You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*~*~*~* Official 2017-2018 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*
Started by sjv
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Buffalo interview 🙂!
Interview number 50? lolBuffalo interview 🙂!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #4!!!
School: University of Pennsylvania
Notification date: oct. 31
Method of notification: email
Residency: International
Application complete date: Aug. 17th
GPA (science, overall): GPA-S: 3.68, GPA-O:3.79
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/19/20 (none below 19)
School: University of Pennsylvania
Notification date: oct. 31
Method of notification: email
Residency: International
Application complete date: Aug. 17th
GPA (science, overall): GPA-S: 3.68, GPA-O:3.79
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/19/20 (none below 19)
Sorry for the late reply! Hope you've had some good luck by now 🙂Mind letting us know what these schools are to give us some hope? and if you don't mind sharing the stats & residency would be appreciated. Trying to keep my hopes up!
Here are my stats:
*note that I did apply really late but started hearing back right away within a week of submitting 🙂 so late appliers keep your hopes alive!
Residency: AZ
AADSAS mail-out date: 09/30
Application complete date: 10/09
GPA (science, overall): s3.68, o3.76
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/18/24(none below 17)
Congrats! When is your interview?Interview #4!!!
School: University of Pennsylvania
Notification date: oct. 31
Method of notification: email
Residency: International
Application complete date: Aug. 17th
GPA (science, overall): GPA-S: 3.68, GPA-O:3.79
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/19/20 (none below 19)
Congrats! When is your interview?
The next available date is Nov. 30th (still pre-dec, technically, right? lool)
Sorry for the late reply! Hope you've had some good luck by now 🙂
Here are my stats:
*note that I did apply really late but started hearing back right away within a week of submitting 🙂 so late appliers keep your hopes alive!
Residency: AZ
AADSAS mail-out date: 09/30
Application complete date: 10/09
GPA (science, overall): s3.68, o3.76
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/18/24(none below 17)
Thanks for that! Where all have you gotten the interviews so far?
What school's are still giving out pre-dec interviews??
Pitt Offered me two dates in november. Stay patient, my friend.What school's are still giving out pre-dec interviews??
Interview 7!
School: USC
Date: 10/31 around 7:30 PM (spoopy)
DAT: 21/21/21
GPA: 3.65
Only November dates offered so keep hope people!
School: USC
Date: 10/31 around 7:30 PM (spoopy)
DAT: 21/21/21
GPA: 3.65
Only November dates offered so keep hope people!
Interview #4!
School: USC
Notified by email 10/31 ~10 pm EST
Application complete sometime mid July
DAT: 22/24/22/21/no section below 17
3.8 oGPA 3.82 sGPA
School: USC
Notified by email 10/31 ~10 pm EST
Application complete sometime mid July
DAT: 22/24/22/21/no section below 17
3.8 oGPA 3.82 sGPA
MY MAN!Interview #4!
School: USC
Notified by email 10/31 ~10 pm EST
Application complete sometime mid July
DAT: 22/24/22/21/no section below 17
3.8 oGPA 3.82 sGPA
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #4 USC !!!
Residency: TX cowboy nation!!!
Residency: TX cowboy nation!!!
Interview number 11 
School: USC
Notification date: 10/31
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MA
Application completion date: 7/14
AADSAS submission date: 7/4
GPA (science, overall) 3.60, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19/ TS 19/ PAT 21/ RC 22/ QR 18 none below
*declining this one due to finances, hopefully it goes out to someone who really wants it!*

School: USC
Notification date: 10/31
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MA
Application completion date: 7/14
AADSAS submission date: 7/4
GPA (science, overall) 3.60, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19/ TS 19/ PAT 21/ RC 22/ QR 18 none below
*declining this one due to finances, hopefully it goes out to someone who really wants it!*
Interview #10
School: UCLA
Notification date: 10/31
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MI
Application complete date: end of Aug
GPA (science, overall): 4.0/4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/24/21/none
Still debating on if I should go or not due to travel expenses and distance, has anyone visited their dental school and think it's worth it? I really liked Penn, Mich, and Ohio state so I'm wondering if UCLA has anything that they don't!
School: UCLA
Notification date: 10/31
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MI
Application complete date: end of Aug
GPA (science, overall): 4.0/4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/24/21/none
Still debating on if I should go or not due to travel expenses and distance, has anyone visited their dental school and think it's worth it? I really liked Penn, Mich, and Ohio state so I'm wondering if UCLA has anything that they don't!
I'll take it!! [emoji23] [emoji23] congrats on 11 interviews!!Interview number 11
School: USC
Notification date: 10/31
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MA
Application completion date: 7/14
AADSAS submission date: 7/4
GPA (science, overall) 3.60, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19/ TS 19/ PAT 21/ RC 22/ QR 18 none below
*declining this one due to finances, hopefully it goes out to someone who really wants it!*
Sent from my SM-G892A using SDN mobile
If you want a min8vaca I'd definitely go for it. I'm from Indiana but live in CA now. It's a good school with a ton of specialty programs!Interview #10
School: UCLA
Notification date: 10/31
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MI
Application complete date: end of Aug
GPA (science, overall): 4.0/4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/24/21/none
Still debating on if I should go or not due to travel expenses and distance, has anyone visited their dental school and think it's worth it? I really liked Penn, Mich, and Ohio state so I'm wondering if UCLA has anything that they don't!
