This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
that is horrible, sounds like you should call them!

Members don't see this ad.

Mine came back invalidated and says I must retake next year due to "abnormal test center conditions" . Did this happen to anyone else?
What the hell??? It’s not your fault?? And why didn’t they let you know about that earlier.. and it’s a torture to retake this exam?? Said that will test center pay for ur exam as this is their fault?

Mine came back invalidated and says I must retake next year due to "abnormal test center conditions" . Did this happen to anyone else?
Not that I know of.. no one ever came out and said so

Members don't see this ad :)
Im still waiting.... anyone else here waiting?????? Plz let me know

Still waiting. And hearing about this invalidation is only adding to the anxiety. This is a truly horrible organization

Whatttt??????? Terrible, awful, crazy, OMG

Waiting and panicking, feel nausoeus now, it's traumatizing mentally..

Reactions: 1 user
Please don't panic, I was super anxious till noon time today, no need to panic, everybody I know is getting their results with a pass today. No patterns identified.

just found out i passed (2nd try) it was posted on the certification site about the same time the email was sent. i know this because i've been hitting refresh non-stop like a machine. For those of you who are still waiting--- my thoughts are with you! For what its worth the timing of the score release truly seems to be completely unrelated to the score. this waiting game has been torture! the way the ABIM sadists handle this is insane and just flat out cruel.

Im getting a really bad migraine, it's hard to take this anymore...what is going on?

Members don't see this ad :)
Still waiting here. Convincing myself that I’ve failed...

Reactions: 1 users
Still waiting here. Convincing myself that I’ve failed...
No, don't think that. I'm sure you'll be fine. I hope I will be too. We cant let ourselves down, is beyond our control, we have to Keep it together

just found out i passed (2nd try) it was posted on the certification site about the same time the email was sent. i know this because i've been hitting refresh non-stop like a machine. For those of you who are still waiting--- my thoughts are with you! For what its worth the timing of the score release truly seems to be completely unrelated to the score. this waiting game has been torture! the way the ABIM sadists handle this is insane and just flat out cruel.

So they will continue to post throughout the evening/night?

The wait is painful and to know my letter was signed 10/4 makes it more painful knowing that for the last 3 weeks they knew and we didnt

Hang in there. They stated yesterday they might be giving out scores until friday. We are with you

Hmmm. This sounds like getting a lawyer involved ifvyhe story they gave u doesnt add up.

Next year? Are they crazy? Did u do anything out of the ordinary during the test??

Always a silent...
2nd time test taker. I feel very bad now as the rest of people I know all received their results, all pass. Wondering the rest are "Non-pass" , I took mine on Aug 16th, east coast, nothing coming up. Can't take this anymore.

Letter says proctors reported construction noise. So they offered choice of refund or free retake next august. ....but they didn't give the choice of simply having the test scored. I've left voicemails they have not called me back

Letter says proctors reported construction noise. So they offered choice of refund or free retake next august. ....but they didn't give the choice of simply having the test scored. I've left voicemails they have not called me back
That is some bulls$.....

where did you take the exam ?> This is totally unbelievable or should I say ridiculous.

Now that I have my board scores back, I'm done with standardized tests for a decade...what am I supposed to do with my life?

Oh that's right. I'm making beaucoup bucks as a hospitalist. And I have the next week off AGAIN, and I'll be doing absolutely nothing. Glad I picked this career.

where did you take the exam ?> This is totally unbelievable or should I say ridiculous.
This is the letter:
ABIM conducted a thorough investigation of your examination experience at the Pearson VUE test center in Williamsville, NY while taking the Summer 2017 Internal Medicine Certification Exam. The proctor at the test center where you took your exam reported “Construction/remodeling noise (sawing, hammering, etc.) occurring off and on in test center office building starting at approximately 9:48 am and continuing throughout day.” Research into this issue revealed that the noise distractions from the construction were severe and, in most cases, not eliminated using the noise cancelling headphones or earplugs. We have therefore determined that the administration of your examination did not meet ABIM standards and apologize for any anxiety and inconvenience that you may have experienced.

