You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*~*~*~* Official 2018-2019 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*
Started by artist2022
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Acceptance #3 & #4: UNLV and UoP
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
idk why USC doesn't have me as waitlisted. Making me nervous.I think everyone is waitlisted at USC right now. I am too.
Acceptance #1
School: Midwestern–AZ
Notification date: 12/3
Method of notification: Portal @ 9:03 am CST
Residency: TX
Undergrad GPA (science, overall): 3.11, 3.17
Grad GPA (science, overall): 3.81, 3.69
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/23/21/none
School: Midwestern–AZ
Notification date: 12/3
Method of notification: Portal @ 9:03 am CST
Residency: TX
Undergrad GPA (science, overall): 3.11, 3.17
Grad GPA (science, overall): 3.81, 3.69
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/23/21/none
nerdy_bird
Full Member
how did you find out?My fiancé and I just got accepted to Colorado with 40k scholarships each!
Did your status on the AADSAS portal change?My fiancé and I just got accepted to Colorado with 40k scholarships each!
FutureDento23
Full Member
Do you find out about potential scholarships when they call? And do all schools tell you up-front what they're willing to offer or is it just certain schools?
Acceptance #2: Loma Linda
Literally crying tears of joy right now
Literally crying tears of joy right now
how did you find out?
Did your status on the AADSAS portal change?
Phone call from the head scholarship guy!
Yup! I got a call at 10:30 am (CST)Is UIC sending out acceptances yet?
Acceptance #1 Tufts via email and Rejection #1 UConn via email. I’m elated about Tufts!!! Congrats everyone!!
acceptance #2 UCLA with a scholarship!!! I actually cried during that interview when they asked me a personal question so ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!! They called me and said an email would be sent later this week!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thats amazing! How much is the scholarship if you don't mind me asking?acceptance #2 UCLA with a scholarship!!! I actually cried during that interview when they asked me a personal question so ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!! They called me and said an email would be sent later this week!
thanks! They didn't give a lot of info over the phone, just that it was a deans scholarship and I asked how much and they said 25k. I assume thats total?Thats amazing! How much is the scholarship if you don't mind me asking?
D
deleted678432
I'd hate to get your hopes up and end up being wrong, but I think a dean's scholarship tends to be 6 digits. I think thats a $100k scholarship.thanks! They didn't give a lot of info over the phone, just that it was a deans scholarship and I asked how much and they said 25k. I assume thats total?
My fiancé and I just got accepted to Colorado with 40k scholarships each!
Do you still plan to do the HPSP since you got a scholarship? Or is CO OOS for you?
I really hope youre right! lolI'd hate to get your hopes up and end up being wrong, but I think a dean's scholarship tends to be 6 digits. I think thats a $100k scholarship.
D
deleted678344
I received an email acceptance to Minnesota last night and a phone call from UCSF a little while ago! So excited.
Could I ask you what your email looked like? Because i got a weird email from tuft (they sent me a video link, saying this is message from your tufts family and in the header it said: Congrats to tufts class of 2023), and i'm not sure what this is... especially since I did not interview with Tufts hahaAcceptance #1 Tufts via email and Rejection #1 UConn via email. I’m elated about Tufts!!! Congrats everyone!!
Congrats to everyone who got accepted!! And if you're still waiting I wish you the best.
Acceptance #1
School: VCU
Notification date: 12/3
Method of notification: email @8:00 am EST
(My State School!!!)
Acceptance #2
School: Maryland
Notification date: 12/3
Method of notification: email @8:00 am EST
Acceptance #3
School: Midwestern Arizona
Notification date: 12/3
Method of notification: phone call around 10:00 am EST
Now comes the part of trying to decide...
Acceptance #1
School: VCU
Notification date: 12/3
Method of notification: email @8:00 am EST
(My State School!!!)
Acceptance #2
School: Maryland
Notification date: 12/3
Method of notification: email @8:00 am EST
Acceptance #3
School: Midwestern Arizona
Notification date: 12/3
Method of notification: phone call around 10:00 am EST
Now comes the part of trying to decide...
UCSF acceptance!!! I'm speechless rn
letsss goooo!
Via phone call (11:50 am)
letsss goooo!
Via phone call (11:50 am)
Colorado is OOS. We're still heavily looking at HPSP because no matter how you slice it, 290k is a lot of money. Less than 330, but still a lotDo you still plan to do the HPSP since you got a scholarship? Or is CO OOS for you?
Colorado 40k
Yeah that;s weird..maybe they got you mixed up with someone else? That is the acceptance email that I got, so I would definitely call/email them.Could I ask you what your email looked like? Because i got a weird email from tuft (they sent me a video link, saying this is message from your tufts family and in the header it said: Congrats to tufts class of 2023), and i'm not sure what this is... especially since I did not interview with Tufts haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Acceptances
Temple: via e-mail 12 pm EST (portal: none-> check back dec 3rd-> offer made)
Maryland: via e-mail 8 am
Columbia: e-mail 8:30 then student call at 9:45
Buffalo: e-mail 10:05 then call from dean at 11:11
Pitt: call from admissions 10:45
Rejection
UConn: e-mail at 8:45 without interview
Temple: via e-mail 12 pm EST (portal: none-> check back dec 3rd-> offer made)
Maryland: via e-mail 8 am
Columbia: e-mail 8:30 then student call at 9:45
Buffalo: e-mail 10:05 then call from dean at 11:11
Pitt: call from admissions 10:45
Rejection
UConn: e-mail at 8:45 without interview
in state or oos?Yup! I got a call at 10:30 am (CST)
Seems like they keep calling till late afternoon (thats what it seems like from looking at previous years). But it could be skewed since not everyone posts.