Sent from my SM-G892A using SDN mobile
I was hesitant to post because my stats are so low, but I want to be a glimmer of hope for other students with similar stats and a true passion. My DAT is an 18, my AADSAS calculated GPA is a 2.899 (my official transcript says 3.189), I have 2 minors, and work 2 jobs. Residency: MO
Nova-Rejection Notified via snail mail Wed 10/18
UMKC-Rejection Notified via email Tue 10/31, 10:32 AM
ASDOH-Interview Notified via email Thu 10/19, 3:34 PM. Pre-December interview. Beyond excited. One of my dream schools! (Praise be to God)
Don't give up on your dreams folks. You are more than your stats!
Nova-Rejection Notified via snail mail Wed 10/18
UMKC-Rejection Notified via email Tue 10/31, 10:32 AM
ASDOH-Interview Notified via email Thu 10/19, 3:34 PM. Pre-December interview. Beyond excited. One of my dream schools! (Praise be to God)
Don't give up on your dreams folks. You are more than your stats!
Interview #3
School: USC
Notification date: 10/31
Method of notification: Email around 9:30PM
Residency: AL
Application complete date: Early July
GPA (science, overall): 3.85/3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/24/23/17
Finally my third interview!!! The other two interviews were on the very first dates they start interviewing. So the gap between the second and this one is like 2 months D: Anyway, Good luck everyone!!!
School: USC
Notification date: 10/31
Method of notification: Email around 9:30PM
Residency: AL
Application complete date: Early July
GPA (science, overall): 3.85/3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/24/23/17
Finally my third interview!!! The other two interviews were on the very first dates they start interviewing. So the gap between the second and this one is like 2 months D: Anyway, Good luck everyone!!!
Last edited:
Just got invited to interivew at tufts.
Anyone interviewing on the 13th?
Anyone interviewing on the 13th?
After just 1 interview invite (Nova) over 2 months ago and 4 rejections (MWU-AZ, LECOM, Loma Linda, ASDOH)...
Interview #2!!!
School: UNLV
Notification date: 11/1 (My birthday!)
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: August 15, Verified August 18
Application complete date: Under review August 21
GPA (science, overall): 3.25, 3.41
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/25/21/21/no
After 4 rejections from schools where I thought I have the highest chances in, I almost lost all hope! Although this one is post-dec, it is one of my top choices and I'm so glad to be given a chance.
Interview #2!!!
School: UNLV
Notification date: 11/1 (My birthday!)
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: August 15, Verified August 18
Application complete date: Under review August 21
GPA (science, overall): 3.25, 3.41
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/25/21/21/no
After 4 rejections from schools where I thought I have the highest chances in, I almost lost all hope! Although this one is post-dec, it is one of my top choices and I'm so glad to be given a chance.
After just 1 interview invite (Nova) over 2 months ago and 4 rejections (MWU-AZ, LECOM, Loma Linda, ASDOH)...
Interview #2!!!
School: UNLV
Notification date: 11/1 (My birthday!)
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: August 15, Verified August 18
Application complete date: Under review August 21
GPA (science, overall): 3.25, 3.41
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/25/21/21/no
After 4 rejections from schools where I thought I have the highest chances in, I almost lost all hope! Although this one is post-dec, it is one of my top choices and I'm so glad to be given a chance.
Happy Birthday! Thats an awesome birthday present haha
It’s been crickets for me over the past two months. Hoping to get good news like this! CongratsInterview #3
School: USC
Notification date: 10/31
Method of notification: Email around 9:30PM
Residency: AL
Application complete date: Early July
GPA (science, overall): 3.85/3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/24/23/17
Finally my third interview!!! The other two interviews were on the very first dates they start interviewing. So the gap between the second and this one is like 2 months D: Anyway, Good luck everyone!!!
Interview #3!!!
School: UCLA
Notification date: 11/1
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
Application mail-out date: 9/6
Application complete date: 10/4
GPA (science, overall): 3.99, 3.88
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/24/22/25/(none below 22)
November dates available!! So excited!! If you applied late, I think there are lots of schools with November dates left!!
School: UCLA
Notification date: 11/1
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
Application mail-out date: 9/6
Application complete date: 10/4
GPA (science, overall): 3.99, 3.88
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/24/22/25/(none below 22)
November dates available!! So excited!! If you applied late, I think there are lots of schools with November dates left!!
hello, which date in Nov did you get? is it Nov 17th?Interview #3!!!
School: UCLA
Notification date: 11/1
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
Application mail-out date: 9/6
Application complete date: 10/4
GPA (science, overall): 3.99, 3.88
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/24/22/25/(none below 22)
November dates available!! So excited!! If you applied late, I think there are lots of schools with November dates left!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yup and 11/14.hello, which date in Nov did you get? is it Nov 17th?
