***Official 2010-2011 PharmCAS Questions Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For future reference, PharmCAS has a Facebook page. You can post questions there and someone from PharmCAS will provide an answer. Obviously they won't answer late at night though.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, if you go back and read your acceptance letter it is most likely conditional based on your performance in Fall 2010 and Spring 2011. You should submit academic update.

Actually, I finally got a response back from the admissions director and he told me that as long as I am going to the school, academic update is not necessary, only final transcripts.

On my acceptance letter, though, it only requires I complete one class which I am taking this quarter, and obtain my bachelor's.

For future reference, PharmCAS has a Facebook page. You can post questions there and someone from PharmCAS will provide an answer. Obviously they won't answer late at night though.

Nope and I don't usually answer on the weekends either. I also took a vacation over the holidays :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I figured out the answer to my question, PharmCAS recently e-mailed me saying that they finished calculating my GPA.

I listed Fall 2010 as in progress.

Glad that you figured it out :)

My transcripts have now been verified and Pharmcas really did a number on my GPA!! It is AT LEAST a half a point lower than what I thought it should be. They say my cumulative GPA is LESS than 3.0. I feel like my chances for acceptance just went in the toilet!:eek: Anybody else feeling the same?

for my first year of coursework, i knew it all had to be lower level material. I know I'm a sophomore now, and would assume that organic chemistry 2, Anatomy and physiology 2 and microbiology are all lower level fresh/soph courses (not upper level).

I've never seen anything official telling me what level the courses I take are considered..that I recall anyway.

would these courses be lower level?

Silly me :rolleyes:

I just now found the place to enter your PCAT CID in the PharmCAS application. I entered it and was able to save just fine. Problem is, I e-submitted a few days ago. Well, it may not be a problem, which is why I'm asking this question: will that be a problem?

I am assuming not, but I am interested if anybody else has come upon this issue.

for my first year of coursework, i knew it all had to be lower level material. I know I'm a sophomore now, and would assume that organic chemistry 2, Anatomy and physiology 2 and microbiology are all lower level fresh/soph courses (not upper level).

I've never seen anything official telling me what level the courses I take are considered..that I recall anyway.

would these courses be lower level?
The numbering system of your college indicates the course level. Usually, if the first number is 1 or 2, it's freshman or sophomore; if the number starts with 3 or 4, it's junior or senior

Also, protip: Microbiology is often an upper-division course.

Silly me :rolleyes:

I just now found the place to enter your PCAT CID in the PharmCAS application. I entered it and was able to save just fine. Problem is, I e-submitted a few days ago. Well, it may not be a problem, which is why I'm asking this question: will that be a problem?

I am assuming not, but I am interested if anybody else has come upon this issue.

It should not be a problem.

Mailings go out on Mondays. If you received the email last week, then it will be mailed on Monday.

I received an email last Fri (1/7) that my info will be mailed out next batch and its Tuesday and it still doesn't say that it has been sent? :(

Hi everyone

I just got an interview from CNSP on January 28th. Dose anyone got an interview that day?
It is my first interview and need a lot of help

Hi everyone

I just got an interview from CNSP on January 28th. Dose anyone got an interview that day?
It is my first interview and need a lot of help

Hi Tinas! Welcome to SDN :0) You should check out the interview feedback for CNCP. It helped me prepared for my interviews. Good luck! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
PharmCAS sent me this today:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting PharmCAS. Due to the inclement weather the Northeast is experiencing, our customer support office is currently closed. We will reply to your email in the order it was received. Thank you for your understanding in the possible delay of our response.

___

Maybe its just because I'm from Minnesota, but they close because its snowing outside?!

Hello,

Thank you for contacting PharmCAS. Due to the inclement weather the Northeast is experiencing, our customer support office is currently closed. We will reply to your email in the order it was received. Thank you for your understanding in the possible delay of our response.

___

Maybe its just because I'm from Minnesota, but they close because its snowing outside?!

