This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m not here to argue, I have the screenshot of my friend’s report.
Peace and good luck to everyone.

Since it's getting to be that time of year again where people start asking, here is the updated table of the first reported results on SDN from the last decade or so:

2017: Monday, October 23 @ 1014am (results rolled out over about 4 days with no rhyme nor reason to the order)
2016: Saturday, October 15 @951 pm (snafu on the website as results rolled in over the next 12 hours or so)
2015: Thursday, October 8 @ 817AM
2014: Monday, October 6 @ 1059AM
2013: Monday, October 7 @ 323 AM (seriously)
2012: Thursday, October 4 @ 814 AM
2011: Wednesday, November 2 @ 1033 AM
Unable to find 2010, but it was prior to November 9
2009: Tuesday, October 20 @ 540PM

Basically, there's no way to predict when it will come out, so don't ask. Calling the ABIM will be useless. My only assertion is it's probably going to be out before the end of October, but even that isn't 100% (see 2011).

Sorry Rebecca but you are mistaken. Raryn numbers are accurate.[/QUOTE]
I’m not

Members don't see this ad.

Eagerly awaiting the good news for myself and all involved. Gotta stay positive. Hopefully sometime this week? Was late last year.

I’m not here to argue, I have the screenshot of my friend’s report.
Peace and good luck to everyone.
I’m not
Based on some of the posts I read, I think the dates written on the reports were weeks before they were actually emailed/posted.
In any case, good luck to everyone!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys, calm down. It must be SO hard on the ABIM to get this done! I mean...it’s an organization that does literally nothing other than create and administer electronically delivered standardized tests on virtually the exact same dates every year. It makes TOTAL sense that the release of the scores has absolutely no precise timing, rhyme, or reason. I mean...3 am on a Saturday? Ok cool! 10 pm on a Sunday? Sure...why not? Friday morning? Wednesday afternoon? All at once, over several days? Sure! Why not slowly over the 12 days of Christmas with the highest scores first? Maybe they could get Santa to come to the house of the highest scorer with the score report all wrapped up? The failures can get theirs in boxes with coal! Yahoo ABIM, we love ya!

Reactions: 1 users
Based on some of the posts I read, I think the dates written on the reports were weeks before they were actually emailed/posted.
In any case, good luck to everyone!!

That's right. Dates on the letters are different. See if your friend still has the email.

My sources tell me that my user id and password don’t match.

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve heard from sources that that’s a sign that you passed.

Even though I'm pretty sure you're joking, I definitely just tried to log in, my password worked, and now I'm convinced I've failed despite no score being reported yet.

I now hate you. =(

Members don't see this ad :)
Does is say pass initial certification exam under “ My assessment and certification”?

I think that just means you should pass! Right? Because mine also says not yet taken/scored.

Does is say pass initial certification exam under “ My assessment and certification”?
"My assessment and certification" section is a to-do list. Once you've passed it and it's been released, that disappears.

(It currently says "Pass Initial Certification Exam" for me under the Endocrine boards - and I haven't even taken the test yet, which is in a month)

Last year they added a post on Sunday 10/22 saying "results are being released the week of 10/23/17". Emails were sent over the next few days and you have to log in to see the report. Most of the reports were dated 3 weeks back (10/3-10/5).

If they are doing the same thing this year then if there is no post by Monday we should enjoy the rest of that week.

Last edited:
I would say in general, we can only just relax. There’s no way to know. Having been through this before and reading Raryan’s chart by year, there’s literally no rhyme or reason and it could be out tomorrow morning or the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.

I went through this in 2016 and it was bizarre. One random Sunday morning I checked a friend’s status (randomly) and it had changed to “certified”. I texted him and he had no idea...no score report-his didn’t come until 2 days later. Over the next 48 hours people were freaking out as statuses were randomly updated without any official scores. My years in residency it was always a “hey...someone just texted that results are out” situation. Complete randomness. Some years scores were out before status on website updated.

Admittedly I’m dying from the suspense too, but I’ll try to take my own advice and forget about it until I get the email. Best of luck!

I called ABIM yesterday just wanted to know when result will be back. I knew that its useless but i just wanted to try it out.
I was asked my ABIM ID, name, DOB and email ID. Then she looked into my account and said " Oh you gave your exam in August. Results will be out in 3 months. You will be notified by email when result is out ". She has nothing else to add.
I would advise everyone not to call them and waste your time. Spend that time on something productive.
Good luck

I called ABIM yesterday just wanted to know when result will be back. I knew that its useless but i just wanted to try it out.
I was asked my ABIM ID, name, DOB and email ID. Then she looked into my account and said " Oh you gave your exam in August. Results will be out in 3 months. You will be notified by email when result is out ". She has nothing else to add.
I would advise everyone not to call them and waste your time. Spend that time on something productive.
Good luck

I bet they get a lot of us calling in. I was told the same...