ABIM is working to provide candidates with examination feedback as soon as possible. You will receive email notification once your results are available to you through your secure physician portal.

Since this exam administration did not meet ABIM’s expectations, your result for the Summer 2017 examination will be recorded as “Indeterminate” (IND). In addition, ABIM is offering you the option to either take the next administration of the examination at no charge or receive a full refund of this administration. Below are the options made available to you. Please respond to this email with your preferred option:

This is the letter:
ABIM conducted a thorough investigation of your examination experience at the Pearson VUE test center in Williamsville, NY while taking the Summer 2017 Internal Medicine Certification Exam. The proctor at the test center where you took your exam reported “Construction/remodeling noise (sawing, hammering, etc.) occurring off and on in test center office building starting at approximately 9:48 am and continuing throughout day.” Research into this issue revealed that the noise distractions from the construction were severe and, in most cases, not eliminated using the noise cancelling headphones or earplugs. We have therefore determined that the administration of your examination did not meet ABIM standards and apologize for any anxiety and inconvenience that you may have experienced.

ABIM is working to provide candidates with examination feedback as soon as possible. You will receive email notification once your results are available to you through your secure physician portal.

Since this exam administration did not meet ABIM’s expectations, your result for the Summer 2017 examination will be recorded as “Indeterminate” (IND). In addition, ABIM is offering you the option to either take the next administration of the examination at no charge or receive a full refund of this administration. Below are the options made available to you. Please respond to this email with your preferred option:

I would ask them to grade what you have..even if it didn't meet standards and you'll take them as is...otherwise you'll be taking it again when you may have passed

I would ask them to grade what you have..even if it didn't meet standards and you'll take them as is...otherwise you'll be taking it again when you may have passed
I would too but they don't offer it as an option and supervisors have yet to return my calls.

Great!!! What time did you get the email??
Still waiting here

Early this morning... had a busy day so was finally able to check. It seems like the majority of my co-fellows and co-residents have had their scores released now.

This is the letter:

This happened to my friend last year. If you passed, you should be okay and not have to take it again next year. If you failed, you are basically saved because there is no score; it's IND BUT you have to take it again next year. Wait for your score report.

Do anyone have idea about what timeline are we looking at? It's past 48 hours since they started releasing data and seems they are releasing <100 per hour. Wonder what type of software this is

I can't believe I'm still waiting. Apparently program directors are pissed about this situation. The excuse they were given is that ABIM didn't want the servers to crash. I hope they address it formally because this is unacceptable

Do anyone have idea about what timeline are we looking at? It's past 48 hours since they started releasing data and seems they are releasing <100 per hour. Wonder what type of software this is
How do you know they are going less than 100 at a time?
I am still waiting.. O M G.

Good night! Hoping for an email when I wake up.

I have been following the thread and received my results today - Passed!!! I used UWorld and completed all the questions and took notes after each one, completed all questions in tutor mode. I also watched MedStudy videos which I found helpful. Overall I found the UWorld questions to fairly represent board questions, and the length of the stems were similar. I wish those of you waiting, the best of luck!

There is only 6000 residency spots and this exam was only for first certification( recert exams happen in October). So give or take, shouldn't exceed 8000 total ppl who took exam in August

I can't imagine what idiot falls for taking 2+ days to load 8000 emails + PDFs. Can you imagine how useless the internet would be if it websites were limited to like 160 users per hour? My ****ing Geocities website in 1995 could handle more traffic than that.

I feel the worst for the individual who got a email saying his test won't even be scored because of noise complaints from the proctor. It didn't sound like he/she got a warning email from them until now. That is just crazy to me. If you already know you are not going to even grade this person's test, just tell this person ahead of time.

there has to be a way of saying, go ahead score it... lets see what happens. Since people get a change to re-score their test.