***Official 2010-2011 PharmCAS Questions Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does PharmCas update the Transcript Received info the same day they get them?

All 4 of my transcripts were mailed to them the Same day. One was recieved in 2 Weekdays. The other 3 stilll have not been recieved. Its been over a week since they were mailed and they all were mailed from the same state, IL!

I'm really freakin out since my first deadline is tomorrow, Dec 1.

Members don't see this ad.

All 4 of my transcripts were mailed to them the Same day. One was recieved in 2 Weekdays. The other 3 stilll have not been recieved. Its been over a week since they were mailed and they all were mailed from the same state, IL!

Usually.

But not from the same college...right? Each institution has its own timelime for processing requests.

Usually.

But not from the same college...right? Each institution has its own timelime for processing requests.

But I verified with each school. They all MAILED the transcripts the same day just the timing during the day may have varied a little. But they were sent out the same exact day as the 1st one that was recieved since last Tuesday. I am desperately praying that they recieve it by tomorrow.

I dont get it, its been more than 1 week.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys..so i'm applying only to two schools, one is due dec 1st (supplemental also), but i'm planning to submit it tonight. I waited because i didn't want to pay for the application fee lol. Will this look bad because i'm applying right on the deadline or will they not care as long as it's in on time?

hey guys..so i'm applying only to two schools, one is due dec 1st (supplemental also), but i'm planning to submit it tonight. I waited because i didn't want to pay for the application fee lol. Will this look bad because i'm applying right on the deadline or will they not care as long as it's in on time?

I'm not sure what you mean by "bad"... but if it's a rolling admissions school, it's generally said that the longer you wait, the less chance you have of admission. & I'm sure that as long as they receive it on time, they'll still consider you.

3 questions:

1)Ok so I e-submitted my application last night around 1am. I only had one school (Pitt) have a deadline of Dec 1st. Pharmcas kept mailing me and reminding me to submit by today (12/1) at or before 11:59pm.

I went to print out the supplemental app for Pitt and saw on their site "For the University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy the application must be electronically submitted on or before midnight Eastern Standard Time on December 1, 2010."

So does that mean I missed the boat or am I just interpreting it wrong?

2) I am also applying to UMD and I just saw on their pharmcas page that pharmacists recommendations arent accepted. I currently have 3 completed LORs 2 from profs from my uppler level neuroscience classes, and one from a pharmacists I worked with for over a year. He wasnt the pharmacy manager (though he once was) at the time. I am just not sure if they don't allow you just to shadow a pharmacist or if I was family friends with a pharmacist and get a letter from them. Because working in a pharmacy, all pharmacists are directly in charge of you depending on the day. Either way I'd have a month to get my current pharmacy manager to write me a fresh one.

3) I messed up and didn't realize the whole transcript pharmcas deal (pretty stupid looking back). I was so worried about my LORs (one's computer broke in the process, one's wrist broke in the process, and one didnt submit till last week even though he was set months ago), my full time job, my prereqs, and my essay it just went over my head. Right after I realized (sunday night) I got them overnighted by my registrars on Monday morning. One of my schools actually confirmed it was delivered yesterday at 10 am to their street address (so I assume both did). I am sure they are flooded with junk right now, but does pharmcas count the date they recieved it, or the date they actually processed it? I am still hopeful it will be processed today if they got it yesterday and all my worrying is for nothing. But theoretically if they got them yesterday but didnt get to them till next week, would my app be considered late by Pitt?

Kudos to you if you read any or all of that, I know its long!

Remember the system gets very full on the day of the deadline (today) so don't wait until the last minute before midnight eastern time. Submit as soon as possible.

3 questions:

1)Ok so I e-submitted my application last night around 1am. I only had one school (Pitt) have a deadline of Dec 1st. Pharmcas kept mailing me and reminding me to submit by today (12/1) at or before 11:59pm.

I went to print out the supplemental app for Pitt and saw on their site "For the University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy the application must be electronically submitted on or before midnight Eastern Standard Time on December 1, 2010."

