*~*~*~* Official 2016-2017 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Application considered "complete" 8/22 and NE said that my application is under "continuing review" Is this a bad sign?

Members don't see this ad.

Application considered "complete" 8/22 and NE said that my application is under "continuing review" Is this a bad sign?
New England told you that? through what? Well I known the "continuing review" email from buffalo is pretty much a soft rejection but I'm not sure about UNE. Maybe call them?

New England told you that? through what? Well I known the "continuing review" email from buffalo is pretty much a soft rejection but I'm not sure about UNE. Maybe call them?

I got in touch with someone in Admissions to ask and they told me it's under "continuing review" :X

Are you an NY resident? (curious for buffalo)

I was early in the game (applications were out in mid August) but have to retake my DAT so my recent scores won't be in until mid-November, really nervous!!!! But NE only accepts scores prior to Oct 3 so they were aware not to "wait" on my application. But yeah, they just say it's under continuing review and I can hear anything from now until end of cycle! WTF! lol **super impatient**

Members don't see this ad :)
That depends on your stats and where you applied ;)

I applied to a lot of schools, some of them were DCG, Boston, NYU, UF, MUSC, UCLA, Houston, San Antonio, Chicago, San Francisco, etc
DAT: AA:18, TS: 17, RC: 20 (not too great, I know)
GPA: science: 3.45, total 3.6
A LOT of extracurricular and various leadership positions (including starting my own club)

could my DAT scores be the reason I might not get in this cycle??

I applied to a lot of schools, some of them were DCG, Boston, NYU, UF, MUSC, UCLA, Houston, San Antonio, Chicago, San Francisco, etc
A LOT of extracurricular and various leadership positions (including starting my own club)

Yes. That and maybe your sGPA as well.

Yes,
From what I understood by talking to admissions, your scores - GPA and DAT are a reflection of how you learn, process, analyze and withhold information. There are a lot of applicants applying per school so the better scores you get on a DAT, the better are your chances getting an interview. You want to shoot for average and above score to get considered over others. Your extra curricular activities and leadership roles will definitely help you.

Hope this helps! but keep your hopes up since i saw someone get an interview with similar scores...

"First Interview! literally crying right now

School: NOVA
Notification date:7-26
Method of notification:email
Residency:NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 7-1
Application complete date:7-22
GPA (science, overall): 3.59, 3.59
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):18/18/19/21/none (combo of both my tests)"

Reactions: 4 users
I got in touch with someone in Admissions to ask and they told me it's under "continuing review" :X

Are you an NY resident? (curious for buffalo)

I was early in the game (applications were out in mid August) but have to retake my DAT so my recent scores won't be in until mid-November, really nervous!!!! But NE only accepts scores prior to Oct 3 so they were aware not to "wait" on my application. But yeah, they just say it's under continuing review and I can hear anything from now until end of cycle! WTF! lol **super impatient**
I'm from TX! That's crazy I would call but I think it's stupid in my case since my app was complete with the supplemental on September 26 loll ugh that really sucks. Usually continuing review (as far as I know from buffalo) means an eventual rejection but... you never know. Did you complete your supplemental August too?

I really think the GPA's are fine But it's the DAT. I say fine cause I have a 3.35 SGPA, 3.66 OGPA and got 2 interviews so far. If the TS was good but AA was okay it wouldve been okay but the TS is quite low.

I really think the GPA's are fine But it's the DAT. I say fine cause I have a 3.35 SGPA, 3.66 OGPA and got 2 interviews so far.
His
His GPA is fine.
I really think the GPA's are fine But it's the DAT. I say fine cause I have a 3.35 SGPA, 3.66 OGPA and got 2 interviews so far. If the TS was good but AA was okay it wouldve been okay but the TS is quite low.
Agree.

