*~*~* Official AACOMAS Questions Thread 2015-2016 *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My situation is that I submitted my primary during the summer, while also retaking a course during the summer, so I put down the initial attempt as 3 credits. I finished my summer course with an A and want it to replace my old grade, but the first course stayed at 3 credits instead of being replaced with 0 credits during the Academic Update. So at this point I have two of the same course on my transcript, each with 3 credits, which is bringing my GPA down. I emailed them but all they told me was that it is my responsibility to mark the initial attempt as 0 credits. But I can't do that when it is locked, no changes can be made. Is there a way I can talk to them and have them change it, or a way to change it myself?

I've emailed them multiple times and I always get the same response: We could only change the credits on a repeated course if the course was taken twice at the same school, with the same course code, and both attempts had been complete at the time of verification.

So there is no way for my GPA to leave off the initial attempt that was repeated? Do you guys think I should send my transcripts to the schools directly and hope they take my higher GPA (without the first course)?

Members don't see this ad.

How long does it take for MCAT scores to go into the system after they've been released from the AAMC? I sent mine electronically on the 26th of last month.

@AlteredScale meep

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
How long does it take for MCAT scores to go into the system after they've been released from the AAMC? I sent mine electronically on the 26th of last month.

@AlteredScale meep

According to AAMC, AACOMAS is having problems with getting the scores into their systems. I would go back and resubmit as AMCAS takes only 2-3 business days to send the scores...it's free and automatic anyways

According to AAMC, AACOMAS is having problems with getting the scores into their systems. I would go back and resubmit as AMCAS takes only 2-3 business days to send the scores...it's free and automatic anyways
I'm confused. I have yet to submit AACOMAS and I'm not filling out AMCAS, though I'm assuming you mean AAMC.

Are you suggesting I have AAMC re-send my score report to AACOMAS?

I'm confused. I have yet to submit AACOMAS and I'm not filling out AMCAS, though I'm assuming you mean AAMC.

Arrgrh...sorry, yes that's what I meant. Have AAMC re-send your scores to AACOMAS. Apparently they're having some difficulties...

Arrgrh...sorry, yes that's what I meant. Have AAMC re-send your scores to AACOMAS. Apparently they're having some difficulties...

I've sent AACOMAS customer service an email. Maybe it will be straightened out by Monday. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user

Last edited:
When AACOMAS receives your MCAT, where can you view the confirmation? It's been over a month since I prompted AAMC to send the scores, just re-prompted it again and still waiting...
Go to the programs section and download your app.

Just received verification by AACOMAS last night, but looks like they've incorrectly calculated my GPA. Anyone else have this issue?

So for the schools that require you to select prerequisites- I took multiple math and social sciences overseas during my undergraduate degree, and due to the AACOMAS change, I can't select them (or factor in that great GPA, UGH). I'm thinking this will automatically screen me out of some schools-has anyone else had this problem? Any advice? I'd hate to have to retake a math and social science just to select them on the application!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got verified.. My GPA's are ~0.1 lower than what I calculated them to be. Trying to figure out what went wrong.

So for the schools that require you to select prerequisites- I took multiple math and social sciences overseas during my undergraduate degree, and due to the AACOMAS change, I can't select them (or factor in that great GPA, UGH). I'm thinking this will automatically screen me out of some schools-has anyone else had this problem? Any advice? I'd hate to have to retake a math and social science just to select them on the application!
You have send your foreign transcripts to an agency and have them evaluated. Then you have them send it to AACOMAS and they send it to your selected schools...

You have send your foreign transcripts to an agency and have them evaluated. Then you have them send it to AACOMAS and they send it to your selected schools...
I've done that, obviously. My question was how anyone has addressed this issue with the schools they've applied to, as I'm sure others, like me, lost 4+ years of coursework to select and have verified due to the change.

I've done that, obviously. My question was how anyone has addressed this issue with the schools they've applied to, as I'm sure others, like me, lost 4+ years of coursework to select and have verified due to the change.
Not sure if I'm misunderstanding your question but...I don't understand why you think you lost anything. The agency calculated a GPA when they evaluated your coursework. That's the purpose of the evaluation...and that's what the schools said they are going to use.

dont worry, you've done everything right and the schools will recognize your coursework. The only thing is that they will have to calculate the individual GPAs themselves :)

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding your question but...I don't understand why you think you lost anything. The agency calculated a GPA when they evaluated your coursework. That's the purpose of the evaluation...and that's what the schools said they are going to use.

My issue lies specifically when selecting courses to fulfill the prerequisite requirements that most of the schools I applied to wanted. I couldn't select any English, maths or social science courses because I took them overseas (so they aren't verified and listed on my transcript), while I did my general sciences here in the US. So on the applications I sent, it looks like I haven't taken English, math or social sciences!

