This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes. I think the pass rate is going to be high this year. Thankfully

You think so? How can you tell?

(btw, still waiting)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm normally a pretty stoic guy, but this is awful. Took the exam on August 18th in Maine. Still waiting. Looks like I'm the last in my residency program to find out (which does not portend a good outcome). Fingers crossed to all of us who are still waiting.

EDIT: Passed. Scored 629.
Came out of that examination honestly, not knowing how I had done; even felt like I had done poorly because of the last 2 modules where I felt I was guessing too much.
Came from decent enough residency program, ITE scores 70's years 1 & 2, and 81% year 3. I took Awesome review in Feb of this year, but didn't open the books until about 3-4 weeks before the exam as a result of a hectic move, starting work, and 3 sick children in July. Studied like a beast for about 3.5 weeks with my Awesome review books and made it though about 50% of MKSAP 17 questions. To be honest, in retrospect, I think the ITE format was most similar to the exam and MKSAP questions (in retrospect) were way off the mark in terms of relevance and required knowledge base for this exam.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
You think so? How can you tell?

(btw, still waiting)

Multiple things
1- last few years people will post here that they failed. This ocassion none so far
2- 6 new hospitalist in my programm all passed
3- all ten residents of the hospital i work as a hospitalist passed

I now is nerve wrecking, got my score yesterday afternoon. But u guys will pass too.

Got my results - 10am PST. I passed :)

I did very well too - so I doubt this has much to do with anything.

Reactions: 1 users

Maybe they are just saving the best for last!

Reactions: 1 user

Congrats!
You've answered my question about whether results are released in the afternoon (at least by Eastern time)!

Just got my result -10:38 AM PST from the mafia ABIM.
Passed but don’t care anymore about this mafia organization.
No reason to delay reports.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Me too. I am the last one in my fellowship program and prob the last one for my residency program too. My PD emailed me and asked about the result since he could not find my name in the certification list and probably thought that I failed.

This is very unprofessional and I already called them to complain this and made sure that they will report this incident to their supervisors.

They stated that there're more people taking an exam this year which I dont know why and dont know if it's really related ot not.

I hope that there will be more people to call them or email them to let them trying to do a better job next year given the money we paid for the exam. (Even wanna know the details of the expense of the exam given that the claims of them as a non-profit organization).

I would be freaking out even worse if I did not come out from the exam thought that I was doing okay but now starting to doubt myself.

Hang in there for those who's in the same boat with me.

Me too. I am the last one in my fellowship program and prob the last one for my residency program too. My PD emailed me and asked about the result since he could not find my name in the certification list and probably thought that I failed.

This is very unprofessional and I already called them to complain this and made sure that they will report this incident to their supervisors.

They stated that there're more people taking an exam this year which I dont know why and dont know if it's really related ot not.

I hope that there will be more people to call them or email them to let them trying to do a better job next year given the money we paid for the exam. (Even wanna know the details of the expense of the exam given that the claims of them as a non-profit organization).

I would be freaking out even worse if I did not come out from the exam thought that I was doing okay but now starting to doubt myself.

Do our former PDs receive our score reports? Or are they just simply limited to looking us up individually to see if we passed?

Do our former PDs receive our score reports? Or are they just simply limited to looking us up individually to see if we passed?
They don't. They just look up our names individually .

Still waiting. Took mine 8/22. I've actually gone from anxiety to fatigue at this point

Last edited:
Lurker here, also still waiting, took mine on 8/17
I now firmly believe that I will be the last one to have his report back. Don't worry I will post as soon as I get it.

wanna wager? i'm still in the running haha

have been lurking all week, commiserating with you all, wanted to share that I received passing email at 3pm today est. Took exam 8/17. While that wait has been awful, there are still positive outcomes!

Well us not getting it until now is not indicative of pass or fail. It is a completely random and stupid process. The wait is torture however

Extremely unprofessional from the organization which talks about professionalism and quality. BS.

There shouldn't be more than 8000 ppl who appeared for the exam

Finally got the passing email at 1:14pm. Hang in there!

finally got my email at 7:46am mountain time zone, I was the last of my class and the rest of my friends to find out. Passed thankfully. F*** ABIM.

what a way to kill someone's week with a slow, torturous wait

Just found out I passed; results at 5pm EST

Reactions: 2 users
Pass!!!!!! Email at 10:32 am west coast. Absolutely relieved.

Don't know how I would have made it through this week without knowing that there were so many others also waiting. Thank you to all who have posted. Especially those also on a second attempt like me. To all those still waiting, we are here for you.

Passed. Just found out at 5.15PM Eastern time. Sorry for those who are still waiting. I wish you guys the best of luck and I know you guys will pass !!!

Updated:
Just would like to share my experience:

I am a good test taker based on my ITE exams - 93/95/97 percentiles (although this does not necessarily represent the real knowledge).

Finished 40% of MKSAP, 1 round of BB and all USMLE world Qbank x1.

I think the key is that the technique for studying that worked for you during USMLE, should work for ABIM exam as well and for me, UWORLD is the highest yield. Make sure you do all the questions and read every single answers (all right and wrong ones).

Score: 690

Appreciates everyone who shared the experience in this forum in the past.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Passed. Just found out at 5.15PM Eastern time. Sorry for those who are still waiting. I best you guys the best of luck and I know you guys will pass !!!

Got the email 10 min before I posted.

Hang in there, folks! It doesn't seem like there's a rhyme or reason to the order they released scores, so it doesn't mean anything bad if you're still waiting.

Ppl who are getting results today or yesterday have suffered through anxious times. It's important that we address this with abim and not forget once we get results. This is a ridiculous experimentation with human emotions and this should be condemned strongly and a rationale should be released as newsletter by abim. They send so many stupid emails, this should be done too

Ppl who are getting results today or yesterday have suffered through anxious times. It's important that we address this with abim and not forget once we get results. This is a ridiculous experimentation with human emotions and this should be condemned strongly and a rationale should be released as newsletter by abim. They send so many stupid emails, this should be done too

Someone please tell me again that they arent saving the fails for last

PLEASE WE ALL NEED TO CALL ABIM. I AM THE ONLY PERSON FROM THE PROGRAM WHO DOES NOT HAVE THE SCORE AND THERE ARE ALREADY RUMORS THAT I FAILED. NOT COOL!