Official 2019 Step 2 CK Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

curiousmind8

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please, limit your posts and questions to only CK exam experience related. It's hard for others to go through so many unrelated posts to finally a post about CK exam.

Thank you very much to all those who share their experience with everyone.

Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That was brutal you all. It could have been worse, but it was still pretty bad. Felt like I was solid on only about 20%. Another 30% I was pretty sure about. 40% I was down to 2-3 choices and tried to make an educated guess. The last 10%, who knows. Felt very foggy by about half way through the exam. Was able to finish each section with 10-15 minutes to spare to go back through my marked questions. Already know of at least 10 I got wrong. Hopefully I'm just remembering those because they were questions of contention. I really hope everyone feels this way walking of this exam.

Reactions: 2 users
That exam killed me today. Will be lucky if I passed. Woof. Can remember so many easy questions I got wrong. :-(

Reactions: 1 user
That was brutal you all. It could have been worse, but it was still pretty bad. Felt like I was solid on only about 20%. Another 30% I was pretty sure about. 40% I was down to 2-3 choices and tried to make an educated guess. The last 10%, who knows. Felt very foggy by about half way through the exam. Was able to finish each section with 10-15 minutes to spare to go back through my marked questions. Already know of at least 10 I got wrong. Hopefully I'm just remembering those because they were questions of contention. I really hope everyone feels this way walking of this exam.
I don't think I could have described my experience any more accurately or differently than you did. I felt the EXACT same way (Except for finishing sections early. I never finish any exams early. I am a slow test taker, always pressed for time, and usually click my last answer with 5 seconds left lol). I even agree with all your percentage breakdowns AND the number of questions I could remember getting wrong when I left the testing center! Maybe we had the same test form lol... but anyway, everyone feels this way walking out of the exam. And it seems like these feelings are ubiquitous among students regardless of AMG/IMG status, amount of time spent studying, M1-M3 experiences leading up to the exam, and even final score outcome. Almost everyone has a difficult time on test day.

So just believe in your preparation, trust your practice scores, and try to relax and do something fun in the coming weeks while waiting for scores. Congrats on being done!

Last edited:
D.O. student here. Just got my score this week after taking step 2 CK on 6/17.

Step 1: 233
UWSA 1: 243 (3ish weeks out)
NBME 6: 235 (2-3 weeks out)
NBME 7: 215 (2ish weeks out)
NBME 8: 235 (1-2 weeks out)
UWSA 2: 247 (4 days out)

Step 2 CK: 251

I don't think I could have described my experience any more accurately or differently than you did. I felt the EXACT same way (Except for finishing sections early. I never finish any exams early. I am a slow test taker, always pressed for time, and usually click my last answer with 5 seconds left lol). I even agree with all your percentage breakdowns AND the number of questions I could remember getting wrong when I left the testing center! Maybe we had the same test form lol... but anyway, everyone feels this way walking out of the exam. And it seems like these feelings are ubiquitous among students regardless of AMG/IMG status, amount of time spent studying, M1-M3 experiences leading up to the exam, and even final score outcome. Almost everyone has a difficult time on test day.

So just believe in your preparation, trust your practice scores, and try to relax and do something fun in the coming weeks while waiting for scores. Congrats on being done!

Just took it today. Was not pleasant.

That test was literally the most random 8 blocks of UWorld. Lots of guesswork. Seems like it focused on a few random subjects and asked different interations of questions on that topic specifically. Marked around 15 per section that I was unsure of. Depending on these guessing skills, things can go either way. I wish you all luck, gentlemen, ladies, and gunners.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Just curious what y'all think.

Step 1 - 219
NBME 6 (4.5 weeks out) - 213
NBME 7 (4 weeks out) - 211
NBME 8 - I was going to take it 3 weeks out but was super discouraged. I said **** it and continued doing UWorld instead.
UWSA 1 (2 weeks out) - 237
UWSA 2 (6 days out) - 251

I'm just really suspicious and gun shy with these scores. This whole process is complete ass. Anyway, I'd appreciate y'alls input.
Thanks!

is the free 120 predictive? Does anyone know if there is any correlation?

