*~*~*~* Official 2018-2019 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm feeling down... :unsure:
no rejections but not accepted. sigh....

At least you are not on the "Invited for Interview" Bandwagon after everyone got waitlisted or accepted there and you are still invited to an imaginary interview that you are pretty sure you have already attended and spent a lot of money on the flight and the hotel + food there. :woot:

I am sorry though, not knowing your destiny sucks and I hope you get accepted soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Somehow managed to maintain a 4.0 GPA and my DAT was 28/30/22/23 (AA/TS/PAT/Reading)!

L O L I'm never getting into dental school rip
(Congrats though, that's amazing)

Somehow managed to maintain a 4.0 GPA and my DAT was 28/30/22/23 (AA/TS/PAT/Reading)!

No, no there is no somehow here, you worked pretty hard for these scores and you deserve more, to be honest. I am surprised you didn't apply or didn't get in Upenn or Columbia or Harvard.
Awesome scores and congratulations.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
BasicG you know it is going to be tough, I have a lot of family and friends in Minnesota so I have a little more bias, but I am still very uncertain. I don't know if I can pass on Minnesota with the reciprocity. It is going to be a tough decision to make. Are you leaning towards one over the other?
I'm leaning toward Creighton because I have family in the area and I was very impressed with the school. I'm sure you'll make the decision that's best for you!

Reactions: 1 user
Wow congrats!! Those are all amazing schools, what school are you leaning towards?
Im not sure yet...I am kind of waiting till after finals when I get back with my parents/family to talk over things. I go to UCLA undergrad and love it here so they are one of my favs but right now I am just kind of soaking it all in!!

just got a call and mine is a G!

Reverse alphabetical order?
At least you are not on the "Invited for Interview" Bandwagon after everyone got waitlisted or accepted there and you are still invited to an imaginary interview that you are pretty sure you have already attended and spent a lot of money on the flight and the hotel + food there. :woot:

I am sorry though, not knowing your destiny sucks and I hope you get accepted soon.

Really though what does it mean if you are still "invited for interview"? Does that mean you're wait listed?

Accepted to temple!!its happening!
Im not sure yet...I am kind of waiting till after finals when I get back with my parents/family to talk over things. I go to UCLA undergrad and love it here so they are one of my favs but right now I am just kind of soaking it all in!!

4.0 at UCLA? damn son

Reactions: 6 users
Reverse alphabetical order?

Really though what does it mean if you are still "invited for interview"? Does that mean you're wait listed?

That's what I am wondering about!
I'll know for sure by tomorrow

I'm leaning toward Creighton because I have family in the area and I was very impressed with the school. I'm sure you'll make the decision that's best for you!

I have a cousin that currently attends Creighton and he loves it so I have some ties there as well, but I cannot complain about these types of problems :highfive:

That's what I am wondering about!
I'll know for sure by tomorrow
I wouldn't worry too much about the AADSAS statuses. Two of the schools that I got into still say "Invited for Interview", and another one of them literally says "None".

Acceptance #1: UT San Antonio (Email last night at 10 pm Pacific time) - OOS
Acceptance #2: UCONN (email at 5 am Pacific time) - OOS
Acceptance #3: UNC Chapel Hill (call around 8 AM Pacific time) - OOS
Acceptance #4: UCLA (call around 8 am Pacific time) - IS
Acceptance #5: UCSF (call around 8 am Pacific time) -IS
Acceptance #6: UOP (call around 9 am Pacific time) - IS

Could not be more excited right now!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)

your not very encouraging, but in the event that you were trying to be... thanks. maybe best. I would rather be going on more interviews than just ending my dreams early.

Alright welp no acceptances and no rejections today. But I got an interesting email from Marquette saying "The Committee has decided to hold making a decision on your application at this time in the process. While both offers of admission and denials have been made at this point, your application will remain active in our applicant pool"
Is this a soft rejection?

Reactions: 3 users
I'm feeling down... :unsure:
no rejections but not accepted. sigh....

I know the feeling. I've spent months daydreaming about being accepted to my top choice only to get an email that I'm still under review :( Spent the day pretty sad about it, but at this point, I've come to terms with it and am trying to look on the bright side: it's only the first day for acceptances! It's a long process and things can still turn around. Wishing you the best of luck!! :)

Alright welp no acceptances and no rejections today. But I got an interesting email from Marquette saying "The Committee has decided to hold making a decision on your application at this time in the process. While both offers of admission and denials have been made at this point, your application will remain active in our applicant pool"
Have I been waitlisted or is this a common email sent out for today (first day of acceptance not.s)
read post #6 that I wrote

Could I ask you what your email looked like? Because i got a weird email from tuft (they sent me a video link, saying this is message from your tufts family and in the header it said: Congrats to tufts class of 2023), and i'm not sure what this is... especially since I did not interview with Tufts haha

Oh wow, I got the same exact email! I’m shocked that they sent it to you with no interview. I interviewed with them back in October.

Not yet! I havent heard from anyone if they got any contact yet. Makes me feel better Im not the only one who hasnt heard back yet.
Yeah, me too. Let me know if you hear anything! It sounds like last year not everyone was notified the first day, one even in January

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

I got this email as well! Haven't interviewed there though

Acceptance #1 ASDOH
Acceptance #2 Nova
Acceptance #3 Roseman
Acceptance #4 UDM

Did not hear from LECOM.

