October Results Are Here!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

utsatwirler

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i got my scores today

82% im happy with that! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I am in san jose, california and I got my scores today!! That was surprising. I did A LOT better compared to the 29 I got last time. Didn't make the 90 though..ill post the break down tomorrow morn.

OH ****!!!!!! :eek: IM SCAREDDD

I am sure you will do fine! I dont think my score is the greatest by any means but I think I will do ok. My first choice is UIW since I live in SA. I was premed and changed over the summer. I know I would do better if I took it again but i think I did well enough to apply to the Texas schools

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got mine today too. (I live near Dallas) Other posts have said that PharmCas got the scores so I don't see why you couldn't get them in California today.

Verbal Ability:__________438___93
Biology:_______________434___90
Reading Comprehension:_417___76
Quantitative Ability:_____438___93
Chemistry:_____________431___89

Composite:_____________432___94

Wowwwww!!!! Congrats.....how did you study for the verbal and reading????

Wowwwww!!!! Congrats.....how did you study for the verbal and reading????

I did well on the verbal simply because I ALWAYS look up words that I come across and don't know. I also look up the roots if I can.. Other that that there was no specific PCAT studying done on my part. My reading comprehension was so much lower than my others because I hate english class and that class epitomizes everything I hate about it. Questions like "What was the author's mood when writing this piece" are total BS to me.

I did well on the verbal simply because I ALWAYS look up words that I come across and don't know. I also look up the roots if I can.. Other that that there was no specific PCAT studying done on my part. My reading comprehension was so much lower than my others because I hate english class and that class epitomizes everything I hate about it. Questions like "What was the author's mood when writing this piece" are total BS to me.

congrats to you! You did awesome!

I live in Florida, and I think my result will come tomorrow on the blackfriday hehehe:D.... lol......but you guys really have high scores...then have a happy Thanksgiving...I am worrying if I got ok for this one...First time taking, I got 404-59% for just 2 parts over 90 percents, the others is below 30 percents:D. This Octorber, I got one part better, so it will be 3 parts / 2 parts...Hoping that I will have a better result...75% is enough .... hi hi hi...but not sure...I am gonna retake in Jan anyway..just wanna see what part I missing, so I can improve for the last part, so it will be 4/1 he he he:smuggrin:...still worrying so much:(

I live in Florida, and I think my result will come tomorrow on the blackfriday hehehe:D.... lol......but you guys really have high scores...then have a happy Thanksgiving...I am worrying if I got ok for this one...First time taking, I got 404-59% for just 2 parts over 90 percents, the others is below 30 percents:D. This Octorber, I got one part better, so it will be 3 parts / 2 parts...Hoping that I will have a better result...75% is enough .... hi hi hi...but not sure...I am gonna retake in Jan anyway..just wanna see what part I missing, so I can improve for the last part, so it will be 4/1 he he he:smuggrin:...still worrying so much:(

i live in FL and i got mine weds like a gangsta booyahh

Oh my God! I was hoping that my 2 parts over 90% would boost my score. Now I'm scared. because I know I'm not that confident about the math and chemistry portion (still was behind on time). Reading is always a toss up. Oh! I hope I get that three, four parts.

i live in FL and i got mine weds like a gangsta booyahh

They might have mailed it in alphabetical order... That's why I got my so late in August (no score option result).. coz the first letter of my lastname is S. That's why people in the same state didn't get it at the same time?

so... does the post office send mail out on Friday( the day after thanksgiving)??

They might have mailed it in alphabetical order... That's why I got my so late in August (no score option result).. coz the first letter of my lastname is S. That's why people in the same state didn't get it at the same time?

Thats what I was thinking too. My friend who is living in the same state as me did'nt get the score. My friend's last name is at the lower spectrum of the alphabet, while mine is part of the leading letters.

Thats what I was thinking too. My friend who is living in the same state as me did'nt get the score. My friend's last name is at the lower spectrum of the alphabet, while mine is part of the leading letters.

hmm my last name is also a part of the leading letters too but i do know one or two ppl whose last name is A and didnt get anything. anyways it could be that they do grade by last name and maybe some cities mailing are slacking a little or are too busy. anyways enough theories lol just wait for it. im still :love: in my score and sooo bouncy and happy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Aug07 Oct07
Verbal 55 87
Biology 83 61
Reading 55 76
Quantitative 89 83
Chem 69 89
Composite 76 84

I'm happy with my scores... Considering I didn't do anything extra to study for the october test. Having some organic 1 and being more relaxed the second time around must have helped. NO idea what happened in BIO though... even more astounded by the 87 in verbal... up from a 55. haha.
I'm glad that I will never take the test again.... :D :D

Just got my PCAT score today, a little better but still sad hi hi hi:

Verbal: 379 -20% ( Keep it constant :laugh:)
Biology: 408 -65% (Thought it was better but nope, still I improved compared to August)
Reading: 380-21% (keep it constant:laugh:)
Math: 456-97% (better thanAugust -91%)
Chem: 448-96% ( better than August-95%)
Composite 414-76%

I am going to retakre in Jan anyway. Do you think with my 3.9 GPA overall and 4.0 GPA science with 76% PCAT score will help me to go to UF? Although I know it is not really competitive, do you think it is good to start my application? Need advices...:D:):)

ok my turn for help
i got my scores

Last edited:
verbal 93
biology 78
reading 18 (wtf)
icon8.gif

quantitative 62
chemistry 82

composite 73.... five points better than the 68 i got the first time... not sure what i can do about my reading comp... brought every other section up from the august test except biology (83)...

what do you guys think about this score put together with a 3.1 GPA???

(i know what you already think about the reading score)

verbal 93
biology 78
reading 18 (wtf)
icon8.gif

quantitative 62
chemistry 82

composite 73.... five points better than the 68 i got the first time... not sure what i can do about my reading comp... brought every other section up from the august test except biology (83)...

what do you guys think about this score put together with a 3.1 GPA???

(i know what you already think about the reading score)

hmmm i am thinking that u did better than me...hehehe....70% is average..but i just checked the average score for the schools and it looks like alot of them are higher...
did u alreday submit ur pharmcas? i didnt yet and i need help in deciding if i should go through with it or leave it off to next year...
personally if i had gotten a 73% i would have applied to some schools and see what happens...:)

Any advice would be appreciated:

..................Scaled Score......Percentile Rank
Verbal Ability----414 ---------- 73
Biology ---------460 ---------- 98
Reading Comp.---393 ---------- 39
Quant. Abil.------402 ---------- 57
Chemistry -------442 ---------- 94

Composite -------422 ----------- 86

Writing Scores Score/Mean
------------- -----------
Conv. of Lang. 4.0/2.85
Prob. Solving 3.0/2.89

I know my scores seem really weird and inconsistent. Here is my situation.
I have not taken calculus yet, so that explains my Quantitative score. I have a BS in Biology (3.45 GPA), so that explains my Bio and Chem scores. As you can see, my Verbal was fine and I did relatively well in the Writing section. The problem is my Reading Comprehension. I have never been a fast reader. I have problems completing the sections within the alloted time-frame. I do have a medical condition called Amblyopia or "Lazy Eye." I did not request any special accommodations. Am I dead in the water? Has anyone else experienced something similar to my situation, and do you have any suggestions? I am obviously able to comprehend material, it just usually takes me a little more time reading. For example, I did very well in the sciences, I know this is applied knowledge the PCAT is testing in these sections, but at one point I had to comprehend the material in order to learn and apply it.

I also have over 10 years pharmacy experience as a technician and as a Pharmacy Tech teacher.

Please let me know what I should do.

Thanks,

Mike

ok my turn for help
i got my scores
verbal 395-43%
bio401 55%
reading 412 69%
math 402 57%
chem 422 82%
composite 406 63%
i went from a 18% to a 63% so i consider it a success and i am not very very upset

my gpa overall 3.5 and science ~ 3.4
and i am not retaking the pcat in January
my question is should i even apply to pharmacy schools this year??
i can wait till next year retake my pcat in summer and i will also be able to finish my degree by next year..but there is no guarantee that i will get a 90% on my pcat next year so help me out plz
thanx
schools applying to are
buffalo
howard
temple
st john fisher
chicago
and shenodah

If money is not an issue, I would say "apply." But apply only to schools that you have the best chance of getting in. Your score is not too bad and your GPA is competitive. But, what about the other aspects of your application like pharmacy experience and extracurriculars? The good thing about your score now is that it does not have a big red flag (say scoring in the -teens in any of the sections). Plus, you showed good improvement from last time. One thing to consider though: if you don't get accepted this year, you might have to explain that to the adcoms or on the application when you apply again next year. What would you say? So, ask yourself: what is the worse and best thing that could happen if you apply this year? Just my humble opinion.