So does that mean I missed the boat or am I just interpreting it wrong?

2) I am also applying to UMD and I just saw on their pharmcas page that pharmacists recommendations arent accepted. I currently have 3 completed LORs 2 from profs from my uppler level neuroscience classes, and one from a pharmacists I worked with for over a year. He wasnt the pharmacy manager (though he once was) at the time. I am just not sure if they don't allow you just to shadow a pharmacist or if I was family friends with a pharmacist and get a letter from them. Because working in a pharmacy, all pharmacists are directly in charge of you depending on the day. Either way I'd have a month to get my current pharmacy manager to write me a fresh one.

3) I messed up and didn't realize the whole transcript pharmcas deal (pretty stupid looking back). I was so worried about my LORs (one's computer broke in the process, one's wrist broke in the process, and one didnt submit till last week even though he was set months ago), my full time job, my prereqs, and my essay it just went over my head. Right after I realized (sunday night) I got them overnighted by my registrars on Monday morning. One of my schools actually confirmed it was delivered yesterday at 10 am to their street address (so I assume both did). I am sure they are flooded with junk right now, but does pharmcas count the date they recieved it, or the date they actually processed it? I am still hopeful it will be processed today if they got it yesterday and all my worrying is for nothing. But theoretically if they got them yesterday but didnt get to them till next week, would my app be considered late by Pitt?

Kudos to you if you read any or all of that, I know its long!

1. the deadline is 11:59 PM Eastern Time tonight.

2. If you need a reference from a supervisor then I would suggest that you get one from your current supervisor.

3. PharmCAS counts the day the transcript is received. Check your status in the application portal to be sure that they are marked as received.

FYI - If you need to contact customer service today - they close at 5pm Eastern Time.

Contact PharmCAS customer service at [email protected] or 617-612-2050. Remember they close at 5pm Eastern Time.

Contact PharmCAS customer service at [email protected] or 617-612-2050. Remember they close at 5pm Eastern Time.
Damn so that means if I dont see my transcripts recieved on their site by 5pm, I am not going to Pitt. My own fault completely, but I am sure they have a small army cranking out all they can to meet the deadline. They must be flooded with transcripts.

Damn so that means if I dont see my transcripts recieved on their site by 5pm, I am not going to Pitt. My own fault completely, but I am sure they have a small army cranking out all they can to meet the deadline. They must be flooded with transcripts.

They are definitely busy and flooded with mail and doing their best to get it all sorted and scanned on time. Good Luck!

They are definitely busy and flooded with mail and doing their best to get it all sorted and scanned on time. Good Luck!
Further increasing my stress level is the fact that I took a summer course at a uni and they wouldn't mail the transcript request form with my transcript. Is that crucial? My last name is quite uncommon, but it will probably slow it down some.

1. the deadline is 11:59 PM Eastern Time tonight.

I interpreted "on or before midnight Eastern Standard Time on December 1, 2010" as 12:00am EST 12/1/10, which has already past. Am I missing something here?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interpreted "on or before midnight Eastern Standard Time on December 1, 2010" as 12:00am EST 12/1/10, which has already past. Am I missing something here?

Yes. The PharmCAS deadline is 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time on 12/1/10. You have until midnight tonight.

Further increasing my stress level is the fact that I took a summer course at a uni and they wouldn't mail the transcript request form with my transcript. Is that crucial? My last name is quite uncommon, but it will probably slow it down some.

It's not crucial, but you are correct that it does slow things down some.

from my understanding, as long as it is post-dated on or before the deadline you're fine. that's how CU-denver is, and they're deadline is also today.

from my understanding, as long as it is post-dated on or before the deadline you're fine. that's how CU-denver is, and they're deadline is also today.

Well both mine should have been at their facility for a day. but As of now "003380 UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH - PITTSBURGH Not Received 003359 ROBERT MORRIS UNIVERSITY Not Received "

And its after 5PM so my #1 and # 2 schools are off the list (following what the majority is saying). :(

I still have UMD. Then after that I might have to start applying to LECOM, PCOM and such. I have a strong app (3.95 GPA, BS. Neuro, 87% Pcat, work in a retail pharm), but just procrastinated and worried about the wrong things.