Yes,
From what I understood by talking to admissions, your scores - GPA and DAT are a reflection of how you learn, process, analyze and withhold information. There are a lot of applicants applying per school so the better scores you get on a DAT, the better are your chances getting an interview. You want to shoot for average and above score to get considered over others. Your extra curricular activities and leadership roles will definitely help you.

Hope this helps! but keep your hopes up since i saw someone get an interview with similar scores...

DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):18/18/19/21/none (combo of both my tests)"
Congrats!!! Damn NOVA .. I don't know what they want. I'm still waiting here with a 3.66 OGPA, 3.35 SGPA, TONS of EC's. Maybe cause my app was complete late (9/21) I'll hear later ?? I know people who heard days later. But I'm thankful to have 2 interviews although it wouldn't hurt to have more! Lol

Congrats!!! Damn NOVA .. I don't know what they want. I'm still waiting here with a 3.66 OGPA, 3.35 SGPA, TONS of EC's. Maybe cause my app was complete late (9/21) I'll hear later ?? I know people who heard days later. But I'm thankful to have 2 interviews although it wouldn't hurt to have more! Lol

I didn't apply there so don't congrats me lol! it was ksmith816. If you scroll back to the 7th page I believe, you will find the post.

Good luck my friend.

Reactions: 1 user
My original mailout date was 7/1, but after my DAT score was uploaded my second mailout date was 8/25. Does that make me a late applicant?? Any advice would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from TX! That's crazy I would call but I think it's stupid in my case since my app was complete with the supplemental on September 26 loll ugh that really sucks. Usually continuing review (as far as I know from buffalo) means an eventual rejection but... you never know. Did you complete your supplemental August too?

NE hasn't even sent me their secondary application.... lol. So if you're correct in it being a soft rejection I wish they would just reject me already and get it over with because this feeling is terrible! Have you gotten any interviews yet?

Yes,

Thank you! This helps a lot, I'm hoping to still get an interview but if I don't get in anywhere guess I'll just have to re-take the DAT and apply next cycle :(

NE hasn't even sent me their secondary application.... lol. So if you're correct in it being a soft rejection I wish they would just reject me already and get it over with because this feeling is terrible! Have you gotten any interviews yet?
I have gotten two so far! After my app was complete 9/21 I got one on 9/29 from UDM and one on 10/7 from Touro. Oh man, they haven't sent the supplemental? That's weird I got one a few hours after they received my app.. I know that's how I feel with some schools .. just skip the beating around the bush and give me a rejection. But, honestly they may want to extend you an invite just not now and that goes for all schools so they don't wanna outright reject you right now. Sigh. :(

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Yes,

Congrats!! Just had my interview :)) amazing school, awesome ppl, beautiful campus!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I have gotten two so far! After my app was complete 9/21 I got one on 9/29 from UDM and one on 10/7 from Touro. Oh man, they haven't sent the supplemental? That's weird I got one a few hours after they received my app.. I know that's how I feel with some schools .. just skip the beating around the bush and give me a rejection. But, honestly they may want to extend you an invite just not now and that goes for all schools so they don't wanna outright reject you right now. Sigh. :(

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Well, I have gotten secondaries from other schools (LECOM, NYU, LLU, ATSU) but they have my app "on hold pending most recent DAT scores" -- I just know that NE does extend secondaries but only via invitation. I applied to A LOT of schools. I am a non-traditional student, I'm 28 and have been dental assisting since 2006 ((crazy, I know)) I have a low sGPA 2.9 and my last DAT AA/16/TS/16/RC/20/PAT/18.... :( This is my first time applying.

Slooooow week.

Schools hoarding those interview invitations like
201602_1116_iiege_sm.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
Interview #3

School:
VCU
Notification date: 10/13/16
Method of notification: email
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/8/16
GPA (science, overall) sGPA 3.77, cGPA 3.65
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/25/21/20/none

We should include actual "interview dates" in future posts/years. It would make it much clearer how many interview seats are still available

True

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Interview #3

School: University of Pittsburgh

Pm me if you want other info

Reactions: 5 users
Slowest week ever...Where are all the interviews?