I would expect them to keep making calls throughout their normal business hours of the admissions office.
I would expect them to keep making calls throughout their normal business hours of the admissions office.
What a day!!!
Acceptance #1
School: Rutgers
Notification date: 12/3
Method of notification: portal updated to offer made @~7:30 am MST
Acceptance #2
School: Midwestern AZ
Notification date: 12/3
Method of notification: their portal updated @~7:50 am MST
Acceptance #3
School: University of Michigan w/ 10k scholarship/ yr
Notification date: 12/3
Method of notification: phone call @8:45 am MST
Acceptance #4
School: University of IL Chicago
Notification date: 12/3
Method of notification: phone call @9:27 am MST
Acceptance #5
School: University of the Pacific
Notification date: 12/3
Method of notification: phone call @10:15 am MST
Illinois resident
3.8 o/sGPA
23 AA 22 TS 22 PAT
Congrats everyone!!!
Acceptance #1
School: Rutgers
Notification date: 12/3
Method of notification: portal updated to offer made @~7:30 am MST
Acceptance #2
School: Midwestern AZ
Notification date: 12/3
Method of notification: their portal updated @~7:50 am MST
Acceptance #3
School: University of Michigan w/ 10k scholarship/ yr
Notification date: 12/3
Method of notification: phone call @8:45 am MST
Acceptance #4
School: University of IL Chicago
Notification date: 12/3
Method of notification: phone call @9:27 am MST
Acceptance #5
School: University of the Pacific
Notification date: 12/3
Method of notification: phone call @10:15 am MST
Illinois resident
3.8 o/sGPA
23 AA 22 TS 22 PAT
Congrats everyone!!!
in state or oos?
in state
Per year? or total?Colorado 40k
dentalhopeful123
New Member
Has anyone heard back from UNC Chapel Hill yet? I haven't seen anything posted here and they are the only school I haven't heard back from...
Amidst the madness, I got an interview from Maryland lol. I'll take it haha
Interview #3
School: University of Maryland
Notification date: 12/3/2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/14/18
Application complete date: 8/17/18 (I took the DAT late July)
GPA (science, overall): 3.9/3.87
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/22/23/None
Dates available OR your interview date: January 16th
Interview #3
School: University of Maryland
Notification date: 12/3/2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/14/18
Application complete date: 8/17/18 (I took the DAT late July)
GPA (science, overall): 3.9/3.87
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/22/23/None
Dates available OR your interview date: January 16th
Per year? or total?
over 4 years
Yeah that;s weird..maybe they got you mixed up with someone else? That is the acceptance email that I got, so I would definitely call/email them.
Has anyone heard back from UNC Chapel Hill yet? I haven't seen anything posted here and they are the only school I haven't heard back from...
Yup! I heard from them today via phone call.
nerdy_bird
Full Member
waitlisted at UIC = 12:15 Central
via email
via email
You definitely have a lot of options!! I hope you don't mind me asking but which one are you leaning towards?Colorado 40k
That is so awesome!! Congrats!over 4 years
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Applied: 8, Interview offers: 4, Interviewed (pre-dec): 3, Accepted: 3
IS: PA
Stats- GPA: 3.69 sGPA: 3.59 DAT: AA 22/PAT 23/nothing under 20 Other: non-traditional, worked research at UPenn for 2 years, worked at a dental office for 3.5 years
Acceptances:
I hope this can help out the people in the future to gauge where they're at because I know I looked from time to time during the whole process. So glad it is all done and I can focus on attending dental school now!!
Let me know if anybody else got scholarships from UPenn because they said I didn't get the scholarship which is disappointing because costs are such a big factor.
Good luck everyone!
IS: PA
Stats- GPA: 3.69 sGPA: 3.59 DAT: AA 22/PAT 23/nothing under 20 Other: non-traditional, worked research at UPenn for 2 years, worked at a dental office for 3.5 years
Acceptances:
Temple: email 12am
Maryland: email 9am
UPenn: phone call from Dr. Sheridan (no scholarships offered 🙁)
Maryland: email 9am
UPenn: phone call from Dr. Sheridan (no scholarships offered 🙁)
I hope this can help out the people in the future to gauge where they're at because I know I looked from time to time during the whole process. So glad it is all done and I can focus on attending dental school now!!
Let me know if anybody else got scholarships from UPenn because they said I didn't get the scholarship which is disappointing because costs are such a big factor.
Good luck everyone!
Accepted to Roseman .. thank Go it has been long journey but I'm great ful
Sent from my moto g(6) using SDN mobile
Sent from my moto g(6) using SDN mobile
Just got accepted without a scholarship too. I completely understand since it is so expensive!Applied: 8, Interview offers: 4, Interviewed (pre-dec): 3, Accepted: 3
IS: PA
Stats- GPA: 3.69 sGPA: 3.59 DAT: AA 22/PAT 23/nothing under 20 Other: non-traditional, worked research at UPenn for 2 years, worked at a dental office for 3.5 years
Acceptances:
Temple: email 12am
Maryland: email 9am
UPenn: phone call from Dr. Sheridan (no scholarships offered 🙁)
I hope this can help out the people in the future to gauge where they're at because I know I looked from time to time during the whole process. So glad it is all done and I can focus on attending dental school now!!
Let me know if anybody else got scholarships from UPenn because they said I didn't get the scholarship which is disappointing because costs are such a big factor.
Good luck everyone!
Acceptance 6:
UPenn
UPenn
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 79K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 1K
Interviewing
Touro Class of 2031 Interview/Acceptance Thread
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K