*~*~*~* Official 2018-2019 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a call at 5 PM last night from Stony Brook with an offer of acceptance.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Check with them to be sure. Congratulations!

Thanks a lot. I will try to email the chair of the biology department, telling him about my acceptance and hopefully they will let me override microbiology because they require cell bio as pre-req and I am taking cell bio this spring semester, so hopefully, they will let me take them both. If not, I will check with Nova is they will accept that course.

Got my first acceptance and first rejection today January the 7th
#1 acceptance
Nova Yay
Method of contact: Call
#1 rejection
UCSF Nay
Method of contact: Email

I am out of state for both...
GPA/SGPA: 4.00, 4.00
DAT AA/TS: 23/24

FYi: I applied to Nova October 25th and to UCSF October the 26th( during their extended time when Micheal storm hit the east coast, so I submitted on the very last day :X3:)

Interview date for Nova was around the very end of November
Interview date for UCSF: Non existent, I was rejected without an interview.

Nova was the first school that contacted me, and the only school that invited me to a pre-decmeber interview. My status was invited to Nova the whole month, so I almost given up hope on them until I received the call today :)
However, I can't take Microbilogy at my university. I can take Inrdocutory microbiology at the community college, I hope they will accept it or else I am doomed :smack:

I want to add that my mom has been in the hospital for the last 8 days, I spent new year at the ER, and I received both acceptance and rejection at the hospital.

So life works in a weird way sometimes.
FAEFLYYYY LEZZGOO BABY!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
#1 acceptance
Nova Yay
#1 rejection
UCSF Nay

FYi: I applied to Nova October 25th and to UCSF October the 26th( during their extended time when Micheal storm hit the east coast, so I submitted on the very last day :X3:)

Nova was the first school that contacted me, and the only school that invited me to a pre-decmeber interview. My status was invited to Nova the whole month, so I almost given up hope on them until I received the call today :)
However, I can't take Microbilogy at my university. I can take Inrdocutory microbiology at the community college, I hope they will accept it or else I am doomed :smack:

I want to add that my mom has been in the hospital for the last 8 days, I spent new year at the ER, and I received both acceptance and rejection at the hospital.

Finally! Congrats!

#2 acceptance
Rutgers. Yay
Method of contact: email
This was a post-December interview.
I am also Out of state for NJ.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
has anyone heard from UIC? I was wait listed and trying to see if they have started accepting second round

also, i sent an email to uic saying how i want to go there, anyone do something similar and get a response? I have been ghosted lol

#1 acceptance
Nova Yay
#1 rejection
UCSF Nay

congrats!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off the Oklahoma OOS waitlist today! Go sooners! lol

Reactions: 5 users
Are you able to receive more offers/interviews even after you accepted one from a school? Can the schools see decisions made on AADSAS? Just trying to hold out for the best school.

Are you able to receive more offers/interviews even after you accepted one from a school? Can the schools see decisions made on AADSAS? Just trying to hold out for the best school.
The school won't make you a better dentist... its just a paper on your wall. Its about how you treat people and how you live your life!! Be grateful that you have made it to the last part of your journey!! Congrats!!!

Acceptance #3
School: Nova
Notification date: 1/7/2018
Method of notification: Call

Interview #7
School: UPenn
Notification date: 1/9/2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/6/18
Application complete date: 10/1/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/23/24/26/none

Reactions: 3 users
Did you interview there?
I didn't so if you did there might be some hope for you. They probably only send it to the ones that didnt receive an interview invite.

"The Admissions Committee received over 2700 applications for this year's cycle through the American Dental Education Association (ADEA).

A variety of objective and subjective criteria enter into the evaluation of each individual application regarding their consideration for admission. Applicants compete for a limited number of seats, and this year's pool was extremely competitive. Regretfully, I must inform you that your application was not among those selected for the University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine's 2019 entering class, and we are no longer considering your application.

The Admissions Committee and the Administration of the University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine appreciates your interest in our school and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. "

I didn't so if you did there might be some hope for you. They probably only send it to the ones that didnt receive an interview invite.

"The Admissions Committee received over 2700 applications for this year's cycle through the American Dental Education Association (ADEA).

