Official 2012-2013 GI fellowship application cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Add my rejection from UW to the list! Oh well. I guess it's gonna have to be Starbucks for me.

Members don't see this ad.

UW rejection ...too today -
How many places on average have you guys applied to?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did your UW rejection e-mail say that you were rejected or put on a waitlist? Just want to make sure I'm not overreading the e-mail they sent me....

My suspicion is that UW has a lot of internal candidates. Their current roster of fellows is mostly UW residency grads. This means less interviews for the outsiders.

Me too.
Do you think that when they write "even though your application was a strong one" that's just a completely generic statement, and even if our application was absolutely weak we would still get the same statement?
Getting a little anxious.

Yea. If you were a PD would you individualize 250 rejection letters? Just sayin...Still early folks...deep breath. FYI Hopkins also sent out invites. Also Indiana and Univ Wisco.

Members don't see this ad :)
To IBDoutcomes you r the guru of IMGs, please tell us your credentials cuz I am ready to create a Facebook fan page in your honor

Why is it that cardiology already has given out a ton of interviews and we are still waiting in GI, shouldn't these fellowships be comparable? or we don't have enough active members posting their interviews...

Rejection Mount Sinai New York and University of missouri . They probably didnt even look at our application. Just rejected everyone else lol

Did anyone who applie to university of missouri and mount sinai not hear anything yet?

So Far~

Interviews at: Vermont, UC Davis, Colorado, U Miami, Vandy
Rejection: Mt. Sinai

Good luck everyone.

Rejection Mount Sinai New York and University of missouri . They probably didnt even look at our application. Just rejected everyone else lol

Are you not getting frustrated?? Any interview yet?

So Far~

Interviews at: Vermont, UC Davis, Colorado, U Miami, Vandy
Rejection: Mt. Sinai

Good luck everyone.
Are you an AMG? Could you please post your credentials?Congrats!!!

Yea this match is definetly harder then applying to residency

Mount Sinai reject :( , getting a reject a day, wish it was that way for interviews .
Good luck everyone!

Johns Hopkins and case western today guys! Good luck to everyone, they're gonna start coming in.

HHinDFW, I think you are the champion thus far with interviews, 10 already?

Cook county hospital interveiw? I dont know much about this program, anyone else. Oh yeah and Sinai reject.
I guess so far
UCLA, Colorado, UW, Univ New mexico, wakeforest, methodist, UVA, William Beaumont, Cook County hospital

Lurker here. ApPlied to 13 places. So far have heard from penn, Hopkins, and mt. Sinai.

I think we need a list like this. No one cares who gets what, let's just keep it simple with what places have sent out interviews and what places have sent out rejections. Please add to the new list if any new invites or rejections come in! Also, please clarify if Penn was rejection or invite.

Interview Invites:
Brown University
Carolinas Medical Center
Case Western
Cook County
Dartmouth
Johns Hopkins
Indiana University
Mayo Rochester
Mass General
Methodist Dallas
Oregon Health Sciences
St. Louis University, Missouri
St. Luke's Roosevelt
Texas A&M Scott and White
University of California, Davis
University of California, Los Angeles
University of Colorado, Denver
University of Florida, Jacksonville
University of Louisville
University of Miami
University of Missouri, Columbia
University of New Mexico
University of North Carolina
University of Texas, Southwestern
UVA
University of Washington, Seattle
Vanderbilt
Vermont
Virginia Commonwealth
Wake Forest
William Beaumont
Yale

Rejections:
Mayo Rochester
Mt. Sinai, NY
Vanderbilt

University of Florida Gainesville. Thank god, I was really starting to panic.

Interview Invites:
Brown University
Carolinas Medical Center
Case Western
Cook County
Dartmouth
Johns Hopkins
Indiana University
Mayo Rochester
Mass General
Methodist Dallas
Oregon Health Sciences
St. Luke's Roosevelt
Universityvof Florida, Gainesville
University of Louisville
University of Miami
University of New Mexico
UVA
Vanderbilt
Vermont
Virginia Commonwealth
Wake Forest
William Beaumont
Yale

Rejections:
Mayo Rochester
Mt. Sinai, NY
Vanderbilt

Invites: UMissouri, Mayo, Mt Sinai, OHSU, Vanderbilt, UColorado, Cook County
Rejections: U of Washington

wow ducbarajas, you have invites from all these places ? you might have an awesome CV.
Also when did Cook County send there invites??

Rej from VCU- today ---We appreciate your interest in the gastroenterology fellowship program at Virginia Commonwealth University. As you can imagine, we have received a large number of extremely good applications. We have reviewed your application and are impressed with what you have to offer, but we regret that we have to limit our numbers of applicants to interview and will not be able to offer you an interview for fellowship at this time.
We wish you every personal and professional success with your fellowship search and in the future. Thank you, again, for your interest in our fellowship program.

is the updated list, wish it was mine

Last edited:
Cook county hospital interveiw? I dont know much about this program, anyone else. Oh yeah and Sinai reject.
I guess so far
UCLA, Colorado, UW, Univ New mexico, wakeforest, methodist, UVA, William Beaumont, Cook County hospital
cook county is below average clinical program, usually take internal candidates,
heard that in last 3 years, two outside residents did not join the program after matching :D
so they had to fill the spot from inside
Out of 9 current fellows, only 3 from outside

Got an interview at Mayo Jacksonville today, adding to the list. So far I have interviews at Univ of Washington, UC Davis, UCLA, Colorado, OHSU, UNC, Mayo Jacksonville.

Interview Invites:
Brown University
Carolinas Medical Center
Case Western
Cook County
Dartmouth
Indiana University
Johns Hopkins
Mayo Jacksonville
Mayo Rochester
Mass General
Methodist Dallas
Oregon Health Sciences
St. Luke's Roosevelt
Universityvof Florida, Gainesville
University of Louisville
University of Miami
University of New Mexico
UVA
Vanderbilt
Vermont
Virginia Commonwealth
Wake Forest
William Beaumont
Yale

Rejections:
Mayo Rochester
Mt. Sinai, NY
Vanderbilt

Is there anybody else out there, like myself, who isn't hearing much from programs?

Interview offers from California Pacific Medical Center and Banner Health in Phoenix today. Previously, I have interviews from Univ of Washington, OHSU, and Colorado. Reject from Mt. Sinai

I dont have any good feelings about my chances this season. Being a foreign grad, I already know its an uphill battle. I have maximized the limited research resources my program offers, and I know if I was at any other place with the amount of effort I have put in I would have 1 interview by now I feel. Anyways, best wishes for the ones who did get interviews, and please do share any tips/advice on what the rest of us can do.
Anyone know about a Plan B for entry to GI?