Reactions: 9 users
Its scary. Since the start, I continually heard its early don't worry until October. Its October and now I'm really worrying.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
It's mid October ... time flies so fast :(. All I want are a couple more interviews lol. Hopefully since this is my birthday month the cosmos hold it down for me! Lol. *praying*

Its scary. Since the start, I continually heard its early don't worry until October. Its October and know I'm really worrying.

Well as I learned from Texas school that the adcom slowing down the process this cycle by filling less than 50% of the class by December and resume with the other 50% till March . I'm not sure if that's applicable for all schools but it make sense at least here in Texas since they are really slow this cycle. So relax and live with the fact that u did your very best when u applied this cycle. Now just sit back and watch how destiny will play it for u.

Reactions: 6 users
image.gif

Capturing the feeling for those of us in October who thought they'd have more interviews by now.

Reactions: 15 users
It's mid October ... time flies so fast :(. All I want are a couple more interviews lol. Hopefully since this is my birthday month the cosmos hold it down for me! Lol. *praying*

It's my birthday month too fellow Libra... Cosmos say it'll be a good month AND year so yay for us. Good luck & Happy Birthday!

It's my birthday month too fellow Libra... Cosmos say it'll be a good month AND year so yay for us. Good luck & Happy Birthday!
Hahah omg don't tell me you read horoscopes too!! I saw it's suppose to be our year and month too!!! So funny you read em too. I hope it's true for us :xf::luck: Libra season is the best. Aw good luck to you too!

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #2!

School: USC
Notification date: 10/14/2016
Method of notification: Email
Residency: WA
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/24/2016
GPA (science, overall): sGPA 3.45, oGPA 3.56
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/26/23/26/none

Reactions: 3 users
Interview #2!

What dates were you offered?

Interview #2!

Congrats!!! Wow they are still
Only in June and July mail outs..guess it's going to be a while until I hear anything.

Also, very impressive DAT Scores!!!

Interview #3

Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/2016
GPA (science, overall): sGPA 3.65, cGPA 3.71
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/21/26/none

Anybody else just have a constant pit of anxiety goin' on? I submitted my app day 1 of the cycle and I die a bit more inside every time I get on this message board lol... you people and your damn success.... :annoyed: (but seriously, congrats to all on the invites :))
I have not received a single invitation, you are not alone

I really wonder why things are so slow this year. I'm hoping that schools have just changed the way they send out invitations and that there are still a lot of invites to be sent out over the course of these next few months

Reactions: 5 users
I really wonder why things are so slow this year. I'm hoping that schools have just changed the way they send out invitations and that there are still a lot of invites to be sent out over the course of these next few months

I second this

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry for late update!

Interview #1
Detroit Mercy
Notification: email 9/17
Application Complete: 9/16
TS 20 AA 20

Are we for sure that this year is slow? How are we like, objectively measuring this?

By the posts in last years thread, lol.
So you've gone through and counted each post? I know it's pretty easy to think something is happening just because of the way you feel. If someone went through and counted and made a direct comparison, however, that would potentially be legit.

Are we for sure that this year is slow? How are we like, objectively measuring this?
I have no idea if its slow this year or if there are just fewer SDNers but I just want to be hopeful and assume that it is the former.

So you've gone through and counted each post? I know it's pretty easy to think something is happening just because of the way you feel. If someone went through and counted and made a direct comparison, however, that would potentially be legit.
This is my 3rd time applying, and also first time applying after strengthening my application. I've been through those threads as well and I really have this feeling that this year is exceptionally slow compared to the past few cycles. I still remember my old days reading through those posts of people getting invited to interviews while I didn't, literally none. So I would say my feeling this year is pretty accurate, and I'm very glad that I'm one of those lucky people this year to post up the interview invitations on this thread.

Reactions: 6 users
I can't believe you applied 3 times bro. That stress must have been ridiculous.