***Official ASDOH Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there, Im getting ready to apply dental school again this upcoming cycle after almost completing my masters, which would put me at cummaltive 3.09 overall gpa. A 2.98 science gpa. And a 3.9-4.0 grad gpa in biotech masters. But my dat is only a AA19 and TS19 cuz I got a 17 in bio, I'm out of state woth plenty of shadowing, clinical technician work and volunteering, would i be a fit for ASDOH?
When I called them about DAT minimum, they said they looked only AA

Since you have a great clinical background and volunteers experience, you should be fine

Good luck ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Stay positive everyone! I was losing hope and now I have my first interview.

Interview #1!!
School: ASDOH
Notification date: 10/09
Method of notification: Email
Residency: VA
Application received date: 07/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.7,3.2
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 18/19/17
Extracurriculars: 900+ hours of community service and 400 hours of dental shadowing
Interview Date: October 31

Would love to get some feedback/advice from anyone that has already interviewed.

Reactions: 3 users

Interview #1!!
Extracurriculars: 900+ hours of community service and 400 hours of dental shadowing

Would love to get some feedback/advice from anyone that has already interviewed.
Look up what multiple mini interviews on youtube and practice them. it's really laid back. Be sure to expect things like why dentistry and why ASDOH

Members don't see this ad :)

Interview #1!!

The 31 or the 30??

Look up what multiple mini interviews on youtube and practice them. it's really laid back. Be sure to expect things like why dentistry and why ASDOH
Quick question are you a student there or have just had the interview? I'm kinda trying to learn more about the school and the different aspects about it. Thanks!

Don’t lose hope people!
My application was complete the second week of August and I received an interview invite yesterday. I’ll be interviewing Nov 6, so there's still a lot of time!

Can someone that has interviewed this cycle confirm that there is no manual dexterity test/exercise?

Can someone that has interviewed this cycle confirm that there is no manual dexterity test/exercise?
I have been told that there is no manual dexterity test. But think of it this way, there’s no way you would be able to prepare for it anyway even if there was one. I would try and prepare for the panel interview/MMI’s primarily and answers to the common questions they are most likely going to ask. Just my opinion.

For anyone who has recently interviewed at ASDOH, do you know if they have a place to store luggage when you arrive to interview?

For anyone who has recently interviewed at ASDOH, do you know if they have a place to store luggage when you arrive to interview?
Yes, there is a place for your luggage and no there is no manual dexterity test.

To be honest they are not good at explaining what they want. I submitted a letter from someone who watched my do community service over the years and they emailed me saying that is not what they are looking for. I called and told her I followed exactly what they wanted and then she submitted my app to the committee.
I had the same experience except I was told it was not what they were looking for so I had another Community Service Supervisor submit a letter. Once that second letter was received and reviewed, I received an email stating that my application was passed along for review by the committee.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview Invitation!
unfortunately, I can't attend any of available dates :( idk what I should do

I'll spare the foul language but holy hell I just got my first interview and it's at ASDOH. I didn't think I would have a chance this cycle with my stats, but I took the chance and applied anyway. First time applicant as well. Best of luck to everyone whether it be ASDOH or any other d-school. In the famous words of Zyzz, "We're all gonna make it brah"

Interview #1 ASDOH

Notification date: October 19, TODAY
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: July 11th
Application complete date: July 20th
GPA (science, overall): 3.30 sGPA, 3.2 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/16/20/yeah PAT

Reactions: 2 users
I'll spare the foul language but holy hell I just got my first interview and it's at ASDOH. I didn't think I would have a chance this cycle with my stats, but I took the chance and applied anyway. First time applicant as well. Best of luck to everyone whether it be ASDOH or any other d-school. In the famous words of Zyzz, "We're all gonna make it brah"

Interview #1 ASDOH

Interview #1 ASDOH

When do you interview?

For those of you who already interviewed, did you receive the follow-up e-mail? They told us the day of our interview that we would receive an e-mail about a week later to let us know if we're either still being considered or if we're rejected (although they said rejections are rare). I'm worried because I haven't heard a thing!

For those of you who already interviewed, did you receive the follow-up e-mail? They told us the day of our interview that we would receive an e-mail about a week later to let us know if we're either still being considered or if we're rejected (although they said rejections are rare). I'm worried because I haven't heard a thing!

Nothing yet. Interviewed a couple weeks ago.

I interviewed on the 17th and haven’t heard a word since.

For those who have already interviewed there, would you guys please tell us how it went? How was Panel Interview/Admissions/MMIs/Presentations?

