Amidst the madness, I got an interview from Maryland lol. I'll take it haha
Interview #3
School
: University of Maryland
Notification date: 12/3/2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/14/18
Application complete date: 8/17/18 (I took the DAT late July)
GPA (science, overall): 3.9/3.87
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/22/23/None
Dates available OR your interview date: January 16th

IWCBTYJ

2+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Yeah that;s weird..maybe they got you mixed up with someone else? That is the acceptance email that I got, so I would definitely call/email them.
Has anyone heard back from UNC Chapel Hill yet? I haven't seen anything posted here and they are the only school I haven't heard back from...
Yup! I heard from them today via phone call.

Ms.2:30

2+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
Applied: 8, Interview offers: 4, Interviewed (pre-dec): 3, Accepted: 3

IS: PA

Stats- GPA: 3.69 sGPA: 3.59 DAT: AA 22/PAT 23/nothing under 20 Other: non-traditional, worked research at UPenn for 2 years, worked at a dental office for 3.5 years

Acceptances:
Temple: email 12am
Maryland: email 9am
UPenn: phone call from Dr. Sheridan (no scholarships offered :()​

I hope this can help out the people in the future to gauge where they're at because I know I looked from time to time during the whole process. So glad it is all done and I can focus on attending dental school now!!

Let me know if anybody else got scholarships from UPenn because they said I didn't get the scholarship which is disappointing because costs are such a big factor.

Good luck everyone!

Aspiringdent22

2+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2016
Applied: 8, Interview offers: 4, Interviewed (pre-dec): 3, Accepted: 3

IS: PA

Stats- GPA: 3.69 sGPA: 3.59 DAT: AA 22/PAT 23/nothing under 20 Other: non-traditional, worked research at UPenn for 2 years, worked at a dental office for 3.5 years

Acceptances:
Temple: email 12am
Maryland: email 9am
UPenn: phone call from Dr. Sheridan (no scholarships offered :()​

I hope this can help out the people in the future to gauge where they're at because I know I looked from time to time during the whole process. So glad it is all done and I can focus on attending dental school now!!

Let me know if anybody else got scholarships from UPenn because they said I didn't get the scholarship which is disappointing because costs are such a big factor.

Good luck everyone!
Just got accepted without a scholarship too. I completely understand since it is so expensive!

Aspiringdent22

2+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2016
Acceptance 6:
UPenn

nmcc0102

2+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Accepted UConn & Rutgers!!

*have not received email from rutgers but some one called and they said offer made means accepted and email will be sent tomorrow!

Reactions: Faefly and titom321
Dec 3, 2018
1. Accepted to Temple and received an email at midnight!!
2. Also, say "Offer made" at Rutgers on Aadsas portal. However, did not get an email or phone call from them yet.????
3. Rejected from UCONN

It been a long road. Im now 26 yrs old. 4 years ago I was dismissed from undergrad for failing 6 courses. and now I'm in Dental School. This is crazy!!

DoesThisLookInfected?

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
Dec 20, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
1. Accepted to Temple and received an email at midnight!!
2. Also, say "Offer made" at Rutgers on Aadsas portal. However, did not get an email or phone call from them yet.????
3. Rejected from UCONN

It been a long road. Im now 26 yrs old. 4 years ago I was dismissed from undergrad for failing 6 courses. and now I'm in Dental School. This is crazy!!
Congrats to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: titom321
Oct 14, 2018
Status
Pre-Dental
acceptance #2 UCLA with a scholarship!!! I actually cried during that interview when they asked me a personal question so ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!! They called me and said an email would be sent later this week!
THIS IS AMAZING!! Can I ask what your stats were?

asz22

2+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Acceptance #1 San Antonio (12AM-CST)
Acceptance #2 LSU (8:07AM-CST)- In-State!
Acceptance #3 Texas A&M (8:56AM-CST)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What were your stats and extracurriculars if you don't mind me asking? I am applying in May!

asz22

2+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
After receiving five rejections and being waitlisted at two schools, I lost hope. Then, I finally got acceptances into two schools and one of them is my top choice!!! I will write a full story in a few days on how I managed to get these acceptances with my low DAT AND GPA. Would you be interested to hear?
Have a great rest of your day! Best of luck to all!
Yes! I would love to hear!!

