***Official ASDOH Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
No one's made this so here ya go!

Link to last years thread: ***Official ASDOH Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Link to interview prep: Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
When does ASDOH stop doing interviews? Is at the month of March?

I submitted my application on 6/4 and it was complete on 6/13. I was invited for an interview on 8/1.

GPA (science, overall): 2.8, 3.0
Non-science Master’s GPA: 3.8
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 19/19/19/None

I’m also a reapplicant. I have about 400 volunteer hours and counting. I also worked as a dental assistant for 1 year.
Does anyone have any tips on how to prepare for the interview!? I’m nervous for the group/MMIs :/

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my application on 6/4 and it was complete on 6/13. I was invited for an interview on 8/1.

GPA (science, overall): 2.8, 3.0
Non-science Master’s GPA: 3.8
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 19/19/19/None

I’m also a reapplicant. I have about 400 volunteer hours and counting. I also worked as a dental assistant for 1 year.
Does anyone have any tips on how to prepare for the interview!? I’m nervous for the group/MMIs :/
If you don't mind what was you Masters on ?

I got invited to interview earlier today!

Also, to those who check their AADSAS status, my status still says 'None' despite being offered an interview so don't worry about that!

Reactions: 1 users
I got invited to interview earlier today!

Also, to those who check their AADSAS status, my status still says 'None' despite being offered an interview so don't worry about that!
Did you get an email or notified on the portal?

Interview #1
School:
AT Still AZ
Notification date: August 14
Method of notification: Email
Residency: AZ
AADSAS mail-out date: June 10
Application complete date: 6/26/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.32 science, 3.47 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/25/30/none
Dates available OR your interview date: September 9

Interview #1
School:
AT Still AZ
Notification date: August 14
Residency: AZ
AADSAS mail-out date: June 10
Application complete date: 6/26/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.32 science, 3.47 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/25/30/none
Dates available OR your interview date: September 9
And AADSAS portal status still says none, so i think AT Still isn't great about keeping those current

Hello everyone! I am a current D1 at ASDOH and was in yall's shoes not too long ago! If anybody has any questions or needs any help or information please don't hesitate to ask away!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone! I am a current D1 at ASDOH and was in yall's shoes not too long ago! If anybody has any questions or needs any help or information please don't hesitate to ask away!
Hey! Thank you for taking the time to answer some questions. Do you recommend so place to stay before the interview? Airbnb? Hotel?
How did you prepare for your interview? Why did you decided to attend this program? What should we expect from the interview?

Thank you again, I know this are busy days.

Interview #9

I just received invitation to interview!
OOS: Florida

anyone have tips on how to prepare or what to expect for the interview? SDN interview feedback doesn't seem promising..

anyone have tips on how to prepare or what to expect for the interview? SDN interview feedback doesn't seem promising..

I'm also wondering the same. I do not know how to prepare for the interview at all besides "be yourself." I'm worried about the acting scenarios/MMIs.

I'm also wondering the same. I do not know how to prepare for the interview at all besides "be yourself." I'm worried about the acting scenarios/MMIs.

That literally is the only thing you can do is BE YOURSELF. IT WILL MAKE YOUR INTERVIEW SO MUCH LESS STRESSFUL. If you memorize everything, you’re going to sound like a robot talking. Just be yourself..

Interview #3
School: ASDOH
Notification date: 09/16/19
Residency: TX
Application complete date: 07/18/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.23, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/20/22/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/30, 10/4, 10/14, 10/18

Interview #3
Notification date: 09/16/19
Residency: TX
Application complete date: 07/18/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.23, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/20/22/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/30, 10/4, 10/14, 10/18
what was your status on AADSAS? mine still says none anyone else?

Asdoh uses their own portal, the one where you submitted your secondary. I believe it will always say “none” on aadsas

ASDOH does not update the AADSAS portal. Mine has never changed from none and I interviewed there last week.

How was your interview? Was it stressful for you?