Nothing to worry about. Really structured day but the friendliness of all the faculty makes it feel very laid back. Panel interview was 2 on 1, 30 min and although it is somewhat drill like with questions it is very conversational and allows you to build off the energy. Not the case with some other schools. Don't be overbearing in the group activity and you will be fine, mmi's were the main concern for all of us at the beginning of the day but the consensus at the end was it was the most fun...can't discuss details but nothing to stress over and they go super quick...be confident and you'll do great. Really great school imo

Anybody else get the email this morning about still being considered for admission?

the subject was "pending decision." it said thanks for interviewing at ASDOH and that I was still being considered for the class of 2022. I'm just hoping it doesn't mean I was waitlisted. But I feel like it would have specifically stated that if I really was.

Oh ok i feel like ive seen that in previous threads..might want to take a look but i thonk youre right especially since they say they dont communicate decisions until 12/1 or after

Oh ok i feel like ive seen that in previous threads..might want to take a look but i thonk youre right especially since they say they dont communicate decisions until 12/1 or after
Exactly, I think I'm just gonna wait. Pretty sure it's just a follow up from the interview. Not a big deal. I guess it's better than a flat out rejection. haha

Anybody else get the email this morning about still being considered for admission?

Received it as well! I don't think it means we're waitlisted since they said they'd e-mail us after interview day letting us know if we're either still being considered or if we're rejected.

Received it as well! I don't think it means we're waitlisted since they said they'd e-mail us after interview day letting us know if we're either still being considered or if we're rejected.

Wow they said theyd send pre dec rejections?

Wow they said theyd send pre dec rejections?

Yea, but she said it's very rare - only if ASDOH strongly feels someone isn't a good fit for their school after interviewing him/her :/

Received the "still being considered" email this morning as well!

This thread is great! I have an interview next Monday 8/13. Many of the question I had were answered by reading through this tread. Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences.

December 1st is right around the corner, starting to get nervous! haha. Anyone remember how many acceptances they give out that day?

December 1st is right around the corner, starting to get nervous! haha. Anyone remember how many acceptances they give out that day?
Not sure! Getting excited for December 1st! I'm just ready to know already haha When did you interview?

Not sure! Getting excited for December 1st! I'm just ready to know already haha When did you interview?
I interviewed on the 16th of October! Hoping i get in because this wait has been so long lol

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #4!!

Does anyone know if there are January dates available still? They only gave me 2 dates in December.

Interview #4
Notification date: 11/16
Residency: NC
Application received date: 09/05
GPA (science, overall): 3.66,3.47
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 18/18/19 (no section under 17)
Extracurricular: Student Athlete, 400+ hours of community service, 200 hours of dental shadowing, 500+ hours dental assiting
Interview Date: December 5th

For those of you underdogs there is still time!! This is my third application cycle and this is year is the first year I have gotten interviews!!!
Interview #2
Notification date: 11/22
Residency: GA
Application received date: 08/29
GPA (science, overall): 3.24,3.30
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 18/16/20 (no section under 16)
Extracurricular: 600+ hours of community service, 200+ hours of dental shadowing, Dental Hygienist
Interview Date: January 16th (Sadly the December dates did not work with my schedule)

What is the interview to acceptance ratio for the school? I have read around it's like 1:7 or 1:8??

What is the interview to acceptance ratio for the school? I have read around it's like 1:7 or 1:8??
My interviewer told me they get around 3000 applications, of which around 300 get interviewed, of those 76 get accepted. But schools send out more acceptances than seats available due to students with multiple acceptances etc, so maybe ASDOH will send out 100 acceptances? Rough ratio would be 1:3 accepted:interviewed or 33% chance.

My interviewer told me they get around 3000 applications, of which around 300 get interviewed, of those 76 get accepted. But schools send out more acceptances than seats available due to students with multiple acceptances etc, so maybe ASDOH will send out 100 acceptances? Rough ratio would be 1:3 accepted:interviewed or 33% chance.

Oh nice! Not so bad! Best of luck man.. I hope you get in! I have just read on other threads it was like they interview 500 people for the 76 seats..

Last edited:
Oh nice! Not so bad! Best of luck man.. I hope you get in! I have just read on other threads it was like they interview 500 people for the 76 seats..
Thank you, yeah my interviewer told me this year it was anywhere from 300-350 interviewed, maybe that's pre-dec?

Thank you, yeah my interviewer told me this year it was anywhere from 300-350 interviewed, maybe that's pre-dec?

Nah, that sounds about right. Would not make sense to interview more than 350 for that many seats

Interview invite #3
I was given three dates to choose from

Status
Not open for further replies.