BINGO! LOL :p:D:p;)

I received an email last Fri (1/7) that my info will be mailed out next batch and its Tuesday and it still doesn't say that it has been sent? :(

If you received the email on Friday it will be the following Monday that it will go out (1/17).

Hello,

___

It was actually a pretty severe storm that shut down most of the east coast. It's more important that we keep the staff safe than ask them to brave that kind of weather.

A couple of questions about transcripts and deadlines. I sent in my transcript in November, and then I sent another transcript with fall grades about a week ago. First, how long does it usually take for pharmcas to receive the transcripts and scan them in? I know they have been closed due to weather, but just a rough estimate is what I am looking for. Second, do schools strictly enforce the deadline for the receipt of fall grades? Most of my deadlines are February 1, and my school sent the transcripts with about 4 weeks of time before the deadline, but I am still worried with the weather and things that it might get delayed/lost, and I don't want that to ruin my admissions chances. Also, all of my other grades have been in since November, and I submitted my application in time as well. Thanks a lot!

A couple of questions about transcripts and deadlines. I sent in my transcript in November, and then I sent another transcript with fall grades about a week ago. First, how long does it usually take for pharmcas to receive the transcripts and scan them in? I know they have been closed due to weather, but just a rough estimate is what I am looking for. Second, do schools strictly enforce the deadline for the receipt of fall grades? Most of my deadlines are February 1, and my school sent the transcripts with about 4 weeks of time before the deadline, but I am still worried with the weather and things that it might get delayed/lost, and I don't want that to ruin my admissions chances. Also, all of my other grades have been in since November, and I submitted my application in time as well. Thanks a lot!

The time it takes for PharmCAS to received your transcripts is dependent on how the school sent them (standard delivery, expedited, etc). PharmCAS was only closed for one day due to the weather and has since reopened. Monitor your profile in the status box to see when the transcripts are received.

I'm kind of in the same situation as you kmsny923 but my deadline was Jan 5. I called and one of the reps told me that they take up to 12 days after they receive the transcripts to put it in(so that's 15-17 days for me) and 5 weeks after that to calculate GPA..so pretty much 2 months after we submit everything is when the app will finally be finished. : /

Either less applicants or more staff would make everything go quicker..

Wow 12 days huh? I know there are a lot of applicants - I just hope that pharmacy schools are understanding about that and don't reject applications because it wasn't scanned in by the deadline. I mean you can only send fall grades so fast lol.

I got accepted to a school that partiicpates in the background check through pharmCAS, I got accepted like a month ago and pharmCAS still hasn't emailed me the link to do the background check- how long does that take!?

Hey all,

I have a question and I e-mailed PharmCAS yesterday but still haven't gotten a response. I know they must be busy answering a ton of questions, but every day I wait could be jeopardizing me, so hopefully some trusty SDNers can help me out a little quicker :)

I very recently e-submitted my Academic Update. I noticed that a new line has appeared in my transcript status page, along with "Not Received" in the Date Received column. However, it also shows two transcripts received from my school, one on 12/07/2010 and one on 12/28/2010. The transcript received on 12/28/2010 was an updated transcript containing my Fall 2010 grades (the grades which I updated on my Academic Update). Is there a reason I would need to send PharmCAS another (100% identical) copy of my transcript?

thank you in advance for any help!

and if anyone knows anything about the background checks, much appreciated...

I got accepted to a school that partiicpates in the background check through pharmCAS, I got accepted like a month ago and pharmCAS still hasn't emailed me the link to do the background check- how long does that take!?

It depends on the school. Some schools wait until the Spring to have you do the background check.

