**Official 2021 Periodontics PASS/Interviews/Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed on the 15th of July in Buffalo via zoom.

I also received an invitation from University of Buffalo to a personal interview via Zoom and it was on the same mentioned date. I would like to ask, after that, did you receive an acceptance or rejection e-mail ?
I hope you will inform me of any e-mail that you receive from them because I do not want to be attached to a hope that does not exist. Thank you a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I also received an invitation from University of Buffalo to a personal interview via Zoom and it was on the same mentioned date. I would like to ask, after that, did you receive an acceptance or rejection e-mail ?
I hope you will inform me of any e-mail that you receive from them because I do not want to be attached to a hope that does not exist. Thank you a lot.

I haven't received anything yet. All the best!

Reactions: 1 user
Received the following from Harvard for those interested in that program.

"You are receiving this email because you have applied to the AGE Periodontology program at the Harvard School of Dental Medicine for the 2020-21 application cycle.

We are still in the process of reviewing your application. You will be notified if you are selected for a virtual interview for this upcoming admissions cycle in late August or early September. Please keep this in mind while you are planning your upcoming fall semester."

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I would like to ask for those who applied to LLU, what do they mean by “biographical account of yourself”.

Thanks!

Monday and Friday next week will be most notorious is my guess.

I received an invitation letter in the regular mail. I'm not sure if they have send all of their invites though... Mine is on September 2, they didn't offer different dates to choose. Do you know how many people they interview? I'm excited, because is the first time I apply to this program, but I don't know anything about how to prepare for the interview. Any thoughts? Did you apply to UDM as well?
They interview a small group, usually around 30 people. Last year they gave them 2 dates to choose from so it’s strange that they assigned you with just 1 date but I assume that’s because it’s a zoom interview. I applied there and got a phone call asking about my application but I haven’t received an interview email. For the interview, from past applicants I’ve heard that’s it’s pretty chill. You interview with 4 or 5 faculty and they ask the normal questions, each interview is 20-30 minutes long though so be prepared for that. Good luck!!

I received an invitation letter in the regular mail. I'm not sure if they have send all of their invites though... Mine is on September 2, they didn't offer different dates to choose. Do you know how many people they interview? I'm excited, because is the first time I apply to this program, but I don't know anything about how to prepare for the interview. Any thoughts? Did you apply to UDM as well?
Can you share your profile, since you got an interview so we can see where we are? Congrats on interview and good luck.

Can you share your profile, since you got an interview so we can see where we are? Congrats on interview and good luck.

Absolutely, I'm an international applicant, graduated in 2016, GPA is 3.98, TOEFL 112, both NBDE cleared. 1 year experience as a general practitioner, about 3 years of shadowing experience to prosthodontists and periodontists. I have some international experience in Canada, and in my home country I participated in a few health brigades.

Last edited:
Absolutely, I'm an international applicant, graduated in 2016, GPA is 3.98, TOEFL 112, both NBDE cleared. 1 year experience as a general practitioner in Mexico in a dental clinic, about 3 years of shadowing experience to prosthodontists and periodontists. I have some international experience in Canada, and in my home country I participated in a few health brigades.
Thank you. Appreciate it. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
image.gif

Reactions: 6 users
I have a feeling it might be a little more delayed than years past because of corona

Reactions: 2 users
I have a feeling it might be a little more delayed than years past because of corona

Yeah from looking at 2019 and 2018 cycles, a few schools actually gave out before the 1st.

I just got an interview invitation via email for NOVA

Reactions: 2 users
I submitted 06/04 and took a while for supplemental application, so I started calling them and that's how I got everything done. I think to buy the end of June I was all set, but I called them very often to check.

I submitted 06/04 and took a while for supplemental application, so I started calling them and that's how I got everything done. I think to buy the end of June I was all set, but I called them very often to check.
Did you attend Nova dental school? I could not find their contact info anywhere. Called the general admission number and all I could was leaving them a voicemail. Would you mind post the phone number you use to contact them? Appreciate your help!

Did you attend Nova dental school? I could not find their contact info anywhere. Called the general admission number and all I could was leaving them a voicemail. Would you mind post the phone number you use to contact them? Appreciate your help!
I didn't go to NOVA school. I used admissions number 1-800-356-0026 exit 21101 or email [email protected]

I just received an email for an interview at Texas A&M. I submitted my application end of June. It will be through zoom.

Reactions: 1 users
Invitation from Tennessee this morning. Interview via Zoom (no surprise) in September!

Reactions: 5 users
Hello guys! I'm new here. Is it still a good time to apply in the schools for Perio program whose deadline is not gone or it is too late?

Hello guys! I'm new here. Is it still a good time to apply in the schools for Perio program whose deadline is not gone or it is too late?
You're welcome to apply to the handful whose deadline hasn't passed but a) its an incredibly competitive year due to the pandemic and b) at least three programs whose deadline haven't passed have sent out interviews so you may be wasting your money.

I guess ask yourself if you're remotely picky about the program and if not, make a last ditch effort but if you're trying to get into a quality program, you may want to apply next year.

You're welcome to apply to the handful whose deadline hasn't passed but a) its an incredibly competitive year due to the pandemic and b) at least three programs whose deadline haven't passed have sent out interviews so you may be wasting your money.

I guess ask yourself if you're remotely picky about the program and if not, make a last ditch effort but if you're trying to get into a quality program, you may want to apply next year.

Thank you for your reply.
I did apply in some program last month whose deadline was Aug1. I haven't applied in program whose deadline is after Aug 1. I though there are only some program who are based on rolling admissions.
Any idea which schools are done or have started sending invites?

How much money and energy you got? you can always give it a shot. ofc it is super late, but who knows you may still get in

Even though some school's deadline is in September, is it late for that schools as well?