October Results Are Here!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

utsatwirler

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i got my scores today

82% im happy with that! :)

Members don't see this ad.

pphheeww...finally I received my result.
Verbal-----------69
Bio--------------87
Reading----------56
Quantitative------89 ???
Chemistry--------96
Composite--------88
Writing: 2/3 I didn't prepare for this part at all.
Not so satisfied with my score.
This time might be my last time taking the PCAT.

Alright!

Verbal-----------99
Bio--------------78
Reading----------92
Quantitative------93
Chemistry--------92
Composite--------97

Conventions:3
Problem Solving:3

Verbal: 446/96% :hardy:
Biology: 419/78% :oops:
Reading: 408/62% :oops:
Quantitative: 393/42% :scared:
Chemistry: 404/60% :(
Composite: 414/76% :rolleyes:

Writing
Conventions of Language: 3.0 :confused:
Problem Solving: 3.0 :confused:

Not as high as I was hoping for, but still higher than the average transfer student's score at the school I'm applying to.

What school are you planning to apply .. just out of curiosity

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my scores back and it was very dissappointing...

Verbal 78
Bio 50
Reading 50
Quant 57
Chem 60
Composite 59
Writing; 3.0/2.5
It was the first time I took it and didn't study much at all but I thought I would do a little better than this... :(x100
I have 3.7 GPA and am volunteering @ a hospital pharmacy, don't have a ton of extracurriculars...
Do ya think I have a chance for these schools?
U of Ill. Chicago
Iowa
Minnesota
Midwestern Downers Grove
Kentucky

and do you know any other schools that would accept pcat of 59?

I had similar stats to yours.... 59 on the pcat, 3.45 gpa, and pharmacy tech for over a year. I got interviews from MN and Midwestern CCP of your list, and 2 other interviews as well, but MN ended up rejecting me. And im pretty sure it was because of the pcat score. I dont even know why they interviewed me in the first place to be honest.

But, I would start volunteering more and make every other part of your application really strong so it may make up for the pcat, and apply to the schools. if anything, you will gain a lot of experience and expertise for the next application cycle.

I'm in PA and still haven't received my scores. Anyone else not get them yet?

i ♥ pharmacy;5871238 said:
My first PCAT as well.
Verbal 78
Biology 45
Reading Comprehension 98
Quantitative Ability 83
Chemistry 49
--
Composite 80

Writing: 3/3.5

I seriously thought I did absolutely horrible and was hoping that I would at least make 60 because I did not study (did not even touch my books) and I knew absolutely no organic chemistry. In fact, I randomly bubbled in about 25 questions in the chemistry section because I did not know them. That explains why I didn't do well in Chemistry. Biology was because I could not recall a lot of the stuff (would have really helped if I reviewed even a little bit). Also, I have not taken anatomy and had quite a few anatomy questions. I really regret not studying now.

I unfortunately have no work experience, but my GPA is about 3.9.

Forgive me for such a dumb question, but do pharmacy schools normally look at composite or individual sections? I realize it likely varies by school. Does anyone know about WVU and Howard?

WVU only looks at the composite score. (last year the average PCAT was 77 and GPA was 3.75) They have a point system that determines who gets in... 50% GPA, 20% PCAT, 30% Interview/application

I got my scores today. This is my second time taking it. I almost made my goal of scoring an 80 composite. First thing I want to get off my chest is the way the composite is calculated; it seems much harder boosting your composite percentage if you improve your subject percentages.

Secondly, I always wanted to be a pharmacist ever since I got rejected from ever medical school in the country :)o).