A variety of objective and subjective criteria enter into the evaluation of each individual application regarding their consideration for admission. Applicants compete for a limited number of seats, and this year's pool was extremely competitive. Regretfully, I must inform you that your application was not among those selected for the University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine's 2019 entering class, and we are no longer considering your application.

The Admissions Committee and the Administration of the University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine appreciates your interest in our school and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. "

Received the same email today... rejected with no interview :(

Interview #4
School:
Maryland
Notification date: 1/11
Residency: New Jersey
AADSAS mail-out date: 11/20
Application complete date: 12/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.98, Overall 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/25/24/22/None
Interview Date: Feb 27, other option is Feb 19

acceptance to uic today at 4:30 or so. I interviewed in october

Acceptance #4
School: Detroit
Notification date: 1/10/2018
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/3/18
Application complete date: not sure

Reactions: 2 users
Acceptance #4
School: Detroit
Notification date: 1/10/2018
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/3/18
Application complete date: not sure
Congrats! Is this where you are planning on attending?

Interview #1
School:
Tufts
Notification date: 1/14
GPA (science, overall): uGPA: 3.3 / gGPA: 3.8
Dates available OR your interview date: January 22th, 24th, 28th

Literally screamed and ugly cried on my lab floor for like 15 minutes. It still doesn't feel real... :soexcited:

Reactions: 14 users
Interview #1
School:
Tufts

Literally screamed and ugly cried on my lab floor for like 15 minutes. It still doesn't feel real... :soexcited:
Can you pm me?

I was accepted to Case on 12/3. I received post-Dec interview invites to two other schools, and I accepted them because one is a top choice for me, and I’m keeping my options open. Do you guys think I should keep the acceptance to myself during my interviews (assuming they ask about it)? Will admissions frown upon the fact that I’ve paid a deposit for a school already? I’d love your thoughts...comment or PM me pls :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I was accepted to Case on 12/3. I received post-Dec interview invites to two other schools, and I accepted them because one is a top choice for me, and I’m keeping my options open. Do you guys think I should keep the acceptance to myself during my interviews (assuming they ask about it)? Will admissions frown upon the fact that I’ve paid a deposit for a school already? I’d love your thoughts...comment or PM me pls :)

I think IF they ask about it, you should be honest. State simply the truth. Something like, "I have been accepted to another school, but THIS SCHOOL is my top choice. I would prefer to attend this school because of x, y, z."

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Interview #1
School:
Tufts

When did you submit your application? Also congrats!! :)

Acceptance #1
School: Temple
Notification date: 1/16/2018
Method of notification: AADSAS portal
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/15/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.98, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/25/24/22/none

Acceptance #1
School: Temple
Notification date: 1/16/2018
Method of notification: AADSAS portal
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/15/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.98, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/25/24/22/none

Your stats are incredible, congratulations.

Got my rejection from lecom today via snail mail. It's weird that I got rejected from the place where I felt like I interviewed best at and accepted to the one I felt like I did horrible lmao. Oh well :shrug:

Got my rejection from lecom today via snail mail. It's weird that I got rejected from the place where I felt like I interviewed best at and accepted to the one I felt like I did horrible lmao. Oh well :shrug:

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life."
-Captain Jean-Luc Picard

If Lecom didn't work out I'm sure another school that is a better fit will.

Reactions: 4 users
Acceptance #1: Touro
Interview #2: USC

Reactions: 5 users

I am sorry about your rejection and I hope you get accepted at one of your state schools.

Interview # 1
School
: Tufts
Notification date: 12/18/2018
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: not sure
Application complete date: 10/10/18
GPA (science, overall): 2.62/2.8 undergrad --> 3.679 grad
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/20/21/None
Dates available OR your interview date: January 8 & January 14

Just got my acceptance email today!!!
If I can do it, anyone can

Accepted at UNLV, got the call this morning at 8:30am!!! OMG!!! I almost cried!! I wish everyone the very best of luck getting in!! I'm going to be a dentist. Its been a very hard and painful journey full of growth, hurt, pain, and now bliss!!

Reactions: 20 users
Status
Not open for further replies.