USMLE Official 2018 Step 1 Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Foot Fetish

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've always wanted to start one of these...So here we go! :)

My stats:

M2
Test time: June 2018
Goal score: 270

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Our Student Affairs coordinator got an email and they relayed the information to us since everyone in my class has been calling the office freaking out.
did they specify what time exactly tomorrow also? i am also freaking out now lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Argh, I don't want to wait any longer to know whether or not I have a passion for orthopedic surgery!

Reactions: 21 users
June 1st - June 22nd get their scores tomorrow
Guess I'm drinking
I'm about 98% sure I failed! My guess, 193 or some **** like that.

Hmm that's interesting...according to the USMLE website: "The target date for reporting Step 1 scores for most examinees testing the week of May 7 through early June will be Wednesday, July 11, 2018." - I guess they're expanding early June to late June. FREAKING out.

Isnt it sad sometimes that a three digit score can dictate the rest of our lives and hinder us from pursuing our passion?
Pretty much...no matter how compassionate or hard-working you are before this test....if you make one single mistake on this test, everything change...ridiculous

Reactions: 1 user
To reiterate how they report scores: for US students, at 11 AM est and 8 AM PT the pdf doc of your score will be posted on the website. The email may or may not come before then, but the email is irrelevant bc it gets posted at 11 anyway. The pdf will have your result and score on the first page and your strength bars on the second.

The website crashed last year so even though my link appeared at 11 AM exactly it didnt fully open/load for like 15 minutes.

I hope everyone celebrates tomorrow, you deserve it!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I simply can't sleep tonight and have been refreshing website every half an hour while hugging my Bible. I'm not a gunner by any means and have barely passed my NBME practice exam. I need a freaking miracle. Please keep me in your prayers. May all of us get the score we wish for. #SendingPositiveVibesToAll

Reactions: 6 users
Goodluck to those getting their results today. I'm anxious for you guys! I'll keep refreshing for your good news.

Reactions: 5 users
Good luck to everyone!
60035499.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
If my school pulls through and posts these scores at 8am, I swear I will never say another bad thing about them.

Reactions: 4 users
Holy ****. 261. Oh my god.

Edit: to prevent panic, this was directly from my school. Nothing on the NBME website yet.

Reactions: 34 users
Holy ****. 261. Oh my god.

Edit: to prevent panic, this was directly from my school. Nothing on the NBME website yet.
Woah congrat...how did you get your score already..? I guess it is really time you should stop talking bad about your school

For everyone asking for Lannister's scores. This is what they posted on reddit.

"Got my score via my school just now. 261!!!! So happy.

NBME 13 (7 weeks out): 234

CBSE (6.5 weeks out): 248

UWSA 1 (4 weeks out): 258

UWSA 2 (3 weeks out): 256

NBME 15 (2 weeks out): 261

NBME 16 (10 days out): 263

NBME 17 (8 days out): 257

NBME 18 (7 days out): 255

NBME 19 (5 days out): 255

Free 120 (3 days out): 87%"

Reactions: 6 users
Thanks everyone! I'm at work now but later tonight I'll post a write-up! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Reactions: 3 users
Hello everyone! I wish everyone that waits the results to be happy with the outcome!

I am a non US IMG and got 232! The truth is I was expecting more... But it is what it is now.

I want IM. Will I be able to match in a decent program?

Reactions: 2 users
Why does this seem to be a trend that some people are getting lower than expected scores this time? I took the test on June 28th and I am probably heading for a heartbreak next week. Oops.

People are scoring >10 points less than their UWSA2 scores on reddit. Damn.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I wish everyone that waits the results to be happy with the outcome!

I am a non US IMG and got 232! The truth is I was expecting more... But it is what it is now.

I want IM. Will I be able to match in a decent program?

I think so. When did you take the exam?

Why does this seem to be a trend that some people are getting lower than expected scores this time? I took the test on June 28th and I am probably heading for a heartbreak next week. Oops.

People are scoring >10 points less than their UWSA2 scores on reddit. Damn.

Unfortunately thats why I expected more. Actually the most accurate test for me was NBME 18 that I had 230 2weeks before the exams

I think so. When did you take the exam?

thank you! 5/29

So I’m about to have a panic attack; I just sat for Step 1 on Monday (7/9) and went to hit the “print permit” tab on the page, and I got the “Appliation Error: Permit is not available.. etc.” page.... I thought this is only supposed to happen the day your score gets released?
You get that message once you sit for the exam. The "print permit" button will all together disappear the week your score will be released (usually the Sunday before, and you get the score Wednesday). You're all good, don't worry

You get that message once you sit for the exam. The "print permit" button will all together disappear the week your score will be released (usually the Sunday before, and you get the score Wednesday). You're all good, don't worry

Okay thank God haha. I had been under the impression that that's what everyone was referring to, good thing I won’t have my last 5 days before my COMLEX ruined with a low Step 1.