June '07 scores:

Verbal - 90 (used special word list)
Bio- 71 (studied my heart out)
Reading - 39 (3 questions blank jesus mary!)
Quantitative- 57
Chemistry- 58
Composite- 66
Writing scores: 3/2.5

October '07

Verbal- 96 (next time i think I could get a 99; used a special word list night before exam)
Bio- 78 (w/ 1 semester biology grad school/ no preparation)
Reading- 56 (worked faster)
Quantitative- 47 (my brain was dull by this time:confused:)
Chem- 74 (studied in my library for about 10 hours tops:thumbup:)
Composite- 79 (my percetage increased by not so huge in retrospect)
Writing scores: 3/3 (both topics were something that interested me)

Can someone give me advice on what types of schools might be up my alley? My GPA is not the greatest as I am a non traditional student several years (about 4 from undergrad). According to Omnione's post, I'm in the 50/50 retake mark, but I'm 100 percent cornfused. :scared:

For those reading this for guidance, do not look behind and always improve yourself. Your hard work will pay off.

I am curious....what "special word list" did you use for the verbal section? I can use all the help I can get in this section and reading comprehension! :D

This was my first time taking the PCAT and I graduated over 5 years ago so I was pretty nervous about my recall.

Verbal-93
Biology-78
Reading-87
Quantitative-87
Chem-65 (my major of course!!!)
Overall-88 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am super happy with my results. If I don't get in this year, I will consider retaking to up my chem score. I wasn't prepared for all the organic and ran out of time. All in all- I think it's pretty good for a first try. :D

Just got back into Pullman from Thanksgiving break and I got my scores (First try at the PCAT w/out Organic):

Verbal 411/69
Biology 434/90
Reading 400/50
Quantitative 415/76
Chemistry 418/79
Composite 416/79

Conventions of Language 4.0
Problem Solving 3.0

I found my writing scores to be very interesting, seeing that my verbal and reading comprehension is horrible.... I guess I should work on my reading and vocab. :)

I'm in PA and still haven't received my scores. Anyone else not get them yet?
I haven't gotten my scores yet, too. I live on campus, and during thanksgiving break, they don't do the work. so I have to wait tomorrow moring.
I'm in ny, though

Verbal 90 :hardy:
Biology 78:cool:
Reading 56:oops:
Quantitative 8 <--- WTF? :mad:
Chemistry 54:oops:
Composite 6:(

Writing 2/2.5

Seriously, what is up with my quantitative score? Should I pay to have it hand scored? It's possible I filled in the wrong bubbles (#10's answer in #11's bubble).

I am almost ready to say screw it and not apply to schools with December deadlines.

Needless to say, I will be re-taking this darn test in January.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Verbal 82
Bio 71
Reading 69
Quant 52
Chem 65

Composite 70

3.97 GPA, 3 years Retail Pharmacy experience, PTCB certified, 100 hours community service.

I'm hoping the other parts of my application make up for it. :(

I guess thats what you get for not studying.

You should apply to non-PCAT schools.

And yeah..I'm at my gf's beach house, just flew in from Seattle. The scores are in my mailbox across town but I'm too lazy to drive over there and look at them. haha...i'd rather go shower for 15 minutes and sit on the balcony.

or maybe i'll make it 10 minutes and head on over there.... :idea:

WVU only looks at the composite score. (last year the average PCAT was 77 and GPA was 3.75) They have a point system that determines who gets in... 50% GPA, 20% PCAT, 30% Interview/application

Thank you very much for the information. I really appreciate it.

I was planning on just applying to Howard so I only asked two professors for recommendation letters. I just checked WVU's site and they require 3. I think it's kind of late to ask a third professor now. :( My parents kept telling me to ask a third professor, just in case, but I didn't.

I may be able to ask my supervisor from a volunteer job, but it's been a long time (~2 years) since I have actually volunteered. I've still been able to keep in contact with her, but I'm pretty sure it would actually hurt my app because it's been so long since I have last volunteered.

Verbal 90 :hardy:
Biology 78:cool:
Reading 56:oops:
Quantitative 8 <--- WTF? :mad:
Chemistry 54:oops:
Composite 6:(

Writing 2/2.5

Seriously, what is up with my quantitative score? Should I pay to have it hand scored? It's possible I filled in the wrong bubbles (#10's answer in #11's bubble).

