*~*~*~* Official 2018-2019 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Accepted to Temple and received an email at midnight!!
2. Also, say "Offer made" at Rutgers on Aadsas portal. However, did not get an email or phone call from them yet.????
3. Rejected from UCONN

It been a long road. Im now 26 yrs old. 4 years ago I was dismissed from undergrad for failing 6 courses. and now I'm in Dental School. This is crazy!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 10 users
1. Accepted to Temple and received an email at midnight!!
2. Also, say "Offer made" at Rutgers on Aadsas portal. However, did not get an email or phone call from them yet.????
3. Rejected from UCONN

It been a long road. Im now 26 yrs old. 4 years ago I was dismissed from undergrad for failing 6 courses. and now I'm in Dental School. This is crazy!!

Congrats to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
acceptance #2 UCLA with a scholarship!!! I actually cried during that interview when they asked me a personal question so ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!! They called me and said an email would be sent later this week!

THIS IS AMAZING!! Can I ask what your stats were?

Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptance #1 San Antonio (12AM-CST)
Acceptance #2 LSU (8:07AM-CST)- In-State!
Acceptance #3 Texas A&M (8:56AM-CST)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What were your stats and extracurriculars if you don't mind me asking? I am applying in May!

After receiving five rejections and being waitlisted at two schools, I lost hope. Then, I finally got acceptances into two schools and one of them is my top choice!!! I will write a full story in a few days on how I managed to get these acceptances with my low DAT AND GPA. Would you be interested to hear?
Have a great rest of your day! Best of luck to all!
Yes! I would love to hear!!

I don't know if its just me, but for Columbia, my status has been "Invited for interview" and I had an interview at September. But it never changed... Do you think I should call the school?

ACCEPTANCE #2 TO UCSF!!! I am in complete and utter shock.... Called me at 1:38pm EST! OOS from Florida

Acceptance #1: Buffalo via email 9:47am EST.

Reactions: 5 users
I cannot believe the day finally came and I am going to be a dentist!!!! :soexcited:

Accepted to:
#1 University of Minnesota via email:clap:
#2 Creighton University via email:love:
#3 UMKC Via phone call:laugh:

I am not sure how i am going to decide between Creighton and Minnesota at the moment, I do get reciprocity if I attend Minnesota which is where I am leaning at the moment, but still very uncertain!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted to Harvard via phone call around noon!! Congrats to everyone who got acceptance(s) today!

Reactions: 11 users
FIRST ACCEPTANCE:
USC 11:16 AM PST
Extremely expensive school but very happy nonetheless haha.

Looks like UCSF might be done sending acceptances for the day. I just got an email saying: "As you may know, we have extended our first round of offers for our incoming class today. We will have additional rounds of offers in the near future. If you have not received a status update from our office regarding an offer of admission or a decision to deny, this means that no decision has been made on your application and you are still under consideration."
Weird they haven't made a decision for me because I interviewed in their first round but oh well!

Posting to give hope to those with lower scores. It can be pretty discouraging seeing everyone's high scores but don't give up on your dreams!

Acceptance #1
School: Creighton
Notification date: 12/3
Residency: MO
Undergrad GPA (science, overall): 3.12, 3.39
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): 18/16/17/22

Accepted to UDM this morning by call while I was brushing my teeth and butt naked.

Reactions: 10 users
I cannot believe the day finally came and I am going to be a dentist!!!! :soexcited:

Accepted to:
#1 University of Minnesota via email:clap:
#2 Creighton University via email:love:
#3 UMKC Via phone call:laugh:

I am not sure how i am going to decide between Creighton and Minnesota at the moment, I do get reciprocity if I attend Minnesota which is where I am leaning at the moment, but still very uncertain!!!!
Congrats! After attending the Minnesota interview, I knew I had to apply for the HPSP because I wasn't thrilled about the school compared to other schools like Creighton lol

Amidst the madness, I got an interview from Maryland lol. I'll take it haha
Interview #3
School
: University of Maryland
Notification date: 12/3/2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/14/18
Application complete date: 8/17/18 (I took the DAT late July)
GPA (science, overall): 3.9/3.87
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/22/23/None
Dates available OR your interview date: January 16th
'

Same, Congrats, my interview a bit later than yours but still in January.
This is the only good news I heard today.