Somewhat. There are Excel files on Reddit and on here that you can see. I myself don’t really look at correlations, as your performance on your test day depends a lot on other things. My friend’s highest NBME was high 230s and still got high 260s on the real deal.

Just curious what y'all think.

Step 1 - 219
NBME 6 (4.5 weeks out) - 213
NBME 7 (4 weeks out) - 211
NBME 8 - I was going to take it 3 weeks out but was super discouraged. I said **** it and continued doing UWorld instead.
UWSA 1 (2 weeks out) - 237
UWSA 2 (6 days out) - 251

I'm just really suspicious and gun shy with these scores. This whole process is complete ass. Anyway, I'd appreciate y'alls input.
Thanks!
I would reckon that with those scores you're probably primed for a score in the 240s, but honestly who knows with how large the confidence interval is. Many people I know have said that their real score was between their UWSA 1 and 2.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would reckon that with those scores you're probably primed for a score in the 240s, but honestly who knows with how large the confidence interval is. Many people I know have said that their real score was between their UWSA 1 and 2.
Thanks for the input! Yea, I read somewhere it was the average of UWSA 1&2 +/- 10 points but idk.

I wrote down about 70-75 questions I remembered. So far I’m sure I’ve gotten about 20 of those wrong. I used breaks to google answers and questions and found that many of the answers were found in NCBI journals. Wish I read more of those. Only took UWSA 1 and was able to score a 238. Praying I got more than 235+.

Last edited:
I wrote down about 70-75 questions I remembered. So far I’m sure I’ve gotten about 20 of those wrong. I used breaks to google answers and questions and found that many of the answers were found in NCBH journals. Wish I read more of those. Only took UWSA 1 and was able to score a 238. Praying I got more than 230+.

stop doing this. Whats done is done. No need to trip at this point. You are just making your own life more difficult and stressful. Life is like a river. Its easier if you just sit on the tube and go with the flow, bro (broette?). Right now you are trying to swim back up stream. Just chill.

Reactions: 4 users
stop doing this. Whats done is done. No need to trip at this point. You are just making your own life more difficult and stressful. Life is like a river. Its easier if you just sit on the tube and go with the flow, bro (broette?). Right now you are trying to swim back up stream. Just chill.

i appreciate it man. I was so nervous but as I've googled many of the questions I had, I've luckily guessed many of them right. This exam pretty much dictates what specialty I end up in after having a drop on step 1 so I kinda have a lot riding on this. Anybody wanna discuss their 2ck experience or their feelings and stuff when taking it can hit me up via inbox. Blessings to all.

I just finished my first pass of UWORLD, 74%. My exam is in a week, I haven't taken any practice exams yet. Any recommendations for my final week? I'm wondering if I should just beat AMBOSS to death over the next few days and squeeze in UWSA 1 and 2, or if its worth it to read through Mastering The Boards at least once instead of doing AMBOSS. I'm the type of person that learns best with questions, but reading big books before exams (cramming) has helped me on shelf exams. Idk what to do.

I just finished my first pass of UWORLD, 74%. My exam is in a week, I haven't taken any practice exams yet. Any recommendations for my final week? I'm wondering if I should just beat AMBOSS to death over the next few days and squeeze in UWSA 1 and 2, or if its worth it to read through Mastering The Boards at least once instead of doing AMBOSS. I'm the type of person that learns best with questions, but reading big books before exams (cramming) has helped me on shelf exams. Idk what to do.
Hey! My test is also in a week. After speaking to many of my friends, I would stick to UWORLD and maybe take one day and simulate a real test by taking UWSA1 and 2 together. That way you get through them both in a day and can review whatever topics you feel weak on afterwards. I would stick to reviewing your notes and not starting new material. After hearing how everyone is coming out of this test, I would try and know whatever I already know really well so I can tackle these questions!
Good luck!

