October Results Are Here!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

utsatwirler

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i got my scores today

82% im happy with that! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Oh my god..thats wonderful....where do you live....if you dont mind can you post what u made individually...Thanks a bunch.....

verbal ability 404/58%
biology 434/90%
Reading Comprehension 417/76%
Quantitative Ability 418/76%
Chemistry 418/79%
composite 418/82%

writing scores
convention of language 3
problem solving 3

I live in San Antonio! I feel like my 82 is good but when people start posting their 90+ im going to feel like an idiot! but its ok the schools I am applying for only require 50-60% so I feel good about that. My GPA is a 3.71

Members don't see this ad :)
whoo nice...I highly doubt I will get them today (I'm in Southern California), and freakin' a, I'm leaving for a trip today and will be out of town until MONDAY next week! Plus, I want to be the one who opens the envelope, so I won't have my housemates open it and call me up.

Gahhh...darn you Harcourt! But kudos to the early release of scores, hopefully it'll make it to schools in time for some first round interviews.

Congratulations! 82 is a competitive score in Texas.

Thank you so much! I was stressing so bad b/c it was the first time I had taken it and I have a panic attack disorder so I had to take a xanax before taking it, so I'm feeling pretty good right now! celebration time!

Thank you so much! I was stressing so bad b/c it was the first time I had taken it and I have a panic attack disorder so I had to take a xanax before taking it, so I'm feeling pretty good right now! celebration time!

A very HAPPY Thanksgiving to you :). And to everyone out there, of course.

Great job!!!

how did u do in ur chemistry?? I think u left out that one from all of ur excitement :)

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Just got mine today too. (I live near Dallas) Other posts have said that PharmCas got the scores so I don't see why you couldn't get them in California today.

Verbal Ability:__________438___93
Biology:_______________434___90
Reading Comprehension:_417___76
Quantitative Ability:_____438___93
Chemistry:_____________431___89

Composite:_____________432___94

OMG, I'm so happy for you!!!!!!! I'd like to taste that happiness right now. I'm in Florida. I expect above 90%ile for both Verbal and Biology. English, is not too bad. However, if I can get at least 70+ in math then I will have a very high score. This was my second time taking it (poor timing first time). WOW! CONGRATS. ENJOY TURKEY NOW. :hardy:

Hosayif, congrats to you!!!!!!!!!

Just got mine today too. (I live near Dallas) Other posts have said that PharmCas got the scores so I don't see why you couldn't get them in California today.

Verbal Ability:__________438___93
Biology:_______________434___90
Reading Comprehension:_417___76
Quantitative Ability:_____438___93
Chemistry:_____________431___89

Composite:_____________432___94

hey congrats, that's a great score. as for california and pharmcas in MA, i *think* pharmcas receives the scores electronically. I'm sure it's cheaper for Harcourt and easier on PharmCAS vs. opening thousands of envelopes and putting in scores. then again, we still have to bubble in scantrons for the pcat. that's soooo 1990's =(

OMG, I'm so happy for you!!!!!!! I'd like to taste that happiness right now. I'm in Florida. I expect above 90%ile for both Verbal and Biology. English, is not too bad. However, if I can get at least 70+ in math then I will have a very high score. This was my second time taking it (poor timing first time). WOW! CONGRATS. ENJOY TURKEY NOW. :hardy:

Thanks guys! Ya'll are all so nice (can you tell I'm from Texas). Good luck with your test! You have to post when you get yours!

Members don't see this ad :)
well, my scores are here, got a 75 composite, which is ok for a first time I guess. I'm sure I'll do a lot better in january :) but so far your scores are awesome guys and girls

harcourt is in san antonio, that is why she got hers fast. I live in houston and it did not show up today. congrats!

well, my scores are here, got a 75 composite, which is ok for a first time I guess. I'm sure I'll do a lot better in january :) but so far your scores are awesome guys and girls

well, 75 is good enough to get into pharmacy program, if your gpa is above 3.5 and you have a good overall application...i will not take pcat again if i get a composite of 75..fingers are crossed...:scared:

OMGGGG god have mercy i made a 95 from 51 first time to 70 second time to a 95 now omg ive never been so shocked in my life:D:D:D:D:D:D

got mine too, Im in OKC, Oklahoma!
I went in cold turkey because I switched to Pre-Med and didn't study. I'm still happy with the scores otherwise.

Verbal Ability:__________420___82
Biology:_______________420___82
Reading Comprehension:_412___69
Quantitative Ability:_____415___76
Chemistry:_____________418___79

Composite:_____________417___80

Writing scores:
Conventions of Language_ 3
Problem solving__________3

I live near Los Angeles, no score in the mail for me today but my PharmCAS has today as the day they recieved my score for Oct 07. Now I have to wait until Friday to get my score. No mail on Thursday. :scared:

Did anybody get higher than a 3 in writing? I'm expecting a 3 too. :p

what a great day, one of the best days in my life to know how much ive worked for it.

my scores
writing 3/3 for both

verbal 438 93
Biology 434 90
Reading 412 69
Quantitative 444 95 holy chit
Chemistry 442 94 bring on the wine
Composite 434 95

O man I just got mine now. I didn't expect it would come sooo fast.

verbal 414 73 <---someone is this good enough for University of Buffalo??
Bio 449 96
Reading 451 98
Quant 430 89
Chen 448 96
Comp 438 96

I am happy overall, but I am very dissapoined about verbal. Can anyone tell me if my verbal is bad and would pull me down in application? Sorry if I'm barfing a cow noww. OMG Happy Belated Thanksgiving everyone!!!!