It sounds like you might have accidentally skipped a bubble and had a frameshift error on the math section, but I'm not sure getting it handscored will help. Maybe somebody else knows, but I assume that a handscore would just see what bubbles have been colored in - it seems like it would be kind of difficult to tell what you *intended* to bubble in unless they were to look at the booklet where you circled answers, and I'm confident they won't do that.

Here are my scores:

Verbal Ability 432/90%
Biology 434/90%
Reading 422/82%
Quantitative 430/89%
Chemistry 465/99%

Composite 437/96%

I graduated from a public, state school with a 3.4 gpa. VERY LITTLE pharmacy experience, as in almost none. have researched the field alot, did some volunteer work in a hospital pharmacy as a teenager. my pcat is my obvious strong point, and Ohio State is my first choice. deadlines quickly approaching. what are my chances?

Got off my lazy ass and checked my scores:

Ver 97
Bio 96
Reading comp 71
Quant 85
Chem 61
Composite 92

Woohoo, I'm pretty happy. :D The 96 validates my BS and the 61 validates my "eh" about chem. I have no idea how I got an 85 on quantitative...I guessed on about 1/3 of them after eliminating one or two. This test was cake compared to the MCAT (i got a 30 on that a while ago for comparison).

For reference, my application is as follows: 3.1 cGPA, 3 months pharmacy technician experience, B.S. in biology from a top 50 univ., 92 PCAT, and loads of extra curriculars/etc...

Here's my result for Oct 2007:

Verbal Ability 35
Biology 55 <--- WTF
Reading Comprehension 87
Quantitative Ability 97
Chemistry 82
Composite 83

Now, compare this to my June 2007 score:

Verbal Ability 19
Biology 94
Reading Comprehension 70
Quantitative Ability 93
Chemistry 67
Composite 79

Notice how poorly I did in the biology section? I am in shock, and was wondering if it is possible for Harcourt Assessment to have made a mistake on there part? Has anyone ever experienced this before where there was an error with your exam mark?

Just got my results

First time PCAT taker from canada

Scaled score Percentile
Verbal Ability 414 73
Biology 460 98
RC 428 87
Quantitative 444 95
Chemistry 448 97

Comp 439 97 :love:

holy cow goodjob, that biology score really helped push ur score but so did mos everything. well done. me and u got same 444 in math hahah but i fot a 70 reading for a 95 composite. where u applying to?

Well, I didn't do as well as some of you, however, I REALLY increased my scores in comparision to August's exam. I had no time to study for this because I had lecture exams and took it on what I already learned this semester and last.

Verbal: 78 (WTF)

Biology: 78 (No A&P, half a semesters worth of Microbiology)

Reading: 34 :thumbdown:

QA: 56 (I'm actually quite surprised to score higher than what I originally thought leaving exam day. I guessed about 70% and it's been 2.5 years since I took calculus.)

Chemistry: 82. It really helped to take this the day after my O-Chem exam.
Essays: 3/3. Which is surprising, since I thought I should have scored higher.

Anyway, I think where I REALLY fell short was my reading. I did not improve at all. I even used the Kaplan method! This is quite odd since I spent the summer reading Medical journals for a research project. I really think this is the reason for my poor composite score (70). :( Any tips on how to make improvements? I want to apply to Wayne State University, I know it's a real long shot to get in because it's so competitive here, but they DO look at individual scores. I have many hours of community service, shadowed independent pharmacy and volunteered at Air Force Pharmacy, drug research, great LORs and personal statement, and a pre-pharm GPA of 3.75. I am also looking into applying at MWU-CCP and Ferris State.

