*** Official 2013-2014 Rejection Thread!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Seems like I haven't heard anything in a while, good or bad. It feels like the whole AMCAS debacle has spilled into the whole application cycle with things taking a while to be put out from the schools. Anyone else feel this way?

Yeah, I feel ya. I feel like I'm getting a lot of false hope that adcoms are actually looking at my application and seriously considering it, when really they're probably just backed up and really slowed down because of the AMCAS delay and large number of applicants...

Members don't see this ad.

Drexel rejection via snail mail today. Honestly, who even does snail mail anymore? Ridiculous..

UChicago rejection via snail mail. Still 0/40. At least with email you can delete it right away. Thank goodness it's friday and there's football tonight.

Members don't see this ad :)
Drexel rejection via snail mail today. Honestly, who even does snail mail anymore? Ridiculous..
I don't know if its better to be rejected, or strung along with a sense of false hope while being "on hold until later review"...I am basically counting this hold as a rejection, as it seems that way from the Drexel thread.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't know if its better to be rejected, or strung along with a sense of false hope while being "on hold until later review"...I am basically counting this hold as a rejection, as it seems that way from the Drexel thread.
Agreed. I'm just hoping that my many holds add up to at least one more interview in the spring... :rolleyes: I've been sending Drexel updates, but I'm pretty sure this hold is the end of the line.

Kaygeebee: Was this before or after interview?

Hmmm after hearing nothing but holds and rejections so far, I'm doubting my app now. Maybe it's still early-ish? I was hoping that getting a secondary from UCSF, UCD, UCI & UCR was good sign that I was doing something right. We'll see! It's incredible how some people are still optimistic after a rejection. After each rejection, my self-confidence dwindles hah.

Hmmm after hearing nothing but holds and rejections so far, I'm doubting my app now. Maybe it's still early-ish? I was hoping that getting a secondary from UCSF, UCD, UCI & UCR was good sign that I was doing something right. We'll see! It's incredible how some people are still optimistic after a rejection. After each rejection, my self-confidence dwindles hah.
Haha... I wouldn't call my feelings "optimistic" after each rejection... I'm just desperate/delusional enough to still hold out just enough hope to keep myself sane for the weeks/months of silence (and rejections).

10 rejections so far. 1 interview coming up in December.

Just got a really tough rejection from a med school where I presently work. I also teach the med students there. Talk about a tough pill to swallow...

Fingers still crossed though!

10 rejections so far. 1 interview coming up in December.

Just got a really tough rejection from a med school where I presently work. I also teach the med students there. Talk about a tough pill to swallow...

Fingers still crossed though!

I hear you TwistinD. I have 10 rejections, and just got my first interview. I also work and teach med students at a school - they haven't rejected me...yet

I just have stopped caring about where, now my mantra is "it only takes one!"

I hear you TwistinD. I have 10 rejections, and just got my first interview. I also work and teach med students at a school - they haven't rejected me...yet

I just have stopped caring about where, now my mantra is "it only takes one!"

Haha based off of that post, we sound almost like the same person. And I agree - I'm amped for this interview and planning on nailing it. I like your philosophy.

Best of luck!

Curious because Wake used to do huge pre-secondary cuts, but seems like they quit this year.

Has anyone been rejected pre-secondary/not gotten a secondary from Wake Forest?

Members don't see this ad :)
wtf ...how are people in this thread getting rejected. Some of you have great scores and profiles. I'm still a sophmore at the moment taking ochem , but this just goes to show how much harder it is now to get in.

A guy I shadowed a while back told me its a miracle he got into med school, saying he was amazed at the requirements into med school now days.

wtf ...how are people in this thread getting rejected. Some of you have great scores and profiles. I'm still a sophmore at the moment taking ochem , but this just goes to show how much harder it is now to get in.

A guy I shadowed a while back told me its a miracle he got into med school, saying he was amazed at the requirements into med school now days.

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll be here some day wondering if all your time invested was for naught.

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll be here some day wondering if all your time invested was for naught.
Nah. To mentally strong to give up when things get to their lowest point, you only lose if you quit. There's always next year round of apps and the year after that. But I plan on getting in the first time.