Reactions: Firik
Oct 3, 2018
I don't know if its just me, but for Columbia, my status has been "Invited for interview" and I had an interview at September. But it never changed... Do you think I should call the school?

Pcsaints6

2+ Year Member
May 19, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
I cannot believe the day finally came and I am going to be a dentist!!!! :soexcited:

Accepted to:
#1 University of Minnesota via email:clap:
#2 Creighton University via email:love:
#3 UMKC Via phone call:laugh:

I am not sure how i am going to decide between Creighton and Minnesota at the moment, I do get reciprocity if I attend Minnesota which is where I am leaning at the moment, but still very uncertain!!!!

Jul 18, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
Looks like UCSF might be done sending acceptances for the day. I just got an email saying: "As you may know, we have extended our first round of offers for our incoming class today. We will have additional rounds of offers in the near future. If you have not received a status update from our office regarding an offer of admission or a decision to deny, this means that no decision has been made on your application and you are still under consideration."
Weird they haven't made a decision for me because I interviewed in their first round but oh well!

Nov 5, 2018
Posting to give hope to those with lower scores. It can be pretty discouraging seeing everyone's high scores but don't give up on your dreams!

Acceptance #1
School: Creighton
Notification date: 12/3
Residency: MO
Undergrad GPA (science, overall): 3.12, 3.39
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): 18/16/17/22

Apr 25, 2018
I cannot believe the day finally came and I am going to be a dentist!!!! :soexcited:

Accepted to:
#1 University of Minnesota via email:clap:
#2 Creighton University via email:love:
#3 UMKC Via phone call:laugh:

I am not sure how i am going to decide between Creighton and Minnesota at the moment, I do get reciprocity if I attend Minnesota which is where I am leaning at the moment, but still very uncertain!!!!
Congrats! After attending the Minnesota interview, I knew I had to apply for the HPSP because I wasn't thrilled about the school compared to other schools like Creighton lol

Faefly

I am a Naruto fan Now!
2+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Amidst the madness, I got an interview from Maryland lol. I'll take it haha
Interview #3
School
: University of Maryland
Notification date: 12/3/2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/14/18
Application complete date: 8/17/18 (I took the DAT late July)
GPA (science, overall): 3.9/3.87
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/22/23/None
Dates available OR your interview date: January 16th
'

Same, Congrats, my interview a bit later than yours but still in January.
This is the only good news I heard today.

My
respect for this school got to 1000.

Last edited:

jerabad26

2+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2016
CA
Status
Pre-Dental
Acceptance #1!!!!
NYU
No email, but checked portal at 12:20pm PST

Literally crying tears of joy!!! Congrats to all of you so far, don’t lose hope!!!

Jun 23, 2018
What a day!!!

Acceptance #1
School:
Rutgers
Method of notification: portal updated to offer made @~7:30 am MST

Acceptance #2
School:
Midwestern AZ
Method of notification: their portal updated @~7:50 am MST

Acceptance #3
School:
University of Michigan w/ 10k scholarship/ yr
Method of notification: phone call @8:45 am MST

Acceptance #4
School:
University of IL Chicago
Method of notification: phone call @9:27 am MST

Acceptance #5
School:
University of the Pacific
Method of notification: phone call @10:15 am MST

Illinois resident
3.8 o/sGPA
23 AA 22 TS 22 PAT

Congrats everyone!!!
Hi! About your scholarship, did you have to apply for it or did they just tell you in your acceptance email?

Jun 5, 2018
I don't know if its just me, but for Columbia, my status has been "Invited for interview" and I had an interview at September. But it never changed... Do you think I should call the school?
Mine says that as well except I interviewed in October... If you end up calling them would you mind letting me know what they say?

btw love your clementine icon!