So sad!!! :mad:
I know my score today.
Verbal: 12
Reading: 15
Comp: 39 (3/1.5)
Bio: 50
Quan: 62
Chem: 82
>>> So bad, huh? This is my first time, and English isn't my native language, I just moved to the US almost 2yrs. Now, I'm in Community College. My GPA: 3.88. I took PCAT in Oct. At that time: No microbiology, 1/2 Organic1, 1/2Bio2, 1/2 Stats, 1/2Comp2
Am I stupid? or Should I change my major? I hate myself

So sad!!! :mad:
I know my score today.
Verbal: 12
Reading: 15
Comp: 39 (3/1.5)
Bio: 50
Quan: 62
Chem: 82
>>> So bad, huh? This is my first time, and English isn't my native language, I just moved to the US almost 2yrs. Now, I'm in Community College. My GPA: 3.88. I took PCAT in Oct. At that time: No microbiology, 1/2 Organic1, 1/2Bio2, 1/2 Stats, 1/2Comp2
Am I stupid? or Should I change my major? I hate myself

take it easy, i made a 50 my first time. i kept working on it and i got a 95 this october. work on bio by taking microbio, anatomy etc. as for english do aton of reading passages and study word lists. god damn cuz u got a 1.5 on writing geesh just practice writing essays too and spen aton of time on enlgish skills. gl

holy cow goodjob, that biology score really helped push ur score but so did mos everything. well done. me and u got same 444 in math hahah but i fot a 70 reading for a 95 composite. where u applying to?

thanks.

I was really surprised at my math score.

Never expected it to be above 90 since i literally just bubbled in C for the last 8 math question:laugh::laugh::laugh:

applying to UBC

So, does this mean that someone from a bottom 50 university would need to get a 99 to make up for their school?

not in that extreme, but yes...all things being equal, a student from podunk university will need better credentials than an applicant from say...berkeley, harvard, or UCLA.

Verbal ability 392/38
Biology 401/55
Reading Comp. 408/62
Quantitative 393/42
Chemisty 404/60
Composite 400/51

Writing 2.0/3.5

Bad Huh???

I in the same boat, I got a composite of 43. Are you gonna retake. What school are you applying. What material for the PCAT did you study from? How long did you study for it. I studied the whole summer and still got a 43, my first time taking it.

I am curious....what "special word list" did you use for the verbal section? I can use all the help I can get in this section and reading comprehension! :D

If you don't mind, I would also like to know of this "special word list."

I studied the GRE top 500 words (like $12 at B&N) and I have a natural ability for vocabulary stemming from early high school. I also have taken Spanish (4yrs), Latin (half year), and French (self taught, basics) and I think that might have helped. Verbal score of 97.

I think it's too late for most of us as I strongly believe raising a verbal score requires at least 5-7 years of sustained reading, new vocabulary, and perhaps new language assimilation. The best thing you can do short term is 1) read The Economist, 2) study at MOST 7-8 new words each day from GRE 500 and continually study them in subsequent sessions, and 3) study latin.

not in that extreme, but yes...all things being equal, a student from podunk university will need better credentials than an applicant from say...berkeley, harvard, or UCLA.

All things being equal, what should it matter? That's elitism for you.

I got a 99 composite, but I attend a school that is probably in the bottom 50. My biology score was higher than someone who earned a BS in biology from a top 50 school.

I'm not trying to undermine your score or your school, but I could use this as "evidence" that your top 50 school didn't prepare you properly.

Hey Guys,
I finally joined this forum, the scores I received for October test are:

Verbal Ability 87
Biology 71
Reading 76
Quantitative 87
Chemistry 87
Composite 86

Not too much fluctuations going on. Got a GPA of 3.98, and I'm applying to Wayne State. Do I got a good chance or no? :cool:

You should apply to non-PCAT schools.

And yeah..I'm at my gf's beach house, just flew in from Seattle. The scores are in my mailbox across town but I'm too lazy to drive over there and look at them. haha...i'd rather go shower for 15 minutes and sit on the balcony.

or maybe i'll make it 10 minutes and head on over there.... :idea:

Really? I'm roughly 8-12% (~5-10 percentile points) lower than average for all of the schools I am applying to. If thats not reasonable, then they must only be accepting people who get darn close to the average.

Got off my lazy ass and checked my scores:

Ver 97
Bio 96
Reading comp 71
Quant 85
Chem 61
Composite 92

Woohoo, I'm pretty happy. :D The 96 validates my BS and the 61 validates my "eh" about chem. I have no idea how I got an 85 on quantitative...I guessed on about 1/3 of them after eliminating one or two. This test was cake compared to the MCAT (i got a 30 on that a while ago for comparison).

For reference, my application is as follows: 3.1 cGPA, 3 months pharmacy technician experience, B.S. in biology from a top 50 univ., 92 PCAT, and loads of extra curriculars/etc...

congrats on the scores.
i have a question for u. well this is the first ime im posting so i hope im doing it right. i'm studying right now for the pcat and i wanted to know how did study for it?? what material did you use? i would really appreciate some tips
thanks

hey im sort of new to this so i hope im posting the right way.
anyways congrats on ur score they look really good. i had a question since i'm studyin for pcat right now to take it in jan i was hoping if you could tell me what did u use to study.
kaplan book or something else?
i would really appreciate it.
Anyone who took the october exam if you could answer this i would appreacite it a lot

Just got my results

First time PCAT taker from canada

Scaled score Percentile
Verbal Ability 414 73
Biology 460 98
RC 428 87
Quantitative 444 95
Chemistry 448 97

Comp 439 97 :love:
ok im sorry everyone im tryin to get the hang of this
please help me and if you guys could tell me how u guys studied for the october pcat iwould greatly appreciate it since im plannin on taking it this coming jan and studying right now
thanks

All things being equal, what should it matter? That's elitism for you.

I got a 99 composite, but I attend a school that is probably in the bottom 50. My biology score was higher than someone who earned a BS in biology from a top 50 school.

I'm not trying to undermine your score or your school, but I could use this as "evidence" that your top 50 school didn't prepare you properly.

I should be more specific and say "all OTHER things being equal"

your score definitely balances out the prestige of your university, though I'm alluding more to someone who went to Berkeley and got a 4 year degree in molecular biology vs. someone who did all their prereq's at a community college and got their BA in something else at another university.

If both their entire applications are equal numbers-wise and they performed equally well on an interview...I'd pick the Berkeley grad hands down, but in your case, if the "lower university" student got a higher PCAT score...I'd choose that element over prestige. It's more of a halo effect if anything, not anything quantifiable.

I know at my old job, we sorted resumes by UC system vs. all other state colleges. This is standard practice in many of my friends' places of work and an element in allopathic admissions also. To say it does not/should not happen in pharmacy admissions is a bit naive and unrealistic.

To say it does not/should not happen in pharmacy admissions is a bit naive and unrealistic.

Of course it happens. But it shouldn't happen. If people are equally qualified, then it shouldn't matter what school they went to. Again, that is more elitism.

One of my former employers offered a fresh Columbia University graduate a very large starting salary just because of the school he had attended. Well, they had to fire him in six weeks because he was absolutely lousy.

There are absolutely brilliant and qualified people who go to top schools, no question about that, but the elitist assumption puts a lot of crappy people where they don't belong. Our current president, for example, could have flashed his Yale degree to do anything, even though he's really not even qualified to manage a McDonald's.

Well, I shall add mine to the list

Verbal 418/78
Biology 424/83
Reading 394/44 :thumbdown:
Quantit 426/87
Chemistry 431/89

Composite 419/83

Writing 3.0/2.85
2.5/2.89

I did pretty good overall, but WTH on reading? Do adcoms only look at the composite or at everything? I would have been in the high 80s if I could have gotten at least a 70 in reading.

Well, I shall add mine to the list

Verbal 418/78
Biology 424/83
Reading 394/44 :thumbdown:
Quantit 426/87
Chemistry 431/89

Composite 419/83

Writing 3.0/2.85
2.5/2.89

I did pretty good overall, but WTH on reading? Do adcoms only look at the composite or at everything? I would have been in the high 80s if I could have gotten at least a 70 in reading.

how did you get 2.85 in reading? i thought they only gave out integers

Reading is a real crap shoot

i can never understand those things

I posted the same content on another thread, but I will do it again here coz I need every support and opinion.

Here are my stats

Pre-req GPA 3.97
Got my B.A from foreign country
Hospital pharmacy volunteering
Work and EC experience
PCAT
Verbal------398-48%
Bio---------415-74%
Reading----412-69%
Math-------476-99%
Chem-------418-79%
Composite--424-88%

Writing-----2.0/2.5

I can't believe what people are saying anymore.
Most people say that I have enough stats, but I'm losing my confidence after I got placed on the waitlist from two schools.
I'm not having as many calls for interviews as I expected even though I completed my application in early september.
I have three interview invitations so far.

I do not have good interview skills because I get extremely nervous during the interview... Is it ruining everything? I really don't know..

for the PCAT! --> this is killing me!!!
Do you guys think it looks bad since I have rather low scores in verbal and reading and mediocre scores in Chem and Bio.. and super high in Math?
oh.. I did really poorly in writing as well.

Should I retake PCAT? (I don't think I can do any better in verbal and reading because English is my 2nd language. I might be able to improve bio and chem.)
or get a tutor to improve my interview skills?
How can I make myself a more competitive candidate?
Should I try the Pharm Tech certificate?
PLEASE HELP!!!!

I'm so DESPERATE and MISERABLE!!!

Of course it happens. But it shouldn't happen. If people are equally qualified, then it shouldn't matter what school they went to. Again, that is more elitism.

One of my former employers offered a fresh Columbia University graduate a very large starting salary just because of the school he had attended. Well, they had to fire him in six weeks because he was absolutely lousy.

There are absolutely brilliant and qualified people who go to top schools, no question about that, but the elitist assumption puts a lot of crappy people where they don't belong. Our current president, for example, could have flashed his Yale degree to do anything, even though he's really not even qualified to manage a McDonald's.

ahh such an idealist, not my cup of tea, but kudos to that viewpoint.

I think it boils down to trust in an institution's particular requirements and standards. There is a street down the way from my girlfriend's condo that has all USC flags flying (each home is about $3-5M, a range rover in the driveway of about half of them). Helps with the image that these SC grads are successful as unmotivated idiots don't usually get rich. So as an employer, statistically speaking, I feel I am going to get more bang for my buck grabbing a Yale alumnus vs. someone who went to Florida State (picking random colleges here).

Of course, there will always be those superstar hard workers that will rock any position they get that just happened to go to a low school (and vice versa), but when faced with the fact that person A who went to Harvard got in despite having a 90%+ rejection rate vs. person B who got waived in to school with a 90% acceptance rate....I'm more likely to take a chance on person A.

You're right though...school prestige doesn't necessarily indicate future job performance, but it's a holistic attribute that is based on perceptions and averages (and is somewhat self fulfilling).

But I hold fast to the idea that there ARE academic differences between top 50 and unranked. Most of my friend's who entered the 2nd tier college system here in california SAILED through school and would NOT be able to hack at my university. So my lower GPA should equate to their higher GPA, allo does this already, all pharmacy schools should codify and disclose this as well.

Oh, back to topic...so yes, higher PCAT score needed :thumbup:

*my friends do not represent a simple random sample or scientific poll.

I posted the same content on another thread, but I will do it again here coz I need every support and opinion.

Here are my stats

Pre-req GPA 3.97
Got my B.A from foreign country
Hospital pharmacy volunteering
Work and EC experience
PCAT
Verbal------398-48%
Bio---------415-74%
Reading----412-69%
Math-------476-99%
Chem-------418-79%
Composite--424-88%

Writing-----2.0/2.5

I can't believe what people are saying anymore.
Most people say that I have enough stats, but I'm losing my confidence after I got placed on the waitlist from two schools.
I'm not having as many calls for interviews as I expected even though I completed my application in early september.
I have three interview invitations so far.

I do not have good interview skills because I get extremely nervous during the interview... Is it ruining everything? I really don't know..

for the PCAT! --> this is killing me!!!
Do you guys think it looks bad since I have rather low scores in verbal and reading and mediocre scores in Chem and Bio.. and super high in Math?
oh.. I did really poorly in writing as well.