Hey all,

I have a question and I e-mailed PharmCAS yesterday but still haven't gotten a response. I know they must be busy answering a ton of questions, but every day I wait could be jeopardizing me, so hopefully some trusty SDNers can help me out a little quicker :)

I very recently e-submitted my Academic Update. I noticed that a new line has appeared in my transcript status page, along with "Not Received" in the Date Received column. However, it also shows two transcripts received from my school, one on 12/07/2010 and one on 12/28/2010. The transcript received on 12/28/2010 was an updated transcript containing my Fall 2010 grades (the grades which I updated on my Academic Update). Is there a reason I would need to send PharmCAS another (100% identical) copy of my transcript?

thank you in advance for any help!

You should not have to send another copy. The "Not Received" line is for your academic update. Once they get to processing your application they will see that your Fall grades have been received and they will update it. Just make sure that you get a response from customer service. Most emails are answered in 2 business days.

You should not have to send another copy. The "Not Received" line is for your academic update. Once they get to processing your application they will see that your Fall grades have been received and they will update it. Just make sure that you get a response from customer service. Most emails are answered in 2 business days.

Thanks for your help Jen! I finally found out that the confusion was due to a mistake on my registrar's end. I gave them a request to send the transcript after Fall grades were in but there was a filing error and they ended up sending PharmCAS another transcript without my Fall grades.

Thanks for your help Jen! I finally found out that the confusion was due to a mistake on my registrar's end. I gave them a request to send the transcript after Fall grades were in but there was a filing error and they ended up sending PharmCAS another transcript without my Fall grades.

Glad that you got it all figured out :)

My university sent my transcript to pharmcas on 12/28 but did not include the transcript request form. Pharmcas is still saying they havent processed my transcipt....do you think they will process it by the 2/1 deadline?? :scared:

I am in the same predicament as the above poster, and I'm really starting to stress about whether everything will be done in time. Although I knew that I was getting everything turned in a little later then I would've liked, I didn't really think I was waiting till the last minute... but now it seems like that's how it's going to turn out.

I ordered my official transcripts around the 20th of December but it looks like booth schools sat on them until after the new year because they didn't show up on my pharmcas page until a few days ago, and both show as being received 01/14/11. The deadline for my primary school of interest is also on 02/01/11 and if it really does take pharmcas 4-5 weeks to process and send out the apps then I am in big trouble. I know that pharmcas probably processes the apps on a first come, first serve basis but you would hope they might also look at the applicants pharmacy school deadlines and possibly expedite the ones that are coming up. Who Knows....? So is anybody else in a similar predicament? Or has anybody else gone through a similar situation and have any advice?

To the above poster.. If pharmacs does take 4-5 weeks to process the apps, I don't know how much this will help, but I know that there is an option to send the transcripts overnight to a separate address if you are thinking of resending.

I am in the same predicament as the above poster, and I'm really starting to stress about whether everything will be done in time. Although I knew that I was getting everything turned in a little later then I would've liked, I didn't really think I was waiting till the last minute... but now it seems like that's how it's going to turn out.

I ordered my official transcripts around the 20th of December but it looks like booth schools sat on them until after the new year because they didn't show up on my pharmcas page until a few days ago, and both show as being received 01/14/11. The deadline for my primary school of interest is also on 02/01/11 and if it really does take pharmcas 4-5 weeks to process and send out the apps then I am in big trouble. I know that pharmcas probably processes the apps on a first come, first serve basis but you would hope they might also look at the applicants pharmacy school deadlines and possibly expedite the ones that are coming up. Who Knows....? So is anybody else in a similar predicament? Or has anybody else gone through a similar situation and have any advice?

To the above poster.. If pharmacs does take 4-5 weeks to process the apps, I don't know how much this will help, but I know that there is an option to send the transcripts overnight to a separate address if you are thinking of resending.

It does not matter how long it takes PharmCAS to process your app. As long as you e-submitted before the deadline it counts as being on time, regardless of when they actually receive it.

*And by "they" I mean the schools.

Last edited:
It does not matter how long it takes PharmCAS to process your app. As long as you e-submitted before the deadline it counts as being on time, regardless of when they actually receive it.

*And by "they" I mean the schools.

