Ochem 2 ACS Final

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Larry_David

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDN,

I know this has been talked about in the past, but I was curious how the ACS final for Organic Chemistry is from an up to date perspective? It's 25% of my overall grade and wondering how early I should prepare for it/be worried about it?

Members don't see this ad.

You can start preparing now if your final is in early May. You can buy a book to help study. The ACS really isn't that bad. If you practice you'll be golden. good luck!

Hey SDN,

I know this has been talked about in the past, but I was curious how the ACS final for Organic Chemistry is from an up to date perspective? It's 25% of my overall grade and wondering how early I should prepare for it/be worried about it?

Its not too hard if you have been doing well in the classes. I bought the official guide and started studying 2 weeks before the exam. Scored in the 98th percentile so its definitely doable.

Members don't see this ad :)
It was pretty much representative of what I had learned in class, and my grade tended to be right on par with my class grades.

I scored in the 89th percentile and I studied for about two weeks before the test.

I agree with the above posters. Its not really that hard at all. Its 70 questions, A-D multiple choice. If you did well in the course, you shouldn't need the ACS study book at all in my opinion.