I agree with what was said above. 60-70% of the test is literally about how well you can guess or how you can work through something you've never seen before. So the more practice you have guessing the better. I had mostly done questions during the dedicated period with some online med ed review, some good ol' First Aid for Step One, and some secretes/SUTM. The last 3 days, I freaked out and decided to read all of the online med ed notes because I thought it might help to have a quick snap shop review. Questions I got from doing that? Zero. Questions I got from casually listening to the Goljan Step One Audio on my runs? Two. Questions I got from reasoning through U World questions? Most. The ones I got wrong that more review book reading would have helped me get right? Maybe one. So I would continue with questions, reading the explanations and only content review things you feel weak on.

Anyone who expected (but didn't get) a score last week have a permit change yet?
Took it June 22. Thought I would get it last week but permit didn't disappear. Permit as of right now continues to still be there and has not disappeared yet. Hopeful for next week but willing to accept the possibility that it won't come until 2050.

6/25 and permit is gone... wasn't expecting a score until late august tho based on their prediction so kind of confused as to whats going on

So my permit disappeared sometime around 10:30 PM last night. Later that night I tried the FSMB trick and still got the error message when clicking on the Step 3 button ("We are sorry, our records indicate that you are not currently eligible to apply for the USMLE Step 3. Please contact...."). That error has been there for the past couple weeks ever since I first tried applying. But as of waking up this afternoon (sometime after 12) I logged onto FSMB and clicked on "Step 3".... and all of a sudden I no longer received that error message in the red box :wow: Instead it gives me a Start button to begin my application for Step 3. However, under FCVS, it is still blank under "Pass/Fail status" in Examination History.

Can anyone who has already taken Step 2 or is familiar with the Step 3 trick / FSMB trick confirm whether this means I've passed? Has there been any false positives, is this reliable, etc? I'm somewhat freaking out right now as I'm sure we've all waited long enough. And also, for those reading this message who have not done or don't know about the Step 3 trick, I highly suggest not trying it until Tuesday evening as I've been told that is when it's usually supposed to work (sorry if this psychs people out)

Anyone feel like giving me a little prediction for my score? I take my exam in Friday and kind of feel like I should push my test back, but honestly I am so burnt out I want to get it over with.
UWORLD (2nd pass 80% completed with 72% correct)
Did OME through the year
UWSA1 4 weeks out 240
NBME 6 3 weeks out 218 (freaked out by how low it was)
NBME 7 2 weeks out 237
NBME 8 (friday) 256
USAW2 (today) 249

Not sure what to think of my scores and my UWORLD expires today so I also have no idea what else I should study.

SIDE NOTE: I was scoring 225-236 on my practice exams for STEP1 last year and made a 218 on the real deal (although I did have a little panic attack that day) so... my luck is not good.

So my permit disappeared sometime around 10:30 PM last night. Later that night I tried the FSMB trick and still got the error message when clicking on the Step 3 button ("We are sorry, our records indicate that you are not currently eligible to apply for the USMLE Step 3. Please contact...."). That error has been there for the past couple weeks ever since I first tried applying. But as of waking up this afternoon (sometime after 12) I logged onto FSMB and clicked on "Step 3".... and all of a sudden I no longer received that error message in the red box :wow: Instead it gives me a Start button to begin my application for Step 3. However, under FCVS, it is still blank under "Pass/Fail status" in Examination History.

Can anyone who has already taken Step 2 or is familiar with the Step 3 trick / FSMB trick confirm whether this means I've passed? Has there been any false positives, is this reliable, etc? I'm somewhat freaking out right now as I'm sure we've all waited long enough. And also, for those reading this message who have not done or don't know about the Step 3 trick, I highly suggest not trying it until Tuesday evening as I've been told that is when it's usually supposed to work (sorry if this psychs people out)
I, personally, was not able to use this trick for two reasons: (1) I took step 2CK at the very end of my permit eligibility window so my permit expired and was gone just a few days after my exam, and (2) I took Step 2 CK before taking the CS so I am ineligible to register for Step 3 regardless of whether I passed/failed the CK because all exams must be taken and passed in order to apply for step 3.