My
respect for this school got to 1000.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Acceptance #1!!!!
NYU
No email, but checked portal at 12:20pm PST

Literally crying tears of joy!!! Congrats to all of you so far, don’t lose hope!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Acceptance #1: BU
Acceptance #2: Rutgers
Acceptance #3: NYU

!!!!

What a day!!!

Acceptance #1
School:
Rutgers
Method of notification: portal updated to offer made @~7:30 am MST

Acceptance #2
School:
Midwestern AZ
Method of notification: their portal updated @~7:50 am MST

Acceptance #3
School:
University of Michigan w/ 10k scholarship/ yr
Method of notification: phone call @8:45 am MST

Acceptance #4
School:
University of IL Chicago
Method of notification: phone call @9:27 am MST

Acceptance #5
School:
University of the Pacific
Method of notification: phone call @10:15 am MST

Illinois resident
3.8 o/sGPA
23 AA 22 TS 22 PAT

Congrats everyone!!!

Hi! About your scholarship, did you have to apply for it or did they just tell you in your acceptance email?

I don't know if its just me, but for Columbia, my status has been "Invited for interview" and I had an interview at September. But it never changed... Do you think I should call the school?
Mine says that as well except I interviewed in October... If you end up calling them would you mind letting me know what they say?

btw love your clementine icon!

Congrats! After attending the Minnesota interview, I knew I had to apply for the HPSP because I wasn't thrilled about the school compared to other schools like Creighton lol

BasicG you know it is going to be tough, I have a lot of family and friends in Minnesota so I have a little more bias, but I am still very uncertain. I don't know if I can pass on Minnesota with the reciprocity. It is going to be a tough decision to make. Are you leaning towards one over the other?

Still waiting on a call, email, or update of some kind from UNC Chapel Hill. They're the only school I've interviewed with so far, and I'm going bonkers hitting the refresh button. Congratulations to everyone who got good news today!

Reading all these posts made me realize how happy I was when I got accepted a couple years ago :)
Thanks for reminding me and giving me motivation!

Acceptances: (note all times are in ET)

1: Temple (via email, at 12:00 am, literally)

2. UNE (via phone call approx. 8:30 am)

3. Buffalo ( 10: am email, 11:10am call)

I really am in shock and awe I got in. Strongly leaning for Buffalo

Mine says that as well except I interviewed in October... If you end up calling them would you mind letting me know what they say?

btw love your clementine icon!
Sure I will let you know. Thanks! Clementine is my favorite character of the walking dead

Hey, do you guys know what it means if I didn't receive any emails and my aadsas still says received/under review?

-thanks

Today at my dental shadowing, the dentist that I shadow was telling patients that I got into dental school! She was so happy!

Reactions: 6 users
Hey, do you guys know what it means if I didn't receive any emails and my aadsas still says received/under review?

-thanks

Unfortunately, you need to wait a little longer as they will consider more applicants to be interviewed once those with multiple acceptances will decline the offer.

