***Official April 2006 Score Release Countdown Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gujuDoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the continuing spirit of the tradition started last year, we will hold this as your official countdown til score release thread. You can use this as a countdown, but may also post in here general conversation if you are just going insane over this wait. Also, this may not be an exact of when the scores will come out, but we don't know how many days before the official 60 days are over they will come out. Last year, they came out around June 15th at 10pm. But this will give us a rough approximation.

Ok, let the fun begin.........

59 days and counting........

Lets pray for all of you and for my very best roommate, and two of my other bestest friends. :D May all come with good news in the following two months.

This is for the neurotic ones who just need somewhere to vent their frustration over the wait. :p

Members don't see this ad.

Hey maybe if we can get enough people to constantly post for the next 36 hours of so we'll hit 10,000!

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr Durden said:
Well you've come to the right place!
Yeah I tried to convince him that there are people who are more obsessed than I am...but I guess outside of the pre-med world, we all seem equally crazy.

I posted this a while ago but my dad had a dream that I text messaged him I got a 44. I really like this dream :)

my dad is so proud that he can send and receive text messages :laugh:

thegymbum said:
Hey maybe if we can get enough people to constantly post for the next 36 hours of so we'll hit 10,000!

This seems less and less like a countdown and more and more like the "Random and only peripherally related" thread. Let's see if us April test-takers can beat them at their own game/post count.

Hi guys and girls,

Just dropping in to say hi. I wanted to request that you please NOT post images of your actual scores, for two reasons:

1) No one should post any identifying information (name, SS#) on SDN. Always remember that this is a public forum, and you don't know who is reading your posts.

2) A zillion images will slow down the server and maybe overload it. And we don't want SDN to crash right when scores come out, right???

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr Durden said:
This seems less and less like a countdown and more and more like the "Random and only peripherally related" thread.

What was the original topic again?

BioMedEngineer said:
So you have tasted pond water?????? :eek:

What? You've never been swimming in a pond before? I may have accidentally gotten pond water in my mouth before and that is what diet pepsi tastes like!

QofQuimica said:
Hi guys and girls,

Just dropping in to say hi. I wanted to request that you please NOT post images of your actual scores, for two reasons:

1) No one should post any identifying information (name, SS#) on SDN. Always remember that this is a public forum, and you don't know who is reading your posts.

2) A zillion images will slow down the server and maybe overload it. And we don't want SDN to crash right when scores come out, right???
*nods* very logical.

Dr Durden said:
This seems less and less like a countdown and more and more like the "Random and only peripherally related" thread. Let's see if us April test-takers can beat them at their own game/post count.
Sorry, but that can never happen. If it did, I'd have to temporarily close this thread to give the random thread time to catch up again. :smuggrin:

Dr Durden said:

But but.. we're still counting down! It almost seems like there's a post a minute.. by the time I make my reply, there's already like.. 20 posts between my reply and the original! :scared:

QofQuimica said:
Hi guys and girls,

No, we dont' want SDN to crash. Did anyone else notice server problems within the last few days? I kept getting an error message while I was at work on Friday I think...anyone else not know what to do when SDN isn't working? I could only stare at the screen.

QofQuimica said:
Sorry, but that can never happen. If it did, I'd have to temporarily close this thread to give the random thread time to catch up again. :smuggrin:

so ebil! :eek:

thegymbum said:

my cat likes to sit on the keyboard....maybe that will work :laugh:

aww.. I was about to start a convo about who has the coolest social security number. I'm hurt.

Dr Durden said:

yea, but we're have bursts of anxiety followed by things to take our mind off our nervousness-isn't that the point of this thread?

Soooo..... I had this strange MCAT experience last night. It wasn't a dream, though. While very very groggy, I woke up to go to the bathroom, had a glass of water, and sat down at the computer to check my MCAT THx, got back up and went to bed. Totally forgot about it today until my girlfriend said "Did you realize you checked your scores in the middle of the night? You know they wont come out on a Saturday night!!" How embarassing, to be caught in the middle of an addictive fix!!

morriske said:

Now now, we can't post fluff. We have to make it at least seem like we're having semi-intelligent conversation here. You heard Q's warning about the turf war. ;)

morriske said:

awww, my kitty did that before too.. she starved for my attention but wasa a pain in the butt when I was IMing :D

Does she approach the keyboard surrepitiously? Slowly paw out from the desk onto the keyboard while she watches your facial expression?

