*~*~* Official 2019-2020 AADSAS Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*

About the Ads
Jul 11, 2019
Georgia
Status
Pre-Dental
Accepted: Case Western
Waitlist: Utah, Kentucky, DCG (State school)
January interview offered at Louisville

Reactions: Joshclmn321
OP
artist2022

artist2022

D2 :)
2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2016
Status
Dental Student

dpt227

2+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2017
acceptances:
UK - email at midnight, call later
IU - email at midnight, call later
western - call

waitlist:
UIC - my instate school.. ouch
Hey, curious - did UIC formally put you on a waitlist or did they just not accept/reject you?

About the Ads

hunterdunc

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
Jun 6, 2019
Iowa
Status
Pre-Dental
University of Georgia at Augusta?? At least I thought the abbrev. was UGA
Nah UGA stands for just University of Georgia.....there website url is literally UGA.edu

Reactions: jll2796

Vendetta27

2+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Nah UGA stands for just University of Georgia.....there website url is literally UGA.edu
Yup, this is correct. The only dental school in Georgia is at Augusta University and is called the Dental College of Georgia (DCG for short).

Vendetta27

2+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
TIL they’re different
Haha yeah. Here are some fun facts for you.
1. DCG is located on the border line of South Carolina and Georgia.
2. There are DCG students who live in SC and cross a bridge and boom - they are at the dental school.
3. It's quite cheaper for SC state residents to go to DCG than their own state school of MUSC.
4. They get a day off of school for the start of the Masters golf tournament (It starts in Augusta every year).
5. Epstein didn't .....ehhhhhh you know the rest.

Anyway, I have a question, has anyone written a letter of interest to a school before receiving an interview? Did it affect whether you got an interview?

Jul 4, 2018
Status
Pre-Dental
Acceptance #2- Midwestern AZ- Notified in person at the end of my interview this afternoon.
Have you decided which school you are going to attend? I saw you were also accepted to UW, so I’m curious what you think of the UW. I’m having a difficult time deciding whether or not I want to accept the offer I received from the UW.

hunterdunc

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
Jun 6, 2019
Iowa
Status
Pre-Dental
Have you decided which school you are going to attend? I saw you were also accepted to UW, so I’m curious what you think of the UW. I’m having a difficult time deciding whether or not I want to accept the offer I received from the UW.
Why accept the offer if Iowa was your top choice? Give that spot up for someone else. This profession is about being unselfish if you accept that offer your just wasting money and wasting other people’s time. Please be a good person that’s all I ask! :)

Jul 4, 2018
Status
Pre-Dental
Why accept the offer if Iowa was your top choice? Give that spot up for someone else. This profession is about being unselfish if you accept that offer your just wasting money and wasting other people’s time. Please be a good person that’s all I ask! :)
I haven’t accepted any offers yet, I have until January to do that. I’m definitely leaning towards Iowa, I really liked it. Tuition is pretty similar, but being from the Seattle area I would be closer to family. Also the weather is far milder in Seattle than it is in Iowa but definitely leaning towards Iowa, my plan was always to only put down one deposit but I have a little bit of time to decide.

edit: it’s also just kind of scary to commit to moving to a state where you know no one and are pretty unfamiliar with. I wrote out a pros and cons list of Iowa vs UW and it was pretty obvious I should go to Iowa, it’s just that taking that first step is frightening.

Last edited:
About the Ads

hunterdunc

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
Jun 6, 2019
Iowa
Status
Pre-Dental
Relax bro, let him make his decision.
I was relaxed and no one told you to come into this :rofl: But I just wanted to make sure he was making only one deposit because it truly would be a waste of time and money on both ends. Just watching out for people as they make decisions. All in all, Apl101 you should take that leap. Iowa is amazing and you will love it. Look forward to becoming your classmate!

Sep 24, 2018
Status
Pre-Dental
Not yet, still kinda in shock from yesterday honestly, so I haven't even had time to weigh out all the pros and cons of each. Both great schools and felt like a great fit for me so it will be a tough choice. Deadline for my deposits are both in the first two weeks of Jan. I'll post in the " will be attending ___ and turning down ___ " thread once I decide.

OP
artist2022

artist2022

D2 :)
2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2016
Status
Dental Student
When does UCLA stop sending out interview invites?
We traditionally interview until March, but last year, there were very few post-Dec interview dates, probably just 1 (since only one person in the 2023 class said they interviewed post-Dec). Not sure how it'll be this year -- will probably have to wait until the deposit deadline to see how full the class is to decide whether or not they'll interview people.

