This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
still waiting...took it 8/17, all my co-residents have gotten their results

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I can't imagine what idiot falls for taking 2+ days to load 8000 emails + PDFs. Can you imagine how useless the internet would be if it websites were limited to like 160 users per hour? My ****ing Geocities website in 1995 could handle more traffic than that.

This reference to Geocities brought me back to when I was 14 and created a Robotech fan site on Geocities (*cringe*).

Anyway, to people worried that they are failing, I’m still waiting and so are at least three others from my program (two of which scored in the >90th percentile in the ITEs), so I wouldn’t worry too much about the delay being delegated to people who failed. Gulp!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This reference to Geocities brought me back to when I was 14 and created a Robotech fan site on Geocities (*cringe*).

Anyway, to people worried that they are failing, I’m still waiting and so are at least three others from my program (two of which scored in the >90th percentile in the ITEs), so I wouldn’t worry too much about the delay being delegated to people who failed. Gulp!

Thanks, that helps a little. Still super freaked out and expecting the worst.

waiting, checking, refreshing, puking...90% pass rate isn't much consolation at the 11th hour. no matter the outcomes, our experiences and agony need to be relayed to ABIM. After all, we are "customers" here. Completely unacceptable and incompetent. I encourage everyone to call, write letters, email, publish articles...make some noise about this.

Reactions: 3 users
Hoping that everyone who is still waiting passes :xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

I noticed their servers are way slow, bordering on unresponsive at this point. Maybe if everyone stops refreshing and logging on the ABIM website, we may get our scores sooner?

I still have yet to get mine, FWIW.

Hi all... I am so sorrry for all who still has not got the result.. I can imagine what you all must be going through, because I am still having palpitations from that trauma of 48 hrs..
You all must have results soon.. you all will pass.. late results doesn’t mean fail.. So do not give up at this moment...it’s 3 years of your hardowrk and turmoil preparing for these exams..

I noticed their servers are way slow, bordering on unresponsive at this point. Maybe if everyone stops refreshing and logging on the ABIM website, we may get our scores sooner?

Hahahahaha. Good luck with that

Still waiting here too and officially over it. I’m just going to assume it won’t be till Sunday at this point. Imbeciles

Reactions: 2 users

I don’t think so..
If they would loaded and released all at the same time, servers wouldn’t have crashed for 72+ hrs.
We would have got results earlier than this

This is the letter:
ABIM conducted a thorough investigation of your examination experience at the Pearson VUE test center in Williamsville, NY while taking the Summer 2017 Internal Medicine Certification Exam. The proctor at the test center where you took your exam reported “Construction/remodeling noise (sawing, hammering, etc.) occurring off and on in test center office building starting at approximately 9:48 am and continuing throughout day.” Research into this issue revealed that the noise distractions from the construction were severe and, in most cases, not eliminated using the noise cancelling headphones or earplugs. We have therefore determined that the administration of your examination did not meet ABIM standards and apologize for any anxiety and inconvenience that you may have experienced.

ABIM is working to provide candidates with examination feedback as soon as possible. You will receive email notification once your results are available to you through your secure physician portal.

Since this exam administration did not meet ABIM’s expectations, your result for the Summer 2017 examination will be recorded as “Indeterminate” (IND). In addition, ABIM is offering you the option to either take the next administration of the examination at no charge or receive a full refund of this administration. Below are the options made available to you. Please respond to this email with your preferred option:
What the hell test center did for so long if they had noise and didn’t inform you at that point??
Try to enquirer what other people results that have given exam at the same test center on the same day. Ask ABIM how many such results are issued this time..
ABIM is proving to be more stupid in multiple aspects than I thought.

waiting, checking, refreshing, puking...90% pass rate isn't much consolation at the 11th hour. no matter the outcomes, our experiences and agony need to be relayed to ABIM. After all, we are "customers" here. Completely unacceptable and incompetent. I encourage everyone to call, write letters, email, publish articles...make some noise about this.
It’s the same every year.. I think once they are done with this, people don’t feel like dealing with this S*** , so they don’t care and leave.. and thus, it continues to happen every year..