Nah. To mentally strong to give up when things get to their lowest point, you only lose if you quit. There's always next year round of apps and the year after that. But I plan on getting in the first time.

I'm sure you will, but you'll endure a ton of rejections and possibly a year of uncertainty to get there.

Guess I get to join the official rejection party!

Pre-interview hold:
-- Loyola Chicago - Stritch
-- Drexel

Rejected at:
-- Medical College of Wisconsin

It's gonna be a looong cycle...

Adding to the list...

Pre-interview hold:
-- Loyola Chicago - Stritch (via status change, no email - 9/10ish)
-- Drexel (via status change, no email - 9/12)

Pre-interview rejections:
-- Medical College of Wisconsin (via snail mail - 10/11)
-- Hofstra (via email - 10/30)

Getting more and more comfortable with this thread.

Rejected from 6 schools (indiana, wayne, cooper, Rutgers- umdnj, georgetown and missouri-columbia) and pre hold from 4 schools (upstate, george washington, penn state and Virginia commonwealth).

Rejected from Minnesota which is my undergrad school. Stings:

BU today...first rejection of the cycle. ouch! :(

Georgetown rejection on Nov. 1. ...these rejections are piling up :drowning:

BU and Tulane in the last two days. Also a hold from Drexel. It hasn't been fun.

Do Something...your MCAT is ridiculous. Can't believe you're getting rejections...seriously..wow. Ever cross your mind that a 36 or so would have been better, lol?

Anyway, after browsing the posts, here's a running list of the schools rejecting so far:
Baylor
Brown
BU
Case
Cooper
Cornell
Drexel (hold)
Duke
Duke
ETSU
EVMS
Georgetown
GW (hold)
Indiana
Loyola (hold)
Mayo
Meharry
Nebraska
NYMC
Oakland
Pitt
Quinnipiac
Rochester
Tulane
U Chic
UAriz (hold)
UC Davis
UCI
UCSF
UMDNJ
UMinn
UMiss (columbia)
Upstate (hold)
USC
UWash
UWisc
UWisc
Vandy
VCU
Wayne
WCM

I got rejected from Dartmouth, you can add that to the list haha. Hating this!

Enjoy the Silence - Depeche Mode

Last edited:
I think this thread may be more useful if we keep a running, update-able list of schools that have rejected. Maybe include whether the rejections have been pre-interview and/or post-interview. Anyone else think this is a good idea? If so, I can go ahead and do it.
I think you're right

I think this thread may be more useful if we keep a running, update-able list of schools that have rejected. Maybe include whether the rejections have been pre-interview and/or post-interview. Anyone else think this is a good idea? If so, I can go ahead and do it.
There was a running list not too far back in the thread, so it shouldn't be too hard to find that and update it! Definitely a useful idea.

Vegan started this earlier; however, it doesn't say whether it is pre/post-interview

"Anyway, after browsing the posts, here's a running list of the schools rejecting so far:
Baylor
Brown
BU
Case
Cooper
Cornell
Dartmouth
Drexel (hold)
Duke
Duke
ETSU
EVMS
Georgetown
GW (hold)
Indiana
Loyola (hold)
Mayo
Meharry
Nebraska
NYMC
Oakland
Pitt
Quinnipiac
Rochester
Tulane
U Chic
UAriz (hold)
UC Davis
UCI
UCSF
UMDNJ
UMinn
UMiss (columbia)
Upstate (hold)
USC
UWash
UWisc
UWisc
Vandy
VCU
Wayne
WCM"

edit: added Dartmouth

Just adding in my experience below and cleaning up formatting a bit.

Here's a running list of the schools rejecting so far:
Baylor
Brown
BU (pre-interview)
Case
Columbia
Cooper
Cornell
Dartmouth (pre-interview)
Drexel (hold)
Duke
ETSU
EVMS
Georgetown (pre-interview)
GW (hold & pre-interview)
Indiana
Loyola (hold)
Mayo
Meharry
Nebraska
NYMC
Oakland (pre-interview)
Pitt
Quinnipiac
Rochester
Tulane
U Chic
UAriz (hold)
UC Davis
UCI
UCSF
UMDNJ
UMinn
UMiss
Upstate (hold)
USC
UWash (pre-secondary)
UWisc
Vandy
VCU
Wayne
WCM

Just adding in my experience below and cleaning up formatting a bit.

