*~*~*~* Official 2018-2019 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waitlisted for Nova - aadsas portal

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted to Louisville and Dental College of GA!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptance #1
School:
Midwestern–AZ
Notification date: 12/3
Method of notification: Portal @ 9:03 am CST
Residency: TX
Undergrad GPA (science, overall): 3.11, 3.17
Grad GPA (science, overall): 3.81, 3.69
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/23/21/none

Reactions: 3 users
My fiancé and I just got accepted to Colorado with 40k scholarships each!

Reactions: 20 users
Do you find out about potential scholarships when they call? And do all schools tell you up-front what they're willing to offer or is it just certain schools?

Acceptance #2: Loma Linda

Literally crying tears of joy right now

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptance #1 Tufts via email and Rejection #1 UConn via email. I’m elated about Tufts!!! Congrats everyone!!

acceptance #2 UCLA with a scholarship!!! I actually cried during that interview when they asked me a personal question so ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!! They called me and said an email would be sent later this week!

Reactions: 12 users
acceptance #2 UCLA with a scholarship!!! I actually cried during that interview when they asked me a personal question so ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!! They called me and said an email would be sent later this week!
Thats amazing! How much is the scholarship if you don't mind me asking?

Thats amazing! How much is the scholarship if you don't mind me asking?
thanks! They didn't give a lot of info over the phone, just that it was a deans scholarship and I asked how much and they said 25k. I assume thats total?

thanks! They didn't give a lot of info over the phone, just that it was a deans scholarship and I asked how much and they said 25k. I assume thats total?
I'd hate to get your hopes up and end up being wrong, but I think a dean's scholarship tends to be 6 digits. I think thats a $100k scholarship.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted to Loma Linda!
Received a phone call and then adea portal updated.

Still waiting to hear from Detroit Mercy

Accepted at WesternU (8 am PST)!! Waitlisted at Nova (AADSAS status).

Reactions: 4 users
I received an email acceptance to Minnesota last night and a phone call from UCSF a little while ago! So excited.

Acceptance #1 Tufts via email and Rejection #1 UConn via email. I’m elated about Tufts!!! Congrats everyone!!
Could I ask you what your email looked like? Because i got a weird email from tuft (they sent me a video link, saying this is message from your tufts family and in the header it said: Congrats to tufts class of 2023), and i'm not sure what this is... especially since I did not interview with Tufts haha

Congrats to everyone who got accepted!! And if you're still waiting I wish you the best.

Acceptance #1
School:
VCU
Method of notification: email @8:00 am EST
(My State School!!!)

Acceptance #2
School:
Maryland
Method of notification: email @8:00 am EST

Acceptance #3
School:
Midwestern Arizona
Method of notification: phone call around 10:00 am EST

Now comes the part of trying to decide...

UCSF acceptance!!! I'm speechless rn

letsss goooo!

Via phone call (11:50 am)

Reactions: 5 users
Do you still plan to do the HPSP since you got a scholarship? Or is CO OOS for you?
Colorado is OOS. We're still heavily looking at HPSP because no matter how you slice it, 290k is a lot of money. Less than 330, but still a lot

Do you guys know how late they make phone calls today? Still anxiously waiting for some calls from UCSF and others...Also congrats to everyone!! :)

Could I ask you what your email looked like? Because i got a weird email from tuft (they sent me a video link, saying this is message from your tufts family and in the header it said: Congrats to tufts class of 2023), and i'm not sure what this is... especially since I did not interview with Tufts haha
Yeah that;s weird..maybe they got you mixed up with someone else? That is the acceptance email that I got, so I would definitely call/email them.

Acceptances
Temple: via e-mail 12 pm EST (portal: none-> check back dec 3rd-> offer made)
Maryland: via e-mail 8 am
Columbia: e-mail 8:30 then student call at 9:45
Buffalo: e-mail 10:05 then call from dean at 11:11
Pitt: call from admissions 10:45

Rejection
UConn: e-mail at 8:45 without interview

Seems like they keep calling till late afternoon (thats what it seems like from looking at previous years). But it could be skewed since not everyone posts.

I would expect them to keep making calls throughout their normal business hours of the admissions office.

What a day!!!

Acceptance #1
School:
Rutgers
Method of notification: portal updated to offer made @~7:30 am MST

Acceptance #2
School:
Midwestern AZ
Method of notification: their portal updated @~7:50 am MST

Acceptance #3
School:
University of Michigan w/ 10k scholarship/ yr
Method of notification: phone call @8:45 am MST

Acceptance #4
School:
University of IL Chicago
Method of notification: phone call @9:27 am MST

Acceptance #5
School:
University of the Pacific
Method of notification: phone call @10:15 am MST

Illinois resident
3.8 o/sGPA
23 AA 22 TS 22 PAT

Congrats everyone!!!

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted to CU via call from Crystal at 10:45am MST

Has anyone heard back from UNC Chapel Hill yet? I haven't seen anything posted here and they are the only school I haven't heard back from...

Amidst the madness, I got an interview from Maryland lol. I'll take it haha
Interview #3
School
: University of Maryland
Notification date: 12/3/2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/14/18
Application complete date: 8/17/18 (I took the DAT late July)
GPA (science, overall): 3.9/3.87
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/22/23/None
Dates available OR your interview date: January 16th

Reactions: 6 users
Yeah that;s weird..maybe they got you mixed up with someone else? That is the acceptance email that I got, so I would definitely call/email them.
Has anyone heard back from UNC Chapel Hill yet? I haven't seen anything posted here and they are the only school I haven't heard back from...

Yup! I heard from them today via phone call.

UCLA at 10:07 am!!! OMG! This is a dream

Reactions: 7 users
Applied: 8, Interview offers: 4, Interviewed (pre-dec): 3, Accepted: 3

IS: PA

Stats- GPA: 3.69 sGPA: 3.59 DAT: AA 22/PAT 23/nothing under 20 Other: non-traditional, worked research at UPenn for 2 years, worked at a dental office for 3.5 years

Acceptances:
Temple: email 12am
Maryland: email 9am
UPenn: phone call from Dr. Sheridan (no scholarships offered :()​

I hope this can help out the people in the future to gauge where they're at because I know I looked from time to time during the whole process. So glad it is all done and I can focus on attending dental school now!!

Let me know if anybody else got scholarships from UPenn because they said I didn't get the scholarship which is disappointing because costs are such a big factor.

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted to Roseman .. thank Go it has been long journey but I'm great ful

Sent from my moto g(6) using SDN mobile

Applied: 8, Interview offers: 4, Interviewed (pre-dec): 3, Accepted: 3

IS: PA

Stats- GPA: 3.69 sGPA: 3.59 DAT: AA 22/PAT 23/nothing under 20 Other: non-traditional, worked research at UPenn for 2 years, worked at a dental office for 3.5 years

Acceptances:
Temple: email 12am
Maryland: email 9am
UPenn: phone call from Dr. Sheridan (no scholarships offered :()​

I hope this can help out the people in the future to gauge where they're at because I know I looked from time to time during the whole process. So glad it is all done and I can focus on attending dental school now!!

Let me know if anybody else got scholarships from UPenn because they said I didn't get the scholarship which is disappointing because costs are such a big factor.

Good luck everyone!
Just got accepted without a scholarship too. I completely understand since it is so expensive!

Accepted UConn & Rutgers!!

*have not received email from rutgers but some one called and they said offer made means accepted and email will be sent tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.