*~*~* Official AACOMAS Questions Thread 2015-2016 *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Right, just experiences.

I am using the same list for AMCAS and AACOMAS so I think 15 is available and plenty.
 
anyone else feel like the AACOMAS looks a lot more modern and loads faster than the AMCAS? I fill out things on the AMCAS, hit next and go to my AACOMAS tab to fill in some things while AMCAS loads. AMCAS looks like it was made in early 2000's
agree 100%
 
Right, just experiences.

I am using the same list for AMCAS and AACOMAS so I think 15 is available and plenty.
That means if you hit the 15th, it will not let you add another?
I am asking this because I have about 20 experiences and want to know if I need to group some of them together and some I have to totally NOT add
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a question about course work - I have 3 classes that I withdrew from early/mid-semester one year. How do I add them? They're on my transcripts as "WN" (withdrawal, no grade).

quick edit: would putting "0" in for credits and WN for grade be acceptable? the site seems to have accepted that as an entry.

edit of an edit (whoops): or should i enter the credits that the course was for, even though I didn't earn the credits? - my transcript has the credits listed, eg 4.0 and the WN for grade.
 
Last edited:
No,

I don't know the limit. I was just saying I entered 15 with no problem, as my list is the same as AMCAS - which has a 15 limit.
 
This is what I read from their website

"You may NOT repeat hours between the sections. If the position duties encompass more than one section, enter the position in both sections and divide the hours and duties accordingly. (Example: a 40 hr/wk position with 10 hrs/wk of research and 30 hrs/wk of direct patient care would be entered under both research and patient care sections with the appropriate hours and duties listed within each section.)"


I saw this as well, but it's not one position encompasses two sections. It's two different positions encompassing one section. (I.e. Someone being like a bus boy being promoted to a manager)
 
I saw this as well, but it's not one position encompasses two sections. It's two different positions encompassing one section. (I.e. Someone being like a bus boy being promoted to a manager)
If two different position with different job title (even for same company), then I will put them in different section since you have different job description, unless you are running out of space (not sure what the limit of the experiences are, so far I know you can do 15)
 
Did anyone ever figure out if there was a way to print it out or see it as a PDF prior to submitting?
A: GPA calculations can be viewed in the application PDF which is available from the “Program Status” tab of your application AFTER your application has been verified by AACOMAS. Click on the blue icon in the upper right of each program you have applied to to bring up your application PDF.
 
I read this on their website

"Can I send letters of reference which are on file at Interfolio or a career center?
A: NO. All letters of reference must be completed via the AACOMAS reference website by the evaluator themselves. If you have letters stored at Interfolio, VirtualEval, or a career center, you may have these letters sent directly to your DO programs."

So Interfolio sends the letters to the schools and not to AAMCOMAS?
I had my letters sent from Interfolio to AACOMAS yesterday. Already processed and received.
 
For the Pre-req sections, are you guys just indicating the minimum requirements? Or listing every course taken?

For instance. It says the minimum is 2 courses for bio. I have taken about 10 courses that fall under biology.
Do I only indicate 2? or list all 10? won't they see this stuff on their own? PLEASE help 🙂
 
If we enter a grade in as W do we list the credits as 0 or the attempted credit amount?

Edit: figured it out, you enter the attempted credits.
 
Last edited:
I am pretty sure you list the attempted credit amount, so not 0.

When you put your grade in as W, it won't factor into the GPA calculation.
 
This might be a dumb question: for course work, how much does it matter that the courses appear in the order they appear on your transcript? I enter them in the order they appear, but then they keep scrambling themselves up. Semesters stay in the proper order obviously, but within each semester the classes are a mess. (Especially for my first semester, where my high school AP credits are all mixed up with my gen eds.) I've tried to drag and drop them to rearrange, but it doesn't seem to work... anybody know if it's a super big deal to have them in order? And if so, how to keep them in order?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It doesn't matter. Just make sure the course name (i.e. BIO111) matches exactly and the courses are in the right semester
 
So I have 4 IT classes taken in high school that my teacher had sent to my community college. They're listed on the transcript but not for gpa credit should I include them?
 
Has anyone completed their application already? Just curious. I took two days off and I am nearly complete. I still need to go through some final edits on my personal statement and proofread my experience descriptions. I'm up to $1035 total, yikes!
 
@MarshMedic - unless they have their own transcript then I'm inclined to think no, but, if it were me I would call AACOMAS just to be sure.
 
Has anyone completed their application already? Just curious. I took two days off and I am nearly complete. I still need to go through some final edits on my personal statement and proofread my experience descriptions. I'm up to $1035 total, yikes!

have you assigned pre-reqs already? Did you just do the minimum or label all courses that fulfill Bio, chem, etc.?
 
I just finished assigning the pre-req's today. I just did the minimum that they asked for, so if it said 6 credits in any biology course then I selected my two, 3 credit bio courses with the highest grade and if it said one year of biology with labs then I selected bio I and bio II with labs. Some of the schools I applied to wanted 12 credits of bio so I selected my bio courses and my 4 credit A&P course. I made sure all the pre-requisites for each school were checked green though, even if that meant stating that I wasn't going to assign a class for this pre-req (in the case of biochem for me).

