*~*~* Official AACOMAS Questions Thread 2015-2016 *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys think it is too late to submit an application for this cycle?
@Goro generally says that Jan. is late. I submitted my primary literally 5 min. ago, and it took me over a month to get it put together. I think if you start AACOMAS now, you're putting yourself at risk for being very late, especially since it may take 4+ weeks to get your app verified and sent to med schools.

Members don't see this ad.

100% agree.

@Goro generally says that Jan. is late. I submitted my primary literally 5 min. ago, and it took me over a month to get it put together. I think if you start AACOMAS now, you're putting yourself at risk for being very late, especially since it may take 4+ weeks to get your app verified and sent to med schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
ANY DO school!!!
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
So I have to resubmit two of my LoR's because of missing signature. Can they resubmit to the same place they did last time or do I need to open up an interfolio?

Im new to this site so please don't bash me, I am an applicant with a 3.38 GPA, 3.0 SGPA, and 27 MCAT (10 P, 9 B, 7 V). I graduated in bioengineering, completed the degree in less than 3 years, had my mother pass away during my freshman year. Probably somewhere in the 300-400 hour range of volunteering experience and shadowing physicians. 1 published paper and a device I developed for neurosurgery and robotic surgery combined

I applied somewhat broadly, DMU, LMU, Lake Eerie, all the touros, liberty, ACOM, AZCOM, Marian, etc etc (18 schools total). I applied late this year in the application cycle though, completed it by October 2nd.

I have received quite a few secondaries but do I have any chance?
I am repeating my MCAT and applied to graduate schools just for the record.

Im new to this site so please don't bash me, I am an applicant with a 3.38 GPA, 3.0 SGPA, and 27 MCAT (10 P, 9 B, 7 V). I graduated in bioengineering, completed the degree in less than 3 years, had my mother pass away during my freshman year. Probably somewhere in the 300-400 hour range of volunteering experience and shadowing physicians. 1 published paper and a device I developed for neurosurgery and robotic surgery combined

I applied somewhat broadly, DMU, LMU, Lake Eerie, all the touros, liberty, ACOM, AZCOM, Marian, etc etc (18 schools total). I applied late this year in the application cycle though, completed it by October 2nd.

I have received quite a few secondaries but do I have any chance?
I am repeating my MCAT and applied to graduate schools just for the record.
Start a thread here to get more replies.

I had submitted my application on Oct 12th and got it verified on Nov 20th. However, they have not withdrawn the application funds from my account. Does anyone have a similar experience where they have not taken funds or delayed by couple of weeks. Also, how long does it take to get secondary applications from the date it has been approved. My academic adviser informed that there are many schools that have still not secondary applications? Any insight ?

With the grade replacement policy, do I withhold the lower grades I've retaken or enter all classes and their system does this automatically?

Would Human Physiology grade replace General Physiology at different institutions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Would Human Physiology grade replace General Physiology at different institutions?

My guess is that it would. My general physiology only covered human physiology anyways. You could always send an email to an admissions department or call them to confirm.

I had submitted my application on Oct 12th and got it verified on Nov 20th. However, they have not withdrawn the application funds from my account. Does anyone have a similar experience where they have not taken funds or delayed by couple of weeks. Also, how long does it take to get secondary applications from the date it has been approved. My academic adviser informed that there are many schools that have still not secondary applications? Any insight ?

In my experience, most schools got back to me regarding secondary applications within two weeks of my primary being sent out.

I'm not sure about the payment issue you are referring too though...

With the grade replacement policy, do I withhold the lower grades I've retaken or enter all classes and their system does this automatically?

For the lowest, earlier repeated courses, you enter all the classes, and list them as "Repeated" with 0.00 for the credit. For the final repeat, you enter all the details.

Check out this attachment for the AACOMAS instructions.

Attachments

• 1451119165565.jpg
    1451119165565.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 55
Thank you!

For the lowest, earlier repeated courses, you enter all the classes, and list them as "Repeated" with 0.00 for the credit. For the final repeat, you enter all the details.

Check out this attachment for the AACOMAS instructions.

Hey guys,

I'm sorry if this has already been addressed but I just want confirmation. My university is trimester based and AACOMAS states in its FAQ that if you attend a Winter term in 2015, you are to list it as 2016. The thing is, my transcript shows 'Winter 2015'. The term runs mid November (2015) to end of February (2016). According to AACOMAS, I should list it as 'Winter 2016', I just want to be sure.

Hey everyone! Not sure if anyone had asked this question before but if I add schools to my AACOMAS, does it take another 4 weeks to verify? Or will it be quicker this time? Thanks :)

I don't know if it's been asked before but I am applying for med and podiatry. Most of my letters are written for podiatry school will that be fine to submit to DO or should I just ask my professors to resubmit their letters with the wording changed from podiatry school to medial school?

So I have a beyond stupid question:
There was a mixup with my application--I had everything done and thought it was in order in Early September, only to find out about two weeks ago my school's transcript was never added (hence why I hadn't gotten any secondary applications yet). It's being processed now, but is it too late to have my application properly submitted for this cycle? In all honesty, I dropped the ball hard by not being more punctual about keeping an eye on it and following up when I thought something was off, but I got intensely preoccupied with my MD applications and...well, here I am.

So I have a beyond stupid question:
There was a mixup with my application--I had everything done and thought it was in order in Early September, only to find out about two weeks ago my school's transcript was never added (hence why I hadn't gotten any secondary applications yet). It's being processed now, but is it too late to have my application properly submitted for this cycle? In all honesty, I dropped the ball hard by not being more punctual about keeping an eye on it and following up when I thought something was off, but I got intensely preoccupied with my MD applications and...well, here I am.

In my opinion, schools are going to be able to read between the lines. Even if you did do this on accident, if you submit now it looks like you submitted your transcript only after the MD cycle (which is already semi-true).

It is extremely late in the cycle as well.

In my opinion, schools are going to be able to read between the lines. Even if you did do this on accident, if you submit now it looks like you submitted your transcript only after the MD cycle (which is already semi-true).

It is extremely late in the cycle as well.
I mean, as far as defending my case here goes, it was an earnest accident. Because I'd nerves applied Tito D.O. School before, I wasn't quite familiar with the system. I requested a transcript and for it to be handled by their entry system--so while the rest of my application was done in mid-September (even getting a secondary from Pikeville right off the bat), there was some kind of error with my transcript going through the first time, evidently, which I wasnt aware of until more recently. I would hope that with the rest of my application being time stamped as complete much earlier on, there wouldn't be negative judgement associated with it at least. The fact that it is, however, very late in the cycle can't be helped though.

I mean, as far as defending my case here goes, it was an earnest accident. Because I'd nerves applied Tito D.O. School before, I wasn't quite familiar with the system. I requested a transcript and for it to be handled by their entry system--so while the rest of my application was done in mid-September (even getting a secondary from Pikeville right off the bat), there was some kind of error with my transcript going through the first time, evidently, which I wasnt aware of until more recently. I would hope that with the rest of my application being time stamped as complete much earlier on, there wouldn't be negative judgement associated with it at least. The fact that it is, however, very late in the cycle can't be helped though.

I'm not doubting your story at all, just that to my understanding your application doesn't enter the admissions committee's scope until your secondary is complete and all required documents are in. So while the dates may be in AACOMAS, I highly doubt those hold any weight in this situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not doubting your story at all, just that to my understanding your application doesn't enter the admissions committee's scope until your secondary is complete and all required documents are in. So while the dates may be in AACOMAS, I highly doubt those hold any weight in this situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah. To be honest I have very little idea how the AACOMAS system works :/
I guess I'll find out!

If I sent a new evaluator request and have a new LOR, will AACOMAS send that LOR to the schools directly?
I don't want to have to ask my evaluator to send an individual email to all of the schools with the LOR..

I was under the impression that AACOMAS replaces equivalent classes from different schools? I recently retook Organic chemistry at my local community college and received a higher score. When I submitted my updated transcript and it was verified, they didn't replace it so I contacted them and their response was "Thank you for contacting AACOMAS, this email is in response to your recent
inquiry. We are not able to mark your Organic Chemistry 1 courses as repeated
since they were taken at two different schools." Am I missing something?

jeez you would think paying 200 bucks to have this done the website would work. cant click pay and nobody is in office to help. aacomas blows

jeez you would think paying 200 bucks to have this done the website would work. cant click pay and nobody is in office to help. aacomas blows
I have honestly had nothing but problems with the AACOMAS system. The site is pretty and everything but past that...

lol yeah except when all the code pops up instead of the webpage half the time. Glad I noticed this problem a month before my nearest deadline. Since I'm only applying to one school at almost the last minute. Just like your not supposed to. As long we it's fixed this week I'll be ok. But still. If ur gonna spend all that money for somebody to recode the website (my wife said it looks different than hers did last year)don't just slap new paint on a turd and call it a functional webpage

Guys, is it late to apply now ? I am starting my AACOM app now?!

Guys, is it late to apply now ? I am starting my AACOM app now?!
I was hoping I might get some insight to this. And Respond to your question as well.26 MCAT (10P, 9 B, 7 V),3.0 science gpa, 3.37 cumulative engineering GPA .Engineering Major, Graduated in 3 years, Mother died during my Freshman year. Stellar recs, good projects, lots of research/ even a published paper.

And I have gotten squat results so far. I think I applied to around 18 DO schools and I am waiting on the waitlist for interviews at 4 schools, waiting for a response from 2-3, and rejected by a good 8-9 schools.

Applied by October 1st.

So my answer to your question is, Im not sure, it is probably too late depending on your MCAT and your GPA. My MCAT nor GPA were anything great, below average to be honest. May be better to wait for the next cycle opening in just 3 months.

I was hoping I might get some insight to this. And Respond to your question as well.26 MCAT (10P, 9 B, 7 V),3.0 science gpa, 3.37 cumulative engineering GPA .Engineering Major, Graduated in 3 years, Mother died during my Freshman year. Stellar recs, good projects, lots of research/ even a published paper.

And I have gotten squat results so far. I think I applied to around 18 DO schools and I am waiting on the waitlist for interviews at 4 schools, waiting for a response from 2-3, and rejected by a good 8-9 schools.

Applied by October 1st.

So my answer to your question is, Im not sure, it is probably too late depending on your MCAT and your GPA. My MCAT nor GPA were anything great, below average to be honest. May be better to wait for the next cycle opening in just 3 months.

Ditto and best of luck on your apps

hey joining the convo a bit late but I'm applying this coming cycle and wondering if being invited to present research at a conference is an achievement. Can a patent(from research) be put on the app or a publication? thanks guys !!!!!

Hello,

I am wondering if a research course for graded credit with the same course title (BSCI379G, 3 credits) taken over multiple semesters will have to be designated as a "repeat" course, and thus will only count once towards my sGPA, or whether this course can be counted several times towards my sGPA? Anyone know the answer to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.