*~*~* Official AACOMAS Questions Thread 2015-2016 *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If our apps are not verified until late August/early September are we at a disadvantage?

Nope. December is late.

If I type the course title exactly as it is on my transcript, but the name looks cut off when previewing application, do I need to shorten the name?

NO. You insert the exact name as it says on the transcript. It must be a glitch when you preview it.

Is my application undergoing verification if the "verifying" bar is yellow?

Yes, usually takes 4 weeks for verification. Mine took 3 weeks 6 days and some hours.

I accidentally asked AAMC to send my scores to AACOMAS twice (the system was being glitchy) and it didn't do any harm that I know of.

Shouldn't be harmful. Its similar to saying I love you twice to your love ones; they got the message.

Members don't see this ad.

Okay so where is this button thing for the transcript update thingamajig?

Nvm figured it out.

Last edited:
Academic update today was successful :) I retook a couple of courses over the summer, and I had to call them so I can change the credits for the first takes to zero and mark them as repeats.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am trying to submit an academic update submission. However, when I get to the last part of the Transcript Review, when I click "Submit my updates" I get the error message "A system error occurred. Please contact system administrator." I got an email that my academic upstate submission was received though. Did this happen to anyone else?

Submitted my app Aug 5th. It is now Sept 2nd (4 week mark shy of 1 day) and my app isn't verified yet.

In the status section all the schools show that my transcript and evaluations have all arrived, but none show they are verified.

Hi,

Does anyone know what academic status to assign to summer college courses? For example, if my freshman year is 2008 - 2009, and then I took summer courses in summer 2009. Do the summer 2009 courses belong to freshman or sophomore year for status? For AMCAS, it would be sophomore, but I am not sure for aacomas. Thanks!

I'm updating my application and I was curious as to if we should list getting on the deans list as an accomplishment? Thanks!

I apologize if this has been asked previously, I have already submitted secondaries for all my selected schools, one of my letter writers recently uploaded a letter on my behalf, will AACOMAS directly send the letter to all the schools now?

It has been a few days and none of my schools secondary portals indicate they have the letter.

Thanks in advance!

Never mind, going to call AACOMAS about my concerns tomorrow.

Last edited:
So I read through this thread some and it seems like most people are only putting the minimum prereq for each subject rather than all the classes they've taken for Biology (for example).
I was going to do the same but one school said that "The competitive applicant will have taken the above course sequences with laboratory" which makes me think that more is better? Is is better to show that I've taken a lot of bio or is it better to just highlight my best classes/grades? @Goro

You will be doing yourself a big favor by taking lots of Bio.

So I read through this thread some and it seems like most people are only putting the minimum prereq for each subject rather than all the classes they've taken for Biology (for example).
I was going to do the same but one school said that "The competitive applicant will have taken the above course sequences with laboratory" which makes me think that more is better? Is is better to show that I've taken a lot of bio or is it better to just highlight my best classes/grades? @Goro

I apologize if this has been asked previously, I have already submitted secondaries for all my selected schools, one of my letter writers recently uploaded a letter on my behalf, will AACOMAS directly send the letter to all the schools now?

It has been a few days and none of my schools secondary portals indicate they have the letter.

Thanks in advance!

I've been wondering this same thing! I called AACOMAS a few minutes ago and was told that it should only take about 24 hours after the letter has been completed on AACOMAS for it to "pop up on the school's secondary portal". Mine was only uploaded to AACOMAS this morning. But I did call the school I was interested in directly and left a message, so hopefully I hear something back monday or better yet it changes to received then.

Members don't see this ad :)
So AMCAS is showing a notification that they received my letters of rec from my advisor (I used VirtualEval) but AACOMAS doesn't show a similar notification.

How do I know if they received my letters of rec? Or do they do that per secondary? I'm confused...

Late applicant here - Can I submit my application before designating evaluation letter writers and then just add those as I get them?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know what time frame they're working on verifying now?

I submitted exactly a month from today and I am still not verified....

Has anyone tried disputing a course subject selection by AACOMAS?

Possibly a stupid question. I am working on entering in my transcript grades, and I am confused about the one part where it gives you numbers (0, 25, 33, 50, 67, 75). IDK wtf these numbers are for since I don't see them anywhere on my official transcript. I only have units (e.g. 4.00) and points (e.g. 10.80, 16.00). I've attached an image of what this looks like.

I cannot save my course or enter in any grades without completing that part.

hey! sorry for the long questions but I'm very confused about their process.

A few schools are saying they still don't have my LORs but they are in my AACOMAS application...
I called one school to say they are in my application and they emailed me back saying we "found them"! Is anyone else having this problem? Is the only thing I can do call the schools and tell them Please go find my LORS??