Baylor
Brown
BU (pre-interview)
Case
Columbia
Cooper
Cornell
Drexel (hold)
Duke
ETSU
EVMS
Indiana
Loyola (hold)
Mayo
Meharry
Nebraska
NYMC
Oakland (pre-interview)
Pitt
Quinnipiac
Rochester
Tulane
U Chic
UAriz (hold)
UC Davis
UCI
UCSF
UMDNJ
UMinn
UMiss
Upstate (hold)
USC
UWash (pre-secondary)
UWisc
Vandy
VCU
Wake Forest (pre-interview)
Wayne
WCM

Added one in..

If you check the MCW thread, they've been sending out rejections. Medical College of Wisconsin.

Updated. Edited to add: U Maryland, UVA

Baylor
Brown
BU (pre-interview)
Case
Columbia
Cooper
Cornell
Drexel (hold)
Duke
ETSU
EVMS
Indiana
Loyola (hold)
Mayo
MCW
Meharry
Nebraska
NYMC
Oakland (pre-interview)
Pitt
Quinnipiac
Rochester
Tulane
U Chic
UAriz (hold)
UC Davis
UCI
UC-Riverside (pre-interview)
UCSF
U Maryland (pre-interview)
UMDNJ
UMinn
UMiss
Upstate (hold)
USC
UVA (pre-interview)
UWash (pre-secondary)
UWisc
Vandy
VCU
Wake Forest (pre-secondary)
Wayne
WCM

Last edited:
University of Maryland has done some pre-interview rejections as well.

Rejected pre-interview:
University of Pittsburgh
UNC (OOS)
Tulane (my MCAT was a 34, so not sure why that rejection happened)

Interviewed:
U. Cincinnati (interviewed 10/30, waitlisted today)
Case Western (interviewed 10/28, no word)
UTHSCSA (interviewed 8/19, no word)

Still waiting to hear anything:
George Washington
Drexel
Jefferson
Wake Forest
U. of Toledo
Ohio State
Emory (currently an undergrad there)
UTMB
UT Houston
UT Southwestern
Baylor
Virginia Commonwealth

pre-interview rejection from Washington today. I'm OOR, so not really surprised.

Rejected from my "safety" in-state school, Brody SOM. Likely silent rejection from Virginia Tech. Waitlisted at Wake Forest and EVMS post interview. Awaiting decisions (rejections) from UNC, Georgetown and NYMC.

Rejected from my "safety" in-state school, Brody SOM. Likely silent rejection from Virginia Tech. Waitlisted at Wake Forest and EVMS post interview. Awaiting decisions (rejections) from UNC, Georgetown and NYMC.

Sorry to hear that :(. When did you complete everything for Brody? I applied there too but haven't heard anything post-secondary yet. Did you get rejection post-interview?

Sorry to hear that :(. When did you complete everything for Brody? I applied there too but haven't heard anything post-secondary yet. Did you get rejection post-interview?

I was complete pretty early, maybe July or so? The rejection was post-interview. Came in a nice letter. Good luck to you!

I was complete pretty early, maybe July or so? The rejection was post-interview. Came in a nice letter. Good luck to you!

Just keep your mind off the cycle... Go run some errands, return some videotapes, get the cranapple stain out of your sheets, listen to some Phil Collins. Whatever.

Edited to add: Johns Hopkins (pre-interview)

Baylor
Brown
BU (pre-interview)
Case
Columbia
Cooper
Cornell
Drexel (hold)
Duke
ETSU
EVMS
Indiana
Johns Hopkins
Loyola (hold)
Mayo
MCW
Meharry
Nebraska
NYMC
Oakland (pre-interview)
Pitt
Quinnipiac
Rochester
Tulane
U Chic
UAriz (hold)
UC Davis
UCI
UC-Riverside (pre-interview)
UCSF
U Maryland (pre-interview)
UMDNJ
UMinn
UMiss
Upstate (hold)
USC
UVA (pre-interview)
UWash (pre-secondary)
UWisc
Vandy
VCU
Wake Forest (pre-secondary)
Wayne
WCM[/quote]

I don't think Columbia does non-MSTP rejections until March.