I personally felt like the entire interview day was very low stress. They have you busy all day long rotating out of tours, interviews, and presentations that all the nervousness kind of just wears off. The staff was super friendly and most people I spoke to during the interview agreed that they felt like their interview was pretty low stress.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone receive an interview invite recently?

Received an interview this morning! A few dates in November were available :) WOO!!!

Reactions: 4 users
I received an invitation to interview this morning as well. Does anyone who has interviewed have any tips or advice?

Received an interview invite just now, scheduled for 11/15! I submitted my secondary 07/24.

Does anyone know which airport (Phoenix vs Phoenix-Mesa) it's better to fly into? If anyone wants to split an Airbnb or hotel room (girls preferred) please let me know, the plane tickets are about to be quite pricey :(

Received an interview invite just now, scheduled for 11/15! I submitted my secondary 07/24.

Does anyone know which airport (Phoenix vs Phoenix-Mesa) it's better to fly into? If anyone wants to split an Airbnb or hotel room (girls preferred) please let me know, the plane tickets are about to be quite pricey :(

Phoenix will probably have better prices. Consider the 30-40$ Uber ride from the airport and the other 25-30$ ride to the airport (Airport fee). I stayed in a Airbnb 5-10 min away from the school. I couldn't sleep the night before to tell you the truth but, the neighborhood are amazing there.

Phoenix will probably have better prices. Consider the 30-40$ Uber ride from the airport and the other 25-30$ ride to the airport (Airport fee). I stayed in a Airbnb 5-10 min away from the school. I couldn't sleep the night before to tell you the truth but, the neighborhood are amazing there.
Ah thanks for letting me know! You're right -- I just checked the airlines at the Mesa airport and they had no flights that fit my schedule. Hopefully the Airbnb won't cost too much, I've hated spending so much on Uber rides for interviews.

Ah thanks for letting me know! You're right -- I just checked the airlines at the Mesa airport and they had no flights that fit my schedule. Hopefully the Airbnb won't cost too much, I've hated spending so much on Uber rides for interviews.

I stayed at Hampton Inn & Suites which was fairly close to the campus! The uber was about $8 to the campus and $20 from the airport. They have free breakfast in the morning which was really great because I needed that morning coffee :)

I received an invitation to interview this morning as well. Does anyone who has interviewed have any tips or advice?
Congrats!!! They keep you really busy during the day. Know your application and PS. Be confident and do your research on the school. Good luck! :)

I stayed at Hampton Inn & Suites which was fairly close to the campus! The uber was about $8 to the campus and $20 from the airport. They have free breakfast in the morning which was really great because I needed that morning coffee :)
Thanks for letting me know! I ended up booking the Sleep Inn near the school, I hope they've got coffee too haha

Just got an invite - only days i could choose were the week of December 9

Hey, im flying in from VA on Thursday for my interview on Friday! If anyone wants to get together please reach out!

I'm flying in from Bay Area CA! If anyone wants to get coffee or walk around a bit after the interview, let me know!! I have a few hours afterwards before I have to be at the airport.

If you've already interviewed at ASDOH, please help! Were you asked geography, political, current event, or history questions??

Last edited:
Rejection #2 (no interview)
Notification date: 11/14/2019
Residency: Nevada
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28/2019
Application complete date: 7/19/2019
GPA (science, overall): 3.45, 3.55
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/21/19/None

Last edited:
Rejection #2
Notification date: 11/14/2019
Residency: Nevada
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28/2019
Application complete date: 7/19/2019
GPA (science, overall): 3.45, 3.55
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/21/19/None
Did you interview or they just automatically rejected you?

Who is excited for tomorrow? I cannot stop thinking about this program.

Who is excited for tomorrow? I cannot stop thinking about this program.
the day can't go by fast enough. I'm a mix of excited but nervous at the same time! Goodluck to everyone waiting on a decision tomorrow! :rofl: