-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
- Home
- Forums
- Physician and Resident Communities (MD / DO)
- Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties
- Gastroenterology
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Official 2012-2013 GI fellowship application cycle
Started by Tysabry
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just finished my cv and personal statement and contacted all of my letter writers. Any thoughts on current top programs? It's impossible to find a legitimate, "official" gi fellowship rank, but I figure peer consensus among this group of people would suffice in the mean time.Hey guys,
ERAS opens in a few months, how are you getting ready?
Lets share thoughts.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long is your personal statement and in what size font?
How long is your personal statement and in what size font?
Mine is just over a page with 11 pt font. This is the hardest part of the application I think. Certainly not anything that will get you a fellowship on its own, but could potentially get your application tossed out if it's no good.
Good luck to all! Let's keep this thread updated throughout the invitations and interviews!
I wonder how long it will take to begin receiving messages from programs...
I saw a lot of programs that have deadlines in August so my guess is that they wouldn't start offering until that time. I doubt there will be much action until August 1 at least.
How come there aren't that many people on the GI forums? There are a lot more in the Cardiology forums...hmmm...
Good to know we are all going through this together...
🙂
Maybe this year is a fluke and there aren't that many people applying, thus vastly increasing all of our chances for a successful match

A guy can dream can't he?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you know why some programs haven't downloaded applications yet?
Because they haven't.
Maybe they have better things to do, like take care of the new fellows who started 2 weeks ago.
Hi Everyone,
I am in the midst of applying for a GI fellowship position this year as well, and I would love if we all can keep this site active. I got a lot of useful info for my residency application, and I hope all of us can stop by here with interview updates, impressions, info, etc.
I applied to a bunch of programs, and hopefully this will be a successful year!
Can't believe I'm going to be in this position again; nervously waiting and checking my email to see whether there is anything in my inbox.
Good Luck everybody!
I am in the midst of applying for a GI fellowship position this year as well, and I would love if we all can keep this site active. I got a lot of useful info for my residency application, and I hope all of us can stop by here with interview updates, impressions, info, etc.
I applied to a bunch of programs, and hopefully this will be a successful year!
Can't believe I'm going to be in this position again; nervously waiting and checking my email to see whether there is anything in my inbox.
Good Luck everybody!
Hi guys,
On my ADTS page, my ERAS application and personal statement are in " *N/A" status.
*N/A (Not Applicable): This document cannot be updated once it has been submitted to the ERAS PostOffice.
What does that mean?? Thanks.
One of my LOR was not uploaded successfully. Appears as 'not uploade'. I informed the LOR writer to reupload. Does it make my application "incomplete"? I have 4 LORs, that LOR is not from PD.''Thanks
On my ADTS page, my ERAS application and personal statement are in " *N/A" status.
*N/A (Not Applicable): This document cannot be updated once it has been submitted to the ERAS PostOffice.
What does that mean?? Thanks.
One of my LOR was not uploaded successfully. Appears as 'not uploade'. I informed the LOR writer to reupload. Does it make my application "incomplete"? I have 4 LORs, that LOR is not from PD.''Thanks
Hello to all future endoscopists,
Guess by now we have all submitted our applications and are now waiting with crossed fingers.
Its silence yet...
Guess its a good idea to start posting interviews and rejections here!
With the new cycle, only god knows when the interviews will be sent out.
good luck everyone!!!
🙂
Guess by now we have all submitted our applications and are now waiting with crossed fingers.
Its silence yet...
Guess its a good idea to start posting interviews and rejections here!
With the new cycle, only god knows when the interviews will be sent out.
good luck everyone!!!
🙂
Received email today from UCSF requesting more information as to fellowship track. People are starting to look at applications I believe.
Hey Guys, I am also applying for GI for July 2013 start.
I have submitted my application with two of my letters already and have sent in my third letter already but it has not been uploaded to the ERAS Site. Since I didn't know how long the letter was going to take to be sent by the attending, I already submitted my ERAS application with 2 LoR instead of the required 3 LoR for most programs. (i figured rolling interviews) Will this make a big deal on whether or not I get interviews? What do you think? Most programs have already downloaded my applicants and what not (8/10) but with only two letters, not three
Anyone hear from any programs yet in Michigan, Illinois, or Ohio?
I have submitted my application with two of my letters already and have sent in my third letter already but it has not been uploaded to the ERAS Site. Since I didn't know how long the letter was going to take to be sent by the attending, I already submitted my ERAS application with 2 LoR instead of the required 3 LoR for most programs. (i figured rolling interviews) Will this make a big deal on whether or not I get interviews? What do you think? Most programs have already downloaded my applicants and what not (8/10) but with only two letters, not three
Anyone hear from any programs yet in Michigan, Illinois, or Ohio?
