*~*~* Official 2019-2020 AADSAS Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

The dental application opened on May 14th, 2019, and today (June 4th, 2019) is the first day you can submit! These are exciting times!!

2018-2019 Application Timeline Thread (This was not created for this cycle due to the poll results. Change that by clicking on the link & voting!)

2018-2019 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection thread

Please use the following format to keep things nice and pretty:

Interview/Acceptance/Rejection #_ (pick 1 of 3 and add your number)
School:
Name
Notification date: Date
Method of notification: Portal or Email or Call
Residency: State
AADSAS mail-out date: Date your app was verified
Application complete date: Date the school said your file was complete
GPA (science, overall): x.xx, x.xx
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): Scores if you want to post
Dates available OR your interview date: Post if you want to!

Don't forget to post in the school specific thread too, which can be found here: *** Official C/O 2024 Dental School Compilation Thread ***

Interviews should be coming in reallllly soon, so good luck everyone! Rock those interviews! :soexcited:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Interview #1
School: University of Iowa
Notification date: 10 June 2019
Method of notification: Email and Call
Residency: Iowa
AADSAS mail-out date: 4 June 2019
Application complete date: 4 June 2019
GPA (science, overall): 3.20, 3.34
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/21/22/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 13 August 2019

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Deferral
Notification date: 6/11/19
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Idaho
AADSAS mail-out date: June 4
Application complete date: June 9
GPA (science, overall): 3.61, 3.77
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/21/23
Dates available OR your interview date:
N/A

Does anyone know what the deferral means? I feel like I am a decent applicant and getting deferred a week into the cycle seems weird to me. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
Deferral
Notification date: 6/11/19
Residency: Idaho
AADSAS mail-out date: June 4
Application complete date: June 9
GPA (science, overall): 3.61, 3.77
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/21/23
N/A

Does anyone know what the deferral means? I feel like I am a decent applicant and getting deferred a week into the cycle seems weird to me. Any thoughts?
decision to invite or reject is on hold until they get more information or to compare you to more applicants
better than a rejection, and not silence like you get from most schools

Reactions: 1 user
Interview #1
Notification date: 10 June 2019
Method of notification: Email and Call
Residency: Iowa
Application complete date: 4 June 2019
GPA (science, overall): 3.20, 3.34
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/21/22/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 13 August 2019

Iowa is always the first to invite for interviews!! dang, they are quick.

congrats btw!

Interview #1
School:
Midwestern - AZ
Notification date: 6/13/19
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/6
Application complete date: 6/11
GPA (science, overall): 3.6, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/22/21/none

Interview #1
School:
Midwestern - AZ
Notification date: 6/13/19
Application complete date: 6/11
Congratulations!!!

I applied there too and I haven’t got the link to pay the supplemental! Did they send you an email?

Congratulations!!!

I applied there too and I haven’t got the link to pay the supplemental! Did they send you an email?

Yeah they sent me an email to set up an account where you can pay the fee and answer some questions. Midwestern AZ and IL use the same website but they have different supplementals. I received the link on June 10th. Hope y'all receive yours soon!

Yeah they sent me an email to set up an account where you can pay the fee and answer some questions. Midwestern AZ and IL use the same website but they have different supplementals. I received the link on June 10th. Hope y'all receive yours soon!
Thank you answering, the question in the supplemental were essay type? Long questions? Thank you in advance

Thank you answering, the question in the supplemental were essay type? Long questions? Thank you in advance
Midwestern - Arizona's supplemental was short. Midwestern - Illinois asked 3 essay type of questions that has a character limit of 1500 characters.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #1
School:
Midwestern - AZ
Notification date: 6/14/19
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/4
Application complete date: 6/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.97, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/26/23/21/none

Just want to say "Good Luck" to all of you future dentists out there. For some, it will be a glorious experience, for others (like myself) a torturous marathon! Don't be swayed, don't give up, persist!!! You will be rewarded for your hard work!

Reactions: 7 users
Interview #1
Notification date: June 16 2019
Residency: Michigan
Application complete date: 11 June 2019
GPA (science, overall): 3.85, 3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/20/21/none
Dates available OR your interview date: Aug 13 2019

Interview #1
Notification date: June 16 2019
Residency: Michigan
Application complete date: 11 June 2019
GPA (science, overall): 3.85, 3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/20/21/none
Dates available OR your interview date: Aug 13 2019
I'll be interviewing the same day! Look forward to meeting you!

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations to all who are already receiving interviews! I would like to say good luck to all! I know a lot of us are nervous, including myself. I just submitted my application today. Once again, good luck!

As someone who applied to Iowa these interview invitations are making me nervous. WHAT IF THEY DON'T LIKE ME AHHHHH

You're in for a long cycle lmao
You have no idea man! My heart beats so hard and I legitimately have trouble sleeping and when I do I only get like 3 hours of sleep; what if they think I'm lying about my extracurricular, what if I mess up during my interviews, what if my advisers don't remember me, what if they lose my application, what if I only get accepted to the most expensive school or even worst I GET NO ACCEPTANCES! IT'S KILLING ME, every e-mail my heart races !