Verbal: 446/96% :hardy:
Biology: 419/78% :oops:
Reading: 408/62% :oops:
Quantitative: 393/42% :scared:
Chemistry: 404/60% :(
Composite: 414/76% :rolleyes:

Writing
Conventions of Language: 3.0 :confused:
Problem Solving: 3.0 :confused:

Not as high as I was hoping for, but still higher than the average transfer student's score at the school I'm applying to.

O man I just got mine now. I didn't expect it would come sooo fast.

verbal 73 <---someone is this good enough for University of Buffalo??
Bio 96
Reading 98
Quant 89
Chen 96
Comp 96

I am happy overall, but I am very dissapoined about verbal. Can anyone tell me if my verbal is bad and would pull me down in application? Sorry if I'm barfing a cow noww. OMG Happy Belated Thanksgiving everyone!!!!

haha what a perfectionist...if buffalo dosnt want that then its their loss ur score can get u almost anywhere if ur gpa is above 3 and some experience. i got a 95 but u dont see me complaining about 69 reading..im gonna have fun and thank God for such a blessing.

haha what a perfectionist...if buffalo dosnt want that then its their loss ur score can get u almost anywhere if ur gpa is above 3 and some experience. i got a 95 but u dont see me complaining about 69 reading..im gonna have fun and thank God for such a blessing.

Thankyou thankyou thankyou. I'm really happy now.

I got a 3/3 for my essay portion. According to kaplan thats "adequate" for an essay :laugh:

:luck: good luck to everyone!!!

Thankyou thankyou thankyou. I'm really happy now.

I got a 3/3 for my essay portion. According to kaplan thats "adequate" for an essay :laugh:

:luck: good luck to everyone!!!

i got a 3/3 too which is great dude bc ave is below 3.0 even a 2.0 isnt a big deal with that score bc once u made an A in english in college or a B then u know ur stuff. Wowww what a present before thanksgiving maybe they willfully submitted our scores :) who knows lol

Hey, how come PharmCas posted the date of PCAT to be Oct 7 and the actual test date was Oct 20. I cannot see me score on PharmCAS.
If my gpa is 3.17 , will I be competitive for Pharm School?

Hi congrats how did you do it and what materials and strategies did you apply for the test.

Hey, how come PharmCas posted the date of PCAT to be Oct 7 and the actual test date was Oct 20. I cannot see me score on PharmCAS.

It means you took the test in Oct 2007 not Oct 7th... :D I'm still waiting for my scores to come by snail mail! :(

I thought the same thing and then realized it was October 2007 (OCT 07).

Mike

i pm you before, i just wanted to know the secrets to this dramatic increase in yr. score.

i replied son bruahahaha what a day! For others i would say take upper level classes like Microbio, Anatomy, Cell/molec bio, biochem..i mean yeah they are hard but pharmacy is harder. read and study ahead of time n u'll be good to go.

pharm pills-

Congrats!!!

what do u feel helped you improve from the past 2 times that u took the exam??? like any particular study books?

THanks

Here are some exerpts from 3 posts with scaled/percentile scores:

Does this make sense????

Quantitative Ability: 393 42%
Quantitative Ability: 415 79%
Quantitative Ability: 418 76%

How is it possible that the person with a 418 got a 76%
and the person with a 415 got a 79%

Am I missing something???? This seems bass ackwards!

Thanks for your help.

Mike

i got a 3/3 too which is great dude bc ave is below 3.0 even a 2.0 isnt a big deal with that score bc once u made an A in english in college or a B then u know ur stuff. Wowww what a present before thanksgiving maybe they willfully submitted our scores :) who knows lol

:D :D :D I'm really thankful. yeah I'm glad they sent in the scores so soon. :hardy:

It could be because both people took different versions of the test. Each test is curved to the level of difficulty. So you can get a lower raw score and get a higher percentile ranking, if your test was harder.

I don't know if this is true but just a theory.:laugh:

Does this make sense????

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Does this make sense????

Thanks for your help.

Mike

simply..someone mistyped data or isnt telling the whole story lol but all scores are same once scaled.

pharm pills-

Congrats!!!

what do u feel helped you improve from the past 2 times that u took the exam??? like any particular study books?

THanks

thanku, well i studied kaplan alot the past 2 times lol and got 50 and 70 i believe so kaplan helps but dosnt help u to an extreme extent. i would say it falls with the classes u take, microbio, cellbio, anatomy helped me aton with bio portion, im naturally good at math bc i took so many math classes (college algebra, trig, cal1 and 2, stat), i would say try not to depend on kaplan so much but look at other sources that are out their and use them in conjunction with kaplan and take the classes i posted above. goodluck

simply..someone mistyped data or isnt telling the whole story lol but all scores are same once scaled.

Phlame217 and Utsatwirler,

Could you double check your scores and reply to this message.

It was your two scores that the scaled score versus percentile did not match up/make sense. If the scores are scaled, this is done to set them all equal, so the percentiles should match the scaled scores for all takers on October 20, 2007... (Is anyone posting old stats maybe?)

Does that sound right to everyone?

Thanks,

Mike

Verbal ability 392/38
Biology 401/55
Reading Comp. 408/62

when i first took the pcat my verbal was in the 20's and so was reading. dont give up. i pulled off 90's in verbal and 69 reading this time with a comp in the 90's. i know ur pain though for sure bc i had a composite in the 50's.

Hey Guys
Is there anyway to check the scores online? Cuz I didn't get mine and IM anxious!

My Pharmcas shows a tset date but I haven't received my score in the mail yet. Guess I will receive it wither friday or next monday. I'm so nervous!!!:(