity++pity+

just put on waitlist.. via snail mail..
so sad.... do i even have any chance..? i'd say very slim at this pt..

I'm giving up my spot in the class today, good luck!

I'm giving up my spot in the class today, good luck!

Thanks! that gives those of us who are waiting hope!

Bump, has anyone else gotten off the waitlist recently??:confused:

I interviewed in late November, got waitlisted on December 1st and got the call from Dr. Mejia on Monday. If it's any consolation to anyone, she said she's expecting the list to move a lot more. So don't lose hope!

Was waitlisted in March and got a call last week. Really relieved and excited! Good luck everyone!

anyone else off the waitlist recently?

seems like there hasnt been a huge movement compared to previous years :(

Finally got the call this morning:))))) :D waitlisted on dec 1st.
Make sure you show ur interest.I e-mailed them couple of times:)))
Good Luck guys!!!

Hello all,

Any recent movement on the waitlist?

This is my first post, but this waitlist is killing me!

My patience getting dried out.. I called and dr.mejia just told me to be patient coz when seats become available, she will let us know. accd to her, itz already full by this time.. anyone getting off of waitlists recently?:confused:

yes please do let us know if someone is getting off the waitlist..this waiting game is so not fun

I just removed my self from the incoming class last week so someone should def be getting a call soon. Don't lose hope :)

Thanks for your update Kaypee. It really does keep the hope going :). Hopefully, there is some movement this week.

Good luck with the school that you decided to go with!

What is everyone doing who has not been admitted yet? What is the best thing to do with the year off? Im looking at some special masters programs or just shadowing and taking classes?

reapply, work.....and wait and wait......and wait....

Hello, just to let you know i have left the waitlist, I have been accepted in another dental program! Good luck!

Hey all, im all the waitlist also and can commiserate...the waiting game sucks
Does anyone know if your chances at acceptance dwindle as the summer continues on? Do they have as much movement later on as they did earlier?

Hey everyone,

I'd like to know too. Any updates recently?

Let's try to keep our hopes up :xf:

yeah, looking at last year's thread, it seems like there were a couple of acceptances at the end of the month so definitely keep the fingers crossed :xf:

I was just accepted yesterday so the waitlist is definitely in motion as people begin to pull out.

Keep your hopes up everyone. I'm gunning for you guys :)