I was wondering if anybody knew if there is some kind of way to chose which letter or recommendations get set out to schools? Most of the schools I'm applying to need 2 but I have 3 references uploaded to pharmcas for those schools that do need 3. Any help will be much appreciated!

I was wondering if anybody knew if there is some kind of way to chose which letter or recommendations get set out to schools? Most of the schools I'm applying to need 2 but I have 3 references uploaded to pharmcas for those schools that do need 3. Any help will be much appreciated!

Nope. All will be sent.

The way it will be chosen is random. Or the school could choose based on role of writer. Or the school may ask on the supplemental.

today is the deadline of Purdue University which I am trying to apply. I have submitted the supplemental app on time. The PHARMCAS deadline is 11:59pm od DEc 1st which is tonight but I am using Central time , not EST, so my time is 11:20 while the EST is already 12:20am ..WHat should I do now???I really freak out
PHARMCAS did not let me add PURDUE as one of my designation anymore >any helpppp???

today is the deadline of Purdue University which I am trying to apply. I have submitted the supplemental app on time. The PHARMCAS deadline is 11:59pm od DEc 1st which is tonight but I am using Central time , not EST, so my time is 11:20 while the EST is already 12:20am ..WHat should I do now???I really freak out
PHARMCAS did not let me add PURDUE as one of my designation anymore >any helpppp???
You won't be able to apply to purdue this cycle, sorry.

3. PharmCAS counts the day the transcript is received. Check your status in the application portal to be sure that they are marked as received.
Could you clarify this for me please? Sorry for so many questions. As I said before my transcripts should have been there Tuesday morning (one I actually confirmed was by ups). It still is not showing as received. I called them, but they just told me they had a lot they were processing right now, understandably so.

Is "date recieved" different than date processed? Ie. if they finally get to processing my transcripts friday, will they mark the "date recieved" on my application as 11/30 (Tuesday) or as 12/3 (Friday).

***Edit:***
Just recieved this email from Pharmcas
"Transcripts are updated with the date that they were processed, not received.
Also, please note that any transcripts that were received through overnight
mail will be delayed by 3-4 days if they lack the transcript request form. If
your transcripts were not processed by that date and you have missed your
PharmCAS deadline, you will need to follow up with your individual pharmacy
designations. For more on PharmCAS deadlines, please read our FAQ here"

Should I even bother "following up with" Pitt? Sounds like most schools are set in stone on this.

Last edited:
Could you clarify this for me please? Sorry for so many questions. As I said before my transcripts should have been there Tuesday morning (one I actually confirmed was by ups). It still is not showing as received. I called them, but they just told me they had a lot they were processing right now, understandably so.

Is "date recieved" different than date processed? Ie. if they finally get to processing my transcripts friday, will they mark the "date recieved" on my application as 11/30 (Tuesday) or as 12/3 (Friday).

***Edit:***
Just recieved this email from Pharmcas
"Transcripts are updated with the date that they were processed, not received.
Also, please note that any transcripts that were received through overnight
mail will be delayed by 3-4 days if they lack the transcript request form. If
your transcripts were not processed by that date and you have missed your
PharmCAS deadline, you will need to follow up with your individual pharmacy
designations. For more on PharmCAS deadlines, please read our FAQ here"

Should I even bother "following up with" Pitt? Sounds like most schools are set in stone on this.

I would suggest following up with them. You never know, they may make an exception. It can't hurt to ask.

Hi
I dont know if this has been addressed here earlier but does anyone know how long it will take for pharmcas to mail the application? I esubmitted it on 8th. And i have added a bunch of schools after that. So i have submissions on 8th, 12th, 22nd, and 29th. Will it mail all of them at the same time? Or does it HAVE to be a certain amount of time after the esubmission of the particular school?

They have received everything. The only thing pending is the gpa calc.

