**Official 2021 Periodontics PASS/Interviews/Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did any Perio Program start sending invites for interviews?
University of Michigan sent out an invite this morning... The interview is going to be held over Zoom.

Members don't see this ad.

My classmate just got an interview for Perio in August.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone!

Anyone submit their PASS application late June and hear back yet for interviews?

Hi everyone!

Anyone submit their PASS application late June and hear back yet for interviews?

No I think most schools are waiting until after Aug 1 to invite since they'll likely be over Zoom.

Reactions: 1 users
Th last few days of confirmation emails are making me jumpy.

Assuming the interview marathon will begin next week and go for 8 more weeks. Good luck to all.

New Grad/Pvt Practice/Years: Class of 2021
NBDE: Part 1 taken, Part 2 planned
Degree, Ranked Unranked, GPA: DMD ranked
ADAT/GRE: None
Advanced Degrees/Masters: SMP
Research Experience: 1 publication
Observerships/Externships: None
Programs Applying to: Basically everything that uses PASS

Good luck everyone.

sooo at programs like Marquette where there is a seperate 'grad school' application, are you guys having your recommenders re-submit letters despite them being on ADEA PASS already? seems redundant...

Members don't see this ad :)
sooo at programs like Marquette where there is a seperate 'grad school' application, are you guys having your recommenders re-submit letters despite them being on ADEA PASS already? seems redundant...
The program director told me I only have to submit the supplementary if I MATCH.

Reactions: 1 user
Regardless, marathon starts next week. Hold on tight and dont give up. Best if luck to all.

I got confirmation from UCSF, Washington, Ohio State, LSU, UMKC, Marquette, SLU, San Antonio, VCU, UF, UAB, Tennessee, MUSC and DCG. I can't seem to get a response from A&M, Houston, UNC, Pitt or Nebraska.

I got confirmation from UCSF, Washington, Ohio State, LSU, UMKC, Marquette, SLU, San Antonio, VCU, UF, UAB, Tennessee, MUSC and DCG. I can't seem to get a response from A&M, Houston, UNC, Pitt or Nebraska.
When did you apply?

Does anyone have a vague idea of how competitive things have been in recent years? Also, how do you think COVID-19 will affect this application cycle?

Does anyone have a vague idea of how competitive things have been in recent years? Also, how do you think COVID-19 will affect this application cycle?
It seems like COVID has increased competition across the board significantly this year. This is one of the worst years to apply for specialty given that competition.

It seems like COVID has increased competition across the board significantly this year. This is one of the worst years to apply for specialty given that competition.

I think you are right. There will be a ton of new grads and practitioners applying as jobs decline.

Did you also apply to CO? Any idea if the tuition on the perio website is correct/updated? I’ve heard that some aren’t and couldn’t find it on the website
Yeah! As far as I know it is. I was able to talk to a few residents a few months back and they said they were paying around $30k

did anyone apply to a non-match program?
I applied to Boston and Buffalo and don’t know how their timeline will be since they do not follow Match

I applied to Boston and Buffalo and don’t know how their timeline will be since they do not follow Match
I applied to Boston but haven't heard anything yet. According to a friend in their pre-doc program, the entire school is busy working on handling COVID like everyone else. They're currently not allowed to assist in the perio clinic till further notice. I wouldn't be surprised if their standard interview timeline is pushed back given the circumstances. This is all conjecture on my part, take it with a grain of salt.

Hopefully some traction this week.

applied to non match programs in canada so not the usa but still dealing with covid. So far timelines seem to be delayed. I got 1 interview invite and 3 should have been out and aren’t.

Applied to Colorado which is non match. They are supposed to be starting to send out interview invites this week I guess

I interviewed on the 15th of July in Buffalo via zoom.

Reactions: 2 users
Can you share your experience with the interview? What did they ask you?
The common questions like tell me about yourself, why perio, why our school, research experience and interests as well as strengths and weaknesses.

Reactions: 2 users
The common questions like tell me about yourself, why perio, why our school, research experience and interests as well as strengths and weaknesses.
Thank you. Good luck.

I interviewed on the 15th of July in Buffalo via zoom.

good luck!
They only sent me an applica Complete confirmation on july 14th.. their online payment missed up my app for about 3 weeks cause it didn’t match to my application or something.
hope they’re not done interviewing..

good luck!
They only sent me an applica Complete confirmation on july 14th.. their online payment missed up my app for about 3 weeks cause it didn’t match to my application or something.
hope they’re not done interviewing..
Thank you and all the best to you as well