I miss my kitty :(

Hey I post... um.... very rarely, so I guess I'm pretty much new. I have a long MCAT vignette:

The night before the MCAT, my mom called and mentioned a looooong list of people who were praying for me (I'm not really religious, but it was so nice to hear all the people who were wishing me luck!). I went to find my little silver cross (on a thin silver chain) that I used to wear 24/7. It was tarnished pretty badly, so I looked up ways to polish silver.... So I put baking soda, aluminum foil, and HOT water in a dish and put my cross in. An oxidation-reduction reaction took place between the silver and the aluminum, reducing the tarnished cross to its former shiny glory!! So, basically, chemistry (or some divine fate) smiled on me on MCAT eve. I took the test (I think I had a really easy form...) and have been waiting for the scores.

JUST NOW I went to the bathroom and saw that my cross wasn't there. I looked through my room and found it next to my computer chair.... The chain on the cross broke and I can't find the fastener.... My MCAT good luck charm is... um... dead. :(

Sorry for the reaaaally long story..... I'm really not looking forward to score release now :scared:

SBBunny said:
Hey I post... um.... very rarely, so I guess I'm pretty much new. I have a long MCAT vignette:

The night before the MCAT, my mom called and mentioned a looooong list of people who were praying for me (I'm not really religious, but it was so nice to hear all the people who were wishing me luck!). I went to find my little silver cross (on a thin silver chain) that I used to wear 24/7. It was tarnished pretty badly, so I looked up ways to polish silver.... So I put baking soda, aluminum foil, and HOT water in a dish and put my cross in. An oxidation-reduction reaction took place between the silver and the aluminum, reducing the tarnished cross to its former shiny glory!! So, basically, chemistry (or some divine fate) smiled on me on MCAT eve. I took the test (I think I had a really easy form...) and have been waiting for the scores.

JUST NOW I went to the bathroom and saw that my cross wasn't there. I looked through my room and found it next to my computer chair.... The chain on the cross broke and I can't find the fastener.... My MCAT good luck charm is... um... dead. :(

Sorry for the reaaaally long story..... I'm really not looking forward to score release now :scared:
SBBunny! I'm so sorry to hear of your (un)lucky charm!!! Good luck anyway. Which form did you have, btw?

SBBunny said:

Maybe... it's a sign... that the scores are about ready to come... :eek:

Shortjome said:
awww, my kitty did that before too.. she starved for my attention but wasa a pain in the butt when I was IMing :D

Does she approach the keyboard surrepitiously? Slowly paw out from the desk onto the keyboard while she watches your facial expression?

I miss my kitty :(

Yeah, he knows he's not supposed to so he'll sneak onto the keyboard when we're not in the room and then look at us like "oops, I forgot"

its so cute we can't get mad :) I'm sorry you miss your kitty :(

thegymbum said:
aww.. I was about to start a convo about who has the coolest social security number. I'm hurt.

most intersting social security numbers??

hmm...how about...favorite movies??....i have a tie between two though....Rocky IV and A Walk to remember. yes, an inspirational thriller and a chick flick.

kdkdshah said:
most intersting social security numbers??

hmm...how about...favorite movies??....i have a tie between two though....Rocky IV and A Walk to remember. yes, an inspirational thriller and a chick flick.

Ohhhh, definitely Shawshank Redemption. Hands down.

And for those late-night while-you're-drunk flicks:
Super Troopers, Zoolander, and Harold & Kumar

Ahh, i miss college..

Shortjome said:

Ahh, i miss college..

ooolldd school?

van wilder?
haha if youve ever seen van wilder, i love how they summarize the med school admissions process

Shortjome said:

:laugh: I just read the quote in shortjome's signature and decided that I needed to start watching zoolander. Well ain't that a coincidence.

Shortjome said:

Ahh, i miss college..

harold and kumar is great....we should all meet up secretly outside the iowa office, protest for our scores, and then go to white castle for burgers! or veggie burgers! im sure they have vegan options as well!

Erina said:
It excites me greatly to see your location as "State College, PA." I know we already discovered that we both go to Penn State, but it's reassuring to have evidence that there is someone a couple minutes up the road from me who is feeling the exact same thing I'm feeling.

Me = penn state too!