Okay, this is a little embarrassing. I've applied to Nova. Here are my scores. I just want to note that before I took this test, I only had a Chem 1 background a little bit of business calc and pre-calc. Therefore, no knowledge of Trig or any Organic chemistry. I'm not too happy w/ my chem score but thats because I haven't seen organic, but I'm okay with my overall score. Definitely would retake it if I don't get into Nova.

Verbal 427/87
Biology 419/78
Reading 417/76
Math 415/76
Chemistry 397/49
Composite 415/78

Writing 4.0
Problem Solving 3.5

Worked in a pharmacy for 1 year, strong LORs, extracurriculars and Personal statement. GPA around 3.5-3.6. Do I stand competitive anymore?

Thanks,

Crystal

Any advice would be appreciated:

..................Scaled Score......Percentile Rank
Verbal Ability 414 ---------- 73
Biology 460 ---------- 98
Reading Comp. 393 ---------- 39
Quant. Abil. 402 ---------- 57
Chemistry 442 ---------- 94

Composite 422 ----------- 86

Writing Scores Score/Mean
------------- -----------
Conv. of Lang. 4.0/2.85
Prob. Solving 3.0/2.89

I know my scores seem really weird and inconsistent. Here is my situation.
I have not taken calculus yet, so that explains my Quantitative score. I have a BS in Biology (3.45 GPA), so that explains my Bio and Chem scores. As you can see, my Verbal was fine and I did relatively well in the Writing section. The problem is my Reading Comprehension. I have never been a fast reader. I have problems completing the sections within the alloted time-frame. I do have a medical condition called Amblyopia or "Lazy Eye." I did not request any special accommodations. Am I dead in the water? Has anyone else experienced something similar to my situation, and do you have any suggestions? I am obviously able to comprehend material, it just usually takes me a little more time reading. For example, I did very well in the sciences, I know this is applied knowledge the PCAT is testing in these sections, but at one point I had to comprehend the material in order to learn and apply it.

I also have over 10 years pharmacy experience as a technician and as a Pharmacy Tech teacher.

Please let me know what I should do.

Thanks,

Mike

Apply. You have a competitive composite score. Plus, you have other GREAT things going for you like your teaching experience which screams LEADERship skills, btw. When I got my pcat score my reading score stuck out like a sore thumb, too. Like you said, "at one point I had to comprehend the material in order to learn and apply it." I'm sure, the adcom will realize that. Just my two cents.

Verbal 427/87
Biology 434/90
Reading 428/87
Math 430/89
Chemistry 418/79:thumbdown:

Writing

Conventions 2.0
Problem Solving 3.0

Composite 427/91 (wurd!)

Ironically, I'm a chem major and the chemistry section was all I studied and it's lowest scoring section :laugh:
The writing section is a bit of surprise, I didn't even know there is a writing section. :laugh:

OK guys, now what?

What school should I apply to?

I have zero pharmacy experience and I have full time job right now. Any tips/ suggestions on how to gain some pharmacy experience before the application deadline?

Any help would be appreciated.

ok my turn for help
i got my scores
verbal 395-43%
bio401 55%
reading 412 69%
math 402 57%
chem 422 82%
composite 406 63%
i went from a 18% to a 63% so i consider it a success and i am not very very upset

my gpa overall 3.5 and science ~ 3.4
and i am not retaking the pcat in January
my question is should i even apply to pharmacy schools this year??
i can wait till next year retake my pcat in summer and i will also be able to finish my degree by next year..but there is no guarantee that i will get a 90% on my pcat next year so help me out plz
thanx
schools applying to are
buffalo
howard
temple
st john fisher
chicago
and shenodah

very good for u, i got a 50, then a 70 and this oct a stunin 95. keep on truckin

Volunteer/shadowing experiences always help!

Yes, I understand it would help, but any tips/suggestions on how to gain it?
Should I show up physically to hospital pharmacy asking if they need any volunteers? Or I should go to CVS/Wal-Green asking if they are hiring part time pharmacy tech on weekend?

Thanks in advance.

