***Official ASDOH Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I used interfolio.
Did you send it by email or mail? If email, which email address should I send the letter to?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you need a community service letter of rec to complete the secondary?

School: ASDOH
Notification date: 8/24/17
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: CA
GPA (science, overall): 3.34, 3.58
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/23/23/ none below 20

Sept 12th! Hope to see some of you there

Reactions: 1 user
I just retake my DAT and I got
20/24/21 (TS/PAT/AA). And I have 3.4 OGPA and 3.3 SGPA.
It seems like interview pool started to be filled up. But do I still have a chance to get invited? (My updated DAT score should be sent to school within a week :/)

Does anyone's decision status still say None?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I just retake my DAT and I got
20/24/21 (TS/PAT/AA). And I have 3.4 OGPA and 3.3 SGPA.
It seems like interview pool started to be filled up. But do I still have a chance to get invited? (My updated DAT score should be sent to school within a week :/)
I got an invite in late Jan, and I am currently studying for my endocrinology final :)

Reactions: 1 users
whats the earliest interview date? i just got the invite email tonight, and the only interview date available is 9/12

also does asdoh give their interview invites to a lot of applicants?

For those of you who already received an interview invite from ASDOH, how many total volunteering hours did you have? Does anyone know if ASDOH combine both the shadowing and volunteering hours when considering the total hours? Also, on the secondary application, it asks for volunteer experience in dentistry that does not include observation or shadowing. Did you guys basically reword what was stated on the AADSAS application? For all the dental volunteering I completed, I did both shadowing and volunteering (I didn't spend the entire day at a clinic staring at the dentist performing procedures on patients, I also assisted them with dental procedures and helped sterilize equipments/rooms after each procedure) so I don't know how to list it on the supplementary application.

Members don't see this ad :)
#1 Interview
OGPA 3.4 SGPA 3.33
Residency: Texas
DA: AA 21 / TS 20 / PAT 24 / QR 28 / RC 14
Volunteer hour > 100 hours
Prior service military

#1 Interview
OGPA 3.4 SGPA 3.33
Residency: Texas
DA: AA 21 / TS 20 / PAT 24 / QR 28 / RC 14
Volunteer hour > 100 hours
Prior service military
Congrats! When did you get your application complete email?

For those of you who already received an interview invite from ASDOH, how many total volunteering hours did you have? Does anyone know if ASDOH combine both the shadowing and volunteering hours when considering the total hours? Also, on the secondary application, it asks for volunteer experience in dentistry that does not include observation or shadowing. Did you guys basically reword what was stated on the AADSAS application? For all the dental volunteering I completed, I did both shadowing and volunteering (I didn't spend the entire day at a clinic staring at the dentist performing procedures on patients, I also assisted them with dental procedures and helped sterilize equipments/rooms after each procedure) so I don't know how to list it on the supplementary application.
I sent an email about
Congrats! I am a fellow Texan as well haha
Hope you get an answer as well!

I got my interview date Oct 16 (Monday)
Anyone has a same date of the interview?

Wanna share rental car and hotel?

Please PM to me :)

Got an interview invite today!

Anybody know if MOSDOH and ASDOH coordinate their acceptances/rejections? Like if you get accepted/rejected to one, do you have a better chance of getting accepted/rejected to the other?

Interview # 3 ! just received this morning

Last edited:
Anybody have any information regarding ASDOH's interviews? I know they have a "group activity" and a "manual dexterity test"? If anybody has any insight on those, it would be greatly appreciated. Not sure how to best prepare for them. Also, I read that there is a panel interview as well as 3 MMI's? Is this what everyone else has heard as well?

Anybody have any information regarding ASDOH's interviews? I know they have a "group activity" and a "manual dexterity test"? If anybody has any insight on those, it would be greatly appreciated. Not sure how to best prepare for them. Also, I read that there is a panel interview as well as 3 MMI's? Is this what everyone else has heard as well?
they have no more manual dexterity portion it's just a relaxed interview and just get on youtube and look up MMI a lot of helpful info on there.

they have no more manual dexterity portion it's just a relaxed interview and just get on youtube and look up MMI a lot of helpful info on there.
Good to know! Thanks. When is your interview scheduled for?

Does anybody know how many interview invites ASDOH sends out each cycle?

