NYU waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mvalento

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
now i know these topics get old around this time...

BUT

has anyone heard ANYTHING about NYU's waitlist? the reason i'm curious (besides wanting to go there) is that i have read hardly anything about their waitlist this year and i have not heard of anyone getting off it. this strikes me as odd because this school typically has some waitlist movement. then again, it could just be a really slow year for them. i hear that is the way it is going with some other new york schools.

bud

Members don't see this ad.

I know what you mean, it is ridiculous, I have been waiting since February and it does not seem like anyone has gotten in. Have you tried giving them a call?

About people have gotten in. They are full for now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry, about 10 people have gotten in.

10! man, that's the kind of movement i'd expect at duke, not NYU. i did call them early last month, they told me they were going to take more people in mid to late june. i guess that meant they were taking 5 or 6. i was hoping for movement like they had last year.

bud

NYU is now up to 15 and still moving. They plan on taking more

I just gave up my position so I hope that one of you gets it. Good luck!!!

Hey, jcw did you get in somewhere else? Where did you give up NYU for?

I am going to UCLA, just got off the WL last week. Where are you going, have you decided yet?

got some great news today- NYU offered me a place in their class! jcw1, i probably have you to thank for this! best of luck to everyone else-

bud

Hey now that is really cool--one guy gives up his spot and another guy on the same forum get in--I like that!!! Congrats to you both.
:)

That is great mvalentino, you will love it there, I sure did. Glad I could be of help, best of luck!!!!!

hey, jcw. That's great!! I'm still waiting on UCLA. I hope I hear from them soon. I'm packing my stuff for Wake Forest right now and it would be great to hear before I ship out to the East. Congrats again!

Lara, Call them right away and let them know that you are packing your bags!!! I called them last week and told them that I was going to withdraw on Friday and they offered me a position the next day. It can't hurt!! Hope to see you in LA next month!!!

Christiangirl-

thanks! i'm 99% certain that i'll be turning down UMich for NYU. all i'm waiting for is NYU's letter, which they sent yesterday, to make it official. i loved the school when i interviewed, plus it feels great to be moving somewhere other than the midwest (22 years of minnesota and indiana...can't take much more!).

bud

bud