Seriously!? If that's actually the case, then this just made my weekend! Are you sure that this applies to all pharmacy schools? My primary choice of schoos is also UF, and today I tried talking to several people from their admissions dept but they could not confirm exactly how this worked. They finally were able to direct me to the correct person that I would need to talk to about this, but I had to leave a message and now I'm pretty sure I probably wont hear anything back until Monday. So I'm hopping you are correct! Thanks for the reply!

Last edited:
Seriously!? If that's actually the case, then this just made my weekend! Are you sure that this applies to all pharmacy schools? My primary choice of schoos is also UF, and today I tried talking to several people from their admissions dept but they could not confirm exactly how this worked. They finally were able to direct me to the correct person that I would need to talk to about this, but I had to leave a message and now I'm pretty sure I probably wont hear anything back until Monday. So I'm hopping you are correct! Thanks for the reply!

That is the impression that I got from the wording on websites, that they know it takes PharmCAS a while to verify grades. Here is the application procedures website for UF, and it says that applicants must submit materials by Feb 1, not necessarily that they need to receive them by the 1st (except of course the supplemental info). http://www.cop.ufl.edu/education/student-affairs/admissions/application-procedures/

To me that sounds like we should be fine- I am also applying to UF :) Maybe post when you hear back from them- I am curious what they say! I talked to someone from Mercer about this and they said their concern is simply it was e-submitted by the deadline. Hopefully that is everyone!

That is the impression that I got from the wording on websites, that they know it takes PharmCAS a while to verify grades. Here is the application procedures website for UF, and it says that applicants must submit materials by Feb 1, not necessarily that they need to receive them by the 1st (except of course the supplemental info). http://www.cop.ufl.edu/education/student-affairs/admissions/application-procedures/

To me that sounds like we should be fine- I am also applying to UF :) Maybe post when you hear back from them- I am curious what they say! I talked to someone from Mercer about this and they said their concern is simply it was e-submitted by the deadline. Hopefully that is everyone!

You are both fine as long as you e-submitted by the deadline. :)

I recently submitted PharmCAS, which means I have Fall 2010 courses as completed. In October, I sent in my transcripts without those courses. I have to send in my updated transcripts, correct?

Edit: I'm reading everything in this thread and I'm really beginning to worry. My school's deadline is February 1st, and I completely forgot about updating my transcripts before e-submitting. I know there's the Academic Update window but I submitted a couple days ago with Fall 2010 as completed. The transcripts I sent in are only from my years prior.

Would it be okay if I sent in my transcripts? Do I even have to? Oh man I'm hating myself right now.

Last edited:
I recently submitted PharmCAS, which means I have Fall 2010 courses as completed. In October, I sent in my transcripts without those courses. I have to send in my updated transcripts, correct?

Edit: I'm reading everything in this thread and I'm really beginning to worry. My school's deadline is February 1st, and I completely forgot about updating my transcripts before e-submitting. I know there's the Academic Update window but I submitted a couple days ago with Fall 2010 as completed. The transcripts I sent in are only from my years prior.

Would it be okay if I sent in my transcripts? Do I even have to? Oh man I'm hating myself right now.

I'm a little confused by your message, but it sounds like you need to send in your Fall 2010 transcripts. Remember they should be RECEIVED by Feb 1.

You are both fine as long as you e-submitted by the deadline. :)

Thanks for the reply. I heard back from UF today and they basically said the same thing, that I should be fine as long as everything was submitted and paid for by the deadline

Hey I am in the exact same situation, and here is what happened to me (though you should probably wait to hear from PharmCAS). I e-submitted on Jan 5, but I had sent my transcript at the end of October without Fall grades obviously. When I submitted, I listed Fall grades as complete, but when PharmCAS verified my GPA this weekend, they went in and changed my Fall grades back to planned/in progress, as they said it would expedite my application. Once they receive the Fall grades, they said they would change it back. I sent my Fall grades on Jan 6, and they haven't verified receipt of them yet, but apparently it takes about 20 business days from the day they are sent. So my app is going to schools without those grades even though I put them in. I think you did a good thing sending the transcripts so early because it is taking them a little while to process transcripts being sent now. You still need to send Fall grades, but just be aware that there is a bigger delay now than there was when you sent them in the Fall.