That is wonderful! Again, huge congrats! UCLA is so hard to get in 🙂 kudos to you! By the way, did your status go from app complete --> interview or under review --> interview?Yup and 11/14.
Yeah I was like that too, but again I kept telling myself that there will be plenty of rooms left even after Dec. 1st. Let's not lose our hope!It’s been crickets for me over the past two months. Hoping to get good news like this! Congrats
Thanks! It went under review --> App complete --> invited for interview.That is wonderful! Again, huge congrats! UCLA is so hard to get in 🙂 kudos to you! By the way, did your status go from app complete --> interview or under review --> interview?
Interview #6
LECOM! Application completed for this school 10/25
Reject #2: University of Oklahoma
Residency: AZ
AADSAS mail-out date: June 21th
Application complete date: July
GPA (science, overall) 3.18, 3.11
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/21/24/22/none
LECOM! Application completed for this school 10/25
Reject #2: University of Oklahoma
Residency: AZ
AADSAS mail-out date: June 21th
Application complete date: July
GPA (science, overall) 3.18, 3.11
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/21/24/22/none
We have the same birthday 🙂 happy birthday to us, you got a great bday gift, I'm hoping that my gift is a phone call exactly a month from now from one of the schools I interviewed at informing me of my acceptance lolAfter just 1 interview invite (Nova) over 2 months ago and 4 rejections (MWU-AZ, LECOM, Loma Linda, ASDOH)...
Interview #2!!!
School: UNLV
Notification date: 11/1 (My birthday!)
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: August 15, Verified August 18
Application complete date: Under review August 21
GPA (science, overall): 3.25, 3.41
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/25/21/21/no
After 4 rejections from schools where I thought I have the highest chances in, I almost lost all hope! Although this one is post-dec, it is one of my top choices and I'm so glad to be given a chance.
Interview #3!!!
School: UCLA
Notification date: 11/1
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
Application mail-out date: 9/6
Application complete date: 10/4
GPA (science, overall): 3.99, 3.88
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/24/22/25/(none below 22)
November dates available!! So excited!! If you applied late, I think there are lots of schools with November dates left!!



tell me your secretsInterview number 11
School: USC
Notification date: 10/31
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MA
Application completion date: 7/14
AADSAS submission date: 7/4
GPA (science, overall) 3.60, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19/ TS 19/ PAT 21/ RC 22/ QR 18 none below
*declining this one due to finances, hopefully it goes out to someone who really wants it!*
Interview #2
Temple
19AA 19TS 21PAT
3.63 overall
3.55 science
PA residency
Temple
19AA 19TS 21PAT
3.63 overall
3.55 science
PA residency
Interview #1
School: East Carolina University
Notification date: 9/25
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NC
Application complete date: 9/21
GPA (science, overall): 3.0, 2.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/22/21/none
Sorry I’m so late guys I’m just now stumbling across this thread.
School: East Carolina University
Notification date: 9/25
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NC
Application complete date: 9/21
GPA (science, overall): 3.0, 2.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/22/21/none
Sorry I’m so late guys I’m just now stumbling across this thread.
Last edited:
Interview #2
School: University of North Carolina
Notification date: 10/16
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NC
Application complete date: 10/01
GPA (science, overall): 3.0, 2.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/22/21/none
School: University of North Carolina
Notification date: 10/16
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NC
Application complete date: 10/01
GPA (science, overall): 3.0, 2.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/22/21/none
Last edited:
Third interview! Honestly was not expecting this one
School: Boston University
Notification date: November 2
Method of notification: Email
Month of interview: January
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: ~6/25
Application complete date: 7/6
GPA (science, overall): 3.0/3.3-4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/22/23/none
School: Boston University
Notification date: November 2
Method of notification: Email
Month of interview: January
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: ~6/25
Application complete date: 7/6
GPA (science, overall): 3.0/3.3-4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/22/23/none
Last edited:
OMG, we have very similar stats. Good luck! I wish you the best!Interview #1
UAB
Interview #2
UPENN!!!
Notification date: 8/14/17
Method of notification: Email
Residency: AL
AADSAS mail-out date: Late June
Application complete date: Early July
GPA (science, overall): 3.91, 3.88 without +/-
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/24/23/17
Quick Question: my AADSAS status for Penn changed to none after I got the interview. Is this normal??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What date?Ayyy invited for interview! Edit: nyu
3.2/3.2 s/o gpa
23aa
Submitted early aug
Notified via email
VA resident
Not so good PS/ECs
Good luck to all low GPA applicants.
OMG, we have very similar stats. Good luck! I wish you the best!
Thank you and good luck to you too!
Which schools have you heard from?
got mail 11/02, scheduled for 12/01. All pre-dec slots are filled they say.What date?
wow, they're interviewing on December 1st?got mail 11/02, scheduled for 12/01. All pre-dec slots are filled they say.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 78K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 1K
Interviewing
Touro Class of 2031 Interview/Acceptance Thread
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K