Ok guys i just got my scores. I am a sophm in college..
Verbal 98
Reading 69
Math 88
Bio 84
Chem 39
Comp 85

i hate HATE chemistry.........I took it in high school and then gen chem 1 and gen chem 2.....thats it....
I m trying to get into uga or Mercer..gpa is like 3.78..
What do u guys think..
Thanks

Just got my scores too:
Verbal: 87
Biology: 87
Reading:92
Quantitative: 98 [ironic, since I left the last 5 questions blank]
Chemistry: 94
Composite: 97

I'm very happy with my scores, all thanks to Kaplan, and all the tips I got from this forum!

Yes, I understand it would help, but any tips/suggestions on how to gain it?
Should I show up physically to hospital pharmacy asking if they need any volunteers? Or I should go to CVS/Wal-Green asking if they are hiring part time pharmacy tech on weekend?

Thanks in advance.

Don't know much about pharmacy techs...as for hospitals, I would call the volunteer office first, so you don't show up there and they tell you they don't have any spots open. For me, I spent the first month in the gift shop, then got transferred to the pharmacy department. You might not be able to volunteer this fall since the semester's almost over, but try calling them anyways. :) You can always volunteer in the spring.

i hate HATE chemistry.........I took it in high school and then gen chem 1 and gen chem 2.....thats it....

No offense but if you hate chemistry why do you want to be a pharmacist? Pharmacy is a chemistry based profession. Even after taking the pcat, you are not done with chemistry as you would have to take medical chemistry, biochemistry and pchem, in some instances. When you get an interview don't say you hate chemistry, just my advice.

No offense but if you hate chemistry why do you want to be a pharmacist? Pharmacy is a chemistry based profession. Even after taking the pcat, you are not done with chemistry as you would have to take medical chemistry, biochemistry and pchem, in some instances. When you get an interview, don't say you hate chemistry, just my advice.

Umm yeah...Being a pharmacist is not just being good in chemistry..there are tons of other skills required such as communication, verbal ability etc....thats why u can see on the PCAT there is only 1 section of chemistry out of possible 5...i do not have a problem with chemistry..I made straight a's on all my freshmen level chem courses...I just simply do not like that course and its content...

Guys.. Now time to humiliate myself...:( .. This is not my first time but it's the first time i chose to score the test... 

Verbal 69%
Bio 74%
Reading 39%
Math 62%
Chemistry 49%
Composite 59%

Writing 3/3

I lost hope for schools that only accept OCT PCAT. Those hundreds of dollar for application fee has been wasted...
I am upset but I can't give up. Several schools school I applied for accept Jan PCAT score. I will sign up for it. ..

Umm yeah...Being a pharmacist is not just being good in chemistry..there are tons of other skills required such as communication, verbal ability etc....thats why u can see on the PCAT there is only 1 section of chemistry out of possible 5...i do not have a problem with chemistry..I made straight a's on all my freshmen level chem courses...I just simply do not like that course and its content...

If I went around saying that I hated reading and that furthering my reading comprehension was a pain, couldn't I make the same argument? Reading comprehension is just one part of the test after all.

By the way, you say that communication is important, but your typing doesn't show that belief.

Composite for me went from an 86 in august to an 84 for october, but that was because I didn't study at all for the october one. If only hardcourt weren't so stingy and made the last day to get refunds the same day I got my scores then I wouldn't have had to waste 6hrs taking it again.

congratz to everyone! my writing score is 2/3. Could someone please tell me if schools really look at this? how much do they weigh this section? My composite score is a 83.

congratz to everyone! my writing score is 2/3. Could someone please tell me if schools really look at this? how much do they weigh this section? My composite score is a 83.

ur composite is really good, as or ur writing thats not bad. maybe u were under pressure to pull a 2 but ur fine if ur gpa is above the min. of the school u want to and u have experience. i thought i would get a 4/4 on writing bc the topic was easy and i poured alot into it and i got a 3/3 but i got a great composite so im good.

August scores.........................................October Scores
Verbal 96..........................................99
Biology 90..........................................94
Reading 92..........................................87
Math 95..........................................98
Chem 69..........................................89
Writing 4,3.........................................3,3.5

Comp 95..........................................99

I'm trying to get into Butler, which is a 0 + 6 school and requires a 75% in each section, which is why I retook. I just had to share my scores with people who understand! I worked so hard for this - I am crying!

Guys.. Now time to humiliate myself...:( .. This is not my first time but it's the first time i chose to score the test... 

