Quantcast

OB GYN Rotations and Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ArmyDoc2Be123

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Has anyone recently gone through OB GYN rotations at any military hospital that could shed light on how they compare? I would also love to hear from any current resident about their thoughts on where to apply to rotate and perform a residency.

Atlas Shrugged

Family Medicine
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
There isn't a residency at EAMC, but you can rotate there. I suggest that you do not, the physicians were incompetent civilians with no desire to teach. The surgeries that they performed regularly led to complications. I can't get any more specific than that.

TAMC I have heard mixed reviews; some of my classmates enjoyed it, but others felt residents were very unprofessional.

ArmyDoc2Be123

Reaction score
Thanks. I am looking primarily at San Antonio, Madigan (WA), Tripler (HI), and Womack (NC). I would consider others if there is a wonderful spot.

pgg

Laugh at me, will they?
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If there's one thing military hospitals have high volume of, it's OB. Lots of young active duty families doing what young families do. Most of the larger military hospitals have a NICU which is the tipping point for taking or referring complicated cases. If the hospital doesn't have a NICU then I wouldn't go there for an OB rotation as a student.

Reactions: 1 user