***Official April 2006 Score Release Countdown Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gujuDoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the continuing spirit of the tradition started last year, we will hold this as your official countdown til score release thread. You can use this as a countdown, but may also post in here general conversation if you are just going insane over this wait. Also, this may not be an exact of when the scores will come out, but we don't know how many days before the official 60 days are over they will come out. Last year, they came out around June 15th at 10pm. But this will give us a rough approximation.

Ok, let the fun begin.........

59 days and counting........

Lets pray for all of you and for my very best roommate, and two of my other bestest friends. :D May all come with good news in the following two months.

This is for the neurotic ones who just need somewhere to vent their frustration over the wait. :p

Members don't see this ad.

saki0005 said:
Does anyone else feel tightness and pain in their chest? Yep, I'm pretty certain I'm having a major heart attack.

Tightness and pain, yes, just a little lower down.... :scared:

morriske said:
what kind of wine you got?
A Riesling from a TX winery called Messina Hof. Very good. Best Riesling I've ever had. Think I may switch to whiskey soon.

(Before anyone chastizes me about that, I've actually never had a problem. Guess I'm lucky like that)

Members don't see this ad :)
shetalweapon said:
so what if the server crashes? ahhhhhhhhhh!!

There's supposed to be an AIM chatroom set up just in case. See the main MCAT forum when and if this thread ever slows downs.

Anastasis said:
A Riesling from a TX winery called Messina Hof. Very good. Best Riesling I've ever had. Think I may switch to whiskey soon.

(Before anyone chastizes me about that, I've actually never had a problem. Guess I'm lucky like that)

My wife loves Riesling...do they have a website you can order wine from?

danjo said:
Good call...I've been waiting for my Guinness to chill a bit...but there's nothing wrong with a slightly warm one! It'll take the edge off at least!

who would have known?? today I bought bloody mary mix and vodka for a future event and lookie here, the event is today!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

braluk said:
id trust thx before id trust the offices in aamc, those are service reps answering ur question, while someone at top are the ones updating thx
I bet it's the bluetooth guy from 24!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
We should make a poll about how many posts will be in this thread before it is closed down at 10 pm when scores are released.

Will we reach 6000+???

Or will we stay in the 5200 range somewhere??

Or something else??

can u imagine the number of ppl who will be loggin in to THx!! That must be one amazing server to handle all that traffic. Or is it?

braluk said:
id trust thx before id trust the offices in aamc, those are service reps answering ur question, while someone at top are the ones updating thx

word. remember all those hoaxy messages people were getting about the so called June 12/13th release?? I trust thx as well. thx is my long last friend who wants to backstab me. :(

Anastasis said:

sounds good. I can't decide what to do with my champagne. I only want to drink it if I get a 32+... guess I'll throw it in the freezer, if I get the 32+, once the scores are up :scared:

gujuDoc said:
We should make a poll about how many posts will be in this thread before it is closed down at 10 pm when scores are released.

Will we reach 6000+???

Or will we stay in the 5200 range somewhere??

Or something else??
Well, at this rate, we'll be aroud 7000 posts by then.

morriske said:
sounds good. I can't decide what to do with my champagne. I only want to drink it if I get a 32+... guess I'll throw it in the freezer, if I get the 32+, once the scores are up :scared:
I have a bottle of champagne too - if it's that late I might just save it for tommorrow.

Ok I just got the THx message and now I have a dilema. I'm in NJ at my parents house right now but I have to be back to do research in MD tomorrow morning (around 10). Do I wait for my scores here in NJ with my mom, then get up really early tomorrow morning to drive back? Or do I drive back now, get back after scores are released (3 1/2 hr ride), check them and start drinkin with the boyfriend when he gets off work (around midnight?)

I'm thinking dirving for the next three hours will be good because it will stop me from obsessively reloading THx, but then I'd have to do the actual checking of scores all alone! Any advice is welcome...

going out to dinner, will order double gin and tonic and try to keep food down :laugh: :laugh:

morriske said:

You definitely need to do some pre-gaming though!

tch001 said:
Ok I just got the THx message and now I have a dilema. I'm in NJ at my parents house right now but I have to be back to do research in MD tomorrow morning (around 10). Do I wait for my scores here in NJ with my mom, then get up really early tomorrow morning to drive back? Or do I drive back now, get back after scores are released (3 1/2 hr ride), check them and start drinkin with the boyfriend when he gets off work (around midnight?)

I'm thinking dirving for the next three hours will be good because it will stop me from obsessively reloading THx, but then I'd have to do the actual checking of scores all alone! Any advice is welcome...

You could share your password with your mom, if you don't mind someone else knowing before you and then telling you.

Dr Durden said:
You could share your password with your mom, if you don't mind someone else knowing before you and then sharing.

Bad idea...cry plus driving = diaster...if you don't get what u want.

tch001 said:

I say go with this plan. Just don't try to make it down there by 10!

Dr Durden said:
You could share your password with your mom, if you don't mind someone else knowing before you and then telling you.
Driving is one of the worst times to find out about your MCAT score :D

This may have been addressed before, but...

What if THx is referring to 10PM EST on June 20 ?

Dr Durden said:

I'm not sure if getting my scores over the phone while dirving is a good idea...

danjo said:
I say go with this plan. Just don't try to make it down there by 10!

Just watch out for cops in Jersey. It's been in the news that several counties have budget shortfalls and they're trying to pull over someone an average of one every twenty minutes to make up the money.

Instead of drinking, I am eating an absurd amt. of crackers, chicken and grape salad, cream cheese, and now.....a biscotti. yuck!

Novagir18 said:
I think I'm going crazy as the time comes near. 4 hours to go.
I just want to get this wait over with.. Ahhhhh.....Whoever came up with the idea of MCAT and the two month wait after it is seriously sick...