You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*~*~* Official AACOMAS Questions Thread 2015-2016 *~*~*
Started by AlteredScale
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else finding that the "prerequisites" section takes forever to complete? Mostly because the page scrolls so slowly.
It does but the speed issue isn't occurring with me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just to clarify, we can submit this app if we are done entering everything and then we wait for transcripts to be sent? and THEN they evaluate?
Just to clarify, we can submit this app if we are done entering everything and then we wait for transcripts to be sent? and THEN they evaluate?
I'd request transcripts to be sent right now even if you haven't submitted as it's another part of the application. Aacomas will verify the transcripts/application by mid June I think? But yea without a transcript they can't match your inputted scores with your official transcripts
So we CAN send transcripts to AACOMAS without sending in our app yet?I'd request transcripts to be sent right now even if you haven't submitted as it's another part of the application. Aacomas will verify the transcripts/application by mid June I think? But yea without a transcript they can't match your inputted scores with your official transcripts
So we CAN send transcripts to AACOMAS without sending in our app yet?
Don't quote me but as long as you have an aacomas id the transcript gets added to your file split application or not. It's just another piece of the file that's required
Thank you for the reply! I will verify with AACOMAS to be sure.Don't quote me but as long as you have an aacomas id the transcript gets added to your file split application or not. It's just another piece of the file that's required
Thank you for the reply! I will verify with AACOMAS to be sure.
No problem, I requested my transcripts to be sent yesterday 😛
Yes, you can have transcripts sent in right now without hitting submit(and Payment)
I have course work in the field at 4 hospitals and 3 EMS agencies as a part of my UG. Should I enter them in as "clinical experience" individually...
ie (X hours at Hospital A doing skills blah and blah)
or enter them all as "paramedic clinicals" for a lumpsum of hours and put in the description the locations I went to?
ie (X hours at Hospital A doing skills blah and blah)
or enter them all as "paramedic clinicals" for a lumpsum of hours and put in the description the locations I went to?
And where do we check to see if AACOMAS has received our transcripts and our MCAT score? It says the MCAT score part is optional but I filled it out and had them send my scores electronically. ARGGHHG THIS PROCESS IS SO FRICKIN ARGHGHG
I'm with you. I'm still confused on if there is a leadership section or not.And where do we check to see if AACOMAS has received our transcripts and our MCAT score? It says the MCAT score part is optional but I filled it out and had them send my scores electronically. ARGGHHG THIS PROCESS IS SO FRICKIN ARGHGHG
How do we add AP credit..?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There's an option to do it when you finalize your transcript entryHow do we add AP credit..?
Oh I haven't got that far yet. Makes sense. Under the "grade" section, what did you put?There's an option to do it when you finalize your transcript entry
When we create an evaluation request do our LoR writers send in a physical copy of the letter or can they do it electronically?
El Curandero
El Curandero
Are peeps putting down supervisors for activities? How would I go about putting down tutoring for family friends' children?
I am finding communication with AACOMAS support to be immensely frustrating. Especially when two different reps completely contradict one another.
Is anyone else having an issue where the MCAT "test to be taken" date reads one day sooner than you upload into the "when do you plan on taking the test?" option? For example it says when I go in to edit my MCAT info i have the date as 6/20, but the date reads 6/19 under "tests to be taken" when i exit back to the standardized tests main page. This is also happening in my acheivements section. The date on the summary page is always one day before the actual date I put in. Any advice or should I just email support?
Last edited:
I am finding communication with AACOMAS support to be immensely frustrating. Especially when two different reps completely contradict one another.
Keep a little note book, write down the date, time and person you spoke with for all calls you make. I've had to call once and my experience was good, the man on the phone was actually very friendly.
8 experience entries down, 2 to go! Then I have to proofread all of them 🙁🙁
Keep a little note book, write down the date, time and person you spoke with for all calls you make. I've had to call once and my experience was good, the man on the phone was actually very friendly.
I have been communicating via email so I have records of everything that has been said, but when they contradict one another I don't really know what to do.
Hmm, maybe call instead and ask to speak with a supervisor?
Mine is doin the same thing.Is anyone else having an issue where the MCAT "test to be taken" date reads one day sooner than you upload into the "when do you plan on taking the test?" option? For example it says when I go in to edit my MCAT info i have the date as 6/20, but the date reads 6/19 under "tests to be taken" when i exit back to the standardized tests main page. This is also happening in my awards section. The date on the summary page is always one day before the actual date I put in. Any advice or should I just email support?
I teach health-profession students (phlebotomy and EKG) at our local trade school. When I list this as an experience it would be considered health care experience right?
So to make a long story as short as possible. I have prereqs that I originally took that show up on transcript as 4 credit, but consisted of a 3 credit lecture and 1 credit lab. I retook some courses at another university which were 3 credit lectures. I did not retake any labs. I was emailing a representative a couple of months ago to inquire if I could "split" the 4 credit course into 3 and 1 when entering courses into AACOMAS. He said if I had an letter sent from my original school's registrar sent to AACOMAS stating that the 4 credit courses consisted of 3 credit lec 1 credit lab, then yes I could split them up when entering. Allowing my 3 credit lecture retake to replace 3 credits of my original course, while not affecting my lab at all.
I tried to explain this to a rep to their new support email address. I do not understand the second sentence of their response. Are they implying that my 3 credit retake will replace the 4 credit original? That would make no sense.
"You cannot split up your lab and lecture if this is not how the course appears
on your official transcript. You can still mark these courses as repeated,
however, and we will not remove the repeated classification."
I tried to explain this to a rep to their new support email address. I do not understand the second sentence of their response. Are they implying that my 3 credit retake will replace the 4 credit original? That would make no sense.
"You cannot split up your lab and lecture if this is not how the course appears
on your official transcript. You can still mark these courses as repeated,
however, and we will not remove the repeated classification."
This is how AACOMAS defines healthcare experience: "Healthcare Experience: Both paid and unpaid work in the health or a health-related field where you are not directly or indirectly responsible for a patient’s care."I teach health-profession students (phlebotomy and EKG) at our local trade school. When I list this as an experience it would be considered health care experience right?
So I would say yes.
Is the link for "Instructions and FAQs" working for everyone? It's leading to an error webpage for me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is how AACOMAS defines healthcare experience: "Healthcare Experience: Both paid and unpaid work in the health or a health-related field where you are not directly or indirectly responsible for a patient’s care."
So I would say yes.
So if I understand this correctly then my experience as a paramedic would not be considered healthcare experience? Seems odd, maybe I'm just reading this wrong? As a paramedic I am directly responsible for patient care, but if I don't list this as healthcare experience then what would I list it as?
It is. I think a paramedic would be "indirectly responsible for a patient's care" in terms of their definition, as the primary person responsible would be the physician. Definitely weird though.So if I understand this correctly then my experience as a paramedic would not be considered healthcare experience? Seems odd, maybe I'm just reading this wrong?
Ok that makes sense, yes the wording is off on that one.
So if I understand this correctly then my experience as a paramedic would not be considered healthcare experience? Seems odd, maybe I'm just reading this wrong? As a paramedic I am directly responsible for patient care, but if I don't list this as healthcare experience then what would I list it as?
You Better list "Paramedic" as Healthcare experience!
I think we all are over thinking things here. Go with Goro, LizzyM, GynGyn on what they consider healthcare/clinical experience..."You're close enough to smell a pt, its experience!"
hahah yes you're absolutely right! I just hate the thought of delaying my app over something silly like classifying a job incorrectly. I think it's clear cut that being a paramedic is healthcare experience.
So if I understand this correctly then my experience as a paramedic would not be considered healthcare experience? Seems odd, maybe I'm just reading this wrong? As a paramedic I am directly responsible for patient care, but if I don't list this as healthcare experience then what would I list it as?
I think the confusion is where it says NOT indirectly or directly responsible. Why is that negative even there
@NineIron Right?!
Typical applications making things more confusing than necessary. What are you listing shadowing as?@NineIron Right?!
Well my shadowing has been in the form of working with two DO's for the past six years as a scribe. So I'm including it with my professional experience.
Yeah. But I don't think something like that will delay your app. Your transcripts and grade verification not matching your transcripts is probably the most likely cause
Typical applications making things more confusing than necessary. What are you listing shadowing as?
To better answer your question, I would list it as healthcare experience
To better answer your question, I would list it as healthcare experience
Perfect thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It looks like you can pay for the applications ($720.00 so far for me
) before our transcripts are received? I just sent my transcript request forms out today but when I go to the payment page it's allowing me to put my cc info in.
Also, where do we look to see that the transcripts and/or MCAT scores have been received?
Also, where do we look to see that the transcripts and/or MCAT scores have been received?
I listed being on the president's list.Is listing deans list tacky? I'm not sure what adcoms think of that
It looks like you can pay for the applications ($720.00 so far for me) before our transcripts are received? I just sent my transcript request forms out today but when I go to the payment page it's allowing me to put my cc info in.
Yea I think the transcripts and applications are considered two separate entities only until they go to verify them otherwise you wouldn't be able to submit an app until potentially two weeks from now when they receive the mailed transcript
Yea I think the transcripts and applications are considered two separate entities only until they go to verify them otherwise you wouldn't be able to submit an app until potentially two weeks from now when they receive the mailed transcript
Awesome thanks for that info!
Is anyone else having an issue where the MCAT "test to be taken" date reads one day sooner than you upload into the "when do you plan on taking the test?" option? For example it says when I go in to edit my MCAT info i have the date as 6/20, but the date reads 6/19 under "tests to be taken" when i exit back to the standardized tests main page. This is also happening in my acheivements section. The date on the summary page is always one day before the actual date I put in. Any advice or should I just email support?
did you happen to find out what to do?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 15
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K