Hi
I dont know if this has been addressed here earlier but does anyone know how long it will take for pharmcas to mail the application? I esubmitted it on 8th. And i have added a bunch of schools after that. So i have submissions on 8th, 12th, 22nd, and 29th. Will it mail all of them at the same time? Or does it HAVE to be a certain amount of time after the esubmission of the particular school?

They have received everything. The only thing pending is the gpa calc.

Your GPA is probably still being calculated. As you already know, this process can take up to six weeks for calculations and apps mailed out to schools. As soon as, your GPA is calculated your information is sent out to the schools. All of them will receive your info at the same time. There is probably a delay in processing due to holiday week. My 3rd LoR has not been sent out for the past two weeks due to the holiday.

Last edited:
I would suggest following up with them. You never know, they may make an exception. It can't hurt to ask.
Just to update everyone on the situation. Even though being told by about 8 pharmcas people that it is updated same day, and my one script without a transcript request attached would probably take an extra 4 days, I GOT IT IN ON TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so relieved. "003380 UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH - PITTSBURGH 12/01/2010 003359 ROBERT MORRIS UNIVERSITY 12/01/2010 " This was updated late today 12/2 (after 4 or so). So there is still hope for some of you out there.

hi guys !!! i just want to know which of these major is better for pharmacists ? currently im in san jose state university and is it possible to take 2 years here and transfer to a pharm school ? thanks a bunch :D

hi guys !!! i just want to know which of these major is better for pharmacists ? currently im in san jose state university and is it possible to take 2 years here and transfer to a pharm school ? thanks a bunch :D
I would say biochem as that is pretty much what pharmacy is. But the real answer is anything that youre passionate about and in turn will work hard to get good grades in. As long as you have the prereqs done, it won't really matter.

Reactions: 1 user

Neither. That's what pharmacy school is for. If you're thinking California schools, then it's almost impossible with just 2 years.

Reactions: 1 user
do gpa calculations start from the time you submit the application? does it really take 6 weeks?

do gpa calculations start from the time you submit the application? does it really take 6 weeks?

Technically yes. Submission with payment queues your app for verification. No, it won't take 6 weeks to calculate...but it'll take probably 4+ because of increasing volume and upcoming holidays. 5+ before it gets mailed out.

I am worried bez my school for fall 2010 ends on 20th DEC and afterwards it take 1 more week for my professors to upload my grades........In this case how I fill my grades in Pharmcas........When academic window for Pharmcas will open?????? Plz help me out.........Any suggestions???????:confused:

I am worried bez my school for fall 2010 ends on 20th DEC and afterwards it take 1 more week for my professors to upload my grades........In this case how I fill my grades in Pharmcas........When academic window for Pharmcas will open?????? Plz help me out.........Any suggestions???????:confused:

The Academic Update window will open on December 15, 2010, following the completion of the fall 2010 term, and close on February 15, 2011. That's more than enough time. Check the website (PharmCAS) for more info.

I submitted mine Nov. 11th and still have not had my gpa calculated. Sort of nerve-wracking as some of the schools I applied to were due Dec. 1st. My own fault though for waiting so long, of course.

I submitted mine Nov. 11th and still have not had my gpa calculated. Sort of nerve-wracking as some of the schools I applied to were due Dec. 1st. My own fault though for waiting so long, of course.

Well, I submitted my app on November 1st, and I've still been waiting since then. Anyone else in the same boat?

So I had an issue submitting my application to a school and missed the Dec 1st deadline. I went to the admissions office the next day (Dec 2nd) to ask about an extension. They told me not to worry about an extension because they were in meetings with PharmCAS all day pushing the entire deadline back. But now it's Dec 6th and the deadline still says Dec 1st online. How long would it take them to update the deadline change? Does the fact that it's not changed yet mean they're not changing it? I'm freaking out.

Well, I submitted my app on November 1st, and I've still been waiting since then. Anyone else in the same boat?

November 6th for me, still waiting....

