*~*~* Official 2019-2020 AADSAS Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who recently got accepted ,does anyone know what specific phone number I should be expecting and keep a look out for ? I get spam/scam calls a lot.

Acceptance # 1
School:
Midwestern- IL
Notification date: 2/14
Method of notification: Call
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/23/2019
Application complete date: 9/23/2019
GPA (science, overall): 3.2 (with masters)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/23/23/ QR 16
interview date: 02/12

If your stats are low do not give up! I applied 4 times and finally got an interview with an acceptance 1 day later. If I can do it so can anyone of you!!!!!!

Reactions: 18 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am on alternate list at MUSC. Anyone else here too ?

Acceptance # 1
School:
Midwestern- IL
Notification date: 2/14
Method of notification: Call
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/23/2019
Application complete date: 9/23/2019
GPA (science, overall): 3.2 (with masters)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/23/23/ QR 16
interview date: 02/12

If your stats are low do not give up! I applied 4 times and finally got an interview with an acceptance 1 day later. If I can do it so can anyone of you!!!!!!

Can I PM you with questions about the master's and reapplication?

Acceptance #1 (after waitlist)
School:
Midwestern-IL
Notification date: 3/16
Method of notification: Phone
AADSAS mail-out date: 12/17/19
Application complete date: 1/2/2020
GPA: Undergrad- Science-3.1 Overall-3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 21/20/21/26; 17QR
Interview date: 1/25

Reactions: 2 users
For those who recently got accepted ,does anyone know what specific phone number I should be expecting and keep a look out for ? I get spam/scam calls a lot.

Just try to look out for the area code of the school.

How do y'all think covid-19 is going to affect movement of the waitlists?

Hi!
I have applied to some school for which my status hasn't changed from "non" to "review" or "application recieved". I have called the schools and most of their replies are more or less the same - "the status will change in a few weeks" or "make sure you have submitted everything". I was wondering what I should think of this and if this means that I still have a chance of recieving an interview?
Thank you!

How do schools feel about reaching out to them regarding why your application was denied and how to improve? Also what is the difference between a masters and a postbac?
Master degree gives you a new set of GPA apart from your undergrad GPA. Postbac only gives you a chance to improve your undergrad GPA.
I think schools appreciate it if you reach out to them as it shows your persistence and motivation. On top of that, you will be able to know how to improve your application/interview performance.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, I recently wrote the Canadian DAT and it didn't go as well as I hoped :lame: I am planning to retake the DAT and write the American DAT in July. Do you guys mind giving me your input as to whether it is going to be too late in the application cycle? Please any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi everyone, I recently wrote the Canadian DAT and it didn't go as well as I hoped :lame: I am planning to retake the DAT and write the American DAT in July. Do you guys mind giving me your input as to whether it is going to be too late in the application cycle? Please any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Nope! I took mine last year in late July and it definitely wasn’t too late.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

to add on to above, I took the DAT on 8/31 for this past cycle and still got multiple interviews and got into my top choice! Taking it in July will be just fine

acceptance #2
school: UIC college of dentistry
Notification date: 4/23/2020
Method of notification: email
residency: Illinois
GPA (science, overall): 3.1, 3.0
DAT (AA/TS) : 21 ,20

my dream school, never stop believing!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Is anyone else still hoping to hear back even though its pretty late in the game? :(

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone else still hoping to hear back even though its pretty late in the game? :(
Admissions person: "We continue accepting people from the waitlist into the first week of classes."
Me: "Okay, thank you" **Hunee, I don't want to wait until the first week of classes, I want to know NOW**

BTW, does anyone know if this is true - students holding two or more seats have to choose just one school by a May 15th deadline per AADSAS, or did I misread and get trolled again on SDN?

acceptance #2
school: UIC college of dentistry
Notification date: 4/23/2020
Method of notification: email
residency: Illinois
GPA (science, overall): 3.1, 3.0
DAT (AA/TS) : 21 ,20

my dream school, never stop believing!

I want to be happy for you, but I have higher stats and got rejected - feeling sorry for myself.

P.S. Did they ask you if you spoke Spanish during your interview? I speak another romance language but not Spanish and I felt the mood change when it seemed like I didn't care enough to learn Spanish - hindsight's 20/20 I should have said I'm taking classes on Rosetta Stone.

I want to be happy for you, but I have higher stats and got rejected - feeling sorry for myself.

P.S. Did they ask you if you spoke Spanish during your interview? I speak another romance language but not Spanish and I felt the mood change when it seemed like I didn't care enough to learn Spanish - hindsight's 20/20 I should have said I'm taking classes on Rosetta Stone.
Stats will get you the interview, but from then on it's going to be based on your interview and how well they think you'll fit in. I promise you speaking spanish isn't the deciding factor on your admissions lol. It seems like you'd really want to know now from admissions on your status but truth of the matter is a lot of schools are full-- if you want them to give you a decision now it'd just be a rejection. I suggest getting started on reapplying and getting your app in early, and do more mock interviews.

if it makes you feel better I had great stats and never heard back from joe mama's school of dental medicine ;p

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Stats will get you the interview, but from then on it's going to be based on your interview and how well they think you'll fit in. I promise you speaking spanish isn't the deciding factor on your admissions lol. It seems like you'd really want to know now from admissions on your status but truth of the matter is a lot of schools are full-- if you want them to give you a decision now it'd just be a rejection. I suggest getting started on reapplying and getting your app in early, and do more mock interviews.

I got accepted to several other schools, thankfully. I agree my Spanish language abilities weren't a deciding factor but I didn't feel very good during that interview - my rejection was probably for the best.

Everything happens for a reason. I am fortunate in general to be accepted as a first time applicant.

they didn't ask if I spoke another language but I made sure during my interview to let them know how I stood out from other applicants since I have a diverse background and have unique non dental experiences such as working in the beverage industry (anheuser busch)

learning another language is a huge asset regardless of profession

Best of luck to you in dental school!

Reactions: 4 users
Admissions person: "We continue accepting people from the waitlist into the first week of classes."
Me: "Okay, thank you" **Hunee, I don't want to wait until the first week of classes, I want to know NOW**

BTW, does anyone know if this is true - students holding two or more seats have to choose just one school by a May 15th deadline per AADSAS, or did I misread and get trolled again on SDN?

Are you on the waitlist for a school?
I’ve heard that they will accept people up until the day they start but I think it depends of the school. Did you call a school and they told you this?
I am currently on a waitlist too and it sucks sooo bad to have to wait.

Are you on the waitlist for a school?
I’ve heard that they will accept people up until the day they start but I think it depends of the school. Did you call a school and they told you this?
I am currently on a waitlist too and it sucks sooo bad to have to wait.
yeah, i'm waitlisted, called and was told this...

Is it frowned upon to continue updating schools you're waitlisted at / or calling every 3-4 weeks? I’m losing hope..but I also don’t know if this bothers them.

Is it frowned upon to continue updating schools you're waitlisted at / or calling every 3-4 weeks? I’m losing hope..but I also don’t know if this bothers them.
Keep doing it every 2 weeks.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

Locked to prevent confusion between last cycle and this current cycle. Please use the CO 2024 school specific thread for updates on the 2019-2020 cycle :)

Status
Not open for further replies.