Should I retake PCAT? (I don't think I can do any better in verbal and reading because English is my 2nd language. I might be able to improve bio and chem.)
or get a tutor to improve my interview skills?
How can I make myself a more competitive candidate?
Should I try the Pharm Tech certificate?
PLEASE HELP!!!!

I'm so DESPERATE and MISERABLE!!!

ur first fault is ur MASSIVE lack of confidence. i mean cmon "desperate and miserable". ur second fault is failing to acknowledge ur stats, i dont know y im even responding to this but here goes. i just read the bottom part where u say u have bad interview skills hmmm im shocked. ur scores on the outside seem almost extraordinary and for the most part in a way they are but yeah ur math does make up for a good deal of damage. ur scores seem fine get over it, if u made A's in english in college just tell them that and practice on the verbal more and up to u if u want to retake but it depends where u want to go. and again ur scores are pretty good, if u want to be miserable with that score and gpa (wtf) than go ahead, less competition for some1 else bc u have a good chance to get in most schools.

ur first fault is ur MASSIVE lack of confidence. i mean cmon "desperate and miserable". ur second fault is failing to acknowledge ur stats, i dont know y im even responding to this but here goes. i just read the bottom part where u say u have bad interview skills hmmm im shocked. ur scores on the outside seem almost extraordinary and for the most part in a way they are but yeah ur math does make up for a good deal of damage. ur scores seem fine get over it, if u made A's in english in college just tell them that and practice on the verbal more and up to u if u want to retake but it depends where u want to go. and again ur scores are pretty good, if u want to be miserable with that score and gpa (wtf) than go ahead, less competition for some1 else bc u have a good chance to get in most schools.

Thanks for responding. You are sooo right! I need to boost my confidence along with clearing my mind. Just the thoughts that I'm on the boundary between a bright future and a dark failure put me enormous amount of stress and burden. The fear of not getting in is hard to be overcomed. Studying was a rather easy part. Going through these application processes is indeed something! The worst part is waiting!!
Again.. I should be able to learn how to deal with this stress, then I will be less nervous during the interview.. I think...

Thanks for responding. You are sooo right! I need to boost my confidence along with clearing my mind. Just the thoughts that I'm on the boundary between a bright future and a dark failure put me enormous amount of stress and burden. The fear of not getting in is hard to be overcomed. Studying was a rather easy part. Going through these application processes is indeed something! The worst part is waiting!!
Again.. I should be able to learn how to deal with this stress, then I will be less nervous during the interview.. I think...

i know how u feel even with a 95 pcat im still nervous something might go wrong and i dont want to wait a year to apply again. most schools will like ur 88 and 2 interviews so far is pretty good. i just hope once my scores hit schools that the interviews come in and i get in and not on some crappy wait list.

I finally got my scores today!

Verbal - 407/63
Biology - 429/87
Reading - 417/76
Math - 412/73
Chemistry - 427/87
Composite - 418/82

Conventions of Language - 4.0
Problem Solving - 3.0

Everyone think they're good for a first time? I'm pretty satisfied...hopefully they get me into a school.

Also, Buffalo has an average of 398 for the PCAT. I have a 386...should I still apply? Cum. GPA: 3.82 and Science GPA: 3.68 from PharmCAS. I live in Pennsylvania and will get my B.S. in Biobehavioral Health from Penn State. Do I have a chance at Albany?

Verbal - 427/87
Biology - 441/94
Reading - 412/69
Math - 444/95
Chemistry - 448/96
Composite - 434/95

Conventions of Language - 3.0
Problem Solving - 3.0

This was my first time taking it, and I'm relieved that I won't need to take it again. Yay! :)

Verbal - 427/87
Biology - 441/94
Reading - 412/69
Math - 444/95
Chemistry - 448/96
Composite - 434/95

Conventions of Language - 3.0
Problem Solving - 3.0

This was my first time taking it, and I'm relieved that I won't need to take it again. Yay! :)

great but wtf whys ur scores almost exact as mine?? weird u wernt sitting next to me were u lol