Reactions: JClem18

Pcsaints6

2+ Year Member
May 19, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Congrats! After attending the Minnesota interview, I knew I had to apply for the HPSP because I wasn't thrilled about the school compared to other schools like Creighton lol
BasicG you know it is going to be tough, I have a lot of family and friends in Minnesota so I have a little more bias, but I am still very uncertain. I don't know if I can pass on Minnesota with the reciprocity. It is going to be a tough decision to make. Are you leaning towards one over the other?

Reactions: BasicG
Dec 3, 2018
Still waiting on a call, email, or update of some kind from UNC Chapel Hill. They're the only school I've interviewed with so far, and I'm going bonkers hitting the refresh button. Congratulations to everyone who got good news today!

gangazi

2+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2016
Status
Dental Student
Reading all these posts made me realize how happy I was when I got accepted a couple years ago :)
Thanks for reminding me and giving me motivation!

Reactions: futuredentista2023
Aug 26, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
Acceptances: (note all times are in ET)

1: Temple (via email, at 12:00 am, literally)

2. UNE (via phone call approx. 8:30 am)

3. Buffalo ( 10: am email, 11:10am call)

I really am in shock and awe I got in. Strongly leaning for Buffalo

Reactions: IdleKoala
Jul 17, 2018
Hey, do you guys know what it means if I didn't receive any emails and my aadsas still says received/under review?

-thanks

Firik

Connection is the Key!
Dec 7, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey, do you guys know what it means if I didn't receive any emails and my aadsas still says received/under review?

-thanks
Unfortunately, you need to wait a little longer as they will consider more applicants to be interviewed once those with multiple acceptances will decline the offer.

Reactions: Askota
Jul 15, 2018
Status
Pre-Dental
I wanted to post this for those that may not get in their first time around. Before this cycle, I applied twice with no interviews and no luck and a whole lot of tears. I can now officially say I am going to be a dentist and I will be attending my dream school. It has taken a lot of work to get where I am and I am so glad I gave it another shot. For everyone that is still anxiously waiting today, it's okay if you don't hear back or get the news you wanted. Keep working hard, show that you are 100% completely serious, and always show improvement. It is not the end of the world if you get rejected and always always always take the time to re-evaluate, learn and improve your weaknesses. Admissions will notice. If this is what you really want to do, DON't EVER GIVE UP! It will pay off. The first time I took the DAT I had a 17 AA (I got a 13 in Orgo), the second time I got a 19AA. I took the DAT 3 times and ended up getting a 21 TS, 20 AA and a 23 PAT on my last try. I had an undergraduate GPA (SGPA) of 3.1 (3.32), I got a lot of C's in my prereqs so I decided to do a Master's program and ended up with a 3.43 (3.70). Please don't apply if you do not feel ready and don't think you've prepared well. It's a waste of money and your time (take it from me). But DO keep grinding and do anything and everything to make your application the BEST it could be. I've done everything in my power to make the best application for myself (applying early, doing a master's, taking the DAT 3x, shadowing, volunteering, research). I decided that this would be my last time applying and I ended up applying to 21 schools (I know.... GASP. that's a lot of money and I died a little inside with each school I paid but I wanted to know that I tried everything to give myself a chance). I heard back for interviews from 6 schools (UK, UF, NYU, Buffalo, UCSF, and Columbia [truly shocked by the last two]), rejected from NOVA and LECOM and I ended up getting accepted to 3 schools (NYU, Buffalo, and UCSF) and waitlisted for the others. It's been a long freaking journey but when you hear that call after working so hard, you will never feel prouder of yourself than in that exact moment. I'm so thankful that schools have given me the chance to prove myself and see me for more than just GPA and DAT scores.

TBH I almost gave up. I was exhausted. But seriously, Don't Ever Give Up! Pick yourself up and dust yourself off because if I can do it, you can do it! :love: