You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*~*~*~* Official 2018-2019 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*
Started by artist2022
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
DATdentalkid
Full Member
Acceptance #1 MOSDOH!
yes. Interviewed at 7 schools. Heard back from 2 so far.Has anyone else not heard
Back from most schools?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same exact for me! What way are you leaning?
I'm out of State for Minnesota so if I go and don't get the 'in-state' scholarship, I'd be paying >100,000 more than going anywhere else. That alone might have me lean Creighton because I've also heard good things about their program and they have a brand new Dental Building. You?
It'll happen! I believe in youWaitlisted at Marquette. More waiting!
Acceptance #2 Pitt! Called at 10:02
nerdy_bird
Full Member
how did you find out?#1 accepted midwestern university Arizona
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Do they do their calls alphabetically?Acceptance #2 Pitt! Called at 10:02
The portal checklisthow did you find out?
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I'm out of State for Minnesota so if I go and don't get the 'in-state' scholarship, I'd be paying >100,000 more than going anywhere else. That alone might have me lean Creighton because I've also heard good things about their program and they have a brand new Dental Building. You?
I hear what you're saying, financials definitely do weigh into the decision. I'm in-state tuition for MN so that's a much cheaper school, but it seemed behind on technology and that there wasn't sunlight. Only school where I heard students say poor things about it. Creighton is all sparkly new with great technology, especially the implant options.
So many decisions!
Acceptance #1!! UNLV!! they sent out an email to check my portal around 10!
Acceptance #2 Texas A&M Dallas! Email at 8:45am
Acceptance #1: Penn Dental Medicine 

Has anyone else not heard
Back from most schools?
I haven't, but I know all the schools I interviewed at have sent out emails and or are in the process of calling. I am feeling very discouraged 🙁. I have been waitlisted at one and nothing from the others.
I hear what you're saying, financials definitely do weigh into the decision. I'm in-state tuition for MN so that's a much cheaper school, but it seemed behind on technology and that there wasn't sunlight. Only school where I heard students say poor things about it. Creighton is all sparkly new with great technology, especially the implant options.
So many decisions!
I've been accepted to both as well. I did not like Minnesota at all, the only good thing about it is the price because I get reciprocity for being a SD resident. I'm definitely leaning towards Creighton
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nerdy_bird
Full Member
MWU - IL
SIU
acceptances
SIU
acceptances
Rejection #3
School: West Virginia
Notification date: 12/3
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: GA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/5
Application complete date: 6/26
GPA (science, overall): 3.07, 3.18
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/24/23/None, but 18 QR
School: West Virginia
Notification date: 12/3
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: GA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/5
Application complete date: 6/26
GPA (science, overall): 3.07, 3.18
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/24/23/None, but 18 QR
Acceptance #4: MW - Arizona
portal changed. and got a call from Illinois to confirm portal change!
let's goooo
portal changed. and got a call from Illinois to confirm portal change!
let's goooo
D
deleted678432
Acceptance 2: Michigan w/ scholarship (OOS). Phone call at 8 MST
No email yet, but my AADSAS status for Nova changed to waitlisted
Acceptance #1 Midwestern Arizona.
How big of a scholarship we talking here?Acceptance 2: Michigan w/ scholarship (OOS). Phone call at 8 MST
D
deleted678432
$10k/year! Crazy considering I bombed 50% of my MMI interviews and could hardly formulate a cohesive sentence the entire dayHow big of a scholarship we talking here?
IS or OOS?Acceptance #2 at UTHSC with a FAT scholarship. I knew Tennessee was calling me
Haha yup, the whole process seems weird at times! Is that scholarship enough to sway you toward Michigan over Colorado??$10k/year! Crazy considering I bombed 50% of my MMI interviews and could hardly formulate a cohesive sentence the entire day
OOS with a 20k/yr scholarshipIS or OOS?
Congrats!!! When was your interviews at UT Houston?Acceptance #2 at UTHSC with a FAT scholarship. I knew Tennessee was calling me
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted678432
*assuming I get into CU 😉. Its about a $30k difference as of now since Denver is pretty expensive to live in, which at the end of the day isnt much added on (dont flame me for this people)Haha yup, the whole process seems weird at times! Is that scholarship enough to sway you toward Michigan over Colorado??
I'm not sure! My last name starts with P if that helps.Do they do their calls alphabetically?
Got accepted to UNLV!! I just wanna hug everybody. I can't believe this right now!!
weirdest thing just happened. Got a call from pitt and it rang once and then it said call failed. Then I waited and it said I got a voicemail. But the voicemail was only 2 second and it was just the sound of someone hanging up. Then I tried to call back and it asked me if I had my parties extension, if not I couldn't really talk to anyone. That is so frustrating man🙁🙁🙁🙁
Michigan and Pitt called me at 10ish!
I think everyone is waitlisted at USC right now. I am too.waitlisted on AADSAS to Utah and USC?
could you expand or PM what you meant by sutdents saying poor things about it? thanksI hear what you're saying, financials definitely do weigh into the decision. I'm in-state tuition for MN so that's a much cheaper school, but it seemed behind on technology and that there wasn't sunlight. Only school where I heard students say poor things about it. Creighton is all sparkly new with great technology, especially the implant options.
So many decisions!
just got a call and mine is a G!I'm not sure! My last name starts with P if that helps.
I would also like to know about this! Thanks 🙂could you expand or PM what you meant by sutdents saying poor things about it? thanks
UCSF 80K!!
MICHIGAN 75K!!
MICHIGAN 75K!!
Congrats man!!!UCSF 80K!!
MICHIGAN 75K!!
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Unreal, absolutely killin it!UCSF 80K!!
MICHIGAN 75K!!
D
deleted678432
sheeeeeshUCSF 80K!!
MICHIGAN 75K!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!!!! can someone explain about the scholarship? is 75K or 80K the full amount of scholarship that is given throughout 4 years? or it is the amount given lump sum?UCSF 80K!!
MICHIGAN 75K!!
Congrats to all accepted applicants. Good luck to others who have not heard back yet!!
Acceptance #1
School: LECOM
Notification date: 12/3
Method of notification: email @8:55 am EST
Acceptance #2
School: Midwestern, Ill
Notification date: 12/3
Method of notification: portal & email @9:26 am EST
Acceptance #3
School: Marquette
Notification date: 12/3
Method of notification: email @9:45 am EST
Residency: MI
GPA (science, overall): 3.64, 3.55
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19, 19, 20, 21, none
Acceptance #1
School: LECOM
Notification date: 12/3
Method of notification: email @8:55 am EST
Acceptance #2
School: Midwestern, Ill
Notification date: 12/3
Method of notification: portal & email @9:26 am EST
Acceptance #3
School: Marquette
Notification date: 12/3
Method of notification: email @9:45 am EST
Residency: MI
GPA (science, overall): 3.64, 3.55
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19, 19, 20, 21, none
It's University of Tennessee Memphis actually haha and it was August 24 I believeCongrats!!! When was your interviews at UT Houston?
D
deleted678432
Accepted to Pitt
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 79K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 1K
Interviewing
Touro Class of 2031 Interview/Acceptance Thread
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K