Pharmcas just finished calculating my gpa, so Nov. 11---->Dec. 7, or approximately 4 weeks. Wazzz and nkmho1, you should probably hear back soon as well then since you submitted before I did. Perhaps yours are just taking so long because Pharmcas is having trouble sorting out all the truth from the lies when you submitted your coursework. :p

Pharmcas just finished calculating my gpa, so Nov. 11---->Dec. 7, or approximately 4 weeks. Wazzz and nkmho1, you should probably hear back soon as well then since you submitted before I did. Perhaps yours are just taking so long because Pharmcas is having trouble sorting out all the truth from the lies when you submitted your coursework. :p

Yeah, I've got something like 19 semesters of courses in there, so maybe they don't want to touch that thing for a while. :laugh:

Yeah, I've got something like 19 semesters of courses in there, so maybe they don't want to touch that thing for a while. :laugh:

Same, I feel sort of bad for the people working at Pharmcas. It took me days to input all of my classes–at least they are getting paid to do it though.

when u submitted on the 11th was ur application complete? were ur transcripts received before u submitted and everything?

quick question, i got the automated message that my application has been verified and will be mailed out. i got this message last friday, and was under the impression that they mail things out every monday? i checked my app status and it still says they havent been mailed out yet. what does this mean?

I'm in the same boat as you - I got my email Thursday and it still hasn't been sent!

It took my app 11 days to be sent from the date it was verified.

So I had an issue submitting my application to a school and missed the Dec 1st deadline. I went to the admissions office the next day (Dec 2nd) to ask about an extension. They told me not to worry about an extension because they were in meetings with PharmCAS all day pushing the entire deadline back. But now it's Dec 6th and the deadline still says Dec 1st online. How long would it take them to update the deadline change? Does the fact that it's not changed yet mean they're not changing it? I'm freaking out.

If the school is still available to choose as a designation then their deadline has been extended. If it is not available then you missed the deadline.

I just got my gpa calculated. It includes both the grades for a repeated course.
But when pharmcas sends it out to schools, will the schools replace the lower grade or atleast average it out?

I just got my gpa calculated. It includes both the grades for a repeated course.
But when pharmcas sends it out to schools, will the schools replace the lower grade or atleast average it out?

Including both grades is almost the same as averaging it out... except it just has twice the weight than usual.

They will replace it if that's the school's policy.

My PharmCAS app says "date received": 12/2/10 does this literally mean it arrived in their mailbox on 12/2? Some people suggested that means it's when they processed it, is this true? I know for a fact my school mailed it more than a week before 12/2 and it does not take that long to travel a couple states. Plus, it seems bizarre they would waste their time just acknowledging that it's in their mailbox but they are just putting it in a pile to collect dust for now while they work on other transcripts. This may be wishful thinking though...

Also, once I e-submit my stuff to a school (and pay the fee, blahblah), even if the status is "not yet mailed" do they have some type of access to my application online? If someone in admissions is specifically waiting for my application can they log-in and find my info on PharmCAS?

thanks in advance :)

My PharmCAS app says "date received": 12/2/10 does this literally mean it arrived in their mailbox on 12/2? Some people suggested that means it's when they processed it, is this true? I know for a fact my school mailed it more than a week before 12/2 and it does not take that long to travel a couple states. Plus, it seems bizarre they would waste their time just acknowledging that it's in their mailbox but they are just putting it in a pile to collect dust for now while they work on other transcripts. This may be wishful thinking though...

Also, once I e-submit my stuff to a school (and pay the fee, blahblah), even if the status is "not yet mailed" do they have some type of access to my application online? If someone in admissions is specifically waiting for my application can they log-in and find my info on PharmCAS?

thanks in advance :)

The staff at PharmCAS are working diligently to process all of the transcripts received. If your transcript says that it was received on 12/2, then that is the date that it was received at PharmCAS (remember you mailed it during a holiday week so it may have taken longer in the mail than you expect). It takes 4 to 5 weeks for PharmCAS to process and verify your transcripts once they have been received AND you have e-submitted and paid. The process will not begin until you have e-submitted and paid.

Most schools will not review your application until it has been verified and mailed to them. They are not likely to login and review it until it has been verified.

Status
Not open for further replies.