You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*~*~* Official AACOMAS Questions Thread 2015-2016 *~*~*
Started by AlteredScale
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Should the Instructions and FAQs link be working, or is it not up yet?
Usually once you submit there's a way to save it as a PDFDoes anyone know if there's a way to print the application to review it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should the Instructions and FAQs link be working, or is it not up yet?
I wasn't able to get to it for about 20 minutes but now I'm able to again.
I wasn't able to get to it for about 20 minutes but now I'm able to again.
Ok thank you. It hasn't worked for me yet
Does anyone know where I input my EMT certification or class? I took the class and got state certified, but never began working.
Does anyone know where I input my EMT certification or class? I took the class and got state certified, but never began working.
They ask you about it when you review and finalize your course entries, along with retakes, honors classes, and anything else that isn't undergrad or post-bacc.
Thanks!
Do they contact each supervisor for your E.C's? That seems a little excessive.
I have a feeling that's more for the individual schools you apply to not aacomas
Do they contact each supervisor for your E.C's? That seems a little excessive.
In the past, AACOMAS does not require supervisor contact information. I believe AMCAS does. Regardless, it is highly unlikely that schools would contact supervisors to verify.
just to clarify-- is it better to submit now and then go back and enter upcoming spring semester grades (as well as send in that spring 2015 transcript), or just wait until mid June? Are we allowed to go back and update grades on the application? Thanks!
Whether it's better to wait or not is going to be unique to you, if your upcoming grades are going to take your application from "just ok" to "really good", it might be more beneficial to wait than it would be if your grades were going to take your app from, "really good" to "really good +1" (Obviously, this is simplified and it's just my take on it, I'm sure others have varying opinions and they may very well be right, at the end of the day it's your call)
as far as updating stuff...
Q: Can I update my coursework after I e-submit my application?
A: NO. Once you have e-submitted your application to AACOMAS, no changes to coursework can be made. If you e-submit your AACOMAS application before your updated grades are available you may update your coursework during one of the three Academic Update periods. An email will be sent to applicants when the Academic Update periods open
The updates periods are:
- September 1- October 15, 2015
- January 1- February 15, 2016
- March 15-April 15, 2016
Is there anyway we can still use interfolio? Are should I ask my writers to rewrite in the new AACOMAS section?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there anyway we can still use interfolio? Are should I ask my writers to rewrite in the new AACOMAS section?
We can still use Interfolio, but it costs money to have letters sent to schools using Interfolio. So if you haven't already gathered any of your letters to Interfolio, you might as well have them sent to AACOMAS instead, AACOMAS will distribute them for free.
I didn't list it on mine. It's an indication of grades, which they already have.Is listing deans list tacky? I'm not sure what adcoms think of that
Can I request official transcripts to Accomas before I submit? I haven't entered in coursework yet but I entered all the Universities I attended.
So it's either wait til Mid-june for my transcript to come out with this semester's grades and submit right away or wait til frickin' SEPTEMBER to update? WTF?
Not yet, I'm going to call support tomorrow and I'll let you know!did you happen to find out what to do?
anyone noticed the course classifications are little different than old aacomas?
Hi everyone,
I saw that someone commented on AP credits but I wondering about dual enrollment classes. For example I revieced 6 total credits for classes I took my senior year of highs school from local community colleges. For these, do I create a "college attended" then just input the classes, and designate myself as a freshman? I never actually went to the community colleges that issue the credit, im just not sure what other way Im suppose to go about entering that, I know I need transcripts from both of them. Thanks!
I saw that someone commented on AP credits but I wondering about dual enrollment classes. For example I revieced 6 total credits for classes I took my senior year of highs school from local community colleges. For these, do I create a "college attended" then just input the classes, and designate myself as a freshman? I never actually went to the community colleges that issue the credit, im just not sure what other way Im suppose to go about entering that, I know I need transcripts from both of them. Thanks!
If I were you I wouldnt wait. The faster you get it in the better, as im sure you knowSo it's either wait til Mid-june for my transcript to come out with this semester's grades and submit right away or wait til frickin' SEPTEMBER to update? WTF?
if you can print the transcript request form you should be able to send it to your schools, it will take them a week or so to even recieve the mailed transcript. This was also answered earlier today. Thanks!Can I request official transcripts to Accomas before I submit? I haven't entered in coursework yet but I entered all the Universities I attended.
Hey guys, so when we are done with entering our courses and paying for programs to apply to, what do we with the pre-requisite portion?
WE have to designate the courses that will fulfill their pre-reqs?
for instance, when it says BIOLOGY - minimum 8 units or 2 courses, does that mean we ONLY choose two courses (Gen bio 1 and Gen bio 2) and then move on?
OR do we designate EVERY biology class we took? Arghhhh
WE have to designate the courses that will fulfill their pre-reqs?
for instance, when it says BIOLOGY - minimum 8 units or 2 courses, does that mean we ONLY choose two courses (Gen bio 1 and Gen bio 2) and then move on?
OR do we designate EVERY biology class we took? Arghhhh
Hey guys, so when we are done with entering our courses and paying for programs to apply to, what do we with the pre-requisite portion?
WE have to designate the courses that will fulfill their pre-reqs?
for instance, when it says BIOLOGY - minimum 8 units or 2 courses, does that mean we ONLY choose two courses (Gen bio 1 and Gen bio 2) and then move on?
OR do we designate EVERY biology class we took? Arghhhh
I just look at this again. You don't have to do any course designation for your selected schools. They just put that information there to insure you have all the prereqs for each school and aren't applying to somewhere that you do not qualify for
Last edited:
Copy and pasted from another thread:
Great success! I was able to use the fake emails that interfolio gives you to request my LOR in AACOMAS application. Contacted interfolio about it, but everything went through smoothly. Got the confirmation from AACOMAS that all letters were received.
Great success! I was able to use the fake emails that interfolio gives you to request my LOR in AACOMAS application. Contacted interfolio about it, but everything went through smoothly. Got the confirmation from AACOMAS that all letters were received.
Just called, it is just a display issue. School's will see the correct date as you have entered it.did you happen to find out what to do?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Copy and pasted from another thread:
Great success! I was able to use the fake emails that interfolio gives you to request my LOR in AACOMAS application. Contacted interfolio about it, but everything went through smoothly. Got the confirmation from AACOMAS that all letters were received.
Hmmm.. then why do they state that we need to directly send it to schools separately? Even the lady I talked to said the same thing.
I talked to Interfolio also and the rep confirmed we can do the e-mail method.
For work you haven't done yet, like for classes in the fall, are y'all putting "IP" for the grade?
I mean, Interfolio clearly states that they will send the letter if you use that email address.
I assumed that's what it was for.
Yes but Interfolio isn't sending the letters to schools. AACOMAS is isnt it? I just called and asked and they said no. You will have to send them directly from interfolio. Idk. Maybe if you guys can post what interfolio said over email or on the phone.
My letters were sent directly from inter folio to aacomas via this email method and my aacomas now says letters are received. When I submit aacomas, these will be sent to schools.Yes but Interfolio isn't sending the letters to schools. AACOMAS is isnt it? I just called and asked and they said no. You will have to send them directly from interfolio. Idk. Maybe if you guys can post what interfolio said over email or on the phone.
I hope this worksss....
Can you explain how you are doing this? I don't know what fake email you are talking about?What @Mavs88 said.
You are essentially "duping" AACOMAS into taking Interfolio letters through the special email address assigned to each letter.
Go to your dossier on Interfolio and click on one of your letters.
A small box with the writers name will come up as well as a long email address. It tells you that address can be used to request a LOR from interfolio. When you fill in the LOR request on AACOMAS, instead of the author's email, use the long one from Interfolio.
A small box with the writers name will come up as well as a long email address. It tells you that address can be used to request a LOR from interfolio. When you fill in the LOR request on AACOMAS, instead of the author's email, use the long one from Interfolio.
This will soon be very helpful if it works!Go to your dossier on Interfolio and click on one of your letters.
A small box with the writers name will come up as well as a long email address. It tells you that address can be used to request a LOR from interfolio. When you fill in the LOR request on AACOMAS, instead of the author's email, use the long one from Interfolio.
8 experience entries down, 2 to go! Then I have to proofread all of them 🙁🙁
My question is, what is the total number of experience you can add on the application?
Question about experiences. I have worked with one company, but held multiple positions in the company (via promotions, etc). I have listed each position as a separate experience, so that I can offer different descriptions based on the experience. Is it better keeping it as separate experiences, or should I put it as one experience and then list my multiple positions under "Title"?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I read this on their websiteThis will soon be very helpful if it works!
"Can I send letters of reference which are on file at Interfolio or a career center?
A: NO. All letters of reference must be completed via the AACOMAS reference website by the evaluator themselves. If you have letters stored at Interfolio, VirtualEval, or a career center, you may have these letters sent directly to your DO programs."
So Interfolio sends the letters to the schools and not to AAMCOMAS?
I can confirm that it's $4 per documentPer @Stephanopolous, there is a fee per letter that you pay to Interfolio.
I have not gotten that far yet, so I can't confirm anything else.
My question is, what is the total number of experience you can add on the application?
Maybe someone has the hit the limit, it is not listed in the instructions. I am up to 14 with no errors yet.
So Interfolio sends the letters to the schools and not to AAMCOMAS?
You can do it that way, but it seems the strategy discussed earlier is a possible work-around.
This is what I read from their websiteQuestion about experiences. I have worked with one company, but held multiple positions in the company (via promotions, etc). I have listed each position as a separate experience, so that I can offer different descriptions based on the experience. Is it better keeping it as separate experiences, or should I put it as one experience and then list my multiple positions under "Title"?
"You may NOT repeat hours between the sections. If the position duties encompass more than one section, enter the position in both sections and divide the hours and duties accordingly. (Example: a 40 hr/wk position with 10 hrs/wk of research and 30 hrs/wk of direct patient care would be entered under both research and patient care sections with the appropriate hours and duties listed within each section.)"
Maybe someone has the hit the limit, it is not listed in the instructions. I am up to 14 with no errors yet.
You can do it that way, but it seems the strategy discussed earlier is a possible work-around.
Thank you much!
So far 14 and that is not including achievements right?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 15
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K