However, from all the research I have done on this "trick" from reading other people's experiences on forums, my understanding is that if the Step 3 button changes from "not currently eligible to apply for Step 3" to all of a sudden you are able to apply then, YES, this is a strong indication that you passed Step 2 CK and should be receiving your score tomorrow! The pass/fail status is most likely still blank because, technically speaking, your score has not been released yet. I cannot confirm if this is a fool-proof system or if it is possible to have false positives. I honestly doubt anyone can confirm the reliability of this trick. But I will give you my preemptive CONGRATULATIONS on passing your Step 2CK!! I hope tomorrow you have good news for us and report that you got your target score. Best of luck!!

Anyone feel like giving me a little prediction for my score? I take my exam in Friday and kind of feel like I should push my test back, but honestly I am so burnt out I want to get it over with.
UWORLD (2nd pass 80% completed with 72% correct)
Did OME through the year
UWSA1 4 weeks out 240
NBME 6 3 weeks out 218 (freaked out by how low it was)
NBME 7 2 weeks out 237
NBME 8 (friday) 256
USAW2 (today) 249

Not sure what to think of my scores and my UWORLD expires today so I also have no idea what else I should study.

SIDE NOTE: I was scoring 225-236 on my practice exams for STEP1 last year and made a 218 on the real deal (although I did have a little panic attack that day) so... my luck is not good.
It's hard to advise you on what to do without knowing what your target score is...

If your goal is simply to pass then I'd say, yes, you are ready and you should take the exam this friday. If your goal is to score 260+ then that is probably unlikely at this time and you need more time to continue improving.

With the exception of NBME 6, you have shown consistency across multiple practice exams with a 10-15 point increase in performance on your two most recent practice tests. You are essentially "peaking" at the right time just a few days before your real test and you want to simply ride that wave of peak performance and confidence into the real test. There is some data that suggests delaying standardized exams too long can actually lower scores because of the burnout effect and redundancy. By the way, I also had a ridiculously low NBME 6 score that was 26 points below my next lowest score for all the rest of my practice tests, so I would just disregard that test. I don't know why the scoring system on that particular exam is so stringent.

Anyway, after hearing past experiences from countless numbers of students it seems as if the two UWORLD self-assessments are the most reliable predictors of the actual real score, FOR THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE. There will obviously be exceptions to this, and on occasion some people end up having a bad test day and bombing the real exam (this is impossible to predict and not very common so lets just not worry about that and keep our thoughts positive lol). It seems as if most people score somewhere close to the average of their two UWORLD Self-Assessment tests, given that they were taken close to the real exam day. So I'd say a reasonable prediction for you is around 245. And given that you broke the 250 barrier on NBME 8 and this was recent, I would predict mid to high 240's.

Please note that this is not an exact science and I am not a prophet or an expert in score prediction lol. I'm simply basing this off of talking to other students at my school and reading experiences of other students on forums for the past couple years. The standard error for Step 2CK is pretty large (I believe they report a 9 point SE), so I would give yourself a +/- 10 point confidence interval. But if you read the information on the USMLE website, they state that with repeat examinations you are expected to score within 1 standard error of your score only 2/3rds of the time! So let's say, hypothetically speaking, you get a 245 on the real Step 2 CK. If you were to repeat the test with a different test form with different questions, then you are expected to score between 236-254 only 2/3rds of the time. This means 33% of the time you could score outside of this range, that's ridiculous!! I'm not trying to scare you or discourage you at all, I'm just trying to demonstrate to you that there is a fair amount of variability for this exam, much more than Step 1. So predicting scores with certainty is difficult.

Nevertheless, the NBME's and the UWORLD assessments are the best tools we have. UWORLD assessments being the most accurate predictors in my opinion. So just believe in yourself, go in there with confidence knowing that you prepared to the best of your abilities, and trust your practice scores. Free your mind of any other nonsense and negative thoughts (including all the crap I wrote in the previous paragraphs lol) that will deter you from the ultimate goal which is to be the best physician you can be and improve the quality of life for your patients. Nothing else really matters at the end of the day. Best of luck!!