I'm a little confused by your message, but it sounds like you need to send in your Fall 2010 transcripts. Remember they should be RECEIVED by Feb 1.

Okay now I'm freaking out, my transcript was mailed 12/28 but still isn't shown as received!!! I resent it on 1/14, now just praying it gets there in time :eek::eek:

Should it be listed as received by Feb 1? Crap. I wouldn't have been able to send out my transcripts until they fixed a grade anyway. It got sent out earlier today, and I've been reading it takes 20 days to process? Boo :(

It took around 8 days to process since being sent out for my transcripts in October.

Hopefully everything turns out for the best for everyone.

I sent my transcripts on december 17th. At one school they recieved it on the 22nd. So I know PharmCAS recieved mine. I called when they still had not shown up as recieved and figured out they had "not" recieved them. I gone ahead and resent them when the lady said she did not find them. I know they lost them or something. They did not tell me they found them but the same day I told them i would resend them they posted on pharmCAS as recieved on like the 7th of January. They then recieved the ones I resent again and moved the recieved date. They still have not processed them. I am sure it is because there are so many ppls GPAs to calculate but it is a little dumb that they keep losing the transcripts it sounds like or not getting with it.

The transcripts are very stressful- I feel everyone's pain! I called the schools I am applying to and they said it would be okay of fall grades were not received by the 1st, but that is probably not a universal policy. If you are really worried, I would call the schools themselves and explain the situation, because PharmCAS can only move so fast and I think they understand that. Regardless I hope mine gets there soon as well because I just want everything to be on time and have nothing interfere with admissions! I talked to someone who sent theirs on the 4th of January and hers was posted this past Monday as being received on the 14th, so obviously they are getting the transcripts it is just taking quite a bit of time to put them in our apps!

The transcripts are very stressful- I feel everyone's pain! I called the schools I am applying to and they said it would be okay of fall grades were not received by the 1st, but that is probably not a universal policy. If you are really worried, I would call the schools themselves and explain the situation, because PharmCAS can only move so fast and I think they understand that. Regardless I hope mine gets there soon as well because I just want everything to be on time and have nothing interfere with admissions! I talked to someone who sent theirs on the 4th of January and hers was posted this past Monday as being received on the 14th, so obviously they are getting the transcripts it is just taking quite a bit of time to put them in our apps!

Thank you for being so logical in your response! The schools do understand how busy it is at PharmCAS and will most likely listen to your plight. I know that it is frustrating to not know if your transcripts have been received, but I can guarantee you that PharmCAS is working to get them all scanned in as fast as they can.

I am in Boston right now at the PharmCAS office and there are at least 5 buckets of PharmCAS mail containing transcripts waiting to be scanned, and 2 buckets of transcripts that need to be identified because they arrived without the transcript request form. Please note that they are all being scanned with the day that they are received not the day that they are scanned in - so you should meet your deadline if you sent it in early enough. PharmCAS is working overtime and has brought in additional staff to handle the load, so please be patient. As you can imagine, the scanning process is not instantaneous (it takes time for the computer to scan/download the images) and with more than 10,000 pieces of mail, it can be a lot of work.

Another thing to take note of is the weather. The east coast has been hit very hard over the last few weeks and that slows your registrar (if you are hit with weather), the mail, and even some of the staff at PharmCAS. Although, while most of Boston (and the east coast) had a snow day today, the staff at PharmCAS trudged through the snow (and there is a ton of it!) and worked today.

Sorry for your frustration!

Wow I appreciate you all going to work today! The bad weather seems to be non-stop this winter :eek: Hope everyone stays safe and warm!