As a low GPA applicant I am feeling so blessed right now! Good luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 8 users
Acceptance #1 ASDOH
Acceptance #2 Nova
Acceptance #3 Roseman
Acceptance #4 UDM

Did not hear from LECOM.

As a low GPA applicant I am feeling so blessed right now! Good luck to everyone!!
Congratulations!!

Acceptance # 1: Temple
Acceptance # 2: Touro
Acceptance # 3: Case Western Reserve
Acceptance # 4: UPitt 32K scholarship
Acceptance # 5: Western U
Acceptance # 6: USC
Acceptance # 7: UCLA

Still waiting on one school w/ interview. Congratulations and good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 11 users
Unfortunately, you need to wait a little longer as they will consider more applicants to be interviewed once those with multiple acceptances will decline the offer.
So it's normal to not receive any emails or any aadsas updates if you're waitlisted?

Acceptance # 1: Temple
Acceptance # 2: Touro
Acceptance # 3: Case Western Reserve
Acceptance # 4: UPitt 32K scholarship
Acceptance # 5: Western U
Acceptance # 6: USC
Acceptance # 7: UCLA

Still waiting on one school w/ interview. Congratulations and good luck to everyone!

Only 7 acceptances?... Scrub

Reactions: 9 users
Acceptance #1!
School:
Medical University of South Carolina
Notification date: 12/03
Method of notification: UPS Letter
Residency: SC
AADSAS mail-out date: August 28th
GPA (science, overall): 3.40, 3.70
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/22/21
interview date: November 2nd

Reactions: 5 users
Where are you headed? Congrats to you!

Thank you!! If I'm not mistaken, you're a fellow Floridian, so an extra special congratulations on your acceptances !!! :claps::claps::soexcited:
About where I'm going, NO CLUE. I wish I could go to them all!! I'm seriously torn between Maryland and Pittsburgh. Can I just attend both? I'm willing to commute all 5is hours it takes..

Thank you!! If I'm not mistaken, you're a fellow Floridian, so an extra special congratulations on your acceptances !!! :claps::claps::soexcited:
About where I'm going, NO CLUE. I wish I could go to them all!! I'm seriously torn between Maryland and Pittsburgh. Can I just attend both? I'm willing to commute all 5is hours it takes..
If you don't mind my asking, what is the COA for those? Just curious. And thanks so much. I'm very excited about LECOM :love:

I think I speak for everyone when I say that yesterday was a crazy day, full of surprises, and full of moments where we realized that all of our hard work for years has paid off! WE ARE GOING TO BE DENTIST EVERYONE!! Get your head wrapped around THAT!

Acceptance #1: NOVA via phone call
Acceptance #2:Case Western via email
Acceptance #3: University of Maryland via email
Acceptance #4: Tufts by email
Acceptance #5: Columbia University by phone & email
Acceptance #6: University of Michigan with 40K scholarship via phone call
Acceptance #7: University of North Carolina Chapel Hill via phone call
Acceptance #8: University of Pennsylvania with 40K scholarship via phone
Acceptance #9: Stony Brook University

Rejection #1: University of Connecticut

Good luck to everyone as we all wait to hear back from the rest of the schools ! and CONGRATS to everyone as well :) I'm so happy for all of us, together.

Reactions: 14 users
I think I speak for everyone when I say that yesterday was a crazy day, full of surprises, and full of moments where we realized that all of our hard work for years has paid off! WE ARE GOING TO BE DENTIST EVERYONE!! Get your head wrapped around THAT!

Good luck to everyone as we all wait to hear back from the rest of the schools ! and CONGRATS to everyone as well :) I'm so happy for all of us, together.

dang! you killed this cycle!!
how are you going to choose?

I cannot believe the day finally came and I am going to be a dentist!!!! :soexcited:

Accepted to:
#1 University of Minnesota via email:clap:
#2 Creighton University via email:love:
#3 UMKC Via phone call:laugh:

I am not sure how i am going to decide between Creighton and Minnesota at the moment, I do get reciprocity if I attend Minnesota which is where I am leaning at the moment, but still very uncertain!!!!
I'm in the same boat as you with MN vs Creighton and the instate at MN. What's influencing your decision to go to MN?

Interview #5 but declining
ASDOH and stats in sig. interview dates available are 12/12 and 1/15

Is it just me or have others also gotten accepted to schools they didnt think they'd have a chance to get into while getting waitlisted/rejected at schools that are, lets say more liberal, with the stats and number of ppl they interview? Lol

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Reactions: 5 users
Wow, that was quick!
Submitted background check report yesterday and now I submitted to be released (the investigation completed in one day)! If anyone curious it cost me $54.00.
Does anyone know, if the school have access to my report automatically or I need to send them? Thanks

Reactions: 2 users

Congratulations!!! What are your stats, if you don't mind me asking?

Was accepted to 6 schools yesterday, still extremely overwhelmed and I'm so shoook haha!

#1: UConn, email
#2: Maryland, email
#3: Columbia, email then phone call
#4: Harvard, phone call then email
#5: Penn, phone call, also scholarship for $20k per year
#6: Rutgers, email but also my AADSAS portal was updated beforehand

I wish luck to everyone else applying this cycle and want to congratulate everyone on their acceptances as well! For those still waiting, I'm sure the waiting will pay off at the end, don't give up hope :) If anyone has any advice/thoughts on how they're making their decisions please hmu!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.