I, personally, was not able to use this trick for two reasons: (1) I took step 2CK at the very end of my permit eligibility window so my permit expired and was gone just a few days after my exam, and (2) I took Step 2 CK before taking the CS so I am ineligible to register for Step 3 regardless of whether I passed/failed the CK because all exams must be taken and passed in order to apply for step 3.

However, from all the research I have done on this "trick" from reading other people's experiences on forums, my understanding is that if the Step 3 button changes from "not currently eligible to apply for Step 3" to all of a sudden you are able to apply then, YES, this is a strong indication that you passed Step 2 CK and should be receiving your score tomorrow! The pass/fail status is most likely still blank because, technically speaking, your score has not been released yet. I cannot confirm if this is a fool-proof system or if it is possible to have false positives. I honestly doubt anyone can confirm the reliability of this trick. But I will give you my preemptive CONGRATULATIONS on passing your Step 2CK!! I hope tomorrow you have good news for us and report that you got your target score. Best of luck!!

So this only works for people that already have their CS results? Or does it apply to those of us that have sat for both tests but won't get CS back until late August?

I know all this is based on other peoples experiences and not necessarily a legitimate thing, but I figured I'd ask!

It's hard to advise you on what to do without knowing what your target score is...

If your goal is simply to pass then I'd say, yes, you are ready and you should take the exam this friday. If your goal is to score 260+ then that is probably unlikely at this time and you need more time to continue improving.

Nevertheless, the NBME's and the UWORLD assessments are the best tools we have. UWORLD assessments being the most accurate predictors in my opinion. So just believe in yourself, go in there with confidence knowing that you prepared to the best of your abilities, and trust your practice scores. Free your mind of any other nonsense and negative thoughts (including all the crap I wrote in the previous paragraphs lol) that will deter you from the ultimate goal which is to be the best physician you can be and improve the quality of life for your patients. Nothing else really matters at the end of the day. Best of luck!!

Thanks for the feedback. My goal is a 250 + but I'd be very happy with anything over a 240 right now. I'm doing internal medicine. I just wanted to give myself a nice improvement on STEP2 to make up for STEP1 a little bit.

Thanks for the feedback. My goal is a 250 + but I'd be very happy with anything over a 240 right now. I'm doing internal medicine. I just wanted to give myself a nice improvement on STEP2 to make up for STEP1 a little bit.

Since our UWSA 2's were the same: 252 UWSA 1 (2 weeks out), 249 UWSA 2 (1 week out), 237 NBME 6 (2 days out); real deal Step 2 CK 258. Good luck!

Last edited:
Test in 4 days. Practice scores (roughly 4-5 days apart) have been:
NBME 6: 237 (baseline, 3 weeks ago)
NBME 7: 237
UWSA 1: 254
NBME 8: 252
UWSA 2: 261

Originally, my goal was 260. It was a lofty goal because my Step 1 was only a smidge above average and I want to improve considerably, but I’ve found that I’m much better at the clinical material than pre-clinical so I felt I might have a chance at doing pretty well on Step 2. I’m happy that I’m within range of my original goal, and realistically I’d be pretty happy with anything over 250. I suppose the rest of this week will be some targeted review and then I’ll hope for the best!

Practice Scores taken in order; total 4 weeks of dedicated study time:

UWSA 1: 265
UWSA2: 262
NBME6: 275
NBME 7: 247
NBME 8: 265

Just took CK a few days ago and already counting 10-15 wrong which really sucks because I felt extremely confident going in. Just made some really stupid mistakes. Will find out in 3 weeks and I'll be super happy with anything 250+!

Since our UWSA 2's were the same: 252 UWSA 1 (2 weeks out), 249 UWSA 2 (1 week out), 237 NBME 6 (2 days out); real deal Step 2 CK 258. Good luck!
Would be so pumped for a score like that! I hope that as long as I don't get too anxious I'll be alright. I have pretty significant testing anxiety but I think after doing so many NBME's over the year I'm pretty used to the testing format now.

So this only works for people that already have their CS results? Or does it apply to those of us that have sat for both tests but won't get CS back until late August?

