Oblc 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone gotten their AKO email account to work? I try logging into my email, and it just redirects me to the same login screen? Tried looking for solutions, and asking for help but nothing yet. Does anyone have any ideas, or has anyone run into the same problem?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone gotten their AKO email account to work? I try logging into my email, and it just redirects me to the same login screen? Tried looking for solutions, and asking for help but nothing yet. Does anyone have any ideas, or has anyone run into the same problem?

Yeah, logging into AKO is like seeing a leperchaun. I can never get it to work. I did figure out that you can log directly into Webmail and it works every time. Then you can click on the AKO logo and it will let you in the back door into your AKO account. However, you'll only get about 5 minutes to do whatever you need to do before it freezes up.

I freaking hate AKO.

Here is a link to the Webmail login. It looks the same, but will go right into your mail account.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea I can't even get in through the back door webmail. Been plaguing me for months, must have re-made my account 4x but this time im sure I have everything all good. Is it just that im trying from my home PC or something?

It seems the army still emails me through my regular email anyway, but it'd be nice to be able to see the AKO emails if they are important.

Yea I can't even get in through the back door webmail. Been plaguing me for months, must have re-made my account 4x but this time im sure I have everything all good. Is it just that im trying from my home PC or something?

It seems the army still emails me through my regular email anyway, but it'd be nice to be able to see the AKO emails if they are important.

I don't think I was actually able to log-in til I was at BOLC. I kept getting redirected to the log-in page

New question about plane tickets:

I think I got everything squared-away with Carlson Wagonlit. Faxed my orders and everything, etc. Will I just receive an eticket in my email at some point? How long after faxing orders did you guys receive your tickets? My classmates and I did this last Friday.

Thanks.

New question about plane tickets:

I think I got everything squared-away with Carlson Wagonlit. Faxed my orders and everything, etc. Will I just receive an eticket in my email at some point? How long after faxing orders did you guys receive your tickets? My classmates and I did this last Friday.

Thanks.

the representative told me u will get an eticket 4 days before departure

Thanks.

That's cutting it close, given how often all this army paperwork stuff seems to go awry. I sure hope the appropriate people received my fax!

fa sho fa sho

i chose to email a copy of my orders to her and she quickly confirmed her receiving them with a brief "Thanks."

huh huh
i dont like fax machines. ALL KINDS.

Assuming your are using Internet Explorer...Check to see if you have the SSL or TSL 1.0 checked under the "Advanced" tab of the "Internet options".

Good luck

Assuming your are using Internet Explorer...Check to see if you have the SSL or TSL 1.0 checked under the "Advanced" tab of the "Internet options".

Good luck

Thanks for the advice, but still no luck :( . I'll keep going through the motions but any further suggestions for the AKO email would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the advice, but still no luck :( . I'll keep going through the motions but any further suggestions for the AKO email would be appreciated.

have u tried different browsers (ff, ie, chrome, opera)

ako was acting up for me with FF4 and worked when i used IE9

I had a lot of trouble getting into AKO as well. After several different attempts I called the AKO help desk. The number is on the website. PM me if you can't find it.

The answer to my problem was that I need a security certificate which can be downloaded from www.militarycac.com

I was also encouraged to use internet explorer.

I hope this works! If it doesn't, call the help desk.

-Best Wishes,

LT Peaches.

FYI
the arthur guy (I'm guessing what he says is legit, he works in the hpsp office and answers all the questions on the forum) said that he just confirmed that graduation is on the 25th

Logging into AKO is tedious and doesn't seem to work for me when using my school's network.

This has already been mentioned, but what I've done is link the AKO address to my iphone, ipad, imac (and whatever i-product I haven't mentioned) which prevents me from having to log into AKO every time.

Graduation is on the 25th?

I've been hearing the 26th
i called down there and asked about travel and they said that travel anytime on the 26th was ok (and that some were even leaving the 25th during the evening). that along with someone who works in the system saying its been confirmed for the 25th makes me believe its on the 25th

Has anyone heard about what the weekend before July 4 will be? The 4th is on a Monday and I'm wondering if we will get that day and the weekend before off.

Slight hijack

While we are at OBLC are we covered under TriCare? To put it another way, can we use the docs office/hospital on base while we are there or if we get sick or need something are we SOL?

Bleeker or anyone else who has gone to OBLC, should I get a camelbak before I head down there for use in the field? And what color does it need it to be

Slight hijack

While we are at OBLC are we covered under TriCare? To put it another way, can we use the docs office/hospital on base while we are there or if we get sick or need something are we SOL?

Yes whenever you are on active duty (even your 45 days each year) you are covered under tricare.

Bleeker or anyone else who has gone to OBLC, should I get a camelbak before I head down there for use in the field? And what color does it need it to be

I would recommend getting one before you get there...ALOT of people bought one when they got there and they were sold out for a good chunk of the first couple weeks. If you buy one it has to be ACU digital OR Black. If it is the camelbak brand then you dont need to take off the label, but if it is an off brand then the label has to come off. Also, most of us used the camelbak from day 1. It is damn hot down there and your housing is a mile way from the schoolhouse so you will be walking alot and thus sweating alot. Also NEVER put sugar or gatorade in your camelbak u get mold FAST. The clothing store has camelbak electrolyte tabs that are flavored that you can buy and put in your camelbak that doesnt promote mold growth.

Last edited:
i used mine for the first time yesterday. water tastes nasty but havent ever been more hydrated in the past 2 yrs

Has anyone heard about what the weekend before July 4 will be? The 4th is on a Monday and I'm wondering if we will get that day and the weekend before off.