So I took one summer class and received a grade in August. I sent my new official transcript to AACOMAS and they sent me an email saying it was received AND processed. But there is no CAS grade shown for this course.
My original AACOMAS application was verified in 7/02.
Does anyone know the process? I thought if the email said that my transcript has been processed then the CAS grade should be there.

Haha ditto! Driving me insane. Hopefully in the next few days! :)
So much for the guaranteed 4 weeks. Friday will mark 5 weeks. The worst thing about it is there is nothing we can do about it.

Just to make sure...for the prerequisites at program section, do we just put the prerequisites only or everything that fits under the categories (i.e. biology, chemistry)

if someone already asked in the previous 29 pages, I apologize in advance.

I paid and submitted Aug 12 and just got verified. I now have my GPA and everything is received. Do I have to do anything else or do I just wait to hear from schools about secondaries?

What format are people putting their activities/experiences into the AACOMAS app using? They only give a ridiculous 600 characters of space? Are they expecting us to do bullet points/resume style or are you guys doing full-sentences?

Anyone know where I can check my verified GPA? I don't see it anywhere..
Yeah. Manage my programs ---> My Program Selections ---> Then click on the blue download button on the top right of each school. This will show you your whole application (I believe this is how each school will see it, in fact). Hopefully that helps!

How long did it take for some of you to receive secondary/supplemental applications after being verified? I've been verified for a couple of days and have only received information from 1 school. I meet every requirement for each school I've applied to.

Hey guys! I'm a late applicant and I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet but how did you guys write your experiences since there is no way to mark most meaningful? Did you just organize it by date or did you just list the most meaningful one first, or just in random order? Thanks in advance! :D

Hey guys! I'm a late applicant and I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet but how did you guys write your experiences since there is no way to mark most meaningful? Did you just organize it by date or did you just list the most meaningful one first, or just in random order? Thanks in advance! :D

I put the most meaningful ones first... but somehow the system glitched up and put my least meaningful one first hahah and the rest after... It really annoyed me, but I'm hoping that they'll read all of it and not just laugh at how irrelevant the first one was. I'd recommend putting a decent one at the end, but the majority of the most meaningful ones at the top

I put the most meaningful ones first... but somehow the system glitched up and put my least meaningful one first hahah and the rest after... It really annoyed me, but I'm hoping that they'll read all of it and not just laugh at how irrelevant the first one was. I'd recommend putting a decent one at the end, but the majority of the most meaningful ones at the top

LOL, I'm sorry that happened to you that is annoying! And yeah that is what I figured! I just kind mixing them all in but like you said I threw in the most important ones first. I'm sure they will read though everything!

After my coursework was verified, the application system refused to let me submit to my programs. It's some kind of technical glitch in the system, and I've waiting two weeks for them to resolve this but they haven't. Is anyone else experiencing this? Because I'm about to go get a lawyer.

Does anyone know if sending your updated MCAT score to AACOMAS is enough or do we have to call each individual school to let them know?

My application was verified with an old MCAT score, but I want schools to see my new score asap. Thank you.

Hey y'all!

I have some concerns about how I entered my "Experiences" in regards to the "Description/Key Responsibilities" field.

How much should I write, here? Should I write in first person, or more like "One-on-one tutorship for ESOL students in the subjects of physical science, biology..."? What I have just seems awkward.

@Goro , I know you're busy, but what do you like to see as far as that field is concerned?

Last edited by a moderator:
So much for the guaranteed 4 weeks. Friday will mark 5 weeks. The worst thing about it is there is nothing we can do about it.

If you do not submit with the first two weeks of application opening (i.e. first 2 weeks of June), your application will take a minimum of 6-8 weeks. AAMCAS clearly states this on their website.

Do we know when AACOMAS sends the information to the school after verification?

My transcript was supposed to have been mailed by my UG last Monday. How long does it usually take for it to show up in AACOMAS as received?

My transcript was supposed to have been mailed by my UG last Monday. How long does it usually take for it to show up in AACOMAS as received?
If i remember correctly it can take a week to show up on AACOMAS.

Anyone else getting the "contact system administrator" error when you try to add an activity post-submission?

Yeah, it just went in today!

Anyone else feeling like they're obsessing about AACOMAS verification? lol Seriously, it's hard not to think about it at times..:nailbiting:

Anyone else feeling like they're obsessing about AACOMAS verification? lol Seriously, it's hard not to think about it at times..:nailbiting:
Obligatory "if you just submitted early you wouldn't have to worry about it anymore" response ;-)

Obligatory "if you just submitted early you wouldn't have to worry about it anymore" response ;-)

I know, I know :/ I just couldn't do ittttt!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.