I know all this is based on other peoples experiences and not necessarily a legitimate thing, but I figured I'd ask!
Hopefully someone who has actually used the Step 3 trick successfully can chime in and verify for us. But from what I have read from other students I was under the impression that you had to have passing scores on Step 1 and Step 2 CS, with Step 2 CK being the last of the three exams for the "trick" to work.

So I find it interesting that your Step 3 button now says you are eligible to apply for Step 3 with both of your Step 2 scores still pending! Sorry, I wish I had the answers for you but I guess I don't. I was basing everything I told you off of other people's posts. How awesome would it be if you get both scores back on Wednesday! lol

Hopefully someone who has actually used the Step 3 trick successfully can chime in and verify for us. But from what I have read from other students I was under the impression that you had to have passing scores on Step 1 and Step 2 CS, with Step 2 CK being the last of the three exams for the "trick" to work.

So I find it interesting that your Step 3 button now says you are eligible to apply for Step 3 with both of your Step 2 scores still pending! Sorry, I wish I had the answers for you but I guess I don't. I was basing everything I told you off of other people's posts. How awesome would it be if you get both scores back on Wednesday! lol
So I can't speak for thinkingitout but based on their last message it seems the Step 3 trick wouldn't work for them, since they won't get CS back until late August.

The trick seems consistent with what I've read from other people's posts and my research on it as well. So for me, I took and successfully passed Step 1 and Step 2 CS, and Step 2 CK was the last of the three exams that I am waiting on. I am still a student so I have not received my diploma, yet the trick was able to work for me (iirc you need an MD in order to take Step 3, but it seems you don't need the MD for the FSMB trick to work). I was reading other people's experiences on this thread and for some the trick doesn't show up until the Tuesday before Wednesday. It worked for me on a Monday which means I probably got lucky, because otherwise I could totally see myself freaking out about getting the error message and constantly refreshing the page lol.

Now, about the "Pass/Fail" status thing. Based on what other people have said (at least 2 accounts of this), the blank space for the last Step should show up as a "Pass" (or a "Fail" I guess) around 1 AM Wednesday morning, but the actual FSMB trick (the one that I did about 12 hours ago) seems to work a couple days beforehand. Anyway, hopefully this helps give an idea. I'm merely here as a data-point that confirms the consistency of this purported "theory". And I guess it does make sense logically - Their database must have a binary for every Step and an algorithm that checks that the user has passed all 3 exams, then allows them to register/apply for Step 3. Only thing I will say is it wouldn't make sense for someone to have passed Step 1, Step 2 CS, and then the week that they are allowed to apply for Step 3 receive a failing score on Step 2 CK, because then why would they be allowed to take Step 3 at that point. So the trick does make sense, it's just a little weird that the trick is allowed to be something we can do lol...

And thank you for the congrats, but I'm not going to celebrate until Wednesday when I know for sure lol

So I can't speak for thinkingitout but based on their last message it seems the Step 3 trick wouldn't work for them, since they won't get CS back until late August.

The trick seems consistent with what I've read from other people's posts and my research on it as well. So for me, I took and successfully passed Step 1 and Step 2 CS, and Step 2 CK was the last of the three exams that I am waiting on. I am still a student so I have not received my diploma, yet the trick was able to work for me (iirc you need an MD in order to take Step 3, but it seems you don't need the MD for the FSMB trick to work). I was reading other people's experiences on this thread and for some the trick doesn't show up until the Tuesday before Wednesday. It worked for me on a Monday which means I probably got lucky, because otherwise I could totally see myself freaking out about getting the error message and constantly refreshing the page lol.

Now, about the "Pass/Fail" status thing. Based on what other people have said (at least 2 accounts of this), the blank space for the last Step should show up as a "Pass" (or a "Fail" I guess) around 1 AM Wednesday morning, but the actual FSMB trick (the one that I did about 12 hours ago) seems to work a couple days beforehand. Anyway, hopefully this helps give an idea. I'm merely here as a data-point that confirms the consistency of this purported "theory". And I guess it does make sense logically - Their database must have a binary for every Step and an algorithm that checks that the user has passed all 3 exams, then allows them to register/apply for Step 3. Only thing I will say is it wouldn't make sense for someone to have passed Step 1, Step 2 CS, and then the week that they are allowed to apply for Step 3 receive a failing score on Step 2 CK, because then why would they be allowed to take Step 3 at that point. So the trick does make sense, it's just a little weird that the trick is allowed to be something we can do lol...