Appreciate it. I checked the profile status a few minutes, both my fall transcripts and academic update was processed today. tks again.:D

Thank you for being so logical in your response! The schools do understand how busy it is at PharmCAS and will most likely listen to your plight. I know that it is frustrating to not know if your transcripts have been received, but I can guarantee you that PharmCAS is working to get them all scanned in as fast as they can.

I am in Boston right now at the PharmCAS office and there are at least 5 buckets of PharmCAS mail containing transcripts waiting to be scanned, and 2 buckets of transcripts that need to be identified because they arrived without the transcript request form. Please note that they are all being scanned with the day that they are received not the day that they are scanned in - so you should meet your deadline if you sent it in early enough. PharmCAS is working overtime and has brought in additional staff to handle the load, so please be patient. As you can imagine, the scanning process is not instantaneous (it takes time for the computer to scan/download the images) and with more than 10,000 pieces of mail, it can be a lot of work.

Another thing to take note of is the weather. The east coast has been hit very hard over the last few weeks and that slows your registrar (if you are hit with weather), the mail, and even some of the staff at PharmCAS. Although, while most of Boston (and the east coast) had a snow day today, the staff at PharmCAS trudged through the snow (and there is a ton of it!) and worked today.

Sorry for your frustration!

Hi, all,

I did not e-submit pharmacs application yet. Since I was thinking of not using pharmcas, I just submitted one fall transcripts only which was updated. One transcript was mailed on this Wednesday and one was requested on that day(they said they would mail Thursday).

The school I want to apply said they still have spots for late February and early March interviews(rolling admission) so told me to apply as soon as possible.

If my transcripts do not arrive by Feb. 1, would my application be invalid?Without knowing if the applicaiton is valid or not, do I have to submit supplemental?

I read all the posts but am still not sure.
Thanks.

Hi, all,

I did not e-submit pharmacs application yet. Since I was thinking of not using pharmcas, I just submitted one fall transcripts only which was updated. One transcript was mailed on this Wednesday and one was requested on that day(they said they would mail Thursday).

The school I want to apply said they still have spots for late February and early March interviews(rolling admission) so told me to apply as soon as possible.

If my transcripts do not arrive by Feb. 1, would my application be invalid?Without knowing if the applicaiton is valid or not, do I have to submit supplemental?

I read all the posts but am still not sure.
Thanks.

For your application to be complete by the deadline you have to have e-submitted and your transcripts must be received at PharmCAS by the deadline listed for the schools that you are interested in. Each school sets their own deadline for their supplemental application so you will need to check the school page.

That being said, I would not wait until the deadline date to e-submit. Traffic on the site gets very busy on deadline days.

BTW all of this information is in the application instructions ;)

Because the last interview date for the school is about ten days later the supplemental deadline, I wondered if I ever have a chance for review.
Thank you for your kind response :)

JenAthay;10538793]For your application to be complete by the deadline you have to have e-submitted and your transcripts must be received at PharmCAS by the deadline listed for the schools that you are interested in. Each school sets their own deadline for their supplemental application so you will need to check the school page.

That being said, I would not wait until the deadline date to e-submit. Traffic on the site gets very busy on deadline days.

BTW all of this information is in the application instructions ;)[/QUOTE]

Because the last interview date for the school is about ten days later the supplemental deadline, I wondered if I ever have a chance for review.
Thank you for your kind response :)

JenAthay;10538793]For your application to be complete by the deadline you have to have e-submitted and your transcripts must be received at PharmCAS by the deadline listed for the schools that you are interested in. Each school sets their own deadline for their supplemental application so you will need to check the school page.

BTW all of this information is in the application instructions ;)
[/QUOTE]

You never know...it can't hurt to try :)

Just out of curiosity, does the mailing status under pharmacy designations change after it has been mailed? To say something like delivered. Just wondering!

Status
Not open for further replies.