*Official 2015 JSGMESB Thread*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes, midnight of the 16th. At least, that's how it worked two years ago when I did this for pgy1

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
9fbd677e8f991514e36bed081e0e1e60.jpg

36 hours

Reactions: 6 users
That's what the Mods page says, well 0001 eastern December 16. I guess I'm a slow typer since Slevin put the picture up while I was typing my reply.

Then our fates are sealed.

I hope there will be much champagne/sparkling cider cracking at 0001 EST 20151216. Best of luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
According to the email about rebuttal boards, IM, OBGYN, radiology, pathology, and dermatology failed to fill.

I didn't receive any email. Did you sign up to be considered for the rebuttal board?

According to the email about rebuttal boards, IM, OBGYN, radiology, pathology, and dermatology failed to fill.

1) what are rebuttal boards?
2) are you referring to Army?

1) what are rebuttal boards?
2) are you referring to Army?
Yeah the differences between branches really blow my mind... My MS4 year the specialty I wanted matched 1:1 in the army, and I heard numbers around 3:1 for us in the AF. Definitely things that would have been nice to know when signing up, but all's well that ends well. Assuming tonight goes well... Haha

What is a rebuttal board?!

I think rebuttal board is Army specific. It's if you want to be considered for another specialty that doesn't fill if you don't match your primary interest. Say, you don't match surgery, but IM Doesn't fill they just make you an IM resident automatically.

Last edited:
I think rebuttal board is Army specific. It's if you want to be considered for another specialty that doesn't fill of you don't match your primary interest. Say, you don't match surgery, but IM Doesn't fill they just make you an IM resident automatically.

Lol. That's cool of the Army...the Navy just tells you "tough ****" when you go unmatched.

Reactions: 1 user
Lol. That's cool of the Army...the Navy just tells you "tough ****" when you go unmatched.
The Air Force has a similar concept where you list a specialty of second interest. The way it was portrayed, though, listing that second specialty may make you less desirable to the PD of your 1st choice as the PD can see you did that and may think you're less committed to the specialty.

The Air Force has a similar concept where you list a specialty of second interest. The way it was portrayed, though, listing that second specialty may make you less desirable to the PD of your 1st choice as the PD can see you did that and may think you're less committed to the specialty.
Fortunately my 2nd choice is just another way to get into my 1st choice so hopefully they won't see it as a huge deal. Interesting that they can see that though.

So...it really is a mind game created by the Army/Air Force? Interesting.

The Navy will overtly screw you up...the Army/AF will secretly do it. Gotcha.

Reactions: 1 users
Fortunately my 2nd choice is just another way to get into my 1st choice so hopefully they won't see it as a huge deal. Interesting that they can see that though.
I'm not exactly sure what everyone can see as the whole process is shrouded in mystery, but if you look back through the e-mails we got (at least the MS4's) it implies PDs are aware of the finer points of your application.

From the Army side, I am reasonably sure that the PDs cannot see if you list other specialties. Now if you accidentally tell them, say by having LORs that say "Med Stud X would be great at specialty Y" and they are applying for specialty Z, that is entirely another matter.