And thank you for the congrats, but I'm not going to celebrate until Wednesday when I know for sure lol
Hey! I took CS in April. My CK is next week. In June when the scores came out, the trick actually worked. You just login to the site and check your transcripts and it will be there the morning of around 2-3 am depending on your location. It just says pass or fail though. It may have shown my Step 1 Score so maybe CK will be there too but im not exactly 100% sure! but regardless of CS, it should be there

dam that test was harder than I expected. Thought I was good to go, but then the test started and I didn't have time to review flagged questions(marked 6 each block). This was different than step 1 where I thought I did alright post-test but ended up scoring way below my practice scores(20 points). This time, feels like I legit failed.

I've counted ~25 wrong so far. I missed some pretty easy ones but I would I had 50% of where it was 50/50. 20% I was sure. 15% I was pretty sure but not 100%, 15% I was like wtf is this ****. I can't believe I psyched myself trying to reason for numerous questions because of the vagueness of the presentation. Seriously, go with your gut, you will be right more often than not. Hopefully I score around my practice scores(UWSAs + NBME7 low to high 240s, Free 120 87%) or at least pass. :depressed::(

So when people say their schedule permit disappeared before they got their score do they mean the button literally disappeared? I click mine and it says this: "Application error: Permit is not available. The candidate may have sat for the exam or the registration is no longer active." but the button is still there..

So when people say their schedule permit disappeared before they got their score do they mean the button literally disappeared? I click mine and it says this: "Application error: Permit is not available. The candidate may have sat for the exam or the registration is no longer active." but the button is still there..
It literally disappears so there’s nothing left to click.

I PASSED!!!! FCVS website shows: "Number of attempts: 1 Pass/Fail Status: Pass" Will update when I wake up and get my score

Took 6/25 and got scores back today, despite expecting them at the end of August: 268!
Felt absolutely awful coming out of the test (see original post below), so for anyone who had the same miserable experience with CK and is in the wait for scores, here's one more anecdotal data point that how you feel you did has little relation to how you actually did. Good luck to everyone!

Took CK yesterday, still trying to wrap my mind around it. Used almost exclusively UWorld to study (got through 75%) and it definitely didn't prepare me for how vague most of the questions were. Did NBME 8 as a baseline before dedicated, but didn't do any other assessments during dedicated because I find they just create more anxiety for me than they're worth. ~ 3 weeks of "dedicated" study, pretty relaxed schedule w/ some travel fit in. Was getting ~85% correct on my last 10+ UWorld blocks.

Around half the questions on Step 2 read like UWorld, and the other half felt like they stopped writing the clinical vignette halfway through and called it good. Most of the difficult questions were on some weird detail on treating a very familiar condition (UTIs, e.g), and I'm not sure where I would have learned that info. Not totally sure what resource would have adequately prepared me. OMEd was far too superficial to cover the weird nitty gritty they were testing on. Way more Step 1 type pathophys than I was expecting, maybe 15-20 q's total. I ended up marking 10-15 questions per block that I wasn't totally sure about; half of those I felt pretty good about and the other half I had no clue. In total marked about a third of the test. OOF. Walked out feeling pretty ****ty, but I had the same feeling after walking out some shelf exams which ended up going pretty well. Now I just have to suffer through 8 weeks of waiting to learn how it actually went :/

Step 1 - 250
UWorld: 80% correct
NMBE 8: 235 (taken a month before starting dedicated)
MS3 shelfs (% correct)
Peds shelf - 81
IM shelf - 85
Surg shelf - 84
OBGYN shelf - 90
FM shelf - 80
Psych shelf - 94
Neuro shelf - 90

Scores are out for those of us that took the test on 6/22. Ended up with a 221, which is more than 25 points under my lowest UWSA. Not sure where this leaves me for match, but trying to be positive that it’s over