The 4th was on a Sunday so we got half of the Friday before, all day Sat and the Monday off for the 4th. You can pretty much go anywhere but you have to be approved for leave. That was actually a huge issue in my class and caused a lot of headaches for our class advisor. We could go to Austin without filling out a travel form but we just needed to let them know.

I just ordered one from REI for 86. Holds 100oz called the CamelBak M.U.L.E. NV Hydration Pack from REI.

Just a suggestion to all those who want to get one before you head down

I just ordered one from REI for 86. Holds 100oz called the CamelBak M.U.L.E. NV Hydration Pack from REI.

Just a suggestion to all those who want to get one before you head down

I just looked on there...i didnt see one that was acu digital or all black...if it is not black or acu digital u CANNOT use it in uniform. Hope u got one of those colors.

I'm assuming http://www.rei.com/product/811582/camelbak-mule-nv-hydration-pack-100-fl-ozthis is ok.
_____
Sent via electrons from an Apple De

It is all black...i just dont know about the white lines on it. I dont see it being a problem but you could have a high speed nut there that would try and call you out on it. If that is the case just get some black tape and cover up the lines. If you already ordered it and cant cancel I wouldnt worry about it, but if you have a choice I would go with the one on amazon.

Worst case is u have to get some black tape. We actually had a handful of people that got colored ones and covered their entire pack in black tape...looked horrible but it was in regs LOL

Last edited:
It is all black...i just dont know about the white lines on it. I dont see it being a problem but you could have a high speed nut there that would try and call you out on it. If that is the case just get some black tape and cover up the lines. If you already ordered it and cant cancel I wouldnt worry about it, but if you have a choice I would go with the one on amazon.
+1

I ordered the acu 100 oz. camel back from amazon and it is perfect. does just what it needs to and its within regulation of what they say, and it was only like 68 bucks with free 2-day shipping (assuming you have student amazon prime, which you definitely should if you dont)

+1

I ordered the acu 100 oz. camelbak from amazon and it is perfect. does just what it needs to and its within regulation of what they say, and it was only like 68 bucks with free 2-day shipping (assuming you have student amazon prime, which you definitely should if you dont)

http://www.uscav.com/productinfo.aspx?productID=16403&TabID=548

I purchased this one and really like it. Its not the first camelbak I've owned, but this one seems to be made to last. Its got a spot for nametapes, so that you can keep track of your own pack. I also like that it fills easily--you don't have to unpack or remove the bladder to fill it. All the straps can be adjusted and moved about. Highly recommend.

http://www.uscav.com/productinfo.aspx?productID=16403&TabID=548

I purchased this one and really like it. Its not the first camelbak I've owned, but this one seems to be made to last. Its got a spot for nametapes, so that you can keep track of your own pack. I also like that it fills easily--you don't have to unpack or remove the bladder to fill it. All the straps can be adjusted and moved about. Highly recommend.
thats the exact one I was talking about:thumbup: haha....you typed out all the stuff i was too lazy to type. thanks:laugh:

Having a spot for the name tape is important because everybody has similar looking Camelbacks and when you are doing PT and have to drop your stuff to run, it makes it easier to find later. I used mine ALL the time. Always kept it filled with water. When we went out to the field, I had that and both my canteens (I purchased my own instead of using the ones given to us) filled so I could stay hydrated.

Did airlines give you any leniency with regards to bags because you were traveling under orders?

Yea I could bring an extra bag since I was on orders and had them on my person.

Yea I could bring an extra bag since I was on orders and had them on my person.

That brings up another good point. Make sure you have ur orders and all ur paperwork ON YOU when you get on the flight. If they lose ur luggage and ur orders are in there u are gonna be in quite a bind. I would also recommend having a set of PT gear with running shoes on person (in a carry on) as well because that is what u will report in and the uniform u will be in for a good majority of the first week and again if they lose ur luggage...

also if they try to make u pay for luggage DONT...go get a rep...if you are on orders you DO NOT have to pay for luggage...those kiosk things dont know you have orders and you may have to check in with a real person so you dont have to pay

Last edited:
That brings up another good point. Make sure you have ur orders and all ur paperwork ON YOU when you get on the flight. If they lose ur luggage and ur orders are in there u are gonna be in quite a bind. I would also recommend having a set of PT gear with running shoes on person (in a carry on) as well because that is what u will report in and the uniform u will be in for a good majority of the first week and again if they lose ur luggage...

also if they try to make u pay for luggage DONT...go get a rep...if you are on orders you DO NOT have to pay for luggage...those kiosk things dont know you have orders and you may have to check in with a real person so you dont have to pay
I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass, but is there some place i can read this in writing?? when i was flying over the holidays i was reading various airline websites and noticed they all had a part about active duty military and how they could carry larger bags and avoid being charged extra, but i didn't see anything about free luggage.

I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass, but is there some place i can read this in writing?? when i was flying over the holidays i was reading various airline websites and noticed they all had a part about active duty military and how they could carry larger bags and avoid being charged extra, but i didn't see anything about free luggage.

Who are you flying with? It varies by each carrier. You can peruse their website to verify this information

Who are you flying with? It varies by each carrier. You can peruse their website to verify this information
It was more of a question pertaining to what he said being a blanket policy rather than pertaining to any one airline. His reply made it appear to be something that all active duty soldiers traveling were entitled to regardless of the airline and if that was the case I was just wondering if there was some place I could read it so I could know the ins and outs of it

It was more of a question pertaining to what he said being a blanket policy rather than pertaining to any one airline. His reply made it appear to be something that all active duty soldiers traveling were entitled to regardless of the airline and if that was the case I was just wondering if there was some place I could read it so I could know the ins and outs of it

I don't think there is a policy requiring the carriers to give free bags to AD soldiers. I think its more of the carriers doing this to help/honor those who are serving and it probably varies depending on the carrier.