Do anyone have idea about what timeline are we looking at? It's past 48 hours since they started releasing data and seems they are releasing <100 per hour. Wonder what type of software this is
2 people must be sitting at the computer and must be manually updating this.. otherwise why the hell would take this long..
It’s minimum sense to release pass or fail first and then 2 days later they can email score reports.. who cares about score reports at this point even if it’s a fail

Members don't see this ad :)
Still waiting. And hearing about this invalidation is only adding to the anxiety. This is a truly horrible organization
Yeah I agree with you.. even third world countries and under developed places have a better method of releasing results..
Till now, never had such worst experience with release of results.

2 people must be sitting at the computer and must be manually updating this.. otherwise why the hell would take this long..
It’s minimum sense to release pass or fail first and then 2 days later they can email score reports.. who cares about score reports at this point even if it’s a fail

the two people doing it must be the equivalent of the "grandma finds the internet" meme... LOL

PASSED. Score of 598 (what?!). Got the e-mail at 8am on 10/25.

I had pretty poor ITE scores all 3 years of residency (29%, 39%, 39%), but I also didn't study for these at all. I skimmed the MKSAP 16 books (and did some scattered questions) during PGY1-2. I started trying to read the MKSAP 17 books in earnest starting in PGY3 (and got through about 60%), but my tolerance for simply absorbing info from books has really plummeted and I quickly found this really wasn't efficient. April of PGY-3 I started question banks. Between April-July I did MKSAP 17 and UWORLD question banks, finished what I hadn't yet done from MKSAP 16 question bank, and then re-did all of the incorrect questions.

During the exam, I discovered myself thinking several times "they could've made these questions harder". But there were still enough I wasn't sure about, that I walked out feeling like I'd failed. I did NOT expect the score I received, in the slightest. I'm publishing the score just to show that even residents with average-to-poor ITE scores can do well if you take the exam seriously.

Really happy for those who passed.

However, still waiting. Starting to feel like I am the only one.

Hold on guys... we are here with you.
Somebody called tuesday and they told him/her that results were gonna take until friday to come out.

Any thoughts about enrolling in MOC program? Yay or nay?
Nay, because I have to take sub speciality boards.. but again it’s personal preference and work requirement.

Last edited:
Still waiting. Trying to just tell myself it won't be till the end of the week

What the hell test center did for so long if they had noise and didn’t inform you at that point??
Try to enquirer what other people results that have given exam at the same test center on the same day. Ask ABIM how many such results are issued this time..
ABIM is proving to be more stupid in multiple aspects than I thought.
This is completel
It’s the same every year.. I think once they are done with this, people don’t feel like dealing with this S*** , so they don’t care and leave.. and thus, it continues to happen every year..

They could have snail mailed the results out on Monday and we would have had them by now...

Reactions: 1 users
They could have snail mailed the results out on Monday and we would have had them by now...

HA I was thinking this exact thing this morning.
went to my actual mailbox at 3 am to make sure ...

still waiting here. anyone else?

Reactions: 1 users
still waiting here. anyone else?
Yup waiting. I just called them. Lady said most will be out by Friday but some may take until Monday at the latest. I told her the system was inefficient and hung up.

Just got my results 15 minutes back, Passed. Thank God! Best luck to all still waiting!

Try to stay strong! This really all is a sham, and really makes me want to drop my IM cert since I won’t need it anymore after subspecialty boards.
There really is no excuse on their part for this crap.

Passed (568)! =)

I was worried because I almost didn't study for this test and was relying on the fact that I was doing fairly well in the ITEs. I had to move across the country for fellowship and my last months of residency were incredibly busy and I was having some family issues to add to the stress! I just did 25% of MKSAP questions on and off and 2 weeks before the test I've borrowed Medstudy videos and I've watched 2-3 of them. I come from a mid-upper tier residency program, had good USMLE scores (250s range) and was doing OK ITE-wise (>70th percentile). I think my last ITE was super predictable as other users pointed out. I also had the feeling that I've failed when I've walked out of the test center.

Passed!!!
It will take time to get over 4 days of torture. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

Reactions: 6 users
what time did you guys get your email?
still waiting as well, as are ~5 out of the 50 members of my residency class. hanging in there...

anyone who got result so far has failed the exam? any idea?

One person in my prgm got their score on Tuesday... they failed.

Two people (including me) are still waiting for their scores from my prgm.

One person in my prgm got their score on Tuesday... they failed.

Two people (including me) are still waiting for their scores from my prgm.
Can I ask a question, if some has not passed, does that show as "not certified" on abim website or you cannot search their name at all.

passed. time stamp 8:40am PST. good luck to all those waiting. the curve seems extremely generous.

Reactions: 4 users