Verbal 69%
Bio 74%
Reading 39%
Math 62%
Chemistry 49%
Composite 59%

Writing 3/3

I lost hope for schools that only accept OCT PCAT. Those hundreds of dollar for application fee has been wasted...
I am upset but I can't give up. Several schools school I applied for accept Jan PCAT score. I will sign up for it. ..

i never like that no score option its beyond dumb, i took the pcat and just accpeted what i got an worked where i was weak on. i got a 50, 70 and a 95 so yea thats why u dont choose no score unless ur a freshman in college who wants to glimpse the test. btw i had gotten 20's in reading first time i took pcat. so keep trying.

August scores.........................................October Scores
Verbal 96..........................................99
Biology 90..........................................94
Reading 92..........................................87
Math 95..........................................98
Chem 69..........................................89
Writing 4,3.........................................3,3.5

Comp 95..........................................99

I'm trying to get into Butler, which is a 0 + 6 school and requires a 75% in each section, which is why I retook. I just had to share my scores with people who understand! I worked so hard for this - I am crying!

damnnnn u fat cat, thats sweet. i wouldve gotten ur score if i didnt get a 70 in reading but i wanted to cry too on wednesday. im still stoked. goodjob:thumbup: wait ur 95 wasnt good for them why do u want to go to butler so bad?? geez

Got my scores today.......75 composite 4.0/3.5 for writing. I'm soooooo excited, last time I got a 67.....I feel like a genius:D:D:D

Except you honestly had been dedicating 100% effort in reviewing and practicing the materia since the oct exam, i would say retaking this test in jan. wouldn't be a wise idea.(my honest personal opinion) I would wait and take upper-science classes this winter or practice some more from variety of sources and then take this thing again in the summer and re-appyling very early (as early as july with supps). Doing all this with patients, prayers and determination, that 90% is in yr palm to grab. Delay is not denial because if it is woth doing again, it is worth doing well just my one cent . :luck:

Just as I imagined, I did ok.
verbal 48%
biology 83%
reading 50%(I thought I did a great job. :mad:)
math 97%( I thought I should get 99%)
chemistry 99%
composite 93%
Writing 3/3.5

As an international student, I am satisfied with what I have. After I reviewed the score reports in this forum, I knew having high scores in science would help a lot to improve the composite score. So I can give up verbal and reading. I knew I will be fine after I finished the exam b/c it was not hard at all. Maybe I got lucky, but please don't be scared by what people said here. I will not take the exam in order to improve in verbal and reading. I'm done!!!!!!!!!

i got my scores today

verbal agility: 407/63
biology: 429/87
reading comp: 412/69
quant ability: 422/83
chemistry: 427/87
composite: 419/83

writing
conv of lang: 4
problem solving: 3.5

anyone know if that would be good enough for UH Hilo?

gpa will probably be between 3.0 and 3.5

Anyone ever contested Harcourt (rescoring) and WON? Have you at least heard from someone who did? Two of my subtests I swear I had 90%ile and was really surprised to see 53/65 respectively.

This Oct PCAT was my first.

Verbal - 98
Biology - 87
Reading - 69
Quantitative - 76
Chemistry - 89
Composite - 92

writing 3/3

Schools I'm applying to for Fall 2008:
UMKC
Creighton
SUNY @ Buffalo
University of Washington
MCPHS (even though they don't accept the PCAT)
Midwestern - Downer's Grove
Thomas Jefferson
LECOM
St. John Fisher

My first PCAT as well.
Verbal 78
Biology 45
Reading Comprehension 98
Quantitative Ability 83
Chemistry 49
--
Composite 80

Writing: 3/3.5

I seriously thought I did absolutely horrible and was hoping that I would at least make 60 because I did not study (did not even touch my books) and I knew absolutely no organic chemistry. In fact, I randomly bubbled in about 25 questions in the chemistry section because I did not know them. That explains why I didn't do well in Chemistry. Biology was because I could not recall a lot of the stuff (would have really helped if I reviewed even a little bit). Also, I have not taken anatomy and had quite a few anatomy questions. I really regret not studying now.

I unfortunately have no work experience, but my GPA is about 3.9.

Forgive me for such a dumb question, but do pharmacy schools normally look at composite or individual sections? I realize it likely varies by school. Does anyone know about WVU and Howard?