I wanted to post this for those that may not get in their first time around. Before this cycle, I applied twice with no interviews and no luck and a whole lot of tears. I can now officially say I am going to be a dentist and I will be attending my dream school. It has taken a lot of work to get where I am and I am so glad I gave it another shot. For everyone that is still anxiously waiting today, it's okay if you don't hear back or get the news you wanted. Keep working hard, show that you are 100% completely serious, and always show improvement. It is not the end of the world if you get rejected and always always always take the time to re-evaluate, learn and improve your weaknesses. Admissions will notice. If this is what you really want to do, DON't EVER GIVE UP! It will pay off. The first time I took the DAT I had a 17 AA (I got a 13 in Orgo), the second time I got a 19AA. I took the DAT 3 times and ended up getting a 21 TS, 20 AA and a 23 PAT on my last try. I had an undergraduate GPA (SGPA) of 3.1 (3.32), I got a lot of C's in my prereqs so I decided to do a Master's program and ended up with a 3.43 (3.70). Please don't apply if you do not feel ready and don't think you've prepared well. It's a waste of money and your time (take it from me). But DO keep grinding and do anything and everything to make your application the BEST it could be. I've done everything in my power to make the best application for myself (applying early, doing a master's, taking the DAT 3x, shadowing, volunteering, research). I decided that this would be my last time applying and I ended up applying to 21 schools (I know.... GASP. that's a lot of money and I died a little inside with each school I paid but I wanted to know that I tried everything to give myself a chance). I heard back for interviews from 6 schools (UK, UF, NYU, Buffalo, UCSF, and Columbia [truly shocked by the last two]), rejected from NOVA and LECOM and I ended up getting accepted to 3 schools (NYU, Buffalo, and UCSF) and waitlisted for the others. It's been a long freaking journey but when you hear that call after working so hard, you will never feel prouder of yourself than in that exact moment. I'm so thankful that schools have given me the chance to prove myself and see me for more than just GPA and DAT scores.

TBH I almost gave up. I was exhausted. But seriously, Don't Ever Give Up! Pick yourself up and dust yourself off because if I can do it, you can do it! :love:

Reactions: 38 users
Acceptance #4 LECOM School of Dental Medicine

Acceptance #1 Temple University Kornberg School of Dentistry
Acceptance #2 Touro College of Dental Medicine
Acceptance#3 Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine

:love::love::love::love::love:

Reactions: 6 users
Acceptance #1: UT San Antonio (Email last night at 10 pm Pacific time) - OOS
Acceptance #2: UCONN (email at 5 am Pacific time) - OOS
Acceptance #3: UNC Chapel Hill (call around 8 AM Pacific time) - OOS
Acceptance #4: UCLA (call around 8 am Pacific time) - IS
Acceptance #5: UCSF (call around 8 am Pacific time) -IS
Acceptance #6: UOP (call around 9 am Pacific time) - IS

Could not be more excited right now!!!

Reactions: 18 users
Interview #2
School: Creighton
Notification date:
9/07/18
Residency: ID
Application complete date: 8/1
GPA (science, overall): 3.92/3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/23/21/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/2/18
This is a special program called IDEP for only Idaho residents through Creighton. 1 year at ISU, 3 years at Creighton

Interview #3
Scho
ol: Utah
Notification date:
9/13/18
Residency: ID
Application complete date: 8/12
GPA (science, overall): 3.92/3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/23/21/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 6 dates available in September and October
Have you heard anything back from IDEP on acceptance, waitlist, or rejection?

Omg the big 3 of California... What were your stats?!

I'm feeling down... :unsure:
no rejections but not accepted. sigh....

Reactions: 3 users
Hi! About your scholarship, did you have to apply for it or did they just tell you in your acceptance email?

They said in the interview that all applicants are considered for the scholarships, no additional application was required!

I am sure they are mind blowing with those acceptances...

I would actually die of happiness. Any California school is a dream for me (I'd be instate). Praying I am this lucky when I apply!

Wow congrats!! Those are all amazing schools, what school are you leaning towards?

Acceptance #1!!!!
NYU
No email, but checked portal at 12:20pm PST

Literally crying tears of joy!!! Congrats to all of you so far, don’t lose hope!!!
Acceptance #2!!!!
Roseman
Received a phone call at 2:15pm PST
(I thought I was just talking to Dr. Harman but I was actually on speaker with the whole adcom )

This is the best day of my life!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.