From the AACOMAS instructions:
NOTE: Entering these courses does not mean you have met the school’s prerequisite requirements. Instead, the school is asking you to self-identify these courses for their review. If you have any questions regarding what the program will accept regarding these prerequisites, please contact the program directly.
 
have you assigned pre-reqs already? Did you just do the minimum or label all courses that fulfill Bio, chem, etc.?
Just minimum they request. Go through each choice in the drop down. Biology, mark the 2 courses. Then choose chem from the drop down and mark those, etc. some schools tell you what can be accepted like for bio you can mark genetics, etc. some schools want physics with lab, a couple dont.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just minimum they request. Go through each choice in the drop down. Biology, mark the 2 courses. Then choose chem from the drop down and mark those, etc. some schools tell you what can be accepted like for bio you can mark genetics, etc. some schools want physics with lab, a couple dont.

Ahh crap. For some of them I labeled like 10 courses that fall under biology. goddamnit. Now I have to go back and delete them and just set it back to the minimum?
 
I can now confirm that if you request the letter through Interfolio, you will get a request for $4.00 per letter to send it to AACOMAS.

Will know if received in a few days.
 
I was told that I can take the MCAT later (end August) but can submit EVERYTHING else before that, transcripts, LOR, essays etc. is this correct. I want to apply for the 2016 cycle, but there is no way i cant give my mact before august.
 
So my fee waiver got approved, and I have to submit in 14 days according to the email.


Dear ********,

Congratulations! You have been approved for the AACOMAS Fee Assistance Program. This means that when you e-submit your application, some or all of your program fees will automatically be credited. If you apply to additional programs beyond the scope of your awarded fee waiver, you may be responsible for additional program fees.

You have 14 calendar days from the date of this notice to redeem your fee assistance waiver. You must complete and e-submit your AACOMAS application by 11:59 PM (Eastern Time) on May 21, 2015. If you do not e-submit your application by that deadline, you automatically forfeit your fee waiver. Please note that you may not apply for another fee waiver during this application cycle.

If you have any questions about your fee waiver award, please contact AACOMAS Customer Service at (617) 612 2889, or by email at [email protected]. Customer service representatives are available to speak with youMonday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time, except on Federal holidays.
​


Did I screw myself over? I was hoping to get this semester's grades on there.. and it doesnt look like thats going to be able to happen. I thought you couldnt submit till June anyways. Should I send transcripts now, and then have new transcripts sent later? I dont think I'll be able to update my grades until the next academic period then after the summer right?
 
My letters were delivered to AACOMAS today by Interfolio email thing, but does anyone else have a "pending" delivery in Interfolio to "CAS"? I didn't order anything to be delivered to CAS, only AACOMAS. It's another $4 per document, so I hope I can just ignore this CAS delivery....

EDIT: Clarification...I requested 2 documents to be sent to AACOMAS, which were successfully delivered, but for some reason, another 2 were requested to be sent to CAS which are "pending" until I pay. Who requested that? Who knows...but bottom line, it looks like we don't have to send Interfolio letters to each individual school anymore.
 
Last edited:
Under destination mine say "AACOMAS". I had to call Interfolio today to have them "released" so I could pay for them to be sent to AACOMAS. I just now received confirmation on my AACOMAS account that they have been received. Sweet!
 
Yah I did not have to call.

I just got an email saying I had pending deliveries, went on Interfolio and paid in the "pending" section.
 
I also got the LOR request in Interfolio from CAS. Wonder if we can ignore it, or if this didn't work and we will need to send individually.
 
For the people talking about assigning prereqs, care to shed some light on where you are referring to? I am also working on the application at the moment.
 
Ok I just got the "CAS" LOR e-mail but I'm going to ignore it. All of my actual letters have been received by the AACOMAS application already.
 
For presentations, this means poster presentations right? The presenting organization would be the conference you presented at?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For presentations, this means poster presentations right? The presenting organization would be the conference you presented at?
I actually was wondering about this section as well. I presented and hosted a Q&A on meridian responses for the research committee of a club in which I am an officer in. Would this count towards a presentation?
 
Ok I just got the "CAS" LOR e-mail but I'm going to ignore it. All of my actual letters have been received by the AACOMAS application already.

That's where I am at as well, for now.

If anyone is curious enough to call Interfolio tomorrow, could they post their response? Or else I will after work.
 
If I'm still waiting for a few LORs to come in, can I still submit my primary and transcripts? Or does submitting the app w/o my letters exclude me from using the AACOMAS LOR service?
Thanks for the help!
 
I was a little confused by how we label retakes; do we highlight both the original attempt (after you make it 0 units) and the most recent attempt?

So for example; if I retook 2 classes, is it supposed to be labeled "4 courses selected" (after selecting the 2 initial attempts and retakes) on the repeat course selection page?

Sorry if it's confusing, but this + AP units are the parts I'm stuck at heh. I do miss the old method, this one reminds me of turbotax! Thanks in advance!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.