October 30 bro, but I want to change it to November if anything comes up. What about you?

and i think they send out close to 275-300 out of like 3000 applications
Nice! Mine is scheduled for October 17th. Thanks for the info! I have been searching around on their website for a while trying to find out how many they send out. Why do you want to change yours to November?

Nice! Mine is scheduled for October 17th. Thanks for the info! I have been searching around on their website for a while trying to find out how many they send out. Why do you want to change yours to November?
Yeah they send out about 300. I just want to do it as delayed as possible I've been running through my PTO at work haha so I am waiting to accumulate more and I think doing it in November helps with the fact that December 1 is closer so I won't be thinking about it all day. The interview is very relaxed and conversational so don't worry I interviewed last cycle and if you're looking at hotels do La Quinta they provide a shuttle but if you dont want to spend that much just try an Air b&B

Yeah they send out about 300. I just want to do it as delayed as possible I've been running through my PTO at work haha so I am waiting to accumulate more and I think doing it in November helps with the fact that December 1 is closer so I won't be thinking about it all day. The interview is very relaxed and conversational so don't worry I interviewed last cycle and if you're looking at hotels do La Quinta they provide a shuttle but if you dont want to spend that much just try an Air b&B
Gotcha, I know from the research that I've done that it is in your best interest to interview at the earliest date they have available since schools have rolling admissions. With each day passing, more people are getting accepted and taking up spots. Just something to think about. For most schools, I have heard that they do either an interview panel or MMI's. ASDOH does both?

Gotcha, I know from the research that I've done that it is in your best interest to interview at the earliest date they have available since schools have rolling admissions. With each day passing, more people are getting accepted and taking up spots. Just something to think about. For most schools, I have heard that they do either an interview panel or MMI's. ASDOH does both?
Very true I might change it to the 17th as well to be honest.

Last edited:
Interview #4
Notification date: 09/25
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
Application received date: 07/26
GPA (science, overall): 3.8,3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): 20/19/20/20
Volunteer hours - 500+ volunteer hrs with underserved population
nontrad

Interview #4
Notification date: 09/25
Residency: TX
GPA (science, overall): 3.8,3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): 20/19/20/20
Volunteer hours - 500+ volunteer hrs with underserved population
nontrad
When did you schedule it for?

Anyone else interviewing on October 17th?

This is for all my underdogs who still haven't got word from schools. Have faith in your application guys!!! I was feeling pretty down but patience is truly key!!

Interview #1!!
Notification date: 10/03
Residency: CA
GPA (science, overall): 3.3,3.48
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 20/20/25
Extracurriculars: +700 hours of community service and +250 hours of dental shadowing

Anyone interviewing on Nov 6th??

Reactions: 4 users
Hey there, Im getting ready to apply dental school again this upcoming cycle after almost completing my masters, which would put me at cummaltive 3.09 overall gpa. A 2.98 science gpa. And a 3.9-4.0 grad gpa in biotech masters. But my dat is only a AA19 and TS19 cuz I got a 17 in bio, I'm out of state woth plenty of shadowing, clinical technician work and volunteering, would i be a fit for ASDOH?

Hey there, Im getting ready to apply dental school again this upcoming cycle after almost completing my masters, which would put me at cummaltive 3.09 overall gpa. A 2.98 science gpa. And a 3.9-4.0 grad gpa in biotech masters. But my dat is only a AA19 and TS19 cuz I got a 17 in bio, I'm out of state woth plenty of shadowing, clinical technician work and volunteering, would i be a fit for ASDOH?
As long as you're passionate about dentistry and helping out the community with access to dental care you'd be a good fit for the school. Stats matter, but they aren't the only thing they look at. Considering your long academic history I would say you're pretty determined to pursue a career in dentistry. Now, you have to show them that you're passionate about the same things they are via personal statement and secondary app. (Sorry for the cliche answer, but it's true)

As long as you're passionate about dentistry and helping out the community with access to dental care you'd be a good fit for the school. Stats matter, but they aren't the only thing they look at. Considering your long academic history I would say you're pretty determined to pursue a career in dentistry. Now, you have to show them that you're passionate about the same things they are via personal statement and secondary app. (Sorry for the cliche answer, but it's true)
Are you a current a student there? Also is it also true that you need a rec letter from a volunteer head

Are you a current a student there? Also is it also true that you need a rec letter from a volunteer head

I am an applicant this cycle and they did ask me for a rec letter from a volunteer head

Status
Not open for further replies.