I bet they get a lot of us calling in. I was told the same...
I was told no earlier than the last week of October. Whatever, who knows. I still think we should blow their phones up. The ABIM is annoying so we might as well annoy them back. My relationship with them has and always will be adversarial

It does seem pretty random. But historically results come out at any time in October for the most part...if we haven’t heard by now looks like today and weekend will be quiet. But random can be random...

I think we all need to just calm down. I mean, it's not like we paid thousands of dollars for a test that can be scored in seconds by a computer, right?

Reactions: 4 users
ABIM physician portal site is down for maintenance. May be ABIM is preparing for result upload on Monday ?

As VneZony said, it should just spit out a score in 10 seconds as the ABIM claims there is no curve. If you read the ABIM’s site under results it CERTAINLY sounds like they curve it, but in reverse. They assign a likelihood that an internist should get certain questions right. I don’t know if this is done before or after the test and I don’t know what their process is for filtering questions out. Supposedly 20-40 questions are thrown out (which is absurd as that’s nearly a full block). I’ve also read that the delay is for “assuring security” or ensure there was no cheating (how?!).
In any event, I think our frustration stems from dealing with the NBME for so many years. They have a much bigger and more important job to do and they do it well and efficiently. We get to the ABIM cert exam which seems like a medical Trivial Pursuit game hastily thrown together and scored inefficiently. It’s an organization shrouded in secrecy and controversy (you can google and find the many news pieces regarding their shady business practices as a supposed non-profit).
It’s a pointless hurdle to jump and we sweat for it. It doesn’t enhance our practice or make us any better/worse. It’s an expensive feather for our caps and it could be so much more. And here’s to another week of “maybe we’ll get our scores this week?.....”. Ok week, GO!

since in the last 6 years or so results have been posted within this 2 week window, good chance we will receive it this week! Good luck everyone!

Looking at the release dates posted earlier, it seems to take longer every bloody year. So I wouldnt be surprised if it was Oct. 30 or later. I hope not, but wouldn't surprise me. Its taken a week longer every year for the last couple years....

2017: Monday, October 23 @ 1014am (results rolled out over about 4 days with no rhyme nor reason to the order)
2016: Saturday, October 15 @951 pm (snafu

Looking at the release dates posted earlier, it seems to take longer every bloody year. So I wouldnt be surprised if it was Oct. 30 or later. I hope not, but wouldn't surprise me. Its taken a week longer every year for the last couple years....

2016: Saturday, October 15 @951 pm (snafu
To be fair, the test had been getting a little bit later in August over the last few years too- I think this year the actual test dates were the same as last year, so it may be about the same time as last year. Hopefully they don't release them piecemeal again though - that was very frustrating for folks.

I was wrong - it did get a couple days later this year. But not as bad as the change from 2015 to 2016.

2015:
Aug. 3, 5, 7, 11, 12 or 18
2016: Aug. 16, 18, 19, 22, 24 or 25
2017: Aug. 16, 17, 18, 21, 22 or 24
2018: Aug. 17, 20, 23, 24, 27, or 28

When I search my certification status, it says “no results found.” Is this the same for the rest of you?

Ok this results delivery really is run by a bunch of clowns.

If you look under “exam results”, initial cert exam score for Summer 2018 only has Sports Medicine listed as available. Under MOC, Sports and IM Knowledge Check-In are available for Summer 2018.

Knowledge Check-In tests were offered Sept 15 and 18 and the results are available already?! Granted I’m sure it’s less exams to score but am I to assume they’re scoring our exams, took a little hiatus to deliver the Check-In’s from Sept 15 and 18, then they’ll get back to ours? Come on already for God’s sake...

Ok this results delivery really is run by a bunch of clowns.

If you look under “exam results”, initial cert exam score for Summer 2018 only has Sports Medicine listed as available. Under MOC, Sports and IM Knowledge Check-In are available for Summer 2018.

Knowledge Check-In tests were offered Sept 15 and 18 and the results are available already?! Granted I’m sure it’s less exams to score but am I to assume they’re scoring our exams, took a little hiatus to deliver the Check-In’s from Sept 15 and 18, then they’ll get back to ours? Come on already for God’s sake...

You all think the abim stalks this forum, reading of all of our post-exam anxiety...?
I would hope not.
Happy Tuesday!

Wouldn’t surprise me. They don’t have anything else to do all day other than swim in piles of our money Scrooge McDuck-style.

It would be nice if they could at least have taken the small effort to update the site so it states "Exam not yet scored" rather than show "Exam not yet taken/scored" after you've taken the test. This small fix would likely reduce some confusion.

I really should just take my own advice...relax. There’s nothing we can do about this anyway!

You all think the abim stalks this forum, reading of all of our post-exam anxiety...?
I would hope not.
Happy Tuesday!
They absolutely watch this forum. They have a couple of employees who are hired strictly to patrol the internet looking for evidence of people cheating or sharing information. Considering how many hits this site gets on the subject, they probably watch this thread regularly.

Hello ABIM! Please pass everyone and release our results today:)

Goodluck to everyone waiting for their results. I know how difficult and agonizing the waiting game is, having gone through it last year. Just look at my posts to see what I was feeling.

Again, best of luck, and remember this test doesn't define your success.