You have no idea man! My heart beats so hard and I legitimately have trouble sleeping and when I do I only get like 3 hours of sleep; what if they think I'm lying about my extracurricular, what if I mess up during my interviews, what if my advisers don't remember me, what if they lose my application, what if I only get accepted to the most expensive school or even worst I GET NO ACCEPTANCES! IT'S KILLING ME, every e-mail my heart races !
you need to chill out
it's only going to get worse as the cycle progresses

Reactions: 11 users

As a second-time applicant, let me tell you: I felt that same way my first application attempt. Then I failed. It is okay. LOL. You will be alright.

As someone who applied to Iowa these interview invitations are making me nervous. WHAT IF THEY DON'T LIKE ME AHHHHH

Ehh... I’m on my third cycle. My application is already submitted and I haven’t batted an eye. At this point I’m just like, “If I keep on applying the have to eventually let me in.”

Reactions: 6 users
Ehh... I’m on my third cycle. My application is already submitted and I haven’t batted an eye. At this point I’m just like, “If I keep on applying the have to eventually let me in.”
Did you apply to more than one school this time?

Interview #1
School: Nova
Notification date: June 20th 2019
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: June 4th 2019
Application complete date: June 13th 2019
GPA (science, overall): 4.0, 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/19/17/23/none
Interview 8/6/2019, available dates were any tues, wed, or thurs in august.

Interview #1
Notification date: June 20th 2019
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: June 11th 2019
Application complete date: June 17th 2019
GPA (science, overall): 3.68, 3.82
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/26/24/22/None
Aug 20 2019

Interview #2
Notification date:
6/20/19

Interview #2
Notification date:
6/20/19
what date are you going?

Congrats! Have you received a call from Nova and was told that they have received your application for review this or last week?

Nova called me last week when they received my supplemental on monday 6/10. I submitted my supplemental and fee on 6/7

Nova called me last week when they received my supplemental on monday 6/10. I submitted my supplemental and fee on 6/7
Got you, thanks for the info! Good luck with your interview!

That’s literally the boat I’m in.

Interview: #1
School: NOVA
Notification date: 06/26/19
Residency: Ohio
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/13/19
Application complete date: 06/19/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.4ish, 3.543
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22AA/22TS/20PAT/25 Reading/nope
Interview date: August 15

Interview #1
School:
Midwestern - AZ
Notification date: 6/27/19
Residency: Arizona
AADSAS mail-out date:
6/18
Application complete date: 6/21
GPA (science, overall): 3.53, 3.43
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/19/18/none
Nice! They waitlisted me for an interview. They emailed me and said even though my GPA and DAT were very competitive for them, I didn't give enough information about who I was in my personal statement. I'm confused because I felt like I answered why I wanted to pursue a career in dentistry on my personal statement. I didn't think they wanted me to put personal things about myself on there.

Nice! They waitlisted me for an interview. They emailed me and said even though my GPA and DAT were very competitive for them, I didn't give enough information about who I was in my personal statement. I'm confused because I felt like I answered why I wanted to pursue a career in dentistry on my personal statement. I didn't think they wanted me to put personal things about myself on there.
That stinks! There are quite a few people that apply to MWU as well as many other schools, so you may have a chance to move off the waitlist once the interviews and acceptances start coming out. That is if this is your top school.

What is your state of residency?

What is your state of residency?
I am an Idaho resident. It shouldn't matter to them though because they are a private school.

My stats are
GPA: 3.77
sGPA: 3.61

20 DAT/ 19 TS/ 21 PAT/ 23 RC None under 17

Great! Makes me feel so much better cause I thought I was the only masters student here. What schools have you applied?

Great! Makes me feel so much better cause I thought I was the only masters student here. What schools have you applied?
I'm applying to all the Texas schools for sure, as I'm from Texas. I still have not finalized my AADSAS school list :( I know for sure I'm applying to WesternU, though! What about you?

I'm applying to all the Texas schools for sure, as I'm from Texas. I still have not finalized my AADSAS school list :( I know for sure I'm applying to WesternU, though! What about you?
Actually same! I am a texas resident myself so all three Texas schools for sure! Also, deciding between WesternU, NOVA, LECOM, Tufts & UDM(might add more!).

I am an Idaho resident. It shouldn't matter to them though because they are a private school.

My stats are
GPA: 3.77
sGPA: 3.61

20 DAT/ 19 TS/ 21 PAT/ 23 RC None under 17
You have good stats, good luck! They rejected me because of my QR score.I got 17..
Ogpa:3.61
Sgpa:3.56
21 AA/22 TS/22 PAT/21 RC

You have good stats, good luck! They rejected me because of my QR score.I got 17..
Ogpa:3.61
Sgpa:3.56
21 AA/22 TS/22 PAT/21 RC

That’s really surprising - your stats are great! Did you get rejected for interview this cycle or last cycle?

What schools have sent out interview invites thus far?

Status
Not open for further replies.