I didn't say I received an interview, just that they seem to be getting ready to start screening applicants, I'm sure everyone will get that email if they applied there.
I didn't say I received an interview, just that they seem to be getting ready to start screening applicants, I'm sure everyone will get that email if they applied there.
I received the same request from UCSF today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,
On my ADTS page, my ERAS application and personal statement are in " *N/A" status.
*N/A (Not Applicable): This document cannot be updated once it has been submitted to the ERAS PostOffice.
What does that mean?? Thanks.
One of my LOR was not uploaded successfully. Appears as 'not uploade'. I informed the LOR writer to reupload. Does it make my application "incomplete"? I have 4 LORs, that LOR is not from PD.''Thanks
This means that you cannot change or edit these documents once you submitted your application and made it final. In contrast, you can upload more letters if you wish. Rest assured, they received your application.
Would one (or more) of you tell me why you want to scope butts the rest of your lives? I don't get it. Is the work actually interesting?
thanx
thanx
//I received the same request from UCSF today.
When did you apply ? I have not yet received any such query from UCSF ?? Possibly since I am not from California ?? What do you say?
Seems reasonable that programs would start to review apps by now. Man can't wait to start getting the interview/rejection letters rolling in. Does anyone here do residency at University of Chicago? Northwestern University? Baylor University Medical Center (Dallas)? Johns Hopkins? Wondering what the inside scoop is on the training at these GI programs. From UT Southwestern here in case anyone has questions regarding my program.
//
When did you apply ? I have not yet received any such query from UCSF ?? Possibly since I am not from California ?? What do you say?
Submitted my application on the 15th. It is a link to survey monkey and just asks you to choose your track. If you choose research (which I didn't) they ask you to cite previous work, outline 10 year plan, choose UCSF faculty that interest you etc.
The UCSF email is only if you did not already fill out the info. That is their supplemental application sheet and unless it's in, your application is not complete yet.
UCSF, Stanford, Hopkins are those i applied to, requiring completion of the supplementals
UCSF, Stanford, Hopkins are those i applied to, requiring completion of the supplementals
Would one (or more) of you tell me why you want to scope butts the rest of your lives? I don't get it. Is the work actually interesting?
thanx
Bump.
Anyone?
thanx
Would one (or more) of you tell me why you want to scope butts the rest of your lives? I don't get it. Is the work actually interesting?
thanx
This seems like a definite TROLL that is not worthy of a true response. You have posted this among a bunch of GI applicants who have worked hard for 3 years to get where they are now and are now sweating out the application process.
I wish a mod would ban a poster like you from SDN for being nothing more than a TROLL.
yeah, hopkins sent me a message asking to fill out their supplemental application. it's also on their website.Received email today from UCSF requesting more information as to fellowship track. People are starting to look at applications I believe.
Bump.
Anyone?
thanx
Please go away.
Yes. Same q. I got 5 accepted to ACG and i don't know whats the ideal way to update the programs.
help appreciated!
thanks
help appreciated!
thanks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum was intentionally ignoring this question because it is insulting and ignorant, not to mention poorly-phrased. If this is a serious question, consider re-posing it in an intelligent manner.
I'm hardly a troll. lt's actually a serious question (thought I admittedly phrased it in a crude manner). I simply don't see the appeal of the work. I recognize the significant value of a GI doc and I realize that the colonoscopy is a vitally important screening tool for cancer. I recognize also that GI docs do more than this. Nevertheless, spending most of my days looking up people's rear ends holds next to no appeal, and I am honestly curious if there is something else about the work that you find intellectually satisfying or meaningful such that you aren't bothered by what many would consider a tad bit foul (ie, scoping colons).
thanks
Hey guys,
I finished my application, submitted everything and applied before July 15th. I checked all the programs and most of them have downloaded the applications, so eagerly waiting as well for the interviews/rejections!!
I also submitted a poster to ACG, was not accepted though 🙁 but I still put it in the abstracts section, since anyways it will published. So I think you could just say in the interview that you got it accepted!!!
I heard that some programs are already sending interviews in endocrinology and nephrology, but I think GI and cardio are always the last!!!
Keep us posted and good luck everyone!
I finished my application, submitted everything and applied before July 15th. I checked all the programs and most of them have downloaded the applications, so eagerly waiting as well for the interviews/rejections!!
I also submitted a poster to ACG, was not accepted though 🙁 but I still put it in the abstracts section, since anyways it will published. So I think you could just say in the interview that you got it accepted!!!
I heard that some programs are already sending interviews in endocrinology and nephrology, but I think GI and cardio are always the last!!!
Keep us posted and good luck everyone!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 30K
- Replies
- 32
- Views
- 45K
- Replies
- 14
- Views
- 5K