My issue lies specifically when selecting courses to fulfill the prerequisite requirements that most of the schools I applied to wanted. I couldn't select any English, maths or social science courses because I took them overseas (so they aren't verified and listed on my transcript), while I did my general sciences here in the US. So on the applications I sent, it looks like I haven't taken English, math or social sciences!
Aaah okay :) yes I asked the schools about that and they said it's fine. They will see it when they go through the transcripts/ schools attended. I had that same concern!

Just got verified.. My GPA's are ~0.1 lower than what I calculated them to be. Trying to figure out what went wrong.
Yes, same here. Exactly 0.1 LOWER that what I calculated it to be. I would think it makes a difference. Have you received any resolution to this yet? I have yet to call them today.

Has anyone tried to call AACOMAS today? They're not available. I'm really wondering why they're having so much trouble working those applications...ugh

Anyone know why some schools are not ready to "Pay and Submit" once I'm verified? I recently added 10+ programs and only 2 are ready to pay and submit.

AACOMAS responded to one of my emails this morning. I think they may be available through only email today.

Still waiting on verification. Hit submit on September 17th :(

I've finished filling out all the requirements on aacomas application, however, I have not paid and submitted my application as of now. I'm just discovering this website, and after reviewing some of the information on here I'm feeling a bit hesitant to submit my application. I haven't taken the mcat before. Right now I'm currently in a course with kaplan and I plan to take the mcat for the first time this January. However, my question now is: should I go ahead and submit my application now and then take the January mcat and forward it to schools then? Will it be too late? What are my chance of getting in if I follow this route?

I've finished filling out all the requirements on aacomas application, however, I have not paid and submitted my application as of now. I'm just discovering this website, and after reviewing some of the information on here I'm feeling a bit hesitant to submit my application. I haven't taken the mcat before. Right now I'm currently in a course with kaplan and I plan to take the mcat for the first time this January. However, my question now is: should I go ahead and submit my application now and then take the January mcat and forward it to schools then? Will it be too late? What are my chance of getting in if I follow this route?

Hey hey :) I don't think anyone here will be able to answer that question as it all depends on so many factors. But I can tell you that submitting now is already a little late (takes AACOMAS 4-6 weeks to verify right now) so if you want to get your app in this circle you def should submit it now!!

Hit send on 09/16 and still not verified.. Anyone verified during this timeline ?

I was verified past Friday but have not gotten any application received confirmation from schools. Does anyone know how long the application takes to be transmitted to schools?

Yeah, well I kind of regret not studying longer, because I could've done better. I was too lazy. I also was out of school for five years when I took the MCAT, so I had to refresh my memory on all the concepts.

Hit send on 09/16 and still not verified.. Anyone verified during this timeline ?

When did you get verified ?

have you gotten any secondaries so far?

I have been verified on Friday as well. But haven't heard back from my schools yet either. They probably need some time to work through thousands of applicants

Are you sure it went through? Did you get a confirmation?
Yes, I checked right now and it shows Payment received in Program Status.. Weird that they have not withdrawn it.. it still shows Application Received > Verifying

Yes, I checked right now and it shows Payment received in Program Status.. Weird that they have not withdrawn it.. it still shows Application Received > Verifying
Yea it sounds weird overall. Also that you're not verified yet although you submitted earlier. I would call and ask tomorrow, they are super nice and helpful.

Hi everyone!

I got an email from Touro-COM saying that they received my application, but I still haven't been verified (grrr transcripts took forever to get there)!!

Is this some sort of mistake?

Hi everyone!

I got an email from Touro-COM saying that they received my application, but I still haven't been verified (grrr transcripts took forever to get there)!!

Is this some sort of mistake?
Did you get the application verified ?. I assume I have the same issue of transcripts. Mine was sent to them on 9/24 and I guess it takes 4 weeks from then. Hope to get that verified tomorrow :)

Did you get the application verified ?. I assume I have the same issue of transcripts. Mine was sent to them on 9/24 and I guess it takes 4 weeks from then. Hope to get that verified tomorrow :)
I got an email two days ago saying I was verified! So maybe they just took a few extra days to tell me that I was verified? I'm just glad that I finally am!

I was wondering if AACOMAS has a verification date estimate like AMCAS? I submitted last week...

I have yet to finish and input my PS or my LORs, but everything else is done. Can I pay and submit and put those things in later?

I have yet to finish and input my PS or my LORs, but everything else is done. Can I pay and submit and put those things in later?
You don't need the letters to submit but you can't submit without your PS

You don't need the letters to submit but you can't submit without your PS
Thanks, but when LOR's will be submitted later - will schools receive them automatically?

One more question. Do I have to wait till they receive my international transcript before I can submit my application? By the looks of it - I can do it right now since button is available. (also it says about international transcripts: "You do not need to enter transcript information for foreign colleges")

Do you guys think it is too late to submit an application for this cycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.