Off topic: Tacky holiday gifts

Started by squibby
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My grandma does that too!! Last year I won $150, but I wasn't even 21 yet so I had to get my dad to cash it in for me! :laugh:

We get those too! But they are still wrapped. I tore one accidently once, which invalidated it. $20 bucks gone. :-(
 
My grandma does that too!! Last year I won $150, but I wasn't even 21 yet so I had to get my dad to cash it in for me! :laugh:

My aunts and uncles used to give those to us on our birthdays...now that I'm way older, I am thinking that that was a way of saying "I forgot to get you a present, so I got you these from the gas station" :laugh:. It's the thought that counts though. In my stocking, I always get gas cards, candy, and something really inappropriate from someone trying to embarrass me.