This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Table of first reported results updated for this year, just for future reference:

2020: Wednesday, October 14 @ 646 am
2019: Monday, September 30 @ 943am
2018: Thursday, October 18 @ 735pm
2017: Monday, October 23 @ 1014am (results rolled out over about 4 days with no rhyme nor reason to the order)
2016: Saturday, October 15 @951 pm (snafu on the website as results rolled in over the next 12 hours or so)
2015: Thursday, October 8 @ 817AM
2014: Monday, October 6 @ 1059AM
2013: Monday, October 7 @ 323 AM (seriously)
2012: Thursday, October 4 @ 814 AM
2011: Wednesday, November 2 @ 1033 AM
Unable to find 2010, but it was prior to November 9
2009: Tuesday, October 20 @ 540PM
Shoutout to @Raryn for this compilation so maybe I’ll stop anxiously starting my day at the ABIM website.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Lololol. It's become part of my morning routine. Wake up. Pee. Brush teeth. Make coffee. Check ABIM website 😂
I probably will find out in here when scores are up. I don't think about it even in my off days.

Members don't see this ad :)
Who are you and how did you retain this much mental health throughout medical school and residency
We have seven years to pass that things.

I was horrified about not passing step1/2 and CS because of the severe ramifications... This test is different.

Who are you and how did you retain this much mental health throughout medical school and residency
I'm not @Splenda88, but this has been my approach to every exam I've taken since I started undergrad.

I put in the work ahead of time, did the best I could, and the results are what they are. No amount of anxiety on my part will change the outcome.

It used to drive all my pre-med roommates nuts in college when (back in the "late 1900s" as kids are apparently calling the 90s now) they would all race to line up to see the posted science exam scores on the professor's door and wonder why I wasn't going with them.

Reactions: 1 users
Looks like scores will come out either next week or the week following based on previous release dates

I have hope it will be this week :/
Would they update the portal where u check a physician status before they release the scores? I keep checking my name on the portal and its still saying no data. I am too scared to go login and check and see if results are out.

Would they update the portal where u check a physician status before they release the scores? I keep checking my name on the portal and its still saying no data. I am too scared to go login and check and see if results are out.
I’ve checked the physician portal and verify physician status page and nothing yet. Idk what would be released first :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Portal is under scheduled maintenance..any relation to them uploading scores?

Portal is under scheduled maintenance..any relation to them uploading scores?
Doubt they will release results on a weekend so must be a regular maintenance. I have been checking my status on check your physician certification status and its still saying no information. It’s probably won’t be until
14-15th in my opinion cause covid has slowed everything down.

Do they usually put up a message or something on the site on the week they’re going to be released? I’ve read that somewhere on this thread but not sure if it’s every year.

Does it really take 2+ months to release scores of a computerized P/F exam? Kind of ridiculous...

Maybe we all should spam their support email asking for an earlier release. God, I agree, with everything computerized, there is no reason to take this long to release the damn scores.

I hope they don't release it around thanksgiving. Every organization is using the pandemic as an excuse when they screw up.

I hope they don't release it around thanksgiving. Every organization is using the pandemic as an excuse when they screw up.

They really should extend eligibility during the pandemic for those that lost it. People who lost eligibility should take this to the media see if they can get some traction--legitimate doctors losing their jobs in midst of a pandemic because of a board certification that should have never been made mandatory for employment. Not a good look for ABIM.

Last edited:
They really should extend eligibility during the pandemic for those that lost it. People who lost eligibility should take this to the media see if they can get some traction--legitimate doctors losing their jobs in midst of a pandemic because of a board certification that should have never been made mandatory for employment.
Physicians collectively should say they will not take it. I am dreaming here since I know it will never happen.

Look at CS! Everyone knows it was a bogus exam and yet people were ok to spend the $1000 and traveling expenses to take it.

CS, step3 and board certification should go.

Physicians collectively should say they will not take it. I am dreaming here since I know it will never happen.

Look at CS! Everyone knows it was a bogus exam and yet people were ok to spend the $1000 and traveling expenses to take it.

CS, step3 and board certification should go.
CS is no longer an exam people take.

Step 3 should remain imo.

I agree, the ABIM exam should go.

Does it really take 2+ months to release scores of a computerized P/F exam? Kind of ridiculous...
Seriously- my wife took a certification exam for her job and as soon as she hit the submit button she got her score. Right there in the testing center. "We need to review the questions to see which ones will count for score" you couldn't do that before putting them on the test?

Seriously- my wife took a certification exam for her job and as soon as she hit the submit button she got her score. Right there in the testing center. "We need to review the questions to see which ones will count for score" you couldn't do that before putting them on the test?
Right? I remember I took the GRE back in the day and got more score back the moment I hit submit. I know it’s different but if the GRE can do it in seconds, USMLE/COMLEX could do it in under a month and ABIM could do it less in under… TBD.

Right? I remember I took the GRE back in the day and got more score back the moment I hit submit. I know it’s different but if the GRE can do it in seconds, USMLE/COMLEX could do it in under a month and ABIM could do it less in under… TBD.

Their motto should be “professionalism for thee but not for me”. ABIM charges you a late registration fee on top of their ludicrous cost yet they can just take their time with the results and not release any info about it.

Im not even sure what the high cost pays for since they sure like to take their sweet time.

Their motto should be “professionalism for thee but not for me”. ABIM charges you a late registration fee on top of their ludicrous cost yet they can just take their time with the results and not release any info about it.

Im not even sure what the high cost pays for since they sure like to take their sweet time.
Was hoping the facebook/instagram/whatsapp outage increased productivity of ABIM for that day and we would have the results earlier....

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Do you guys think the scores will be released this week ?

Last edited:
scores available. Glad to say I passed. I am wishing you all the best

Reactions: 5 users
Got the email about scores being available but the site is flooded and won't load. Gonna start frantically refreshing the page haha

I think you get an email about results regardless? The email just says results are available, that's all.

Got the email about scores being available but the site is flooded and won't load. Gonna start frantically refreshing the page haha
I still can't login but I was able to use the "Verify a Physician status" tool to see that I am 'Certified' and therefore must have passed :rofl:

Reactions: 5 users
I still can't login but I was able to use the "Verify a Physician status" tool to see that I am 'Certified' and therefore must have passed :rofl:
Same! Was able to search my name. Certified as well so at least my HR has decreased

Reactions: 3 users
I did the same. So it does mean we passed?? Lol just want to be sure before celebrating. Thanks!

Site crashed but thanks for the tip on checking physician credentials. Says “current certification status Internal Medicine: Certified” and “Internal Medicine: 2021” under initial certification so I’m hoping this means I passed and can check the score report much later.

Passed!!!!! So glad I don’t have to worry about this for another 10 years lol

Passed. So relieved. It took me 40 minutes of refreshing to get my credentials on the verify page- you all will get there. Congrats to everyone who passed. This f*cking test man...
I am really grateful for this forum! Helped me get through a lot of anxiety the past however many weeks. Thank you guys!

Passed! I can see on the portal that I am certified. I can’t get to my score but I don’t even care. I also no longer care about how I did on AOBIM.

Last edited:
Passed..this exam needs to be abolished

Passed! I don't know where to find the scores but I was able to get in the portal and see a certification letter!

Passed! I don't know where to find the scores but I was able to get in the portal and see a certification letter!
If u can’t find ur name on check physician as certified does that mean u failed?

Finally got through, I passed! So happy to be done with this forever. Below the mean but idc, im done with this test.

For future readers, make sure you include UWorld in your study plan. I credit them with helping me pass.

My status says Internal medicine certified. But still not able to view scores.

Reactions: 2 users