Reactions: soontobedentstudent

red175

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
Apr 23, 2018
Status
Pre-Dental
Interview #2
School: UIC
Notification date: 12/30/2019
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IL
Application complete date: 07/24/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.0, 3.1
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20
Dates available OR your interview date: 1/21

Sep 24, 2018
Status
Pre-Dental
Attending UW for now, turned down Midwestern AZ

happy_6523

2+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Interview #4
School: UNLV
Notification date: 1/1/20
Residency: none
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/21/19
Application complete date: 9/10/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.41, 3.51
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/20/20/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 1/10 or 1/31

About the Ads

Martelleon

2+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Does anybody know when WesternU or LLU send out post-December interviews?

Sep 24, 2018
Status
Pre-Dental
Are you attending UW mainly because of the price difference?
No, in my research both schools were pretty close in overall COA for 4 years. Also I’m planning on military HPSP, so it was more a location decision for my wife and I.

paamp

7+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2012
Status
wow...
things were really different back in the Acceptance/Rejection thread of 2014-2015...
around Jan. 5 of 2015, that thread already hit 85 pages....
lol ppl were so vocal back then..
I've seen statistics from 2 separate schools from the most recent application cycle that have shown applications trending downwards. This is just a personal theory but I think the med-dental pendulum has been swinging back in favor of med recently with the rise in dental tuition and the rise in med salaries and more humane (still crazy) training for residents.

Aug 16, 2018
I've seen statistics from 2 separate schools from the most recent application cycle that have shown applications trending downwards. This is just a personal theory but I think the med-dental pendulum has been swinging back in favor of med recently with the rise in dental tuition and the rise in med salaries and more humane (still crazy) training for residents.
I am hearing numbers are way down across the country...

JustAWanderingStudent

2+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
No surprise to be honest. Medical school and its professions as of right now are basically going through its golden ages with much better result in terms of debt, pay, and honestly, hours worked (EM doctors have arguably bad hours but hospitals are seeing this and are being proactive in changing their working hours) and this is all due to the government keeping the residency spot fixed.
With schools that have both dental and med schools-- compare their tuition prices and you will see just how absurd the differences are.

Is it bad to feel as though the 1980s dental school "crash" will soon happen again?

Reactions: ToothJockey
Jun 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Dental
Interview #5
School: UK
Notification date: 1/6/20
Residency: NC
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25
Application complete date: 7/3
GPA (overall, science): 3.78, 3.71
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/18/20/none
Interview date: Will be turning down, thought I would post so people know they are sending out post-dec interviews.

Nov 2, 2018
Interview # 6
School: Columbia
Notification date: 01/06/2019
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/17/2019
Application complete date: 07/03/2019
GPA (science, overall): 3.93, 3.90
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/17/25/None

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using SDN mobile

Aug 16, 2019
Status
Pre-Dental
Interview #5
School: University of Florida
Notification date: 1/7/2020
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/20
Application complete date: 10/1
Undergrad GPA (science, overall): 3.29, 3.43
Graduate GPA (science, overall): 3.71, 3.74
Total GPA (science, overall): 3.38, 3.49
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/18/24/none below 17
Interview Date: January 17, 2020

Jun 11, 2019
Interview #2
School: Roseman University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine
Notification date: 1/7/2020
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/29
Application complete date: 07/30
Undergrad GPA (science, overall): 3.38, 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/17/25/23/ Math (16)
Interview Date: January 24, 2020

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2018
Status
Pre-Dental
Interview #8
School: University of Pennsylvania
Notification date: 1/7/20
Method of notification:
Email
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/6
Application complete date: 6/11
GPA (science, overall): 3.6, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/22/21/none

Jan 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Dental
YAHOOOOOO!!!! PRAISE. THE. DENTAL APP LAWDS!!

After hours, days, and months of creepin' on this thread,
hoping one day I would also join all of ya'll in the "Interview Invite" announcements,
(I swear it's been an emotional rollercoaster)

I am ECSTATIC to say that I got an invite today!!!! My first and only one so far!!

I hope I do not bomb this interview!!!
YAAAAaaaaaaaaa!! :biglove:

Vendetta27

2+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
YAHOOOOOO!!!! PRAISE. THE. DENTAL APP LAWDS!!

After hours, days, and months of creepin' on this thread,
hoping one day I would also join all of ya'll in the "Interview Invite" announcements,
(I swear it's been an emotional rollercoaster)

I am ECSTATIC to say that I got an invite today!!!! My first and only one so far!!

I hope I do not bomb this interview!!!
YAAAAaaaaaaaaa!! :biglove:
Congrats!! Where did you get an interview at?

About the Ads